Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    @PalmArrow ...
    Alec and Jess have a great view of town, and I absolutely love Jess' top (as always).
    They kind of had a busy day though, and I'm sorry Jess refused Alec's offer.

Where it's always fun to spend the day with someone you care about ...
    Maybe Alec needs to try on a day where they have been doing something special ... I don't know.

@GraceyManor ...
    Looks like William did know where to find a great spot in town,
    I love those flowers and use them myself when I can find a suitable spot.
    Of course ... Sisters, can refer to a few other things that aren't really kin ...
    And that could be explaining why April is going with Claire all the time.

@Silverofdreams30 ...
    Nothing like getting Technotronic thumping up in the pub ... I'b be tempted to peek inside.
    Thornton can carry his rear-end on home if he doesn't like what's going on.

Dani will get a job ... No worries.
    Nice Update ... Good Song.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @Karritz , how did you get a sim you made to drive a taxi? Aren't taxi drivers always game-generated sims that don't exist outside the taxi? That screenshot confuses me so much! BTW, Eve is very pretty!

@GraceyManor , I like your current story, and all the characters and settings look great!

@BrandonTaylor , differently designed WA chests for storing different things is a great idea, and they look really nice! It's great that Brittany already got Christopher to move in with her.

@CravenLestat , I love Giselle, and I also like the way you designed the interior of the airplane!

@MoonandStars83 , you definitely recognise that brick building, it's a base game house from the library! I built only six or seven homes for the town center, and used premade houses for the rest.

@Silverofdreams30 , I'm old enough to remember Technotronic! :smiley: I love the atmosphere in the pub in your update, it looks so lively!

@BlackSand , congratulations to Curtis! His new look suits him well.
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    edited August 2020
    @PalmArrow

Thank you for the comment, I think it is a perfect song for a
    pub outing hehe. I enjoyed the start of your new save too.

@BlackSand

Thank you, hehe Thornton stayed believe it or not,
    he stayed even after my sim left :D .
    I have enjoyed your updates.

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    @PalmArrow I had the sim I was controlling chasing her so they could meet. She vanished. I paused. Couldn't find her anywhere and then I checked the taxi and there she was driving it. I've seen this sort of thing happen before. No idea how or why. It used to confuse me too but then I decided not to worry about it.
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    edited August 2020
    It Takes two

Part two update two (I had to split in two parts)

Omr6k1D.jpg

Dani decided a drink would be nice, Thornton or the handsome gentleman to her, let her take
    his chair.

yw2b0OJ.jpg

As she sat down she turned to look around the pub area

cVQdvFk.jpg

Some townie was there having a drink ( my own sim).

Jr6HtTv.jpg

Thornton got up and decided to throw the dart, the new girl in town needed a drink so he
    let her sit since he was not drinking anyway.

5eG15ec.jpg

Yep she did indeed look around

lTiQEFK.jpg

Later Dani watched Thornton as he threw darts, she did not want to join as she
    had never done it before.

5w1L0bV.jpg

Thornton later decided he needed a drink

More to come.

edited August 2020

Busy As Bees
    Well folks … It looks like things just keep getting better for everyone in our little story.
    Curtis had managed to finish the book, as well as fix up the house and that terrible yard.
    At the same time, Adele and her cohorts
    had been doing their best to sober up Cupid …
    and maybe even teach that poor little old naked winged baby how to shoot.

Curtis and Nick had spent the day dropping in the hot tub in the backyard …
    and Andrew had even helped put a few chairs together.
    Curtis thought it was only appropriate for him to catch a few rounds …
    as the guys played pool at Varg’s that evening.

50228356858_75524521fd_k.jpg

Not letting the opportunity go waste,
    Nick thought he would stick his toe in and test the waters in regards to Susan and all that mess …

Nicholas
    ”Dang Curtis … Your place is looking awesome and that hot tub we put in today …
    Brother, you are going to have some hotties running up in there.
    Oh, sorry … Is that your bottom lip still dragging the ground over Susan …
    Don’t want to step on it?”

50229220502_471964f960_k.jpg

Curtis
    ”Nah Nick … Writing the book helped more than I thought it would.
    I had a hard time with the chapter where I dealt with the Susan issue,
    but I literally closed the book on that chapter and it’s behind me now.
    I may go nuts if she walks through the door right now …
    But that’s in the past, and will probably stay there.

Look, I cannot thank you guys enough for your help with everything.
    I wouldn’t have been able to do the house by myself …
    And you Andrew … You just crack me up sometimes.

Nurse, give me a screwdriver …
    Nurse, sweat-rag now …
    Nurse, is there a beer anywhere around here while I watch these guys wrestle that hot tub?”

50228358433_ef719cd0da_k.jpg

Andrew
    ”Sorry guys … Self-preservation.

