Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Page 3975, continued

@Lashin That could be.
    He stole her clothes, that's why she's naked, lol
    Now they're gonna sue him for child support.
    Great update!

@GraceyManor I don't know what her issue is with William.
    Well that's not a good excuse, Claire. I wouldn't put up with it.
    Glad Cosette brought him some food. No one should have to go hungry.
    I wonder that too. Maybe Claire took Cosette from someone, or maybe it's just a case of upbringing. Cosette turned out nice because she didn't want to be like her mother or something like that. Looking forward to finding out!
    Great update!

@blazerntq Hi! Not sure if I remember Molly, although I haven't played in Twinbrook much.

@MoonandStars83 Glad to hear it.
    Thank you, it was a relief to get her out of there for 10 weeks (Not sure how long in real time, depends on my schedule and what days I play this particular save)
    I wondered if you'd lost power or not. I heard that it was much worse up north, I know it caused my great aunt to lose power up in the Quad Cities.
    Glad you were able to save before the storm knocked the power out. Great pics from your saves, by the way.

@Evalen The furniture looks nice!
    Great update!

Page 3976

@Silverofdreams30 You're welcome, and thanks!
    Love the hair you picked for Dani!

@jillbg You're welcome, it helped keep me sane when the pandemic started. I'll be looking for the update over the weekend, can't wait to see what happens next!

@bekkasan You're welcome. And thanks for that, luckily it wasn't as bad as some areas.
    Could have been. I know he wasn't the only one, I read some storm reports from the NWS and one area near where he flipped had a total of 5 all in the same area.
    Me too, it would have been bad if he was driving when it hit. He's actually an uncle by marriage and is one of the twin uncles I talked about on here last year. He married my dad's sister and his twin married my mom's sister. Unfortunately, it sounds like his truck may be totaled and he owns it.
    Amazing sunset! Love the colors!

@Nikkei_Simmer Awesome picture of the sunset!
    That's always a fun way to play. Hope the dog finds some valuable items.
    Sounds like the dog needs more training, lol

@BlackSand Cool pic from Alabama!
    Sounds like Curtis will be busy with the house.
    Hoping he can make the house look new again.
    Looks like he's welcoming the challenge of fixing it up. The yard may be the part that will take him awhile.
    Great update!
    Sounds like Adele is afraid he'll go backwards.
    BlackSand Industries must be something else.
    I don't want to know what those two did in that car, lol. Great update!

@Puddinroy Hello, hope you are doing well.

@CravenLestat Great job on Gamora! I knew it was here as soon as I saw her, although I've never watched the movies or read a comic book with her in it. It's just that she's that recognizable.

***Working on part two of my update then going to play the challenge again. I'm not doing a schedule anymore, I'm just playing whatever save I feel like playing each day. I'm not giving the other two up, just not sure when I'll have an update from them.
  • MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @blazerntq It wasn't too bad. Our router has a separate battery, so we had wi-fi, and I was able to stream the Perry Mason finale, among other things. I also read a little bit in Midnight Sun, so it wasn't too bad.

@Evalen Cute recolors.

@BlackSand I didn't know that. Awesome.
    ****Thank you.
    ****Hopefully Curtis can get his squat sorted.

@jillbg *waves*

@Sleepstar That's still a lot to happen.

@bekkasan Thank you! Gorgeous picture.

@Lashin Hopefully there's enough other Sims in town to not interfere in future generations.

@Nikkei_Simmer I love your Rottie! It's my favorite breed.
    ****Poor puppy.

@Silverofdreams30 Cute hair buns.

@Puddinroy *waves*

@CravenLestat Lovely Sim.

@Brandontaylor If she has a computer, she can randomly chat with people so she can meet people in her new town. Though I'm sure you know this already.
    ****I have an aunt in the QC as well. Not sure if she lost power, though.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Back in the Langfords today. I managed to get everyone moved out who needed to be moved out. One couple immediately moved into their own house, and a short time later, another couple broke up, though I'm not sure if they still live together or not. Raven, who was among those moved out, also got engaged to one of the Sekemetos.

Nova aged up again. Bernard died of old age, but when I looked again, he was still alive, despite not having a death flower. Maybe the cat saved him?

ooQ2o2A.jpg
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
    Ultimate Sim Update

xyCUZYZ.jpg
    Brittany is supposed to turn at least one Sim into a werewolf and what better choice than a roommate. This way he can help with hunting.

