Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    HAPPY 4K

kYSzNkp.png
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@emorrill Congrats on reaching page 4000!!

I was playing this family when I started posting in 2016. This is my Bannister Family. They are stored in a porter file and maybe can be restored someday.
    16428243621_d64f570ec0_o.jpg
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    edited September 2020
    Happy Page 4000 Day everyone! Here is an Ultimate Sim update to celebrate.

4DOtmUI.jpg
    Later Sunday morning, Brittany worked on her 150 elixir skill challenge. She's around 45 from reaching the goal.

qF3oqD1.jpg
    The repairman came to fix everything broken but he left the puddle for Christopher and Brittany to clean up.

nsjbzuJ.jpg
    Before bed, the young couple had a nice chat. It didn't lead to woohoo, they just needed a nice chat.

g30xPbD.jpg
    Monday came around and Brittany took off for her first day in the business career. She starts at level 4 due to having a business degree.

YCEnFV4.jpg
    Christopher had a celebrity opportunity so I had him work on that. He didn't finish it yet but is working on it.

r4tKidF.jpg
    He made it to the park where he did some fishing. He didn't get much in but at least it made him happy.

JPtyvop.jpg
    Christopher then stopped to chat with Stiles McGraw who was taking pictures of him on his phone. Christopher talked to him for a bit but then went on.

9MTqtj6.jpg
    As he was getting hungry, I decided to have him enter a hotdog eating contest. Unfortunately, he lost and vomited all over nearby.

7m19lrt.jpg
    Brittany power worked the whole shift and was lucky enough to get promoted to level 5 in the business career. It won't take her too long at this rate.

cOQL4jK.jpg
    I sent her to the park to get something to eat. Christopher had a sick to his stomach moodlet (or whatever it is called) so I went ahead and sent him home.

pjbB5ic.jpg
    Once that was finished, she had to deliver a dossiere to the science facility. This gave her a $3 raise but it won't matter too much as she'll get promoted the following day, more than likely. I actually don't know because as I write this, she is still at work as I'm currently playing.

MCIwkcH.jpg
    I almost forgot to have Christopher take care of the plants but I was lucky enough to remember. I had to kick him off the computer though to get it done.

X9K38Xo.jpg
    When Brittany went to work, shortly before I paused to type up this update, Christopher spent some time on the computer again. It's raining outside so I'll find indoor things for him to do.

J2LyFa5.jpg
    I then had him clean up the dead plants and get the mail before talking with Abraham. Today is Christophers birthday but I won't share that part of the update tonight. It hasn't happened yet but that's where I'll be resuming my game once I post this.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    HAPPY 4K

kYSzNkp.png

Omgosh @CravenLestat I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!! :smiley: Thank you! <3

@bekkasan Thank you. :kissing_heart: I'm glad we could share this together this evening. :blush:
    Beautiful family the Banisters are. I'd love to learn more about them. :)

@Brandontaylor I'll take more of your Ultimate Sim story for the page 4000 celebration. ;) It's always a joy to see Christopher. :love:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    YAY! It's close.

Hi @coco thanks. I got the video recorded. Now I've got to put it all together. I think there's enough there to do a few episodes. I'm thinking 3 or 4. It's great to see you here again. I miss your posts. Maybe I should venture father afield and check out more parts of the forums.

@Brandontaylor yes. Thanks. Having a high nectar making skill meant he only had to do each step of the way once. Instead of about 10 times before getting the first Nice nectar. Saved lots of time.

The game didn't let me down this time. I managed to get through the tombs under the nectary. I'm hoping I got it all videoed. But I did save as a few times so I can go back to critical spots to get more video or just confirm things as I go along. Hoping it'll all come together.

@MoonandStars83 thanks. I think it worked this time.

@bekkasan I love your story about poor Karen and the problems she had with that man. She looks wonderful while you had control of her.

