Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    I'm back! First, I decided to put all my lots together in a thread on the "The Sims 3 Builders" part: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17556532/#Comment_17556532

I've shared many of those lots here. My recent one is a version of Rodeo Go-Go on a 30x30 lot. I changed the second floor and there's a karaoke area now:
    50046134511_f26ebed624_h.jpgScreenshot-20 by Marcos Da Silva, no Flickr

50045568628_7544059533_h.jpgScreenshot-22 by Marcos Da Silva, no Flickr

Link on Exchange: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9399008

--- x --- x ---

So, the Castro family have been busy. It's spring now. Liliana has developed all the necessary skills to grow up. Thiago has attended his first prom and, since he became prom king, I'll throw a formal party for the teens to be a "spring prom".

Snowflake Day was calm but full of activities:

50053102177_ec420486be_h.jpgScreenshot-90 by Marcos Da Silva, no Flickr

Julieta was invited to a party at Holly Greenwood's house.

50053102462_46f4893f70_h.jpgScreenshot-95 by Marcos Da Silva, no Flickr

After the party, I sent the boys to the park where they could enjoy the last festival day.

50053104132_3d2c038ca3_h.jpgScreenshot-6 by Marcos Da Silva, no Flickr

JP (João Paulo) and Lily playing peekaboo.

50052861871_7c0e888759_h.jpgScreenshot-33 by Marcos Da Silva, no Flickr

It's the first time I see that painting. It looks awesome... plus, Thiago has been sleeping too little... luckily spring festival is just around the corner and I hope he'll be able to catch up with his sleeping hours.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited June 2020
    A house I just started in Sunlit Tides

The upper floor is just a loft bedroom on each end connected by a narrow hallway overlooking the center living room it's a open 2 floor ceiling height.Will get pics am still in game.I used regular stairs not spriral.

hbUtWDj.png

Edit:

This is how I connected the lofts

cr0lYaM.png

Am decorating a bedroom right now

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Hey friends. :) Goodness it's late for me to be posting. :p

Thank you all SO much for your sweet comments and compliments on my recent story post. <3<3 12 Awesomes...my heart is so full at how much you enjoyed it and that made all the hard work I put into that chapter finale WORTH IT! So thank you again. :kissing_heart:

I fully intended to get some comments written out this evening, but my daughter ended up going to bed an hour later than she usually does and then hubby ended up calling me from work to chat about some stuff so... (His last day at work is the 30th. :cry: )
    Then I ended up checking Facebook because hubby sent me links to some songs to listen to on YouTube and was wondering what I thought of the original and the acoustic and which one was better? :lol: (I liked the acoustic one better. ;) ) Next thing I know I'm checking out Plain White T's Facebook page because I was SO stinking excited to catch Tom Higgenson (lead singer) on there LIVE Wednesday night as he played and sang some fan voted Top 5 songs for the week and oh it was a JOY! :smiley: (Wish I knew about the voting...) He's always seemed like a real nice guy in the interviews I've seen him in and in his LIVE video he was even more sweet, friendly and personable. Funny too. :lol: He may not be the most attractive man on the planet, but his personality and musical talent makes him a hottie in my book. :love: I've loved their music since 2007 (MANY of their songs have gotten me through some hard times <3 ) and their album "Every Second Counts" got me through the 14 month deployment. I listened to it ALL. THE. TIME. and thought of hubby whenever a romantic song came on, which is like 75% of the album! :lol: Anyway, forgive the ramblings of a fangirl. :p

As I moved the conclusion of Chapter 7 to my blog, I ended up editing the wording in some areas, fixed a typo, and even added a couple of sentences in to add a little to the story. I also added a picture I found online of a storm over the ocean and it was EXACTLY how I pictured it when writing Emily's dream :open_mouth: so if you want to check all that stuff out and reread it if you wish, head on over to my Blog HERE. :blush:

I also included the character bios (from the game) in the introduction before Chapter 1 so that those who have never played Stardew Valley could get familiar with the characters before reading my story. I should've done that LONG before now... 🤦‍♀️But oh well... Because I want my readers to know that they can totally read this story even if they've never played the game. I've worked so hard on this story and I don't want them to miss it.
    If any of you want to check those Bios out as well, just click on Chapter 1 under "Pelican Town to Sims Town" on my Blog home page. :)

So, lastly, with my story and Plain White T's music on my mind (Tee hee! :mrgreen: ) y'all remember the part where Haley seemed to throw Alex to the wayside by flirting ridiculously with Sam in the sprinklers? And then Alex got tired of hearing it and seeing it so he went inside? Well, I would think something like this is what he was thinking..........
    They've got a real Beatles vibe going on here! Any of the rest of you think so? :grin: Enjoy the song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUg-tJ3XFno

:smirk:

Goodnight and Happy Simming my friends. :sleeping:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Brandontaylor Going to give a play test shortly :smile:

@thuggishsplicer i wish I had done a more recent backup but the seagate expansion is playing up as well :(
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Silver_PicharizSilver_Pichariz Posts: 32 Member
    edited June 2020
    Meanwhile. In the Hahnecik save:
    Danielle's started her first week at university, Noeline's still on the honour roll. Owens been revived as a human. Jonnys been reaccepted back into school.
    Post edited by Silver_Pichariz on
    Love The Sims 3: Could Play it for twelve hours straight if I could.
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    edited June 2020
    Planning to play in Moonlight Falls (To see if that Save is stable) plus need to get Florence married
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@CravenLestat I know who Odessa is. As you know, I generally don't play EA sims because I prefer my own or my friend's sims. Do the names Wisteria or Charlotte or Lorelei ring a bell, just to name a few? My Sinclair family lives in Barnacle Bay so I've seen Odessa around. I was just surprised her daughter didn't inherit her ginger hair. Her hair is definitely lighter ginger in her wiki picture and what I remember in-game. It could be my graphics though. Don't worry, I won't have any of my sims making babies with her. :tongue: I do have those patterns on those dresses though!
    Nice house!