UqYsqQh.jpg
    She has also been continuing to hunt and work on her alchemy skill. It is a free skill so she has a long time to finish it.

q7MCz9h.jpg
    Thursday morning, Brittany went to the festival and got her picture taken. Hardly anyone was there so I had her leave to do an opportunity.

8hItWsM.jpg
    Returning to the festival, Brittany participated in a hotdog eating contest. The rules don't say you have to do this but the challenge creator did mention to do as many things as you can think of that a Sim can do. She didn't win but didn't vomit until 2 hours later.

U21IqPB.jpg
    Later that evening, she took a trip to China for a few reasons. One reason was to buy books she'll need later in the challenge but also to buy items she'll need. The main thing was to get several chests to store her collectibles and other items in, and to do some hunting.

hXqfH8M.jpg
    Speaking of hunting, Brittany found all the gems from all EP's I currently have. Now she needs about 16 insects and 5 metals. I bought her some shower-in-a-can's and a tent so she could stay anywhere I choose. She doesn't need the bathroom though as she has a steel bladder.

MskYsZc.jpg
    Lastly, her rebel influence skill went down so a quick rant fixed it. She has to maintain a level 10 in all influence's eventually, although the other two will come in later seasons. For those of you who don't know, each season has it's own goals as well as a different town. Currently, I don't own all towns but I plan on trying to get them. If not, it's no big deal as I can just combine two seasons or find a custom world. Any world will work as long as it has townies she can marry.

***Off for the night, wanting to at least get Brittany out of China tonight but then I'll probably take a break either tomorrow or Friday before playing one of my other saves.
    @MoonandStars83 Thanks for the tip! Yeah, I knew that I can do that, she's met some townies that way. I didn't show it but she also met some on the grocery/theater/bookstore lot. Mainly just want her to know enough to invite to parties and things like that.
    I know it got bad there. Bad thing is, my dad and his sister live with her and my dad is on oxygen sometimes due to COPD.
    Great update from your save!
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    @Brandontaylor ... Two awesome Brittany Updates.

I saw her eating pizza and got a Put Hut craving, which is bad because there isn't one anywhere near where I live ... :/
    It's cool things are working out with Christopher, as well as Brittany's new roommates.
    Sims 3 is awesome, when you can just jump a plane to China because you need to pick a few things up at the Market.
    Be careful throwing a rant in China though ... Or I can build you a Chinese prison ... :D

@MoonandStars83 ...
    That's kind of cool with Bernard.
    I have the Pets EP, but rarely play with it on because of the annoying unicorns and whatnot.
    I had no idea cats could save Sims from the Grim Reaper.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited August 2020
    @Nikkei_Simmer
    What a lovely wedding.I really love his uniform and her dress is gorgeous.
    I looked through my military poses I had for my medieval stories to see if
    I had anything, but didn't find any to fit.

@Brandontaylor
    Congrats Brittany on graduating!
    The house is very cute for being a base game house!
    What a fine collection you have Brittany.Love the Elvis Presley avatar!
    She's jealous.He has a wealthy family, still young and good hearted.

@bekkasan
    Wow! That sunset sure is gorgeous! :open_mouth:
    A few loose screws XD I love that comment ha!
    --Problem is William's a bit shy.Probably why his father
    didn't trust him.

@emorrill
    Oh, hot looking boys!!! <3 They look fantastic!
    that is so cool!

@BlackSand
    I feel Marcy's pain.Some of my customers
    are such grumps in the morning, makes it hard to
    be nice.Exactly, at least they know what their dealing with.

@MoonandStars83
    That's exactly the idea I was going for with bits and pieces
    of a random dream I had thrown in with haunted mansion tossed into it.XD

Annoyed at myself:

106e3030245f0d23d025dc988895bd45.jpg
    I had bookmarked this dress a while back and now I can't find the bookmark and the site removed it.

and why are all the pretty dresses for sims 4
    d5fee66ed85fa10299319cefe056b79e.jpg
    :(
    Post edited by GraceyManor on
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Screenshot-11.jpg

Poor William was up at the crack of dawn, taking care of household chores.He wasn't allowed
    to eat with us nor was he allowed to eat at all until all chores were completed.I found it odd that April,however
    was treated like family...something bout her came off the wrong way.I may just be a bit paranoid, but her demeanor
    left much to be desired.

Screenshot-12.jpg
    Claire: Good morning, dear.I might I ask you to join me at the library
    this afternoon in town?
    April: I'd be happy to, Mrs. Pontmercy.
    Claire: Please, call me Claire.I hope we will be good friends.

