Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @emorrill it happens every time.Sometimes I feel like I’m getting skipped over, even when I give feedback to people.It discourages me and that is why I tend to disappear without any word.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited July 2020
    Finishing

Quick nose,literally 3 steps cause have to rest

Starting base..looks stoopid but it is just a start,This is the 2nd preset nose

oOjib1o.png

Lowered nose height

wv5BK0j.png

Nose mass

kHk0nOd.png

Nostril definition

scAmD95.png

Her first modeling shot

:p

OMPvHk4.png

Sorry had to rush on the nose but have her saved as a base to make sims from now and breed her with my others.

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @Simsalot99 Well, did you take the carrot?
    ****I wish we could adopt raccoons and deer in the game.

@CravenLestat Lovely Sim.
    ****Disney Princess eyes.
    ****The last time I tried messing with a Sim's head width, I ended up with some pinheaded weirdo.
    ****Boo! No fillers!

@Turjan I need to go through my CC. That's the most common issue when it crashes, so I'm going to pull my testers and then fan out from there.
    ****Nice makeovers.

@king_of_simcity7 Good for them!
    ****Happy Birthday! Glad to have another July Baby around here.

@yoshi_dragur2012 I thought I lost it for a hot minute, but I found it here.

@Lashin So. Much. White.

@PalmArrow That looks amazing! I love the idea of a rooftop garden.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Another crash. As I mentioned to Turjan, I need to pull my tester CC, and if I still get crashes, I'll look into pulling other things. No pic today.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Page 3956, continued

@Simsalot99 Funny place to find a carrot!
    Not sure if he's into shedding or not, lol
    Sounds like someone is jealous.
    Looks like that zombie was ready to go swimming.
    Hope the guy is the one for her.
    Appears to be getting along well with him.
    Seems the grocery store and bistro are a couple good places for tips in any world.
    That's a good thing or she'd freeze to death.
    Great update!

@CravenLestat Your flight attendant looks great!

Page 3957

@Turjan It does get repetitive. Sad part is that the first six towns Brittany has to go to University for a degree. Although, I can use the free degree LTR if I want as the rules don't say I can't.
    It's a nice house. Only thing I did was put showers in and better beds.
    The two brothers look great!
    Yikes, Lucy doesn't look good at all.
    She looks better after your edits.
    Geez, he looks even worse than Lucy does. Much better after the edits.
    Everyone looks better now.
    Great update!

@king_of_simcity7 Happy birthday!
    Tammy and Simon are going to make a great couple.
    Great update!

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks, I will. Once University is done in each of the first 6 towns, that's when the fun begins with jobs and spouses and children/grandchildren.

@Lashin Your build is looking great!

@PalmArrow Awesome rooftop garden on the library!

@lisasc360 Wow, that 'alien' needs to be stopped, lol.
    How dare he take Lisa's DNA?
    Ha ha, serves the alien right!
    Well, seems the alien finally got what he needed.
    Seems the alien is getting some kind of entertainment making Lisa do what he wants.
    Hey alien, that's cheating! You can't use hypnosis to make her love you.
    Hmm, kind of weird Dawn's thinking of Craven. Wonder what made her think of him? :lol:
    Awesome story! I think this may have been when I was gone or before I joined as I don't remember it but it's funny.

@CravenLestat Starting to look better already.
    Her lips look much better.
    Now she's got the pretty eyes.

@emorrill Yep, I realized I hadn't made them be flirty for a while so decided they better get a smooch in at least.
    It really is. In real life, I'd almost expect food to be flying all over the place when they done that. Also, the plate would probably go to the floor.
    You're welcome. :smile:
    They have another bit of similarities. My grandpa drank a lot of alcohol, beer mostly. He never did get off it until he had to have a feeding tube a year or so before he passed away. His drinking was mainly due to nerves after serving on a submarine in the early 60's. Apparently his withdraws weren't as bad as Shane's but I'm guessing it still had an effect on him. Also, he was stubborn about even going to the hospital, we pretty much had to beg him to go before he would.
    Most definitely. I think Emily's the only one he'll really listen to, even if he does grumble about it.