That's it from me for now. I'm working on a video for the Isla Paradiso Bunch. Episode 76 I believe.

happy Simming all.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @MoonandStars83 Some of it loosely based on the movie but not really.I added and removed things to my liking.
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @coco Heyyyyy. Your pics are really great. They remind me deeply how comically bad I am at being creative. :lol: and hey, @CravenLestat Thanks for giving seemingly everyone but your friend with the Thai signature your Thai sim. :neutral:

Anyway, to answer your question @coco I cannot remember a time where my life was going genuinely all-around well and I'm just going to stop this here, because I've been down this road enough to know I'm having a really bad mental health day and if I keep typing crap, it's going to seem more and more like I'm taking it out on you guys and I don't want that sooooo. I'm gonna go hug my cat.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    @Mikezumi You were pretty early on in this thread,you need to go dig up your first screenie posted here.You are a WHIYGT Veteren

@bekkasan My gawd your graphics have improved over the years,if you get the family working now in your current settings it is going to blow you away. :o

@Brandontaylor Nasueous moodlet,and my sim gets it all the time.I swear that hot dog eating contest is rigged against me.I even wait till my guy is starving and end up last place and puking.Even lil kids beat me

@Emily4331 :s I will and should be ashamed

Can you forgibbs me :(

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Just looking through my old posts on here and realize how many of my stories are Historical pieces.XD I think I should
    stop with the history stuff and do something else LOL :o:D
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    That’s a first. One of the dogs in the Ultimate Sim Challenge save is named French Fry Head. I knew there were some Heads in town but why’d they pick French Fry? :D
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @CravenLestat I came back to the forum in November 2016 after taking a long break. I had had some losses (mother and husband) and had also moved back to Australia after living in the States for about 15 years. Although I started simming before I started posting again, I didn't really know many of the new crop of simmers so took a while to step back in. Unfortunately, I can't show any of my early images because I used TinyPic back then :(
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 ... Great Job on Karen.

Her eyes really pop and your makeover is nice.
    Love the hair ... Along with keeping the original patterns, it kind of gives her a carefree look.

She really looks nice ... Good Job!

@bekkasan ... Great Update.

Mary was brave to talk to Liam, but it makes sense since Liam knows more about the conditions.
    Looks like he'll help her out.

Damien in the long-johns is awesome ... Warm is better than fancy <3
    He's on the scent and has some info to work with.
    That is if his new friends/guests give him enough time.
    Damien's friend is going to find more than expected when he gets there.
    Nice Job ... Have Some Fun!

Love your futuristic Karen as well ... Great set-up for a story.
    CravenLestat spilled the beans on his nefarious operations ... Kidnapping poor Karen like that.

@emorrill ... Awesome Job on Karen.

The style of her outfit suits the hairstyle from head to toe (really, the shoes are great too).
    She does look a bit sassy ... Love the hair style.
    Your version is just well put together.

I'm with ya on having fun with Karen and the photoshoot.
    It took me a while because Karen has the Clumsy trait and I don't tend to use poses.

@CravenLestat ... Had a good idea for a fun activity.
    Congrats on the 4000 pages ... Here's to the next 4000 ... <3

Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I loaded up my game and for some reason buildings around town are missing roof pieces
    Screenshot-3.jpg
    I haven't uninstalled anything and I tried in all my saves.

@Rflong7 Since this is your Haunted Valley.Would you happen to know what might cause this?
    Post edited by GraceyManor on
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member

Krusty Karen Moves To Hidden Springs
    Cindy Calvert needed a roommate anyway, so I moved Karen in with her.

Okay ... The Clumsy Trait was hoot while trying to capture some shots.

50313424558_60b76ecb85_k.jpg

But, no biggy ... She faired a bit better on the second take.

50314274672_b130c3eb43_k.jpg

When it got time to try out the formalwear shoot, Karen was worried about her make-up.

50314096356_8863b4a8d3_k.jpg

She was not having a good time trying to walk in heels ...
    I took a shot real quick when I got a chance.

50313423348_6ff06add78_k.jpg

I was careful not to feed her any protein ... And we just walked through the workout area.
    Wanted to make sure she still looked like a toothpick for the shoot.