Odd right? So warm and open with miss April, but cold and hurtful toward William.
    My mother had issues, and I feared they might rub off on me, I kept my distance
    as best I could.

Screenshot-15.jpg
    William: Was there something I could do for you Cosette?
    Cosette: Yes, there is.I would like you to sit down and eat.I will
    take care of the chores.
    William: Your mother has forbid me to eat until all the cleaning is finished.
    Cosette: My mother isn't here, William.She went with April into town.Now,
    sit and eat.That's an order.XD
    William: Yes, Ma'am.

Took a bit of persuading, but William finally caved and sat down to enjoy his breakfast.

Screenshot-17.jpg
    I began on the chores.I truly didn't mind cleaning, in fact I enjoyed it.It kept me busy,
    and out of trouble.

Screenshot-18.jpg
    William: Cosette, what are you doing? That's my chore.
    Cosette: Not today, I'm doing it.You sit and relax.
    William: You'll get in trouble, I can't let you do that.At least let
    me help.
    Cosette: Alright,together than.

William and I worked swiftly to finish the house, before my mother returned.What
    she didn't know, wouldn't hurt her, and it gave William a chance to relax.After cleaning,
    I could feel that William wanted someone to talk to, so we spent a little time chatting..
    He killed me with his humor.

Screenshot-20.jpg
    William: Why is a banker's clerk necessarily well informed?
    Because he is always taking notes.
    Cosette: I know its not lady like for me to laugh at this, but I can't
    resit.
    William: I think its very becoming for a young lady to laugh.
    Cosette: My mother doesn't."Its not proper." She says.
    William I mean no offense by this, but your mother is SNOUTBAND.
    Cosette: William!
    I couldn't help but die of laughter.He described my mother to a T.

A/N: SNOUTBAND
    Someone who constantly interrupts a conversation, typically only to contradict or correct someone else.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited August 2020
    Hello all. I've been a bit missing lately. Been busy. Lots happening.

Sims kept me a bit busy yesterday. I had to track down all the worlds In which I'd placed my potential spouses and get their nhd files into my Perfect Genetics save. That took most of my simming time yesterday. This was mostly because I lost Donna and her household which also had Ajax Greenbottle and Carla Cooper in it. After all the work I put into getting Donna and her household to learn so many skills and get their various lifetime wishes I was in a bit of a panic. Then I thought of my back up external drives and there they were. I'd moved them out of my Saves folder and not kept a copy on my internal drive. That was when I worked out the save of Fiona and Eve and Jess that I had played and sent them to the future was not the save meant for the Perfect Genetics game. I had them in Mountain Lake and the correct world for them in the Perfect Genetics game is Hilsborough.

Eve - a genie
    EveGenie1.jpg

Jess
    JessPaton.jpg

Eve driving a taxi in Hillsborough - she was really hard for Gary to make contact with as she kept running away from him but he finally caught up with her when she went home. He paid them a visit and Jess let him in as he'd already met Jess around town earlier that day. I want Gary to meet all of the various sims I've placed in the various worlds.

Eve-In-Huntsborough001.jpg

Donna and her crew are in Mountain Lake - which is probably why I moved them off my internal drive - I was confused and thought it was Eve and Jess who were supposed to be in Mountain lake. So I ended up with Eve and Jess in two different neighborhoods and Donna was nowhere to be found. Took me ages to sort that one out. Glad I did track them down in the end. Sad I messed up the visit to the Future but I can continue that one separately if I feel like it. I probably won't though.

The original Donna's Household that's now been split up between two houses.
    Screenshot-200.jpg

Three different views of Donna's street. Donna's house has the blue roof, Lifestyle Lodge is the tall cream coloured building. Two other houses closest to Lifestyle Lodge house Ajax and Carla and I added Fiona to Carla's house for convenience. Carla's house is next door to Lifestyle Lodge and across the street from Ajax's house. Some unknown townies live in the other two houses. Still haven't decided if I should kick out all of the townies from the world. So far they are still all there. Some simmer's avatars are townies in this world.

Donnas-Street001.jpg

Donnas-Street002.jpg

Donnas-Street003.jpg

Then once I got Donna's crew identified in the Perfect Genetics game I sent Gary there to meet them all and I discovered Mabel had been deleted from the game. Totally.

Mabel - she is a copy of Petal from Perfect Genetics but I altered her features a bit so they wouldn't be totally identical
    MabelYA001.jpg

So I totally annihilated all of that household and moved in a fresh copy from my library. Lucky I saved them with and without the house. Then I added the Lifestyle Lodge house to an empty lot at the end of their street and moved Mabel into it with her two imaginary friends and the clone of Mabel and her imaginary friend made real. I've had Gary living in both houses.