@king_of_simcity7 Your puter repair folks work fast! What is the seagate expansion or is that what you are calling your story?

@MoonandStars83 Thanks for commenting. What do you mean the outfits are strange for the Royals? I don't particularly want them dressed formally all the time and it is modern times in the story. They are fairy folk, so I want some to dress that way, and others to dress more modern. Does that make sense? I doubt you would see the King wearing blue jeans, but his wife might in private. :lol:

@Sleepstar Good luck with the porter.

@Silver_Pichariz Hope you enjoy your new save.

@Brandontaylor Thanks so much for the comments. :smiley:
    Yes, Flora and Bryce got the potions. I thought they deserved a bit more time together as adults before they pass on.
    I think the King is realizing he has lived away from the world too long and needs to give the younger generation his blessing.
    Merry has been after him for years to travel, but his fear from the death of his son and daughter in law stopped him. Perhaps he will travel or just enjoy spoiling his grands. I'm going to try either building or finding a better castle for them to live in. The one I used is beautiful, but not very playable. I will either build or find a dower house for the King and Queen to retire to when I get back to their story as a main story.
    There are quite a few glitchy things that will mess up the werewolves sliders including traveling. I've just about given up on changing them back to what I want for mine. Marshalls hair is still wrong and some of his face is too. Adam's jaw and nose are messed up. I'm probably the only one that notices it though.

@Nikkei_Simmer powerful writing. Hopefully, justice will be served one day for River and Haruo.

@thuggishsplicer Thanks so much for commenting. :) I look forward to trying the trick or treating. I do remember it could be frustrating and sometimes they came home with no candies. :cry:
    I do love the fairies and their world.
    I like your Rodeo Go Go. I built one several years ago and then couldn't use it after I had to let Pets and Seasons out of my game. I had used a lot of stuff from those packs and it just wasn't worth trying to renovate it.
    Love the pics of the family and especially the kids playing peek a boo.
    I've never seen that painting either.

@emorrill Glad, you are home safely. I definitely agree they have a Beatles vibe with that song and it would work as a lament for Alex towards Haley. Gosh, it sure got repetitive at the end! I was gonna scream if they sang that line one more time. LOL

A picture for @emorrill and any other Marshall fans to brighten your day. Marshall was not happy as you can see, but I knew you would like it. "Give me a break here. Cameras are not allowed in the bathroom."
    50054090662_0f3b486e80_o.jpg
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    edited June 2020
    @CravenLestat

the lot looks great.

@thuggishsplicer

wow, really cool house on the first photo.

@emorrill

I hope you had a nice weekend.

@bekkasan

I love that Marshall photo.
    wow, that was quite the hot kiss by the prince there.
    Aww, he really wants to go to school, I hope he can.
    Great update.

@MoonandStars83

Waves

@Brandontaylor

Thanks, it is quite fun to just let them run amok
    and only do soem tiny directions.

• Silver_PicharizSilver_Pichariz Posts: 32 Member
    edited June 2020
    @bekkasan honestly, Marshall needs a bit of little bit of more privacy.
    Hahnecik save:
    Owens aged up into an adult, Jonnys aged up into a young adult - auto given Jonny the hates outdoors trait - which doesn't sunrise me, and I've given Owen the hopeless romantic trait. Danielle's made friends with all of her roommates at uni, and Noeline's still on the honour roll.
    Love The Sims 3: Could Play it for twelve hours straight if I could.
    @bekkasan The seagate expansion is the external drive that I use to store files on:

s-l640.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Gus

d8LzDLt.jpg

Grant

uYVlLAp.jpg

Carrie

aAKyidT.jpg

Emma

p6bvQSQ.jpg

KePlC3p.jpg

Emma is actually a remake of a 2013 Sim which you can see from an pictures:

BcPg2Gb.jpg

HdCWQFM.jpg

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    I ended up losing three Saves, so I decided to make a start on the Oakley Legacy Reboot. Dennis and Iris has just had a child, a boy named Bede (Named after a character from Pokemon Sword and Shield)
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Sleepstar: I'm sorry about you losing your saves. Interesting name Bede. :)

@king_of_simcity7: Glad you got your computer back.

@emorrill: Hello. Will go and read your story in a little while.

@lisasc360: Hello. :)

@CravenLestat: Awesome house.

@thuggishsplicer: Lovely remodel of Rodeo Go Go

@Silverofdreams30: Hello

@bekkasan: Hello. Drools over Marshall

@PalmArrow: Hello

@Brandontaylor: Hello

@Nikkei_Simmer: Hello

@MoonandStars83: Hello

@Silver_Pichariz: Hello

@Karritz: Hello

@Mikezumi: Hello

@all: Thanks for letting me read/comment on your stories/pictures/videos. :)
    :) Smile!