Craven must have been starving her ... :/

50313423673_3a0555f43b_k.jpg

It's fall now in my Hidden Springs ... And some nights are chilly.

50314095661_eda6b7b7a6_k.jpg

Of course there are ways you can deal with chilly nights ... Huh @CravenLestat ... :D

50314096586_51ea7e91f0_k.jpg

50314273857_5b82f009f0_k.jpg

Thanks again for the opportunity and a great Sim to add to my town.
    She's doing fine, made some friends, and is staying out of trouble so far.

Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    Nevermind its not fixed.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    @BlackSand

2x49TqR.gif

You were the first to make her a ginger <3

Was wondering who was going to be the chosen one,I swear I thought Nikkei Simmer was going to do it and make her a redhead but you did it!!!

I luff redheads sooooo cute I love it

But now lets take a trip back in memory lane

Page 10 of this very thread many years ago a shy girl named Blacksand posted her first screenshots right here

Remember this ?? :o January of 2015

EjQBsuo.jpg

Happy 4,000 to you blacksand who has been here from the start

So far we have

Silverofdreams30 /Gave her pink hair and dressed her casual clothing girl next door
    Bekkasan/ Black hair and black clothing tattoos
    Emorrill /Seen her as a brown haired model with blonde highlights
    Blacksand/ Redhead wealthy socialite

Not one person has been the same,love how everybody has such a unique vision

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    @CravenLestat, Alas, for me, a redhead is not in the cards as my good friend @BlackSand beat me to it. So I shall have to attempt something unique...and rest assured dear Krusty Karen shall be unique.

But as I am currently in the midst of Chapter Four of my Apocalypse saga...Krusty Karen's makeover will have to wait until I am done. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Think the graphics card on my new computer is dying already.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    edited September 2020
    @BlackSand Thank you for the compliments on the way I made over Karen. :blush: That means a lot since I don't consider myself well versed in fashion. :p
    I love what you did with her and those are some hot outfits! I could imagine Craven drooling and I see that he was. :smirk:

Okay everyone, so my very first post that started this amazing thread was this. (I'll put in a Spoiler)
    Hey everyone. :)
    I've been playing Sunset Valley (along with the W mod) and I just made some CRAZY things happen yesterday and today with the Langerak Family. Hee hee ;)
    Well, I thought I would pick on this family for the fun of it. They seemed to have some dysfunction going on. Iliana (the mom) is a workaholic, Dustin (the dad) is lazy but loves family (he was in the criminal career when I started playing them. Not a good suit for his personality so I made him quit. He now has a part-time job at the bookstore). Their daughter Kaylynn seems to take care of everything while her older brother Parker, rebels and pays more attention to wooing girls than anything else. And to add craziness to the family, Iliana's sister Zelda Mae needed a place to live so, in she went. That is the original story of this family.
    Now for what I did to them. Lol! ;)
    Iliana didn't like how much of a slob Dustin is and he in turn didn't like how much of a workaholic she is. And little did Iliana know that her husband and sister were...doing a lot of romantic things in secret while she was at work. ;) Well, for a while she didn't know but then she was able to catch on. In anger she turned to her secret crush from work (Thornton Wolff) and begin having romantic relations with him. Meanwhile the kids are not exactly sure what has been going on...and Dustin and Zelda Mae had a risky woo hoo one night. Zelda got pregnant days later. At this time Dustin decided he had enough with Iliana and divorced her. Iliana then moved in with Thornton. Later, minutes before Zelda went into labor, Dustin proposed to her. The kids were pretty happy about it, they never saw much of their mother anyway. (Funny, this new baby would be their half-brother AND cousin...weird. ;) )
    A baby boy was born and they named him Link (sorry, I couldn't help myself ;) ). Dustin and Zelda go off on a honeymoon and leave Parker and Kaylynn to care for the baby and the home while they are gone. (Seriously?) Well, Dustin asks the girl he's had a crush on for a while to Prom (River McIrish) and they go together and end up falling so hard for each other they become boyfriend and girlfriend. The next day, with the parents still gone, Parker is DYING to see River again and goes over to her house. They get frisky and...I'm pretty sure River is pregnant. Lol!
    And that's where I left my game for today. Had to get back to reality. :)
    I love how I can screw up sims lives or make them do things I would NEVER DO!!! It's so much fun! ;)