I’m a doctor and these hands are made for miracles.
    More importantly, they’re for miracles that most certainly don’t include you, Nick and a hot tub.”

Meanwhile Across Town …
    Adele had a PT Test coming up at the base,
    and Carol Anne had been helping her train at her place in the evenings.

Adele, not letting the opportunity go to waste,
    thought she might just do a little nudging on Carol …
    Hopefully pushing her a bit closer to the Master Plan.

50228360413_437e3d091f_k.jpg

Adele
    ”You know sweetheart, you just have a beautiful place here,
    And you’re always working so hard.
    I am so surprised you haven’t been able to find you a nice young man by now.”

50229003911_78d69f177f_k.jpg

Carol-Anne
    ”Adele, have you been talking to my mother?

You sound just like her …
    And I’ll tell you the same thing I told her last Sunday.

I’m too busy and I’m not looking for a nice man at the moment.”

50228361688_6e6483b835_k.jpg

Adele
    ”Hmph … Well there ‘Miss I’m Too Busy and Not Looking for a Nice Man’ ...
    All I am saying is that the …
    ‘I Better Start Thinking About Looking For One’ expiration date
    tattooed on your rear-end, is so far past due the numbers are fading.

Lord Child girl, what are you thinking?”

50229223547_7b7c8c2b81_k.jpg

Carol Anne
    ”Stop it Adele …
    I’m not letting you, nor my mother badger me into doing something I don’t want to do.

You and Peter have a great life, your family is growing and they are precious …
    But that’s not what I want right now Adele.”

50229010516_17fffba4c4_k.jpg

Adele
    ”Um-Hmm … Well go on with your bad self then.
    But don’t come crying to Adele when you find yourself
    old, lonely, and in a rocking chair with 50 cats.

You know I just love and respect you so much Carol,
    But you ain’t getting any younger girlfriend.

I don’t want to be cleaning up Charles’ room one day …
    And come across one of those comics he reads titled
    ‘Wonder Woman Turns Into Cat Lady’.”

Well Friends … Where Adele and her cohorts
    might just be lining up the moon and all the stars in the sky …

I gotta tell ya,
    I just hope that mean old tempest BlackSand ain’t hiding in the kitchen
    and thinking about putting ghost chilis in the strawberry shortcake mix.

To Be Continued …

Post edited by BlackSand on
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    It's Saturday! Yeah! Hope to play a bit and write a little more in my stories. Working on a Mary update at the moment. I've had my game up for a couple of hours and so far it is playing well with the graphic options maxed out. I took out the Midnight Hollow lighting mod and looked at Hidden Springs without a lighting mod. The sky had that banding and look horrible so I put in a different one of Brntwaffles and it looks terrific. Bright blue sky, lovely clouds and more yellow and pinks rather than reds so I think I will like this one better for this world. I like the reds better in MH and DV. I've made separate game folders for each of my main stories on the desktop so I don't have to keep moving cc and mods around. I didn't have as much room on the laptop and couldn't do that so this is nice. Hope y'all are having a great Saturday and enjoying the day.

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks so much for the comment on the sunset. :smiley:
    Dani's look is perfect and the theme song is beautiful.
    I'm happy to see the start of your generation save.
    Rook island looks very pretty and the scenery pics are lovely.
    Dani looks cute with her buns and that was a good idea to send her to the neighborhood greet.
    Pepe is cute!
    Bummer no decent guys on the dating site. Maybe next time.
    The pub looked fun and Dani was in a good mood dancing like that.
    lol at the bartender's look.
    hehe, Thornton wants quiet he should go to the library. lol
    Dani certainly has several handsome men to chose from.

@CravenLestat Thanks! haha, love the sunglasses! You've got a gif for everything I think! :lol:
    Gamoro is so cute!
    Giselle is very pretty and she does have a Carrie vibe to her.
    Cool guy, very dapper! Love the picture.

@Lashin I'm kinda hoping the ladies band together and take his tush to court and sue him for child support. :lol:

@BlackSand Thanks for the comment on my sunset picture. Yes, it is an awesome game in so many ways.
    That sunset is beautiful.
    Curtis got him a real 'work in progress' place. I like his optimism.
    It's nice to see folks being welcoming to Curtis.
    Glad to see Curtis is making progress.
    I laughed seeing her walking right behind him and he is so busy on the puter.
    Look forward to seeing more and whether he finds her or she finds him. I'm wondering how she missed him sitting there though and why she did not approach.
    Hmm, looks like Adele and the guys have some plans for Curtis. Wonder how that will work out.
    One of my favorite Darius songs!
    Curtis looks awesome for his book signing.
    Great pics of the guys playing pool. Enjoyed their conversation.
    I dunno if I believe Curtis is over her. He sure got up fast and did some looking when he thought he smelled her shampoo.
    Adele seems to be pushing rather than nudging! lol
    I'm sure there is something up BlackSand's sleeve. I just hope it is not chili's in the dessert! :grimace:

@Nikkei_Simmer Thanks so much for the comment on the sunset. That is one of the first ones I took after I bumped up my options to high to see if my puter could handle it. I'm really pleased with the way it responded but I do need to play a bit longer to be sure it will handle it with longer playtime. It's been a while since I've been to the beach to try to get some pretty ones. That one is beautiful.