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    Donny, Scout, Nathan and Anne Droid were all outside waiting for me to arrive back home from my semester at the university. I was delayed by a day due to an unexpected snowstorm that had hit after I had left the university, so it was around 2:00 am Monday morning when I had arrived home. So as soon as I got out of my car, I went straight over to Donny to tell him how much I had missed him...
    Y1pxXwMl.jpg

And then gave him the biggest kiss that I could give to anyone... :)
    2ZEoWWDl.jpg

Then we all had headed inside as there was a zombie on the porch as well as the paparazzi hanging around the yard and one other person. As soon we went inside, I had to close the blinds to the window as the paparazzi was trying to take pictures of us through the window. I then gave Nathan one of his comic books after telling him that I missed him and that I love him... :)
    Pj57ok2l.jpg

SS: Here you go Nathan, I got something for you while I was at school. I hope you like it... :)
    Nathan: Thank you mommy... :)
    l1zcpgBl.jpg
    b3OoQDyl.jpg

The zombie was covering his ears probably to drown out what the other sim was saying.
    cXmUbRll.jpg

The zombie tried to scare the sim but the sim thought it was cute that the zombie wanted to play.
    480tZ20l.jpg
    iehzVtVl.jpg

Donny and I had headed to the bedroom to so some snuggling on the bed before we go to sleep for a little bit... :)
    KKRnTY4l.jpg
    suPA8hfl.jpg

Then we started to make out for a little bit... <3<3
    jJwLP3wl.jpg

Nathan tried to tell Scout to stop barking as he was trying to go to sleep.
    DoMGMbSl.jpg

Then we ended up under the covers... :blush:
    QRago8Cl.jpg

We ended up going to sleep afterwards... :)
    PjfQPQDl.jpg

But as soon as I had fallen asleep, Scout comes and wakes me up for whatever reason... :D
    J84PvIVl.jpg

Donny had gotten up as well as it was time for him to get ready for work. I then had to ask Scout why he was waking me up from my sleep... :#
    KN2eiIql.jpg

So before Donny gets dressed for work, he calls Scout over to him so that he can pet him and to tell him that mommy doesn't mean to yell at him... :)
    LCgqa4yl.jpg

After Donny gets ready for work, he heads out the front door to meet up with the carpool... :)
    TCJbnMUl.jpg

Scout had the urge to go dig a hole, so he goes out and digs his hole... :)
    gmHctNtl.jpg

Today is Nathan very first day of school, so heads outside and gets on the bus. He's just hoping that the driver isn't a weirdo or something like that... :# But he introduces himself to the bus driver anyhow... :)
    sgCe8Qml.jpg

Since Scout woke me up, I had decided to go and fix me some pancakes for breakfast after I had to clean out the bad food.
    ln8GjKel.jpg
    zuw52L7l.jpg
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 thank gosh some of your sims have survived, but RIP the others sims made after December 2019
    @Evalen weird to see no updates coming from you - hope your still ok though.

@Silver_Pichariz Thanks for your input, I am fine, to be truthful I got got up in City Skyline, but I am still on my Sims 3 will be posting soon. thanks for your concern that was nice of you.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    Great updates everyone... :)

@Brandontaylor,
    @lisasc360 Let's hope, lol. Stinky roommates.
    Seems there always has to be at least a letter or two, lol
    I bet your SS is the only one who cleans.
    Hope it is a good seed.
    Congrats on the A!
    Nice fish.
    Seems like Brian and Ye are getting along well.
    Looks like your SS had a fun time on the water.
    Great update!
    hehehe, yup stinky roommates... :s
    Yup, my SS is always getting letters from someone it seems like.
    Yeah I think she's the only that cleans as the rest of them just don't care if there is a mess or near... :D
    I hope it is as well... :)
    Thank you... :)
    Thank you, she did get a lot of good fish to take home with her... :)
    That they do. Now Ye can't drain him of his blood now since she is no longer a vampire... :)
    She had a blast windsurfing... :)

@MoonandStars83,
    @lisasc360 Looks like you're having fun at Uni.

@Silverofdreams30,
    @lisasc360

Enjoyed the update.

@bekkasan,
    @lisasc360 About time your Sim was able to go home from Uni. It seems likes she's been there...I dunno...months, years? :grin: I know ya been playing other games.
    Yeah really. She was missing Donny and their son a lot. hehehe, she has been there for months while I had to rename The Sims 3 folder to old and create a new one when my game kept crashing at Christmas when I was doing the ATS3 photo shot for the advent calendar. And yes, I was playing other games a well... :)

@thuggishsplicer,
    @lisasc360 I love how you dress your simself! Great job on grades!
    Thank you and thank you... :)

Nice Go-Go joint... :)

@CravenLestat, cute Sims and cute house... :)

@emorrill, sorry to hear that your hubby got laid off from work... :cry:

@Puddinroy, hi back right at you... :smile:
    @Puddinroy I'm seeing if I can play two active Saves and seeing if the Saves doesn't get corrupted. I decided that for this child to go for a name from the game Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield. If the child was a girl, I would have gone with Opal (A Gym Leader who retires during the game); because the baby was a boy, I named him Bede (After the arrogant rival and Opal's protege); the next couple of kids born will be given names from the original Oakley Legacy (I had eight generations' worth of baby names from the failed Legacy)
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Page 3903, continued

@Nikkei_Simmer I'd be the type who'd read the whole thing, lol. Just over the first couple weeks of quarantine I finished two long Sims stories. It may take me a while but I may start reading yours soon.
    Kind of skimmed over the fanfiction excerpt but was surprised that VJ may be River and Haruo's murderer.