So what happened in your game today? Can we keep this thread going for a while? :)

Gosh I think it's so cute how I asked if we could keep the thread going for a while. :blush: Not having ANY idea how popular it was going to become and how we'd be here celebrating page 4000 five years later! :open_mouth:
    (I do wonder if anyone has gone back and read it from the beginning....? 🤔 )

Anyhoo,

Since I didn't have any pictures back then of playing around with the Langerak Family, I went back to SV to give them all makeovers so I could play out this dramatic story once again. :mrgreen:

So here they are in all their glory. :lol:

50314425871_476b4a6c36_c.jpg

It was nice that the game had them all outside like that ready for me to makeover. :)

I dunno what was up with their clothing styles (I guess this was 10 years ago when they were created...) and honestly, getting a close up look of Iliana, I didn't realize just how homely looking she really is...... :neutral: (Sorry if that's mean, but seriously check her out.)

50313755588_5c0d31edb5_c.jpg

Her nose is oddly shaped, so are her lips, her eyes look like they're swollen and she can barely open them, and I HATE those black eyes EA has given most everyone in this family that don't look like they even have irises in them! Ya know?? :grimace: So I totally fixed that!

But yeah those were things that had to be changed on her, imho. Because if Thornton was going to cheat on beautiful Morgana with her...she needed to look at least pretty. Just saying. :lol: So I got right to work tweaking her facial features, but not too much because I always want original sims to be recognizable. I didn't capture any step by step pics of that, too lazy, but here is how she looks after I fixed her up and made her over:

50313755623_d4f60365c0_c.jpg
    (New pattern on the shirt for the win! :star: )

Close up:

50314604622_309f2e76a8_c.jpg
    Much better! :star:
    Dustin in the background be like, "Dayum woman, you're lookin' FINE!" :lol:

And speaking of Dustin, as far as he goes...

50314604637_5f287f583e_c.jpg

...I think he looks unique enough that I didn't change anything on him. At least I don't recall that I did.......
    His eyes are pretty close together so I may have spread them apart a tad, but yeah I pretty much left him alone.

Next we have good old Zelda Mae! :lol:

50314604677_589e6a83c1_c.jpg

The chica that gets a bunch of hate for trying to be a blonde when it's pretty clear she's not. Honestly, that's the LAST thing I noticed about her throughout years of playing and never did until I read people going off about it somewhere on the forum once. Let me just say something right now...

I prefer her as a blonde! And that is why I kept her as such. :p #nohateplease ;)

Her eyes and eyebrows needed desperate tweaking and changing big time! (I gave her a better eye color for variety.) I may have fiddled with her nose and lips a tiny bit, but don't remember.

I thought this hairstyle totally looked cute on her...

50313755753_7c654d7931_c.jpg

...but as cute as that was, I decided to go with something that fits her traits better. It's pretty clear that she's a hippy/environmentalist, at least from what I could gather, so I gave her a very fitting hairstyle. :blush:

50314604702_d10da8fe33_c.jpg

I'm loving it SO much! :grin:

I kept her original shirt and went with different bottoms. :)

50314425806_b7dedd7fc3_c.jpg

Back in Live mode she be like, "Ohhhh yeah, I'm HOT stuff!" :lol:
    (And dear GOSH I forgot to change her hair roots to blonde! :scream: Will fix later...)

50314425776_c06af1b0bd_c.jpg
    (She'll certainly be grabbing her brother-in-law's attention with her new look...*ahem* :p )

Next I moved on to the teenage son, Parker.

50313755483_0d387c9f42_c.jpg

I'm not even going to say what my very first thought was looking at him up close in CAS like this, but it was something along the lines of...He's trying too hard to be someone he's not...and I'll leave it at that.