And to be complete here are the other three I've placed in this world.

Ajax Greenbottle - for Petal maybe
    AjaxGreenbottle.jpg
    I've never had a plant sim couple so I'd like to see how they get on together. I have a romance between a plant sim and a human in the Caroline and Friends at University save.

Carla
    Carla006_(2).jpg

I added a new, unplayed version of Fiona to Carla's household.
    Fiona01.jpg

Once I had the households sorted I looked around the world to see what was missing.

I looked for Performance Park and found Verde Park so decided it'd do as a performance park. It isn't the festival grounds version of Performance Park. I have a mod to prevent lots being placed automatically so no festival lots replace my non festival lot parks in when I start a new game.

There is a fishing hole in the corner of Verde Park and Gary went fishing after organising a gig for the next day with the proprietor.

That's the proprietor sitting at the table near where Gary is fishing.
    Fishing-Hole-In-Mountain-Lake001.jpg

Gary-Fishing-In-Mountain-Lake001.jpg

Verde-Park-In-Mountain-Lake001.jpg

Since there was no festival grounds and there are a few empty large lots I chose the festival grounds that are meant for Bridgeport because I almost never play in Bridgeport.

Festival-Grounds-In-Mountain-Lake-Bridgeport-Festival001.jpg

I found a spot for the Stones Throw Greenhouse too.
    Stones-Throw-Greenhouse001.jpg

The Weather Stone was blocking the only suitable sized lot for the consignment store so I bulldozed it and added the consignment store. Then I searched for a lot for the Elixir Consignment Store as I use it in my games. But nothing could be found. I didn't want to use a 64x64 lot. I needed a 20x30 lot. Eventually I found some houses that were 20x15 and bulldozed their lots before I noticed a fence was running along between them and it was part of the world. So I looked around some more and found another two 20x15 lots with houses that had no fence and I bulldozed those lots but there was unroutable terrain between them. So I shut down without saving and feeling frustrated decided to find a different world. I came back to it a few hours later and decided I didn't really need the consignment store and tried put the elixir consignment store in that spot and move on. I added humble harvest stands to the greenhouse and I can consign anything there if I want to. But it turns out the Elixir Consignment store needs a larger lot.

Then I evicted a family from their house and put the elixir store there and put the rags to riches consignment store in the 20x30 lot I originally had it in. It turns out the elixir consignment store needs a larger lot so it wouldn't fit in the 20x30 lot after all.

The elixir consignment store (the weather stone ended up in some townie's back yard).

In the end some Sim townie family got moved from a comfortable big house in natural surroundings to a pokey little house in the suburbs to make way for the Elixir Consignment store.
    Elixir-Consignment-Store001.jpg

The Rags to Riches Consignment store.
    Rags-To-Riches-Consignment-Store001.jpg

I fully expect to come across these two stores were already placed somewhere in the world. Most other venues and rabbit holes are there.

@BlackSand I suspect you're right about those aliens thinking they can sneak in infinite numbers of alien babies. But, I've noticed any uplayed sims in the household are increasingly standing around doing nothing. A sure sign it's getting too many for the computer to handle.

Thanks - I'm glad you like Jess and Eve. Apparently I put them into two different worlds and that got me totally confused for a while. In the end I've abandoned the Mountain Lake version of their save. The house dug into the hill/mountain is supposed to be a miners hut or something. It came with the world. It is Huntsborough, I think it's by Quailhoggs. As for Jess and Eve. They are a pair of sims I've had in my library for years. Pre Sims 4 release I suspect. They didn't have any CC on them so I took them into CAS and gave them new skins and hair. I thought Eve looks dramatic with an almost pure white skin with her dark eyes and hair and fine features.

I'm glad you found Lifestyle Lodge. I made it when I needed a roomy house and only had a 20x20 lot to squeeze it onto. I made it initially for a tiny lot in Sunlit Tides but have used it in numerous other saves since then. I discovered there are more beds on the top floor so they do have room for more sims. But I'm just using it as a convenient holding pen for the sims I've moved into it for now. Donna was kicking her housemates out and I wanted to keep them after putting so many hours into getting them skills and achieving their lifetime wishes. They are all meant to play a part eventually in the Perfect Genetics families.

Also, I'm planning to do a special video, a one off video, containing all of the plant sims from all of my various games since Plant Sims first arrived into the Sims 3 Universe. I have quite a few of them but not dozens. They should all fit into one overstuffed household.