@thuggishsplicer Thanks, got five werewolves all together. Two of the triplets will be moving out soon though.
    It is. Now they are young adults, got to get them through graduation then Abigail and Evan will be leaving. Although, we may see Abigail get married, not sure yet. Evan will be left up to SP to hook him up, although he did meet a single lady in the update I'm posting in a few.
    Your lot looks great!
    Sounds like the Castro's are doing well.
    Great winter pic!
    Love the pic with JP and Lily.
    That is a cool painting.
    Great update!

@CravenLestat Looking nice so far. Can't wait to see more!

@emorrill It's understandable that you had other things to take care of.
    Heard of Plain White T's but not sure I've heard anything by them.
    When you first started this story and I got back on the forums, I did read a bit on the Stardew Valley Wiki. Didn't read everyones bio's but I think I will on your blog.

@king_of_simcity7 I hope it went well.
    Great pics of your Sims!

@bekkasan You're welcome.
    I thought they did. Just been a while since I read that part of the story. Guess my memory is better than I thought, lol
    I wonder if the King went to the normal world if he'd feel any better or if it'd make him even more afraid of letting his descendants live there?
    Looking forward to seeing the new castle.
    I ended up going another route than what I said, used MC to remove occult then added it back. That worked better than my other idea. Not sure their werewolf faces are the same as they were but good enough, lol.
    Nice picture of Marshall. I can see he isn't very happy.

@Silverofdreams30 I've tried that before. It's funny to see what they decide to do. Unfortunately, last time they just read books most of the day.

@Puddinroy Hi, hope you are doing well.

@lisasc360 I bet your SS is glad to be home.
    Yeah, let the paparazzi get attacked by the zombie, lol
    Guess the zombie isn't as scary as he thinks he is.
    Must have tired themselves out. :wink:
    Lol, sounds like my dog. He wakes me up for no reason too.
    Hope Nathan's day goes well at school.
    Great update!
    You're welcome.
    Langerak Family Update

9mtaZ5M.jpg
    L4U only has two plants to take care of right now as the snow is still on the ground. This update takes place about 7:00 AM on the same day the triplets aged up.

wgjL3oO.jpg
    Someone keeps making coffee and I'm not sure who. Regardless, Ariana took a cup for herself.

4SK7MCh.jpg
    Dwight had work today so he went to the police department. He is still a Snitch right now so he has to be careful not to get caught.

VYkXTk3.jpg
    Melanie has been working on a book of poetry as the royalties from it are bigger and will help her reach her LTW.

sZaI7i8.jpg
    Abigail wants to be an astronaut so she has been working out to reach that goal. She only has a few more days left at her childhood home (and being under my control) so I'm trying to give her a nice head start.

FBkAkD5.jpg
    Evan has the artistic trait so he likes to paint more than the others do. His days under my control are limited as well.

9r8d87P.jpg
    Ariana paid the bills and got the mail. The family got some copies of Melanie's books in the mail.

7yNdVCn.jpg
    oVRi5bG.jpg
    Abigail went to take a handiness class for her future career while her siblings went to the gym. She joined them there soon after. All three of them now at least have 3 points in the athletic skill.

gNBdzdT.jpg
    The fairy I made a couple months ago is still around. Her name was Rain Forest but she is now Rain Sekemoto as she married Sam Sekemoto. He passed away and she is single again so Evan said hello. They are attracted to each other so I believe I'll try to set them up before moving him out.

ptBvHho.jpg
    It's still cold out so after working out, I sent the triplets to the gym pool for some fun. Abigail and Ariana had an underwater hold your breath contest, which Ariana won.

DziGcCA.jpg
    Melanie ordered a pizza for the family. Dwight got his promotion and is now a Desk Jockey so Melanie decided they'd celebrate.

QpgToG1.jpg
    The family all sat down to eat but Evan had to be woken up as he went to bed and Dwight had to get kicked off the block breaker to get his slice. Then the family stayed up about an hour more before headed to bed.

***Wow, this post is my 2500 post on the forums! Here's to another 2500!
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Midnight Hollow, The Ballan Family
    Adam's Quest

Adam and Marshall arrive in Moonlight Falls later that evening. It was a long drive and they took turns at the wheel. Marshall decides when they return home he is going to look around for a car to drive. He likes Adam's mustang but will do some research before buying one. Adam calls ahead to Flora and Bryce to let them know they will be in town briefly. Flora immediately invites them to visit once they get to town. "I'll even cook," she tells Adam. Flora and Bryce are enjoying each other's company when the guys arrived. Bryce invites them inside, and Flora prepared a lovely dinner. It was fun catching up on all that had happened since leaving Moonlight Falls. Flora was so happy that Adam was reunited with both sides of his family. She was not surprised he turned down being the heir to the throne. "Now, I want to see pictures of all those babies." Adam and Marshall opened their wallets and shared pictures of Kailena, Drew, Fillian, and Willow.
    Bryce enthuses over the house in the pictures showing how old it is. Adam and Marshall explain the history of Red Dragon Lair, and how they are exploring and studying the relics found in the underground rooms. Flora laughs at Bryce's enthusiasm. "Remember you are retired from exploring!" Adam smiles at both of them. "You are welcome to come and visit anytime. We would love to have you and show you around."
    50044242798_855117e518_o.jpg
    50045064747_b6d19edbfe_o.jpg
    50044806901_ea27e44592_o.jpg