So I turned him back into a teenager who isn't going through a "stage" and he looks like a cutie now. :blush:

50314604457_855feb2057_c.jpg

And he got some spiffy new clothes too:

50314604382_accc47c2bb_c.jpg
    (He'll most definitely capture the heart of a certain Irish girl... :smirk: )

And lastly I moved on to the child daughter, Kaylynn.

50314604342_12b2bf4948_c.jpg

Okay...this poor child looks like a servant girl. :confounded: Seriously, what was EA thinking when they were creating and dressing her up?? It's like it's implied that she's the one that does all the house work since her Mom is on call working at the Hospital all the time, Dad is a couch potato, and Aunt Zelda is too busy talking to plants. And naturally Parker is "too cool" to do the housecleaning...
    :lol:

I couldn't have her stay in that kind of Persona <---- there's a better word, but I can't think of it right now. Curse my brain these days! :confounded:

But first I was very curious to see what she looked like as a YA...

50314604317_d8af9b2e2f_c.jpg

Honestly...she doesn't look bad. I expected her to look more hideous given SV's track record with cute children growing up ugly! :grimace: She has her dad's not so great nose.....

Anyhoo, so I tweaked some of her features as a YA and then aged her back down to a child, giving her much better attire, and a hairstyle, that makes her look like a normal kid who hasn't been forced into slave labor in her own household!

50314425641_2e5b1b0433_c.jpg

I really think she turned out adorbs! :blush: (Okay, I don't like to use that word, but I felt it fitting here. :lol:;) )

So that's it with the Langerak family makeover. :)

Next post will be makeovers in the Single Mom's Household. :mrgreen:
    (Paging @Nikkei_Simmer for obvious reasons. :p )

Let's keep the party going my friends! Thanks for sharing all your nostalgic and Karen makeover posts. <3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    The Mushroom Cloud Chronicles - Sunset Valley

Chapter Four - Stocking the Bunker

In the words of Fleet Admiral Toshio Nakamura
    Within the bunker, we had a lot of amenities that we could use to increase our skills. It wasn’t a matter of sitting in the bunker waiting for the world to end and becoming bored out of our minds. We would have plenty to do...and the war would be over that quickly. All things considered, nuclear weapons didn’t give much of an opportunity for the good ol’ days of hand-to-hand combat and beating the enemy one-on-one. It was a “launch missiles” and if you weren’t vaporized off the face of the earth, you ended up becoming one of the ones who if you couldn’t make heads or tails out of the new way of things, were destined to starve.
    Screenshot-217.jpg
    Anyways for the first day, I allowed the bunker group to do what they wanted. We’d have to buckle down to work anyways soon enough. A day of rest was just what the doctor ordered. And come to think of it, we didn’t have a doctor on staff. That might be something that we had to remedy...before the bombs fell.
    Screenshot-218.jpgScreenshot-220.jpgScreenshot-221.jpgScreenshot-222.jpg
    Lia, Mac, River and I decided to play a game of pool. I’ve always enjoyed pool in any case. It has always been a way for me to relax. What better form of enjoyment than to take a stick and whack a little white ball at a bunch of other ball trying to knock ‘em into one of six holes.

Haruo, Harm, Bebe and Jen decided to take a table and play dominoes. And Meg and Kimber played chess together, surprisingly amicable. I wasn’t sure why Meg was eyeing Kimber and Mac suspiciously like that throughout the introductory meeting but well, it certainly made for some interesting dynamics. I felt that things would work themselves out and just so long as they listened to what Meg had to say as she was my XO and that she was the one that would be backing up my orders.

I wasn’t going to be unfair under any circumstance or pick favorites. Everyone had an important role in the bunker and each would have to work towards the benefit of the entire bunker as a whole. If we were going to survive this war, we would all have to work together as a cohesive group. There was no room for individuals in a situation like this. To work together was to survive.