I hope you find the returner settings work if you need to use them. I just investigated and that's what I found. I haven't noticed any more abductions since I changed to those settings - but then I didn't remember Don being abducted the last time he got pregnant, but when I was making the video later on there he was all recorded on video being whisked off by an alien.

@MoonandStars83 I think there are more sims than that now. I've changed my plans. I was trying to get sims out of the main house so Donna could be moved it and get to know Gary. Since I posted the most recent video, Episode 40, I've moved Gary in with Donna so he can get to know her and a few others he needs to know in Mountain Lake. It's a pretty world and has most of the rabbit holes from the game in it, even a few that I rarely use. But I spent a lot of time trying to find the consignment stores and gave up eventually. This almost led to me deciding to move everyone to a different world, but then I came up with another plan. It seems to be working.

I'm glad you enjoyed the video. And thanks - I'm glad you like my sims too. I just keep forgetting to get screenshots to post here. I'm too busy getting video of them. And if I take a screenshot while I'm recording a video I get a flash I have to remember to cut out of the video and that's a bit annoying some time, especially if the flash happens just at that critical moment I really want to catch on video.

That new alien baby of Don's was just as bad and the other three he had. The only nice, laid back, no trouble alien baby of the whole five of them has been the one Bill had. That'd be little Carl.

@bekkasan I'm being kept busy all right - both by the stories and other things.

@Brandontaylor thank you. I'm not sure how I'll use Jess and Eve yet so they might sit tight in their world until I have a sim from Perfect Genetics who would be perfect with one of them.

Technically I never went to the hospital - I just went to see my doctor and she decided my leg needed a dressing and antibiotics. I was threatened with hospital and a drip but never needed it as it started getting better straight away.

@Puddinroy thanks for the comments. I'm glad you were able to watch and enjoy the video. I'm a big sad so few people are watching Episode 38 as I think it's the best video I've made so far. And it's the only video where, for the first 4 or 5 views the average time for each view was the length of the video - so I suspected those first few people must have enjoyed it enough to watch it all in one go. That hasn't happened before with any of my previous videos. And that could partially explain why there were so few views as people only needed to view it once to see the whole thing. And it went a tad longer than the 30 minutes I aim for.

I'm now playing and videoing for episode 41 and at this point I plan to stop working on Perfect Genetics after I post episode 41 and finish off The Isla Paradiso Bunch and then do some episodes of the rest of my stories before coming back to Perfect Genetics.

• Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @Brandontaylor

Brittany will learn to know people quickly,
    and you already have her husband picked out so she has not to
    go on endless dates hehe.

@MoonandStars83

Thank you

• LashinLashin Posts: 74 Member
    @Brandontaylor I am having a lot of fun playing Seb, the womaniser! And yes, he might get screwed by child support, but hey... the household still is one million simoleons strong after having won the lottery!

@MoonandStars83 Yeah, there should be. There are plenty of townies - Moonlight Falls has a heck of a lot of townies - and once you reach the second cousins, great-grandparents/great-grandchildren stage... the incest rule no longer applies, but it does make for a very gnarly family tree!

Also, I'm playing with ageing and story progression off, so all ageing up is done manually.
    @GraceyManor ... I'm enjoying your story.

I particularly like the joke William told, very time inclusive and it fits the story as well.
    Not that it is always necessary, but even a shy young man from a wealthy family would know a banker's joke ... Good job.

Gracey Manor is also nice, but I really like the wall treatments above the wainscot in the dining room.
    The dresses for Claire and Cosette are perfect.

@Karritz ... Glad you managed to get your Sims sorted out and the proper world for your Perfect Genetics save ... :)
    You have more patience than I do ... I've been known to go back to the starter saves for Sims and just start them all over again.

It's good to get things situated in your version of the Hilsborough World.
    It catches me off guard whenever I see that name though, because where I grew up ...
    the Hilsborough neighborhood was one you didn't go to.
    And by that, I mean you wouldn't even drive through it to get somewhere else in town ... :D

Although I almost always use pieces of the greenhouse in my builds ... I have never placed the Stone's Throw lot before.
    I am going to have to check that out in one of my saves ... Thanks for reminding me it's available.

Happy Simming!

@BlackSand I have that greenhouse in every save. I find it is very useful for a few skills and opportunities.

I always add 4 humble harvest stands to it as well because there is four varieties of that stand and you can consign or buy just about anything through it. I try not to buy from it though as your sim gets a negative ripped off moodlet but if I need a very difficult to find mushroom or some particular harvestable they usually turn up there fairly quickly as do skill books.