In Dragon Valley, Dedric and Wisteria climb one of the towers to observe the stars from the heights. Alice reads one of the journals from the records room after getting Kailena settled in her crib. Jennifer is back at her computer finishing up an interview.
    50004203023_cc19d2a78a_o.jpg
    50004724616_9f85b1440f_o.jpg
    50004724641_1846b25345_o.jpg

Jennifer's phone rings. It's Marshall. Jennifer tells him all about his son's day and how she tried to keep Drew and herself busy so they wouldn't miss him too much. She shakes her head. "That didn't work at all. We missed you so very much anyway."
    Marshall hears the sadness in her voice. "I miss both of you. We will be meeting with the local clan in the morning and heading out into the hills after that. I love you. Take care of you and Drew."
    Jennifer keeps her voice as cheerful as she can. "I love you, Marshall. Be careful."
    50004984137_f413f623d4_o.jpg
    50045099732_5caf4e2af2_o.jpg

Alice's phone rings. It's Adam. The joy of hearing his voice shines on her face. "Kailena tried to stay awake to talk to you, but couldn't keep her eyes open any longer." Adam tells Alice he will try to call earlier tomorrow so he can chat with Kailena too.
    "Flora and Bryce send their love and happiness to you and Kailena. We showed them pictures, and Flora was surprised we hadn't had a second one already." Adam laughs. Alice feels a little guilty but she knows if she tells him he will be in the car headed back home. "I love you, Adam, you be careful and come home safely!"
    50004202903_33ebea4b1a_o.jpg
    50044278733_5e9fc0de52_o.jpg

After Alice hangs up she is too restless to go back to reading her book. She looks at the wedding picture on the wall of her and Adam. She knows she cannot go to sleep yet. She chats with her dragon telling her how much she misses her husband and all about the baby she is going to have. The dragon looks at her like he understands what she is saying.
    50004724496_e935fac52b_o.jpg
    50004724481_6253a2097d_o.jpg

Jennifer hangs up from talking with Marshall and feeling hungry goes over to the main house to fix a snack. Her favorite comfort food is grilled cheese sandwiches. Alice hears someone downstairs in the house. She sniffs and thinks someone is cooking. Suddenly, she is hungry. She finds Jennifer cooking sandwiches and asks her to add one for her. The girls enjoy their midnight snack and conversation.
    50004724456_478c0ed5c7_o.jpg
    50004724406_8ccabc5c67_o.jpg
    50004983947_d3e47d2699_o.jpg

Unable to sleep Jennifer starts writing another mystery novel. Eventually, she tires and heads upstairs to bed.
    50004983827_762ccff228_o.jpg

Alice falls asleep on the couch while watching TV.
    50004724316_54e09303d1_o.jpg

Dawn finally arrives after a long night for two of the women in the household.
    50004202603_f0a5cef63c_o.jpg
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Whooosh!!!

hE23OVt.png

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @Silver_Pichariz Sounds interesting.
    ****Yay, Danielle!
    ****Congrats, Owen!

@Sleepstar Sorry to hear that.
    ****Good luck!
    ****Sorry about your saves.

@king_of_simcity7 Congrats!
    ****Good old Seagate.
    ****Great Sims.

@Brandontaylor Good luck with your sliders.
    ****Mmm... pizza.

@Nikkei_Simmer Interesting story.

@thuggishsplicer Thank you. All I did was age her down.
    ****Great pics!

@CravenLestat Nice lot.
    ****Cute girl.

@emorrill Good luck with your writing.

@bekkasan Yeah, the casual wear was what threw me. I always think of royalty as dressing in semi-formal all the time since that's what they're most photographed in.
    ****Great update! Good luck with Jennifer's novel.

@lisasc360 That was a warm welcome.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Inspired by @Sleepstar I used Porter to move the Taylors. While it didn't bring the actual lot with them, I was able to place the EA-made lot into Appaloosa Plains and play the game. I haven't tested the Map feature yet, but I did manage to get a picture this time.

YLYn0Gj.jpg

Until next time!
    ~MaS83
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Alrighty everyone, comments time. :) Starting from my story post.

@Silver_Pichariz Welcome. :)
    thank god Harvey did that - wouldn't of been better to call an ambulance? Just wondering!
    ^It would have, but they don't have that luxury in this new world they landed in. ;) The Wizard from Stardew Valley (the game) sent them on a strange quest that all 12 of them really have no idea what it's about - they've speculated - and Harvey and a couple of the other guys discovered there's no medical care around or even a hospital. :open_mouth: If you're curious how the story all begins you can read it over in the Sims 3 Stories and Legacies section. It's titled "Pelican Town to Sims Town." Thanks for the comment. :)

@king_of_simcity7 Yuuuup. All the people who don't believe COVID is real are out ruining it for all of us. I wish people would just wake up to the severity of it already...
    YAY! I'm so happy your computer is fixed! :star:

@Silverofdreams30 I've missed your little messages to me on Facebook in the past few days. Everything okay? :kissing_heart:
    Thanks for the comments on my story post. <3
    Yeah it would seem if Emily hadn't called Elliott, Shane probably would've slipped away because he was sound asleep, as well as Harvey, and he couldn't remember who was supposed to check on him next. 🤦‍♀️ It was a divine intervention for sure. I do like to add those into my stories sometimes. :p
    It was a doozy driving in the big city, but all in all it was a good trip and daughter behaved well. I'm proud of her. :)
    Matt is a cutie. :love: Heck, ALL your guy sims are! :grin:

@Nikkei_Simmer Yay you were able to find your old Selfacy file! That's great! :smiley:
    Your recent story updates have been so incredibly written and real emotional. I don't think I can look at Fiona in the same way, and that's not a bad thing. ;) Great job!