@Mareah Thank you! That was taken in Hidden Springs.

@MamaSimTee Hey! Wait till your my age. I have lists and notepads all over the place and of course, I lose the lists or the notepads or the Dollar store readers that I use to read my own writing with. lol Getting old is fun and a challenge.

@Puddinroy Thanks! Hey, hope all is well with you.

@jillbg I hope it is successful. I'm worried about school starting too. They are doing a mishmash here with in-school and home school options.

@Brandontaylor It's great to see Brittany out of uni and her job started. Am I the only one who thinks the daycare shirt is cute?
    Love the picture of her tickling the hungry toddler.
    Nice cash from the Tiberium! Great car!
    Looks like the roommates are not too bad.
    Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the sunset picture.
    Good idea to turn a roommate to help with the hunts.
    I love the chests for storing objects. I also use a few cc ones that I've found as well that are smaller if space or price is an issue.
    Cool, you got the weather stone to work with Brittany.
    It is not the sims if you don't see a pool party and snow every once in a while.
    Nice to See Christopher again and that their relationship starts.

@MoonandStars83 Thanks! I forgot that animals can intervene with death. Sorry, you are still having some crashing issues.

@GraceyManor Thanks for the comment on the sunset picture. :smiley:
    I hope William gets over his shyness.
    Bummer you can't find the dress you want.
    I think that sims 4 dress is pretty but I think there are a lot of pretty dresses out there for sims 3 as well.
    April does seem a bit strange that she doesn't protest the treatment of William. I wonder why she doesn't change outfits though?
    Nice to see that William has a good sense of humor though.
    Cute singing session.
    Great sour expressions you capture on Claire's face!
    Lol that William pulled her hair. Sorry, he got smacked but glad he was able to hurt her in some small way.
    I agree with @BlackSand...she would have had a mysterious fall down those gorgeous stairs by now.
    That long loose hairstyle is probably the best on Cosette so far. It softens her look.
    So Mom lied about the sisters. What else has she lied about to Cosette. Doesn't seem like they are really related.

@Karritz Glad, you were able to find the lost sims! Those are really great pictures of them and the world looks terrific.
    I used to use the greenhouse lot all the time but when my laptop started giving me issues I quit adding it to the game. I should see how it works not that I'm using the desktop. I think it is a lovely lot and yes I add some of the harvest stands to it as well. I'm also careful if I have to rotate the venue to fit the lot properly I delete the extra spawners.
    If I don't have enough space for both the consignment store and the elixir store in a world I use just one and I add the register into the other one. I have a couple of buildings in my folders that contain venues that I remade to suit different style worlds. I need to dig them out.

@PalmArrow Glad to see you again and that you've got things ready for your generational save.
    Jess is gorgeous and good to see she got a story of her own. Alex and Jess make a cute couple.
    oh my! the townie interfering with the kiss is just a hilarious picture.
    I guess Alex rushed things a little. Hope he is not too discouraged and will try again.

@Faerie197 Welcome back! Great idea to make your own apartments. I like the privacy they have.

Silly tourists having a water balloon fight in the middle of winter! This picture was taken before the graphic changes.
    50217332113_133abd48f1_b.jpg
    Alec started Monday by applying for a police job.
    BcuFqEy.jpg

He and Jess then went to the summer festival and participated in the hot dog eating contest. The pregnant townie (Dhalia Reynolds, made by @thuggishsplicer ) won.
    3hd9OR1.jpg

Jess was feeling okay after stuffing herself with hot dogs, but Alec was a little nauseous.
    XtX3Tzq.jpg

Jess set off some fireworks...
    8HY224B.jpg

... and they both tried rollerskating, very clumsily.
    mVagWbH.jpg

Enough fun for the day! Alec went home, and Jess went to the Art and Archaeology museum.
    dAqy4XA.jpg

There is an art school on the top floor, and she paid 3 simoleons to try making a clay sculpture.
    NKJx6dI.jpg

She worked on the clay just long enough to learn the sculpting skill, and then went to register as a self-employed sculptor.
    4Oy1lDj.jpg

Meanwhile, Alec was learning the Logic skill at home (he will need it for his police job tomorrow). Jess prepared some autumn salad when she got home, but Alec didn't eat any because he was still feeling stuffed from the hot dogs in the morning.
    GLxi4lF.jpg

After dinner I had Jess propose to Alec to avoid the problem of Jess saying no. He accepted!
    Ex7kbcq.jpg

They immediately tried for baby, and it worked!
    1BnzKzr.jpg
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,764 Member
    I forgot to post my Ava update, will do that within an hour or so. I think I’ll play in the Langerak save file tonight, got to get Melanie’s baby born and send the trio back to University at least.
    @bekkasan , I wonder why your tourists didn't go for the obvious option of a snowball fight!
  • MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @Faerie197 Yes, yes you may.