It's a great place to go to for seeds, picking up suns that are worth 100 simoleans each if sold quickly enough and of great assistance when looking for minor pets to do the zoologist lifetime wish. The sims can usually find a few wildflowers growing there too and they can be lucrative to sell and the opportunities your sim gets from picking wildflowers give a few extra lifetime happiness points.

People with computers that are not very powerful tend to insist on deleting all of the spawners on it but I need to keep them and my computer can handle them. There are about 10 spawners under each Swift Gro Gardening Station. I also place the lemonade stand and a couple of spring riders for the children. If I want a professional bar in there I replace the bar that came with it but I have the mod that allows professional interactions with any bar so I don't usually bother now.

The Humble Harvest stands and Lemonade stand come with the Al Fresco Market venue. I like to place my amended version of that if there is room too.
    edited August 2020
    Update 1

A 10 generation save using my own rules, but no cheats
    whatsoever.

Founder: Danielle Reid, Dani for short

" It Takes two"

g1Buk1a.jpg

Rook Island is a nice world, though not too many big
    lots so only the first founder chapter will take place here.

u67TwwB.jpg

Dani heard there was a neighbor meeting not too far away from where
    she lived. It would be a nice opportunity to get to know people with no
    drinks involved. She hurried over.

JWuhM5P.jpg

It was early Sunday afternoon so most of the town residences should be off
    their jobs.

hlIol4i.jpg

Dani joined a townie playing chess, " its okay to play with you"?
    she asked and when he nodded she sat down.

" What is your name"? She asked after a little while of silence.

He looked up, " Oh I'm sorry I was focused on this chess game, my name is
    Pepe Moretti"

" Danielle, or Dani for short I moved here just a few days ago"
    Dani said and they went back to focus on their game.

More to come!

edited August 2020
    @Silverofdreams30 ... Beautiful World!

You also have a good start and great pics.
    Dani is always gorgeous, and Pepe is kind of a looker too ... :)

Missed

50222136977_5d7bbfe7c4_k.jpg

Nicholas and Curtis had managed to make a few hauls to the City Dump,
    And the Junkyard had sent a flatbed to scrap the cars and a few other items out of the yard.
    Curtis figured on starting fresh, gutted the house down to the electrical and plumbing,
    and sold everything he could get a dime for, to whomever was willing to pick it up.

When he sat down and looked at the balance,
    he was going to need more money for the renovations than he had in the bank.
    Falling back on what he had learned during the challenge,
    he contacted the publishers he had used before.
    They agreed to pay him enough to keep him in food and living expenses,
    if he would write an account of his life struggles and time in the joint.

It was a bit different than his earlier romance novels,
    and Curtis was forced to wrestle with his demons again, putting everything to page.

50221916566_d1c4d96d87_k.jpg

Splitting time between working on the house, fishing for food and cash, as well as on the book,
    Curtis was in the Java Hut cranking out another chapter one morning,
    when something from his past came creeping back in … And not on the page.

It was a smell …
    Not an offensive smell, but something floral … Not like a perfume and far more subtle.
    Initially he couldn’t put his finger on what it was, or why it seemed to grab him.
    All of a sudden it struck him … Shampoo!
    The kind of shampoo you find in the foo-foo section of an up-scale pharmacy, next to the picture frames …
    But not one you are going to find on the shelf at the corner drugstore.

Susan … It was Susan’s shampoo.
    Susan had suffered with the best during the challenge,
    but there were some things she just didn’t do without …
    That shampoo was one of them.

50221918356_5b4827db8a_k.jpg

All of a sudden it came down on him like a ton of bricks.
    Startled, confused, excited and terrified at the same time,
    his heart jumped, skipped a few beats, and was threatening to choke him out.
    Almost uncontrollably, Curtis snapped up out of his seat and jerked around …
    Absolutely certain Susan was behind him.

50222139677_059d32baa4_k.jpg

Curtis took a few steps …
    Trying to gain some bearing, and following the smell.
    The next few seconds seemed like a frantic eternity,
    but he realized the café was now empty except for himself and Marcy.

After a few moments, dread started to sink in.
    Curtis had been working on the book at the station closest to the door.
    If it had been Susan, she would have seen him …
    And she would have chosen to pass him by.
    Curtis fought back the urge to run into the street outside to see for himself.

Marcy on the other hand, when he turned towards the counter …
    Was looking at Curtis like he was a crazy man.
    Obviously startled herself by what Curtis had just done,
    She wondered what was coming next as Curtis approached and asked her a question.