Page 3958

@CravenLestat Wow, she looks great!
    Love the way she looks now! Also, Cassidy is a great name for her.

@GraceyManor Hope you don't disappear too long. Even if other people skip your posts, you know I won't. Also, stay safe from Isaias!

***Well, off to play the Langeraks! Maybe I'll get them finished tonight or tomorrow so we can at least see Melanie's new baby back in Sunset Valley. Still will have to send them back to university but want to spend at least one day back home. We'll see how much I get done tonight on whether I play them again tomorrow. I at least want to devote one session this weekend to Ava's story as I've been neglecting it (again) and haven't posted an update in a while.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited August 2020
    Hello All.

@king_of_simcity7 happy birthday for yesterday. I hope you had a lovely day.

I didn't get much done with the computer yesterday. I had to go out - Dr appointment. All is good.

There is a Covid scare near where I live. We hadn't had a new case in my state for weeks then 3 people visited a hot spot, 2 got infected and they returned home without admitting to where they'd been and went to work and out to a variety of cafes, restaurants and many other businesses for over a week, even after having symptoms, before getting tested. Now some other people they came across have tested positive. I haven't been tested, the lines to get tests are hours long. Tens of thousands of tests have been done and so far only 1 has tested positive plus a sibling of one of the people who brought it home. I can't get out to be tested as I'm stuck at home alone all the time. I only went out yesterday because I had that appointment and then went to the chemist on the way home. Other than that I haven't been mixing with others. I can't do any thing about getting a test at the moment though as I don't have any way of getting out to get one. Lucky I have my computer and can chat here and a few other places. At least if I did pick something up yesterday I won't be able to pass it on if I'm at home and I probably won't show a positive result for a few more days if I did get tested. I'll wait and see what transpires. The pair who brought that virus home with them and lied about it are in hospital and likely to end up in jail for other offences they apparently committed while out of the state. Also heavy fines apply for how they behaved that resulted in so many people having to get tested and businesses that were getting back to work now having to close due to being contaminated and people not wanting to go near them again.

So that's part of my drama for the week. Next bit concerns my game. The Perfect Genetics Challenge save to be precise.

Alien pregnancies are rampant in my household. For some reason I feel compelled to Raise the child each time rather than send it back to the alien world. So this is partly my fault. However, I have now tried to add a bit of birth control to the household by using a mod to set the chance of another alien abduction to 0. So far I haven't seen any more abductions.

Don gave birth to his baby. It's another boy. I was hoping for a girl. Since that birth there are now 23 sims in the household, including the cat and dog. That's way more than I had planned. As you know I want to add Donna to the household so she and Gary can have a wedding and move out together. I want a few weddings in my videos so I'm not just going to kick Gary out and let him go.

I decided to get Chas and Prue married first and they are engaged and my next video will show them spending special time together. But I want Prue to get her Lifetime Wish first. I'm not worried about Chas getting his LTW as in previous games I've seen a few sims with his LTW achieve it while living in an unplayed household. But Prue wants to be a renaissance sim. So far she's got 2 of the 3 skills mastered. Now she's working on her fishing skill. I added a wishing well and extended their basement a bit to make room for it. This is because it's Winter in game and the fishing holes are frozen solid.

But with all of these extra aliens and the extra basement room, I've now got to the point where I'm getting error 12 when I save more than twice without reloading the game. And it being Winter doesn't help either.