@BlackSand Great pic.
    ****Neat bachelor pad.

@GraceyManor Cosette's so nice to William.

@rubyskywalker Sounds like you had fun.

@Silverofdreams30 I definitely have a love/hate relationship with that job application mod.
    ****I always want bartenders to light my drinks on fire. It seems to safe. (yes, I know there are some drinks that are set on fire)

@bekkasan It's only some saves. It can usually be fixed by either spending less time in-game, or adding the lost/household to the bin and replacing them in a new save.
    ****Great pic.

@PalmArrow Congrats to Alec and Jess.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last Hobson update for now. I ended up resetting everyone's hair because of how many Sims lost theirs and defaulted to the weird brown bob. I didn't get a pic because I was in-game too long and it crashed, but luckily I'd saved a few minutes earlier, so not too much was lost.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    The next morning, I decided to have a word with April.I didn't trust her, nor did I like her.
    She seemed to be ca hooting with my mother and I was determined to find out what.

Screenshot.jpg
    Cosette: I don't know what you're up to April.But I will find out.
    April: I haven't the foggiest idea what you're speaking of.
    Cosette: Spending quality time with my mother.While she treats the heir to Mr.Gracey's
    manor with such disdain.You're allowed to join us and eat meals with us.While William has to do
    the job you were HIRED for.
    April Aren't you a nosey little girl.Think what you will.But I am doing nothing of the sorts.
    And for your information, I am not a SLAVE.I don't answer to people's beck and call.
    Cosette: You were hired to do the job, you get paid for it.William lives here and you and my
    mother are making him clean up after your sloppy ways.Some maid you are.You can't even clean a kitchen
    properly.

I was furious, and stormed out of the room before April could defend herself.I stood by the window, looking out toward
    the lake.William was outside with what appeared to be two horses...

Screenshot-3.jpg
    William: What are you doing here? Claire will have my head if she finds out
    you escaped.

Screenshot-4.jpg
    Cosette: Horses! Where did they come from? They're beautiful.
    William: I apologize, Cosette.They are my father's horses and they seemed
    to have escaped the stalls again.I should return them before your mother finds out.

Screenshot-5.jpg
    Cosette: Please don't take them back yet.They're gorgeous, I love
    horses.But mother would never let me ride one.She says "Its not proper."
    William: Well, Miss Proper isn't here.How about a ride?
    Cosette: I would love to, but be warned.I haven't ridden before.
    William: Then I'll teach you.

I grabbed the reins, and pulled myself up quickly.Apparently, I didn't do it right, as William
    gave me the most curious look.

Screenshot-7.jpg
    William: Cosette, it might be helpful if you turned to face forward.
    Cosette: -blushes- Of course.I knew that.

Screenshot-9.jpg
    William: We'll ride them back to my father's stables.We can't have
    them here, not with your mother.I do apologize.
    Cosette: Its quite alright.

We rode through town.Streets were usually quiet on a sunday afternoon.
    We arrived shortly at the stables, but had to be quick.I knew Mother would
    return home and I wanted to make sure we were back before she was....

back at the manor....

Screenshot-14.jpg
    Claire: Well, well.Aren't we having fun? Strolling about town without
    a care in the world.
    Cosette: Mother, I asked him to escort me..
    Claire: Cosette, silence!

My mother approached William aggressively, He braced for what he thought
    would be a slap.

Screenshot-15.jpg
    Claire: You have chores! Get to work.

Screenshot-17.jpg
    Claire: And you running around with the servants like you haven't
    worry in the world.
    Cosette: You are so rude.William is not a servant.This is his home,
    and you should be grateful that his father allowed you to stay here! You...
    You're a real witch! You know that?! No wonder my father left you...He couldn't
    stand being dictated by you.And I wish he'd taken me with him.

Screenshot-18.jpg
    Claire: You think you know best....the world is a cruel and wicked place Cosette.
    In time, you'll learn that mother knows best.

Screenshot-19.jpg
    William: Cosette...I'm sorry.It was my fault, I shouldn't have gone out.
    Forgive me, I didn't mean to get you into trouble.
    Cosette: Its not you're fault at all.She's just a wicked lady.