And there was too much to do before the bombs fell. I knew that it was going to go that way. There were already too many signs. Admiral Jennings; the de facto replacement for my rear-end who had to go into hiding in the bunker, already had his hands full trying to deal with the Pacific Fleet crisis and his XO Admiral Davison was having his hands full trying to make heads or tails of what the Russians had planned in any case chasing the Russian Black Sea Fleet in the Atlantic if and when this whole thing kicked off. And the situation seemed to be spiralling the toilet enroute to being flushed./
    Screenshot-223.jpgScreenshot-225.jpg
    While everyone else had a relaxing day, I took the APC and headed out to the grocery store and decided to stock up on meats so that the bunker had enough to eat once the whole event went down. If we could stock up to about 1000 on each type of meat we should be fine. And Kimber and Bebe were doing their best to become good at science. In fact, Bebe took initiative, after informing me that she had been technophobic, and went down to the brain-enhancement machine and readjusting her temperament and phobias so that the technophobic trait wouldn’t affect her any longer. Now she was constantly busy with the science station which had freaked her out before and honing up on her scientific knowledge.

River and Lia started on the arcane working with magic and that would stand us in good stead. Who knew what creatures we’d see when we opened the blast door for the first time after the radiation had died down. Misshapen lethal creatures could potentially abound within the flora and fauna of a recovering radiation and war-torn world. And we weren’t sure how to deal with such mutations. We would have to be well on our guard in any case, every time we stepped out of the bunker.
    Screenshot-226.jpg
    The store appeared to be well stocked and the grocer mentioned that he had more stock in the back freezers should we need it. He also mentioned that he could raise orders enough to outfit us. Of course considering the fact that what we were privy to was classified, I didn’t mention anything to the grocer, just that if he could raise the meat orders so that we could buy 500 of each at one time, it would be beneficial to us in terms of stocking our cold pantry with enough to last us through tough times.

When I came back from the grocers it was time to get busy with dispatches from the Pentagon and the latest news from the battlefront. Admiral Jennings kept me updated as I was his direct superior and even though I wasn’t on the Beltway any longer, I was still a part of his chain-of-command and they still reported to me on a regular basis. They were my connection with DC. So I sent off a dispatch to the JCS and they were informed that we were now in possession of the bunker and that we were on replenishment mode prior to lockdown.
    Screenshot-227.jpg
    Dinner in the bunker was an all-hands affair. Each person did a little bit trying to improve their cooking skills. Cooking was a necessary skill for those who would survive and it was certainly needed in order to be well-fed. If you couldn’t feed yourself in the new world of devastation, you would end up starving to death very quickly.
    Screenshot-228.jpg
    After dinner, I heard Haruo swearing upstairs. Evidently the elevator had got him...and he’d done a faceplant on the brick flooring upstairs beside the garden area. Evidently the elevator has a thing for trying to injure us. Well...someone’s going to have to learn handiness quickly.
    Screenshot-229.jpgScreenshot-230.jpg
    Harm had decided to tackle robotics...and was planning to build us a plumbot that could potentially go up into the radioactive miasma and scout around to see what had happened. And better to have it now before things happened than have to play catch-up. We certainly had a well-stocked activity area where people could learn new skills.
    Screenshot-231.jpgScreenshot-232.jpgScreenshot-233.jpg
    Phil, as usual, tried to play with metal and a blow-torch; that wasn’t really a good combination as he kept scorching his fingers.
    Screenshot-234.jpg
    Meg, as my XO, had to deal with just as many dispatches as I did. So we were both locked up in our rooms trying to play catch-up with communiques from the Pentagon. After which Meg and I discussed matters in the kitchen as far as running the bunker. Everyone else was downstairs trying to raise their skill levels so things were very busy in the bunker.
    Screenshot-237.jpgScreenshot-239.jpgScreenshot-241.jpg
    She brought up a number of key points of personnel that we were missing in terms of the medical staff and a few other individuals that could potentially keep our bunker maintenance up so that we could train other members to do the same tasks. She made some really good points in that. I had been too busy focused on the day to day aspects of bunker life whereas we needed to maintain the structural integrity of the bunker or it would not bode well for us. There was a reason why I had chosen Meg for my XO...and the reasoning that she put forth to me about making sure that we had a good solid maintenance person and medical staff was clearly shining through in why I had picked her for the job of bunker executive officer.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Happy 4000 pages. Despite the fact that the triad is named 14K, just thinking 4K made me think of them, so maybe I'll do something fun and triad related in game. I am a goody two-shoes, but this doesn't stop me from being so intrigued by organized crime. :lol: I don't know what's wrong with me. Anyway, mood has already improved after having some fun in WoW with my sister and brother-in-law, so I went looking for my first post here. Which, apparently, was in September of 2015 and on page 150:
    My apologies in advance for the length of this post as I am taking about 3 days worth of screenshots from another similar thread to share my story. :tongue: Sorry about that! (And extra apologies for my sheer laziness to rewrite any of this - ha!).