50221270408_4aa5b3c3ea_k.jpg

Curtis
    ”Hey, sorry if I scared ya …
    I was just over there working on the book and wasn’t paying attention to anything else.
    Was there just someone else in here …
    Tall, dark hair, kind of good looking?”

Marcy relaxed a little and answered back …

Marcy
    ”Yeah … Buzzberry Tea and a Brownie.”

Curtis Chuckles and Asks
    ”What … What do you mean?”

Marcy
    ”Curtis … Not everyone is like you, sweetie.
    A lot of customers don’t come here often, and don’t go through the trouble of introducing themselves.
    So … In order for me to remember who they are and possibly be friendlier …
    to me, those customers are what they order when they do come in.
    She doesn’t come in here often, but when she does, she gets buzzberry tea and a brownie.

Sorry I can’t help you out more than that.”

To Be Continued …

• CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @Emily4331 urgent!! I am in,will write you and tell you how.I am doing it now not kidding.

Z6U96Zs.png
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    edited August 2020
    @BlackSand

Thank you, Pepe Moretti is an EA sim I edited a bit.
    I have decided to not force my sim with someone, I will wait and see
    which sim she has the most chemistry with so she will go on out
    on a few or more dates hehe.

Interesting save you have got going on.
    @GraceyManor

Beautiful clothes for the sims in your save, to bad you could not
    find the dress you wanted.
  • MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    Hi friends! New and long time. I haven't played in a few days. Probably won't play much the next week as I'm going to visit my dad. Travel plans were SO MUCH easier before this horrible virus. I used to be able to hop in the car and head out. However, I planned my visit. Have the necessary precautions in place and hope to have a nice time with him. I haven't seen him since January!

@Silverofdreams30 I have a bit of a legacy challenge that I play with my own rules. It's a combo of traditional legacy and Ultimate with some rules in place to my liking. I hope you have fun with yours. I like the sunset/sunrise picture you posted.

@GraceyManor I like the clothes for your story. The setting is nice as well. I look forward to seeing more.

Hi @Puddinroy @bekkasan @Brandontaylor @CravenLestat @Nikkei_Simmer and anyone else I forgot. I'm half a century old now, I forget things a lot. LOL
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited August 2020
    MamaSimTee wrote: »
    I'm half a century old now, I forget things a lot. LOL

Me too... on both counts. :D:mrgreen:

My wife: "I thought I told you that two hours ago..."
    Me: "I forgot."
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

Ya Think … Mwwahahahah!
    Well friends … By this time in our story, it could be safe for someone to assume.
    Adele Winterly was genuinely concerned about Curtis slipping and landing back in trouble.

However …
    If that person found themselves outside Varg’s Tavern on a certain afternoon,
    It could actually become abundantly clear how long something had been brewing …
    And exactly who could be flirting with the Devil and stomping on thin ice.

50222030883_7febd883b9_k.jpg

Adele
    ”I’ve run into Curtis in town, and we have spoken a few times …
    But really Nick … How are things going on your end?”

50222679796_bcdde1b3fa_k.jpg

Nicholas
    ”Absolutely nothing to worry about Adele … I got it covered.

I’ve been helping Curtis around his place and things are coming along.
    He’s got a new book deal and that’s coming along nicely as well.

I gave Carol her birthday present …
    Curtis wrote a lovely note in it, and she was thrilled with the gift.
    Heck, she kept carrying on about what good writer he was and everything.
    Dang Adele, I‘m solid on my end … It’s gravy!”

50222900887_ce28fd728c_k.jpg

Adele
    ”That’s fabulous, we’ll give him a bit more time to work on the house.
    As that’s working itself out, I’ll start nudging Carol.
    Lord Child, that girl is about to drive me crazy with her moaning and groaning
    about the same old – same old going on in her life.

And you Andrew … Don’t you be telling Peter about any of this!”

50222028963_13360503ca_k.jpg

Andrew Song
    ”Are you plumming crazy Adele … There’s no way I would tell Peter!
    If Peter finds out about any of this, and that I knew …
    My hide would be hanging on a line next to yours and Nick’s for sure.

But hey … In for a penny in for pound …
    And there’s no way I’m passing up a front row seat,
    watching what could turn out to be one horrific disaster of biblical proportions.
    Sue me … It’s human nature to rubber-neck a car wreck … You can’t help yourself.