William let go of my hand and left the room quickly....please don't do something you'll
    regret.

Screenshot-20.jpg
    Claire: I told you to go do your chores, Mr.Gracey.
    William: Claire...I have bit my tongue and have taken your abuse these
    past few months.I may allow you to control me, but you will not control Cosette like that.
    I have a few things I would love to say to you, but being a decent person, I'm not going to waste
    my breathe.
    Claire: I see....There's only one way to deal with a nuisance like you..

few minutes later...

Screenshot-22.jpg
    Claire: I will be hosting a ball tomorrow night.I can't have you attending
    and trying to see my daughter.You won't cause me any grief in here...I'll release
    you after the ball..Good night.

Claire slammed the door, leaving William alone in the dark and cold tomb.

Screenshot-23.jpg
    William: Maker's breathe.
    Ava Sinclair Update (Short)

SueyELR.jpg
    The following morning, Ava got up and ate her breakfast like she usually does then she did her dishes up. I wish I could afford a dishwasher, she thought. I'll be glad when I can get my charisma courses finished so I can work at City Hall. She'd been contemplating quitting her part time job at the grocery store as there were new jobs opening up in town that she'd qualify for, at least until she got hired at City Hall.

lJQ9p0f.jpg
    Living with her parents, Ava didn't have to cook as the hired staff took care of that but living on her own made her realize how badly her skills were lacking. As such, she'd bought a recipe book the previous day and had just now found time to learn the recipe. She just hoped she didn't mess it up when she tried to cook it tomorrow.

DN7RKW1.jpg
    She decided to get out for a while as the weather was perfect for a stroll through the park. She was happy to see her good friend Leighton Sekemoto and decided to talk to him. "Are we still on for Saturday night?" he asked Ava. "Of course, I've been looking forward to it." This time, Sam didn't hide his head and instead looked at her with curiosity. "See, she's not going to hurt you," Leighton told him. Leighton couldn't stay very long as he had work but he hugged Ava goodbye before he left and she kissed Sam on his cheek.

clf2zEo.jpg
    svmhx97.jpg
    Ava decided to get some fishing in. For some reason, the old owners of her house left a fishing pole there and it was in surprisingly good condition. Unfortunately, the fish she caught only gained her $15. "Forget this, I'm going home," she mumbled under her breath. She decided to take a nap before she went to work because she thought she'd be too tired before she got off work,

V3iBLJb.jpg
    mWV7Mj0.jpg
    Ava left for work and spent most of the time there putting tags on the shelves. She got of work and ate her supper that consisted of yogurt, her autumn salad had wilted too much and she was too tried to try the ratatouille recipe tonight.

***I know I didn't put much into this update but nothing much really happened and the things I wanted to do need to happen later in the story. Once I get to the weekend, then Leighton will play a bit bigger part.
    @GraceyManor Okay, I got ya.
    I wouldn't have expected that either.
    They're lucky again. I bet they wish April and Claire would leave more often.
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Claire doesn't spot them.
    I think she did lie, unless she's going to find some women and pretend they are long lost sisters.
    Great update!

@MoonandStars83 It's good pizza, mostly when it's fresh though. Got two of their stores, only gas stations in town and only pizza places as well. Although, we are getting a new place here that will make pizza.

@BlackSand Wow, Curtis is really coming up in the world. Good for him!
    Looks like they are ready for some pool.
    Seems Curtis has given up on Susan.
    Are they trying to get him and Carol together?
    Great update!

@Silverofdreams30 She's got a nice place.
    Too bad she didn't find any good choices online.
    Hope her interview went well.
    Seems to be enjoying herself.
    Great update!
    Let's hope you find someone that meets all criteria.
    Some good choices in the pub.
    Great update!

@PalmArrow Thanks! I gotta tell you, it makes it so much easier to find what I'm looking for too. I may need a couple more to store other things in the future.
    I know, it's a little sooner than I needed but I want to get SP turned back on. I'll hold off on marriage and having Lauren for a couple weeks.

@bekkasan I do like the daycare outfit. One issue though is I think the pants are a bit short.
    I love that interaction as it makes for cute pictures.
    Yeah, and she's got more money coming from Tiberium.
    You're welcome.
    I got to get Abraham to join one. Seems he's always asleep when she goes hunting.
    I've seen some cc ones.
    I got lucky there. She's level 10 in the werewolf skill so that helped, according to the wiki.
    That's definitely true. It got down to 29 and they were still outside, although it started to warm up again. Snow just hadn't melted completely.
    That's one of my favorite parts from the update. They'll have Lauren but she will be a tad bit different.
    Thanks for the comments!
    Okay, that'd be a bit cold, lol

***Will do more feedback tomorrow. I ran late as I was participating in a scavenger hunt on the forums as well as RL stuff and I want a few hours to play. Hope everyone is having a great 24 hours, can't really say a specific day as I know some of you are in Sunday already.
    @Silverofdreams30 ... Great Part Two.
    Looks like Thornton is always scoping the place out.
    Then he acts like he doesn't care and goes all 'lone wolff' (haha) with the dart board.
    I bet he knows the scoop on everyone in town, or at least everyone in the pub by now ... Just by watching.