I just had birthdays for Owen and his Imaginary Friend Made Real, Trish. They are now Young Adults. I think Trish will eventually end up with Cosmo but Cosmo isn't ready to age up yet. His previous owner is Petal and Cindy and her IF made real need to age up first. So I'm thinking of moving Trish out on her own and will probably do the same for Owen. But, I want to make a girl for Owen too. And have a wedding for Trish and Cosmo if their relationship survives. I was thinking of getting Owen and Trish together as it might be interesting to see what happens with their babies - Trish is brown skinned and Owen is pale green. But I don't think there is a skin colour that would merge them - the only possibility I can think of would be a darker green. Or a paler brown. Owen's green is more of an olive green, not like the plant sim green.

So I'm going to be struggling to get this save under control. Here are a few pictures.

Gary is in the magician career.

The time for Gary's gig at the Performance Park arrived. Here he is arriving.
    Gary-Off-To-Do-AGig001.jpg

Gary got a moodlet for making a mess of his performance. I thought he did okay but obviously it wasn't without incident. Poor Gary felt really bad about it for quite a while afterwards.

I don't know how Don got singed, but here he is autonomously making a snowman while being both singed and pregnant.
    Don.jpg

Much later, after Don had a shower, I found him playing tag with his first alien son, Martin. Unfortunately Don was stuck in this position and had to be reset.

Martin-Don001.jpg

Martin-Don002.jpg

Don decided he wanted to kiss Olivia, and since she was standing there all alone in the snow I let him do it. She was happy about getting a kiss from her husband.

Olivia-Don001.jpg

I added another basement room as I needed somewhere for Prue to fish. She's already got to level 10 in Cooking and Gardening. She just needs to get to level 10 in Fishing and she'll be ready to move out of the house with her fiance Chas - after they have a spectacular wedding of course. I want that wedding for my video.

Prue004.jpg

Prue005.jpg

Prue006.jpg

The original reason for adding the extra basement room was Olivia wished to learn the inventing skill. I have been ignoring that wish in various sims but decided to grant her wish this time. I needed to make a space for the inventing table so initially this basement held only the inventing table and the all in one bathroom next to it in case of sims catching fire while inventing. The idea to add the wishing well came later.

Prue007.jpg

I almost never add a fireplace to my houses. This is due to me living my life in the tropics or subtropics and never needing a fire place in real life. Since this house is fairly tightly built I decided not to upset things by forcing a fire place inside one of the existing rooms. So I added a fireplace to this new basement that is not directly under any part of the existing build. Of course that has resulted in a chimney poking up out of the ground. Not sure what I'm going to do about that yet.

Here is Chas sitting in front of the fire place and Martin is mopping some water Prue splashed onto the floor and Prue working on her fishing skill.
    Chas-Martin-Prue001.jpg

I added some extra bits and pieces to the basement. Some are things I moved from other parts of the house or from their household inventory, others are things I purchased from buy mode.

Here is Trish's birthday in the new basement room. Trish had her birthday immediately after Owen. But I think she technically didn't manage to age up on the same day as Owen as I noticed it was just after midnight when she blew out her candles. No wonder everyone was so tired.
    Owens-Birthday001.jpg

Owens-Birthday002.jpg

I took Owen into Stylist to give him new hair and clothes. Of course I got Error 12 and couldn't save his new outfits so will have to do this bit again. I did manage to save after he and Trish had their birthdays so didn't lose that. Now I have to try to remember what outfits I gave him. I took note of his traits and lifetime wish and gave him some eccentric outfits and a new hair that is similar to the one he got from the game but is a hair I like better on him. It is CC hair of course.

This is Owen in the everyday outfit he aged up into. I just changed his shoes and hair. I probably gave him a second everyday outfit too.
    Owen-In-CAS001.jpg

I'm not sure what this outfit is. But I got a pic so we might as well see it.
    Screenshot-134.jpg

That's it for now. I'm loading the game and will take Owen into stylist again now and then save and do Trish next and save. Then I suspect I'll have to shut down and reload until I can reduce the number of sims in the household. I find when Error 12 starts happening there is a finite number of times I can save before getting the error. It seems to be consistently twice at the moment with an error 12 occurring on the third attempt to save after each reload of the game. So after I've saved twice I'll just reload to avoid losing progress made in game.