Day 1
    Screenshot-3_zpsj3oahcar.jpg

A poor picture (they wouldn't cooperate!). I had the bright idea of adding my collection of songs (spanning from mid to late 20s to mid to late 50s) to my custom music folder and having fun with a Roaring Twenties mafia-esque family. Just having them start as a normal family and having the man of the house slowly turn toward crime to make ends meet. :smile:

Just before I posted this, a fire broke out as Judy Garland sang "You Made Me Love You" in the background. It was truly glorious. lol

Anyway, took me awhile to convert the songs to MP3 and then to make the family, so I haven't done much with them, but so far I think they're pretty cute.

Being an Illinoisan, I felt I owed it to my state's history to give the family a name from The Chicago Outfit. Of course, "Capone" would've been a tad too obvious, so I went with "Torrio" after Johnny Torrio. Torrio, along with Capone, helped The Outfit rise to power after the passing of the first boss (James Colosimo).

Humorously enough, I think the father of this family I've made - Franklin Torrio - might end up looking creepily like Johnny when he's an elder...didn't even intend for that. But hey, it's a bonus!

So we have father Franklin "Fat Franky" Torrio, who will soon turn to a life of crime to support his family, his simple (but strong) wife Ella Torrio, and their lovely daughter Rose Torrio.

Right now, I only really have plans for Franky. Thinking of having Rose grow up to be a flapper and her relationship with her mother to plummet because of it. haha! As for Ella, not sure if I want her to be a criminal too, or to just have her marriage fall apart because of it.

The possibilities! Mwahahahah! It goes without saying that this lovely family is residing in the lovely Roaring Heights.

Day 2
    Franky began his rise to the top of the criminal food chain while Ella stayed home and took care of Rose. Rose should be growing up some time in Winter. It's Fall currently. I have plans to heighten the novelty of the custom radio station by putting some old radio shows and a few more songs into the custom music folder. It actually hasn't broken as much as it normally did (knock on wood). I'm also hoping I can find some nice vintage-looking custom content to give my sims a little more clothing, hairstyles, etc to work with. Anyway, here's some pictures from today's escapades.

Screenshot-4_zpsf7piydhm.jpg
    Hey, just because he's a gangster doesn't mean he's not a good dad. :heart:

Screenshot-8_zpscnohkpsk.jpg
    Been having Franky work on his handiness by fixing up a car. We need someone to repair broken appliances. They sure don't have the money for a repairman!

Screenshot-9_zpspbfxxsbv.jpg
    The Torrios took a trip to the beach. :smiley:

Screenshot-12_zps4nsbhqks.jpg

Screenshot-10_zps7borqqep.jpg

Screenshot-11_zpse1lk7nrt.jpg
    Suspension of disbelief is necessary when playing a family trapped in time like this. I find myself googling how common certain things were back then, until I realized...wait...all of my sims are, by default, carrying around a smartphone! Bah! That's fine. I have them use the old-timey house phone whenever they're home. :wink:

Screenshot-13_zpsxlclmliy.jpg
    After the beach, they decided to get a bite to eat at a nearby restaurant.

Screenshot-14_zpswlljbgpp.jpg
    The day after the beach trip, Franky had the day off of work. It was spent teaching Rose to walk.

Screenshot-15_zpsorxn02lk.jpg
    And fixing up the car, of course!