@bekkasan ... Thanks for the comments.
    It's true Adele is kind of pushing ... But Carol Anne is a strong woman as well.
    Some things just need a certain touch ... And in my Hidden Springs, Adele may be reckless at times, but she's not a rookie.

@PalmArrow ... Looks like things worked out for Jess and Alec after all.
    Poor Alec needs and case of Pepto Bismol or something.
    At least he found a little something to work on while Jess was out and busy.
    Looks like he was feeling better by bedtime as well ... ;)

@GraceyManor ... In short, Beautiful Horses!
    With a little practice Cosette will get the riding thing figured out.
    I kind of hope there is something in the crypt that will help William out in some way or another.
    But that might just be a pipedream.

@Brandontaylor ... It's great to see Ava taking care of business.
    It will all come in time, and she can handle it.
    By the way ... It may not be huge in comparison to other fish, but that minnow she caught is really big for a minnow ... :D

Happy Simming!

edited August 2020
    Seems Curtis has given up on Susan.
    Are they trying to get him and Carol together?

@Brandontaylor ... Thanks for the feedback and kind comments.
    As to your question about Adele's plan ... Yes they are.

Carol Anne wasn't in Hidden Springs when the Challenge was going on.
    However, her and Adele knew each other before Carol moved to Hidden Springs,
    and Nick was friends with Carol at University.

Although Peter doesn't know, Adele and Nick cooked up the 🐸🐸🐸🐸-eyed plan to get Carol and Curtis together ...
    Before Nick called Curtis when he was on the road.
    (that's why it didn't matter that Peter thinks the plan was just about getting Curtis back,
    and thought Adele had to coax that out of Nick).

Peter wasn't lying to Curtis when they spoke ... Peter is in the dark on this one too.
    Andrew Song is just riding shotgun.
    He was not in on cooking up the plan, and only overheard Adele and Nick.
    Andrew agreed to keep quiet as long as he gets to know what is going on, and he will do whatever he can to help out.

Edit:
    I know it can be hard to follow, because most of my story is in dialog and not a historical account of events.
    Each person (sim) also can only speak from their point of view, and to what they know.
    Sometimes it may seem misleading, but what happens is what happens to each Sim.

As for the story ... I have a general outline,
    set the stage often, let the Sims go, watch and make adjustments.

I don't even really know how the story will end, and I always leave the chance for random catastrophic failure ... :D
    Like Curtis getting busted during the Challenge.

• Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Further updates on Saotome Ranko and her apartment building.

Neither Kathy nor Kanton, her tenants, seem to understand the idea of "only cook what you will eat". They like making enough to feed eight people, then leaving the leftovers sitting out until it goes bad. In fact, both of her tenants would rather just step outside for a moment then even consider washing the dishes or putting away leftovers.

Eventually Ranko (landlord) confronted Kanton over his horrific stench, at which point he mentioned he doesn't have a bath or shower. Feeling sheepish for forgetting to buy one for that apartment, Ranko had a shower installed while Kanton was at work.

39JFMEI.jpg

Kathy finally decided to wash the dishes, but only after she had no counter or table space left. Kanton on the other hand continued to refuse to wash his dishes. Only after he cooked some truly rancid waffles did he even consider cleaning up previous meals. He then made the mistake of actually eating the horrifying attempt at cooking waffles.

2RKw1FF.jpg

Oh yeah, and Kitchen Disaster Kathy started baking waffles, only to run off to work before they were done. Again. Naturally, this lead to a disastrous fire that spread to half the kitchen before the fire department arrived.

bmj7jKH.jpg

When Kathy got home from work, Ranko had some strong words for her.

"I've replaced your stove three times now because of your recklessness! There will not be a fourth! If you want a working stove, you can replace it yourself!

sOhD9jQ.jpg

"But, how am I suppose to eat?" Kathy pleaded.

"Make salads, eat ice cream, order an okonomiyaki, I don't care. But I will not pay for a new stove only for you to destroy it again!"

5vcP8va.jpg
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited August 2020
    @Faerie197 - You're giving me nightmares...Ranko sounds like my mother. :D:mrgreen: I've got one word for her... kusobaba

But then again... being careless with the appliances would probably wear on anyone and I'm sure she's a nice person...just that she's fed up with carelessness.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    Okay, yes the apartments have Simmer Char stoves because those are dirt cheep (compared to other, better, stoves). But this was seriously the fourth fire due to Kathy starting to bake something then running off to work while it's baking. Also the worst one. I had to replace the sink, 3 counters, and the fridge. Refused to replace the stove, not that there were the funds to replace it anyway.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    Hello all - I'm still giving out likes and awesomes.