Happy Simming all.

• Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Langerak Update

***Still in game currently, just wanted to post a small update tonight at least for all of you. There will be more tomorrow but here is a Tuesday at university.

gIdoiVY.jpg
    Quinton and Cori got up first and by the time Cori was eating, Quinton was getting ready to do dishes.

gWBV4ym.jpg
    Then I had Quinton talk to Cori as they are getting close to being friends now. I'm hoping they'll be friends real soon.

aIYNy7R.jpg
    Tuesday's are Ariana's outdoors class. As you can see, it was raining so it wasn't the best day for a class outdoors.

DBnUk9W.jpg
    Quinton didn't have a class until 12pm so he did some sketches while the women were away.

9sViFj3.jpg
    Cori had a lecture but since a Sim only needs to be on the lot, I had her work on science instead. She gained her 5th skill point in the skill and is now halfway done with it. Hopefully I can finish it by the time she graduates.

HMd1aPu.jpg
    Ariana had an opportunity to befriend Samantha Grey for celebrity points so I sent her over to work on that. She was successful so I sent her home to eat her supper.

Ulnjc6h.jpg
    I got lucky this time as all three of the Sims sat together for supper. This probably helped with Cori and Quinton becoming friends, at least I hope it did.

i2CjRnI.jpg
    6kg0SGs.jpg
    Quinton then played his guitar for the ladies so they would have some nice music to dance to. Everyone had a fun time but I had to send them to bed as classes start early on Wednesday mornings.

***All for now, going back in game to hopefully knock out Wednesday and Thursday.
  • Options
    @Brandontaylor
    Got bad weather coming may be gone for a bit.
  • Options
    85030757_489818981942359_7429048972485853184_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=23CH7FmMQq8AX_piBAs&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=746b382992c44496f6480f1583708b63&oe=5F497D1A
    Gah, I miss this story...Found photos.XD
  • Options
    rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    The twins became toddlers today! I moved them into a bigger room I added above the garage and moved their toys in the room.

Maxwell learned how to walk and finally became potty trained, just gotta finish the talking part.

The twins both have Rosalie's red hair, just like Maxwell.
    I think they have their mom's eyes and nose and their dad's mouth shape but I'm not sure yet.
    Lacey inherited her dad's yellow wings.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited August 2020
    Screenshot-70.jpg
    It appears that LCDR Eileen Forrest found out the hard way... Don't believe your recruiter.
    JointheNavySeetheWorld.png
    Screenshot-73.jpg
    Eileen: "I guess I'm in a bit of a pickle now..."

Only CC is the USN uniform. :) Everything else is EA...
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited August 2020
    Earlier I managed to take Trish into Stylist and give her an interesting looking wardrobe. Then saved the game. Since I'd just opened the game just to take her into stylist I decided to play for a few minutes to get everyone to sleep. Then I wanted to save and shut down. Well, it started saving but it shut down all by itself thereby saving me some time waiting for the save and shut down process.

Then a while later I launched a new game in Riverview and made a Sim for Owen to marry.

Here are are couple of pictures of Fiona - the one I made for Owen

Fiona01.jpg

Fiona02.jpg

I don't really want to play Owen as he has the absent minded trait. His other traits are: animal lover, heavy sleeper, Artistic and avant garde.

I gave Fiona the traits: Animal Lover, Light Sleeper, Artistic and Gatherer.

Hopefully they'll get along ok.

I have no plans to play her either as I really don't have time for that.

Next time I open the game I'll get Prue to complete her LTW and then video the wedding of Prue and Chas and then move them out to their own home. I'll probably play Owen and Fiona for long enough to get them married and out of the house. Then I'll move James's girl in and get them married and out of the house. Then I'll get hold of Donna and move her into the house and spend a little time getting Donna and Gary to know each other and married and out of the house. Mostly when I say get them out of the house I mean out of the world. I've got 3 or 4 new worlds with the nhd files saved. The Sims I've made for each of the household members are living in houses I've done up for them in those worlds.