Anyway … let me know if there is anything I can do.
    Carol is a charming young lady, and I really like Curtis.
    Who knows, it’s possible this could work out and we aren’t digging our own graves.’

Ultimate Sim Update

rxJ7rBM.jpg
    Brittany continued to hunt in China and she found all the gems there. She found a few missing metals but hardly any of the insects I don't have. I still have some items that are in Showtime and Island Paradise but I'll get those items when I get new copies of those EP's.

kOH2aN0.jpg
    I could have had her talk with a local when her social meter went down but I decided to have her call her friend, Christopher Steel, instead. She seems very happy to be talking with her future husband.

DQJNdoH.jpg
    Brittany found another of the missing metals and now I only need to find Iridium (at least until I get the two remaining EP's).

SSC4GjT.jpg
    I decided to give her a bit of a vacation for her remaining time. She can't do tombs until season 19 which will more than likely be the end of the year or first part of 2021. It all depends on how fast the seasons go in the near future, I think later ones will go faster though. Anyway, she seems really happy that China makes her favorite food: steak.

FVUojMn.jpg
    Back at home, I set up all the chests like I did in the other attempts. The tip was from the challenge creator and is a nice way of keeping everything she has to keep. From the left we have, adventure items, ITF items, insects, metals, gems, university items, fish, and kids stuff. There are two others not pictured and they are for elixirs and something else.

PAaz6OP.jpg
    Brittany had several Tiberium gems to cut so I sent her to the alchemy store. I could have gotten her a machine for the house but I got to consign them anyway so might as well do it at one place.

xyg5VUs.jpg
    Next, I sent her over to the Weather Stone and asked it to bring a Hunter's Storm successfully. This makes it easier to find the more rare items.

7uoZHpZ.jpg
    For the next three hours, Brittany ran around searching for items but the only thing she found was a butterfly she is missing. This makes 13 or 14 remaining, at least for now.

0kHx1IT.jpg
    Afterwards, I sent her to the Bistro for a celebrity opportunity and for supper. She met Morgana Wolff and they talked about a variety of things. Currently, SP is off and is running on EA's version. I will be turning the NRaas one after Brittany and Christopher start dating. I just don't want anyone snagging him before she gets with him.

KPadakr.jpg
    Then Leighton Sekemoto invited her to his pool party. He doesn't have a pool and the Hunters Storm brought snow in summertime but Brittany chatted with him anyway. It also looks like Boyd Wainwright followed her from the Bistro to attend the party.

KsCEfDm.jpg
    And look who else showed up. Christopher was at the party so Brittany had a nice chat with him. She even hinted that he should move in with her and he said yes! They are only friends but he'll be a big help with the daycare profession. I'll probably give him a job with open hours so he'll be free when I need him.

sns01Mo.jpg
    Christopher did his own thing for a bit while Brittany brewed a Potent Invigorating Elixir. She mostly sleeps but sometimes I'll let her use one of these to stay up 24 hours. It's just a good way to get things done when I need her to have more time.

GRQdOw0.jpg
    Later that night, Brittany and Christopher had a chat that led to flirting. Soon after, Brittany surprised him with a spur of the moment kiss. Christopher responded passionately and then the two became boyfriend and girlfriend. I'll hold off on a wedding and children for a while for two reasons. Adding Lauren (their daughter in the other attempts) now would add another toddler, which Brittany doesn't need right now with the daycare. Secondly, I'm going with a timeline similar to the other attempts on when she'll be born. This will be one time I'll cheat to ensure the right gender and also to edit the baby to look like the original Lauren Steel.

***And that's it for Brittany until next week. I have Ava Sinclair's story to play tonight then will not play any save tomorrow. As for the weekend, I'm not sure yet what the storm system will do as we have another chance of severe weather Saturday. I'll have to see if they increase the risk or not and if it'll affect my area. Anyway, I have to mow my yard and eat supper but will return with feedback after that.
    edited August 2020
    My new flight attendant

Giselle Whiteford

tSsHYHz.png

During the CAS process She started looking like Carrie Underwood :o (Saved this in between to my bin to use to make sims later) A cute base

xWtDhB0.png
    Post edited by CravenLestat on

DfydFiZ.gif
    Last pic and a Rarity :o I made a quick guy sim and changed to black and white

Quite the dapper fellow

LZ6oW0U.png

DfydFiZ.gif
    edited August 2020
    @CravenLestat I've been thinking and trying to remember if I've ever seen you make a male sim, other than your sim self - and here he is. You finally did it. Congratulations. He looks very interesting and I expect him to break into a tap dance or something similar.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top