You are all having lots of fun and your sims are interesting to see. It's amazing how much variety we can get into the games considering we all have basically the same things to work with.

I've been reading bits and pieces of what you are all writing but haven't been totally focused on Sims over the past few days.

@bekkasan I stuck with it until I got them all organised. I agree that world is very pretty. I think the main reason I wanted that consignment store was it looks pretty and I just wanted it. The elixir consignment store is one I use often as it has spawners outside and useful objects the sims can use inside.

It took me a couple of days to get those extra worlds functioning. I'm not sure if it was the way I did it or not, but this time I got a crash each time I tried to leave the world and move on to the next one. I wasn't sending him home but going direct from one world to the next. Fortunately I saved each time before he started traveling so I just reloaded and all was good on the second attempt. Now he's met all of the sims and had a short chat with each of them. Got friendly with some. I sent him home and he went seamlessly into the base camp I set up in Moonlight Falls as by this time he had no clue where his home was.

I did notice he changed career a couple of times during his travels. I used Master Controller to fix that and he is back without losing too much progress. Problem is he now has 2 of those Boxes of Mystery in his inventory. I'll have to try to get rid of one of them. Maybe. I have another sim in my big game who is in the magician career. Got to the top of it quickly as an unplayed sim but she has at least 4 of each of the boxes they get from that career in her inventory.

Of all 5 worlds I sent him to I only had a bit of fun in the one that frustrated me so much. It was nice to send him home to the mayhem that's going on in Moonlight Falls.

I probably won't show much, if anything, of his visits to the other worlds in my next video. I think it'll be the last of this series for a while as I want to get the Isla Paradiso Bunch finished. It'll be finished when they get the final two parts of the tomb collection in France. That might take a couple of episodes.

Confustion reigns supreme at my place at the moment - but control is gradually reappearing so I might get started on the next Perfect Genetics video soon. Haven't played any of it yet so it'll take a while.

I generally don't worry too much about removing the extra spawners when I rotate that greenhouse venue but do think about it occasionally. So far my computer seems to cope.

Happy Simming
    @PalmArrow Congrats to Alec on the new job!
    No wonder she won then, she's eating for two. :lol:
    Hope they didn't fall down when they were skating.
    She's got a good head start for the career. I almost forgot that I got sculpting now that I got a new copy of Ambitions.
    He must have ate a bunch of hotdogs to still be full.
    Congrats to Jess and Alec on the engagement and the baby!
    Great update!

@MoonandStars83 Glad you didn't lose too much.

@GraceyManor I'm glad Cosette confronted April.
    I hope Claire doesn't find out about the horses. She'd unfairly blame William when he didn't do it.
    Yeah, I don't think she wants to ride the horse like that. Nothing to hold on to.
    At least she didn't slap him.
    Good, Claire needed to hear that and Cosette needs to stand up to her.
    I wonder how an older lady forced a young, strong man into a tomb on her own? I'm starting to think Claire may have some kind of magical ability or something.
    Great update!

@BlackSand It was nice to have an easy day with her.
    Yep, it'll happen sooner rather than later.
    It was a better minnow than some I've seen. She only caught 3 all together and by that time she needed a nap. I was afraid she'd be dead tired by the time work ended.
    You're welcome.
    So it seems they've had it planned for a while then.
    It's kind of nice to let the story go with the gameplay.

@Faerie197 Looks like they do that a lot. I don't know why but Sims hardly ever want to put leftovers away.
    Nothing like horrifying quality food to start the day.
    Wow, you just didn't have any luck during that play session.
    Three times? Sounds like someone needs a cooking class or two.
    Great update!

@Karritz Hello!

***Off for the night as I'm all caught up. I played long enough to finish the Monday that the trio returned and then part of Tuesday until around noon, right after Melanie had her newest baby. With Ariana, Abigail, and Evan, the new baby makes four for her and Dwight Langerak. Oh, and speaking of Evan, he and his wife Rain Forest Langerak had a daughter named Carrie. She isn't in the update but Dwight Jr. will be, although his name isn't Dwight Jr. That's just a placeholder until I reveal the name.
    I'll admit Ranko is a slum lord. Her apartment building is being modeled off my own. Granted, since you can only have 7 or 8 Roommates without mods (I think) it's not identical to my building. My apartment building has two floors, with sixteen apartments total on each side of the building. That's 8 on the ground floor, 8 on the 2nd floor. All apartments have exterior doors, unlike what I'm doing in-game. And like my actual apartment, each apartment in Ranko's building is furnished with the bare minimum. The cheapest shower, cheapest sinks, cheapest toilet, cheapest stove... You get the idea. Only reason they are now being furnished with the 2 Door Galore fridge (instead of a chillgood) is because for some reason every fridge on the lot shares the same inventory. And Ranko got tired of eating food that 'tastes like fridge' after a neighbor put their leftovers in their cheep fridge.