@PalmArrow I know I already said this in my story thread, but it was nice to see you back. <3 Hope all has been well with you. It was nice to see what the Gants have been up to again. :)

@MoonandStars83
    Poor dude. Hope he gets better soon.
    ^Yup, alcohol withdrawal is pretty nasty! :cry: He will, especially with a good woman (and Doctor) by his side. ;)
    I might be listening to "Green Day" at the moment. :p
    Thanks. :) I plan to write out an outline of what I want to have happen in the next chapter tonight. Once hubby is out of work in a few days I hope the emotions involved with that don't kill my motivation and ability to write. :(

@Brandontaylor Thanks for the comments on my story. <3
    Oh yeah Elliott and Sebastian were totally too scared to go in there. :lol:
    Yup, Shane really needed someone to smack some sense into him. Were you kinda surprised it wasn't Harvey that was able to do it? :smirk: He needed a strong - and emotionally connected - woman to! :grin: And really, Emily isn't the bold and commanding type like that, so it makes you wonder what drove her to be? ;)
    I think it's good Emily knows about Jas, that was a good way to get his attention.
    ^Yes! :star:
    ----
    Heard of Plain White T's but not sure I've heard anything by them.
    ^Oh you have my friend. :blush: Remember the hit "Hey There Delilah" back in 2007? It was ALL over the radio. :) And "Rhythm of Love?" That's their song too. ;) Every album they put out they have a different sound and I love that because it shows their versatility as musicians. :star:
    They do so many romantic songs and that's why I'm drawn to their music and love them so much, but there are a few non-romantic songs that I LOVE as well. Like this one:
    If you can't view the video let me know, but I think you're in the states right? So you should be okay. This was back in their "Emo" days. :lol: I love how WAY into the music the lead singer gets sometimes. :p That dancing in front of the mic!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpBjJ0dp2mc
    Been enjoying your updates as always. :)
    ***Wow, this post is my 2500 post on the forums! Here's to another 2500!
    ^Awesome! :smiley: Yeah, keep them coming! :mrgreen:

@CravenLestat Woah! Your SS daughter is gorgeous! :star: And so is Paulina! You are the KING with creating beautiful lady sims!
    Alina looks great! :star: I like her pink hair. :blush:

@bekkasan
    Your writing about Shane's agony and DT's was spot on.
    ^Thank you again for that compliment. <3 That meant a lot as I was hoping I could illustrate it accurately and get it right through words.
    Awesome kick Harvey! Has he been practicing his martial arts and not revealing that to anyone? :grin:
    ^Maybe! :joy: There's still so much we don't know about him...
    Yup, there is a deep rooted hatred for Harvey in Shane (as you could see it was there even through his delirium). I may have a reason for that. :smirk:
    Wowsers! I don't want to get on Emily's bad side! She really gave Shane a what we in the south call a 'come to Jesus talk'.
    ^LOL! :joy::joy: I still love that!
    It's funny he doesn't want anyone knowing his business when they all know he is a drunk and has an attitude problem from back home. He is certainly not thinking straight.
    ^Yeah, he's not. But I think he meant more that he didn't want anyone finding out about his personal life before he came to town. Doctors always want to know your medical history and he knows he's an alcoholic and didn't want someone telling him to quit drinking when he feels like he can't (we all get that struggle going to the Doctor) and it's possible he did drugs too and didn't want to admit to that. We dunno. 🤷‍♀️ :smirk:
    Yep, Harvey make it stop already!
    ^Yup, FINALLY! :lol:
    Yes Emily will continue to make sure he gets the help he needs and she'll make for DARN sure he never drinks again when they get back home! She's just what he needed.
    Thanks for the comments. <3 Like I said I had a grin on my face the whole time I was reading them. :mrgreen:
    ----
    I know we talked already about your FANTASTIC story update, but I'll share a few more things here. ;)
    At the beginning I was like, "Ohhhh boy. What does the King want to talk with Kaifindar about? It seems serious..." :flushed: (I'll use K for short after this. ;) )
    You described very well that kick to the gut feeling in K that happens when life throws you a curve ball.
    When he began expressing his dislike to the bonding ritual, I was like: :scream: "Daaang boy!" Then I was worried the King was going to go Ape on him for speaking his mind so flippantly. :worried: Glad he didn't and somewhat composed himself.
    But man, I could really see where K was coming from and my heart was breaking for him. :cry: He indeed should be with the one his heart longs for, not who the Fates feel is best for him. Even if that way isn't bad and still works, I can see how it wouldn't work for everybody...especially when times are changing.
    He sure guilt tripped his dad with that one. :open_mouth:
    Uh oh, the full name call! :lol:
    So Finnian didn't know what his dad was going to do... I'm so glad he has K's back (as all dad's should). <3
    I was praying King Aagda would compromise.
    "It is a valuable lesson to learn early in life to not let anger lead you into saying things you will regret. You will be a better King if you learn that lesson well. Anger has its place, but use it wisely."
    ^Yes! :star: (One I hope L will learn that sooner rather than later...)
    Loved learning about the Fairy's history there! :) It all makes sense. But yeah, times are different now. ;)
    "Now, about Kaifindar going to college," Finnian challenges his Dad. "I know you are not in agreement with it, but he is my son and I respect your wishes and thoughts. I also must consider Daria, mine, and Kaifindar's wishes. He is an intelligent young man, and I think learning more about the world outside the Realm will make him a better King someday.
    ^Yes, yes, yes! Right on Finnian! :star:
    *Gasp!* :open_mouth: They're gonna make Finnian King NOW? :grin:
    I have to say this was one of your BEST chapters! :star: Superb writing and I could feel the emotions of each and every character involved. I'm glad a compromise was made to where all will be happy, especially K. <3 Great job!
    ----
    Hee hee, thanks for listening to the song (yay you agree they sound a little like the Beatles :grin:), even if it was pretty repetitive at the end there. :lol: I just rock to the beat and don't usually notice when they get repetitive. :mrgreen:
    Ooooooohhhh! :open_mouth: What a lovely picture of Marshall you surprised me with this morning! <3<3 Rub a dub dub! :love::joy:
    ----
    Yay for more of your story! :smiley:
    Flora is gonna cook huh? How can the guys pass up that? :smirk: She and Bryce are such nice folks and I love that pic of them kissing. <3 Sounds like they had a nice time catching up. :)
    The phone calls were SO romantic! <3
    Marshall's smile. <3<3
    "Flora and Bryce send their love and happiness to you and Kailena. We showed them pictures, and Flora was surprised we hadn't had a second one already." Adam laughs.
    ^I chuckled at that too. :lol: If only he knew. ;) But I respect Alice's reasons for not telling him and probably would've done the same in her shoes.
    Aww, I'm glad someone was there for her to share her innermost feelings too, even if he's a dragon. ;)<3
    OMGosh Grilled cheese sandwiches ARE the best comfort food! :yum: Girl time! <3
    Another wonderful update. :kissing_heart:

@thuggishsplicer Thanks for the compliment on Emily. :) I'm glad I found that cuter hairstyle for her.
    Awwww at JP and Lily playing peek-a-boo. <3

@Puddinroy Hello back buddy. :)
    Will go and read your story in a little while.
    ^Please do. I'd love to hear your thoughts. :blush:

@lisasc360 NICE KISS! <3
    2ZEoWWDl.jpg
    ^Scout watching. :lol:
    Ugh Zombies...
    Is that a pic of Donny posing above the bed? :lol:
    Looks like you two had a great evening. :smirk:
    sorry to hear that your hubby got laid off from work... :cry:
    ^Thanks. <3 Thankfully we have a bit of money saved up and he'll get a severance package, but looking for a job is no fun at all. :( I pray he finds one very soon, no matter where it leads us. We're kinda feeling like it would be a good change for us to move even though we do love it here.
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited June 2020
    @Puddinroy Hello. For some reason I've been adding a 'w' to the end of Hello each time I type if over the past few weeks. I wish I'd stop doing that.

I've been busy. This includes working on two videos. I am well into the next episode of The Perfect Genetics Challenge with Gary and Chas aging up and starting their careers.

I added Donna's household to the save and got instant error 12s and Donna kicked Mabel out of the house so I reverted to the earlier save with no Donna's household. When I'm ready for them I'll add that household back into the game and move Donna to Gary's household and maybe move a couple of the other young adults out to their own homes.

In this episode there are three birthdays. The first was pushed onto me by the game. Baby Max became a toddler.

A bit later in the episode Gary ages up to Young Adult and then Chas, Gary's Imaginary Friend made real, ages up to YA too.

Gary joins the Magician Career and Chas becomes an Acrobat. This is according to their lifetime wishes. I've had magicians before but only one acrobat. I'd love to be playing Chas as the main character but won't be able to do that so I might 'export' him to a Sims3Pack file and use him in another game one day so I can explore the acrobat career.

Towards the end of the video they attend their graduation ceremony.

I didn't get a screenshot of Gary and Chas, I did get them performing for tips on video so you can see them starting their careers if you watch the video when I post it. It'll still be a few days yet before I finish it I suspect.
    Chas001.jpg

Chas studying in the library.
    Chas002.jpg

Gary in his graduation robes at home.
    Gary001.jpg

Prue also at the library still in her formal dress she wore to the graduation ceremony. Prue is the most recent addition to the household as the imaginary friend made real previously belonging to James. (I'm not sure if Max arrived before or after her so baby Max could be the most recent addition to the household.) The point is she doesn't have many skills.
    Prue001.jpg

Gary was born in game to Olivia and Don. Chas and Prue are imaginary friends made real. Gary has inherited Don's greenish skin. It is a skin made by EA. I didn't have mods or custom skins in the game initially. When Gary aged up to young adult I took him into CAS and tried to give him a custom skin but decided to keep his original skin. I think I've taken all of the Imaginary Friends into CAS and given them custom skins when they were first made real.

Before I try to introduce Donna's household to the game again, I think I'll get Gary and Co established in their own homes.

I have 18 sims in the Perfect Genetics household right now and three more imaginary friends to be made real (they belong to Don's three alien children). I plan to keep Gary at home with his parents and add Donna to that household so quite a few of the current residents of the main household will need to move out in the next few episodes.