Just to refresh you memory:

This is Donna and she was made for Gary, the eldest son of Don and Olivia.
    Donna.jpg

This is Carla and she was made for James, the second son of Don and Olivia.
    Carla006_(2).jpg

Owen is the third son of Don and Olivia and he will have Fiona - pictured above.

EDIT: The skin I used for Fiona is a multi coloured skin and the slider position determines the colour of the skin - so if any babies Owen and Fiona have they could turn out to be any colour if they inherit her skin and his slider position. I mean just about any colour of the rainbow.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Some more pictures of the happy couple from yesterday: :smile:

HMZclr0.jpg

GcRQIdZ.jpg

9FXI03J.jpg

w9I0MIb.jpg

IGQbmgn.jpg

Dy1uqBi.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 Nice kissing pictures. I remember when I was young I used to kiss easy out in public but since I have gotten older I have become very shy about it.

Slept most of the day so I will be awake all night. Currently trying to decide if I want to play the Sims 3. It sounds like fun.
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @CravenLestat

Great tutorial, she turned out amazing
    as always.

@GraceyManor

Aww , it is just bad timing I have enjoying seeing updates
    about Francine and Michael. I live in another time zone so usually, post when noone else is posting.
  • Options
    @Brandontaylor

Cori's hairstyle is nice is it Cazy?
    I think I have that one too.
  • Options
    Question, what is a photo site that is good to use for help with posting pictures to the forums? It has been so long since I have played.
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    edited August 2020
    Note to self: make hats into accessories.

@CravenLestat graciously allowed me to steal his stewardess sim, Jada, and CC-ify her. I just gave her CC skin, makeup, and eyes, and left the rest of her alone. Though, Craven, I don't think I had the pattern you used on her scarf, so I had to improvise. :lol:

Oh and before you ask yes it does bother me greatly that the last pic is slightly off on the camera positioning. :bawling:

PS: you can right click and hit "view image" to see the full size.

So, here's my reinterpretation of your entire photo :tongue:
    8b9T0BR.png?1

Now, alas, the hat is so key to making her actually look like a stewardess, so taking it off just kind of ruined everything. :lol: So, we'll just call these bonus model pics of her fully CC'd by me. I also slightly changed her hair color. Just lightened the highlights and gave her platinum ends. :3
    W29pgQQ.png?1

And I was very proud of how the conversion of this suit came out, so this picture is really just a humble brag. About my ever-growing converting skills...not my photography skills, clearly. :bawling::lol:
    5skuT30.png?1
  • Options
    @Emily4331 Pretty sim and nice pictures.
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @blazerntq Thank you! :3

I use imgur for all of my photos. My favorite thing about imgur is that there's no limit to how many pics you can have in your gallery. I have 6075. :grimace: Only bad part it can tend to get stuck uploading if you try to upload multiple large pictures at a time, so it can slow down the process a bit.
  • Options
    @Emily4331 Thanks so much! Imgur might be the site that I used. Going to check it out.
  • Options
    Looks like imgur is the site that I used for pictures before.

Another question, which files are the ones that you a player should delete to make their games run better again? Thanks.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    @blazerntq

If you see this, I use Imgur it's easy and works well.

@Emily4331

I just went out of my comfort zone will post a sim soon I usually
    do not create no cc at all haha.
  • Options
    @Silverofdreams30 Thanks for letting me know what site you use. Now I need to take some pictures and try posting. lol
  • Options
    so following @CravenLestat tutorial, I went out of my comfort zone
    and created a female with no cc at all.

66hrhha.jpg

Before

GAxXROK.jpg

After

dg0MCto.jpg

RBUm9dL.jpg

rwA07fo.jpg

kCXv8B2.jpg

Tiffany Avalos
  • Options
    @Silverofdreams30 That is cool! Good job.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top