Maintenance when the cheep appliances and plumbing inevitably breaks is done on the basis of "Pay for the repairs yourself, or fix it yourself. Not my problem." This is, naturally, based on my previous landlord who refused to fix anything. Also didn't bother changing the apartment building's sign so that anyone interested in renting would be directed to contact the landlord instead of the company that had previously owned the building.

The reason for the TVs (which are still generally cheap tvs that will break often) is to keep the residents from constantly using Ranko's high end exercise equipment. Which is set up in the community room mainly because her apartment isn't big enough to fit everything.
    @Faerie197 Looks like they do that a lot. I don't know why but Sims hardly ever want to put leftovers away.
    Nothing like horrifying quality food to start the day.
    Wow, you just didn't have any luck during that play session.
    Three times? Sounds like someone needs a cooking class or two.
    Great update!

Nope, FOUR fires today caused by Kathy. Each time because she starts cooking, then leaves for work. Thus why I refer to her as 'kitchen disaster Kathy'. I think she's in the music career, but I'm not sure.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    Poor Cerambyx Beetle... whatever did it do to deserve this.
    Screenshot-41.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    Remembered I needed to start my Disney Legacy Challenge now that I have supernatural EP.
    I am currently building the Queen Castle from a YouTube castle build tutorial but I'll redecorate it to fit the storyline.

I am starting with Snow White.
    I already forgot what name I picked for snow (oops. I think I might have picked Blanche, but I think I changed it to something else :neutral: ) but I am starting her as a teenager. Her traits are Good, Animal Lover and Neat. Her favorites are Cobbler, the color yellow and classical music.

As for the Evil Queen herself, Sirena Queen. I had to make her a witch :smirk:
    She has the traits diva, evil, mean-spirited, and grumpy. I thought about giving her Hates Children trait but I decided to pick the best for the Evil Queen personality.
    And I won't forget her Magic Mirror.... in her labratory... in the cellar... down a creaky spiral staircase... where there's a sliding bookshelf door to hide it and her alchemy station.

I might need to save that castle build for my other challenge villains.

I made it even harder by choosing Moonlight Falls as my world to start in. Can snow white find her prince amongst werewolves, vampires, and fairies?
    I can have her tell one to forsake their power at least if I have to.
    Or I'll just make her a prince when the time comes?

I think I'm gonna play with the Queens fam again tomorrow.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • LashinLashin Posts: 74 Member
    So, I've got a new concept for an upcoming concurrent save game I'll play with the Seb save game.

Basically, an Excitable and lonely Fairy (Tara), her Workaholic Vampire husband who's a decent father but a bad partner (James), and their teenage Witch son (Morgan)... freed a lonely Genie (Elena) from her lamp, and she lives with them because they're all she has at this point.

It's an experiment to see how long an affair can persist without anyone knowing about it since the Reputation patch.

I've since migrated to a smaller lot - 40x40 - because I do worry about the lot degrading over time.

The master bedroom is hardly fit for the Lord of the Manor, it's more like an office converted into a bedroom. Note the alarm clock and phone on the husband's bedside table, the separate beds showing the marriage has well and truly begun to break down, the plain stone walls, the PC in the bedroom being used for nonstop work, the general bare-bones nature of everything, and the TV being the sole form of entertainment.

jmXZvCl.jpg

BkAbotn.jpg

NTmiTEK.jpg

It seems the only reason Elena got the master bedroom and suite is because she used her Genie magicks to build the home in minutes from their blueprints, and they not only decided to reward her... but also felt sorry for her because - after centuries of imprisonment - everything and everyone she used to know is long-gone. She also hasn't slept in anything but a lamp for that long, either.

She does, however, have other plans. Not so much selfish, but she can see how lonely and unhappy Tara is... so the premise of an affair is there.

Notice the candles in their favourite colours - pink and turquoise - and the gilded decor indicative of Elena's exotic past.

LNOl5Rb.jpg

IGMjZbN.jpg

Likewise unbeknownst to James, Elena dreams of a child... somehow. Maybe Oasis Landing has the answer to that?

McfcGa0.jpg

The kitchen has come together nicely. I find that it helps to have wall decor, rather than loads of lights.

oGF5Nbr.jpg

Basically, the premises of this storyline are as follows:
    1. Be careful what you wish for.
    2. How long until they get caught?
    3. What is grounds for catching them?
    4. And (almost) everyone lives happily after!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top