I have my sims on epic free will so anything can happen. I do also tell them what to do but, unless I'm controlling them, I leave it up to them to work out what to do next. More and more often I'm following their wishes when deciding what they should do next. They don't get all of their wishes granted.

I've been trying to maximise their skills. Especially the Imaginary Friends made real as they are starting from scratch at a time when their previous owners were reasonably well skilled so there are crash courses in skilling going on including visits to the library to read skill books fast.

When I aged Chas up (immediately after Gary aged up) I discovered he has a Romantic Interest. She is the IF made real belonging to James. Her name is Prue. She was turned real very recently as I was initially planning to leave her as a doll and not make her real. I'm glad I did make her real as I like her much more as a real Sim. I plan to encourage the relationship between Chas and Prue. At the moment that's a bit difficult because he's a Young Adult now and she's still a teen. I'm rushing her through some skilling and preparing to age up James and Prue next episode. Once they are Young Adults I'll organise a wedding for Prue and Chas in my Indoor Outdoor Wedding venue. I'm hoping to have quite a few weddings in the next few episodes.

Once Prue and Chas are married I'll move them out to live together somewhere in Moonlight Falls. I might end up having to add extra worlds to this save to get everyone settled. I hope they have a few babies. I'm not sure yet what to do with James. He doesn't have a romantic interest. I might find him a partner and move them out, or I might just move him out on his own to live the life of an eternal bachelor.

So my plan after this episode, and it's always subject to change without notice, is to
    1, get James and Prue aged up to Young Adult.
    2. Get Chas and Prue married and moved out to their own home
    3. Move James out to his own home with or without a partner. I can always add him a partner later on if he doesn't find one all by himself.
    4. Age Owen and his imaginary friend Trish, up to Young Adult Trish has a potential romantic interest in the household and he is younger so won't age up for a while. I might move out Owen at some point no definite plans for him yet but I do need to make space.
    5. Age Cindy up to Young Adult. I will need to age Bill up at some point before this happens. Technically, he should have aged up before Gary as he was older than Gary even though Gary has been in the game longer.
    6. Get Cindy and Bill married and starting having babies. I might age Olivia and Don up to Adult at some point before this happens too. I was going to wait for the game to age them up but they are still only half way through their YA stage and their children are now becoming young adults and they are about to become grandparents. Cindy and Bill will stay in the main house as they will inherit is as Cindy is the heir.
    7. Just keep moving sims out until I can add Donna to the household. Then she will get to know Gary and they can have a wedding in the venue I mentioned earlier.

Here are some pics of the Wedding Venue. They can choose to have the ceremony indoors in the chapel or outdoors in the garden. I don't think I've used it before for a video of a successful wedding. I tried it for Don and Olivia's wedding but it took a few goes to get them both there at the same time and Don was not dressed in formal attire due to him not being in Olivia's household. I had no control over him. And he kept running off to go to work. That's why this time I'm having the various couples in the main household for their weddings so I can control them and others in the wedding parties. I have previously posted pictures of weddings I've had in this venue but they were just screen shots, not videos.

Wedding-Venue001.jpg

Wedding-Venue002.jpg

Wedding-Venue003.jpg

Wedding-Venue004.jpg

Wedding-Venue005.jpg

Wedding-Venue006.jpg

Wedding-Venue007.jpg

The other thing I've been doing is redoing my earlier tutorial on how to put steps inside a foundation. I discovered at some time it got a copyright claim on it as there was the music that plays in build mode audible in places. I had it turned right down so it was barely audible. I tried the tool YouTube provides to get rid of the music. It deleted all sound from the video. So the narration which is the bit we needed was gone too. Then I thought I'd just take the original video and remove all of the sound that is from the game and re-upload it. But I watched it first and decided it was a pretty bad attempt at a video. I know I struggled with it. So I did it again from scratch. This new version is less than half the size of the original. I think it is easier to follow too. At least I hope it is. Here's the link:
    https://youtu.be/FbtfU3G6-lw

Page 3904, continued

@bekkasan Glad to see Adam and Marshall got to visit Bryce and Flora.
    That tower would be a good place to watch stars.
    At least Jennifer knows Adam and Marshall are alright for now.
    Same for Alice knowing they are alright.
    The dragons are nice companions for their humans.
    It was nice that the two ladies took sometime to chat with each other.
    Great update!

@CravenLestat Great job on Alina! She looks great!

@MoonandStars83 Thanks. I ended up going a different, easier route. I just removed their occult status with MC and then added it back. Using CAS to do the faces would have worked but I realized there are a few more things to make a werewolf look right.
    I know, it sounds good. I already had some on Friday but I'm a pizza lover so I'm always up for it.
    Glad you got to play the Taylors.

@emorrill You're welcome.
    I can kind of see why, when Shane throws things at them. I know why he does though.
    Shane needs Emily in his life. I hope they end up together when he starts to get his life straightened out.
    Lol, I completely forgot they did they sang "Hey There Delilah." I have a friend who was a sportscaster on our local NBC station. He was one of several co-hosts on a St. Jude Telethon that their station sponsors and he sang it with a girl who had cancer. She was getting treatment at St. Jude in Peoria, IL but sadly passed away a year or two after that. It hit him hard when she passed.
    I will, lol. I guess the number counts the 15 discussions I started too so looks like I got to hit 2515 posts to get the 2500 comments badge.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top