Screenshot-16_zpst6wwgmfa.jpg
    Ella reading to Rose outside on a nice summer day. :smile:

Screenshot-17_zpsujf6jxzk.jpg
    At work, Franky made quick friends with Michael Dandy and, along with Ella, was invited to his house for a pool party on Leisure Day. And that's when Franky saw the potential fruit of his efforts! Look at that abode!

Screenshot-19_zpsyaj1scpg.jpg
    Ella made a furry friend at the party!

Screenshot-18_zpsst255euu.jpg
    And decided to chat with Michael a bit to know more about her husband's work.

Screenshot-21_zpsah6iv0vy.jpg
    A few days after the party, Franky is still going to work on that car! But he's getting there! Soon he'll finally have something to drive to work with and no longer need to take a carpool.

Hoping later to temporarily remove all of my current custom hair and clothes and replace them with some more vintage-friendly stuff, and of course getting some of those other music files in and at least one radio show. Figure that'll be a fun change! Adoring this family, thus far!

Day 3
    Was determined to at least get through Spooky Day before I updated again. Franky got another promotion, but money is still pretty tight after the most recent fire (our stove seems just a tad fire prone haha). Looks like Franky has a lot more work ahead of him if he wants a big, luxurious life for his family.

Screenshot-27_zpsb8ib8lzb.jpg
    Took some time in CAS to admire the beauty of Ella Torrio. :smile:

Screenshot-22_zpsjxc2bcl3.jpg
    A nice overview of the city on a rainy autumn day.

It seems like Franky works all the time these days, to the point where poor Ella and Rose run out of things to do (and it is naturally affecting Ella and Franky's relationship, but they are still holding strong!). To kill some time, Ella and Rose took a trip to the library.

Screenshot-23_zpst8kxjxxb.jpg
    They didn't end up reading, as Ella encountered not one - but two celebrities! Frank Astaire here.

Screenshot-25_zps60a2pp5z.jpg
    And Grumpo Marks. She had zero luck convincing either of her worth. :lol:

Screenshot-28_zpsydedkxz8.jpg
    Back home, Rose has some important stuff to say! :smile:

Screenshot-26_zpsq53wayhk.jpg
    I just now noticed how nice the view is from the back window of the family's humble abode.

Screenshot-31_zps2ev711en.jpg
    Rain, sleet, snow, or hail - doesn't matter! The car was successfully all fixed up and Franky and Ella got to finally spend some time together.

Screenshot-30_zpslypk04np.jpg

Screenshot-32_zpsjnxlg8qb.jpg
    Ella was hard at work preparing for Spooky Day!

Screenshot-33_zpsdr8dwqqo.jpg

Screenshot-29_zpsa2dwxz9r.jpg

Screenshot-34_zpsn1jkdcvm.jpg
    Bye bye promotion bonus. Insurance didn't cover much of the cost to replace what was lost in the fire. Luckily, this wouldn't ruin the Torrios' Spooky Day!

Screenshot-35_zpsshckuaos.jpg
    I didn't get many pictures from the feast party, but pictured here is Ella having a chat with Thomas LaFontaine. The other guests at the party were Franky's friends/business associates - Donia Spinelli and Michael Dandy. Everyone had a great time and the party was a success. Looks like a fire might not bring the family down! But it sure brought their finances down. D:

How fitting that my first post was a classic 20s mafia family and here I am talking about 4K reminds me of one of the scariest triads. :lol: The more things change, the more they stay the same. :tongue:
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    Happy 4000 pages @emorrill. It is early so will be back later with a post.
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited September 2020
    Ooh, some 4k celebrations going on. Awesome photo shoots, everyone, and you can look back far down the memory lane. For me, it's just about a year. I guess I started posting (and taking :lol: ) pics when I got ITF:
    Jv9T73M.jpg
    That was awesome when everything was fresh :smile: . It's also funny how different the guy looks nowadays :wink: .

Happy party, everyone :smile: .
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @emorrill Congratulations we have hit 4000 At last! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top