Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Simon is falling for Humara

ZQd2vLy.jpg

Everyone heads to the SU

kzssOnJ.jpg

Anna has Jamie wrapped around her finger

i2fMnoy.jpg

Nick cracks a few jokes

CaT9btR.jpg

Simon is getting suspicious

mwyuva8.jpg

Megan practices speaking in public

Na8Avd2.jpg

Other than Tammy there is no one else there

Qv5uuWr.jpg

Later Simon cooks spaghetti for everyone

TePt6Ci.jpg

Everyone later gets ready for bed

Rupp2k3.jpg

For some reason Humara is dreaming about Nick!

i8hq7ty.jpg

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,764 Member
    So usually I type up feedback by putting up two tabs. One I use to type up feedback, the other is the posts. This makes it easier for me to do feedback, but I accidentally hit something and it deleted it. Probably should hit save draft more often but not sure how reliable it is. Anyway, I'm going to start feedback at my last post.

Page 3872, continued

@MoonandStars83 I like travelling in my games, mainly because WA was one of the first EP's I got.

@Emily4331 Wow, the Paralives characters look too cartoonish for me, at least for a Sims competitor.
    Good example with the two different Persona games.

@Nikkei_Simmer Wow, it sure did grow.
    I wish she could attack the zombie, that would be fun.

@rubyskywalker Not sure how to get it if it doesn't show up there. You do have Nvidia, right? Just making sure.

@king_of_simcity7 Good luck at university to your Sims.
    A couple of them seem to like their beds, judging by the thought bubbles
    Always nice to have enough bathrooms.
    Great update!

@bekkasan You're welcome.
    I guess so, I'd probably just stab into the pancake though. Never used chopsticks though as I am a picky eater and don't have a great food selection that I like. :lol:
    Thanks, the zombie was unplanned. Sure didn't waste any time showing up when the full moon appeared.
    I know, I like to give everyone some kind of feedback but I guess it happens sometimes.
    By the way, didn't get any more of your Ballan story read over the weekend, but I'm not playing tonight so I plan on it once feedback is posted.
    Nice to see Gramps joined the family.
    Aww, the kitties are cute.

@turjan He looks relaxed.

Page 3873

@meerkattime Lol, I was mean to them. They used to have perfect food when Christopher was alive.
    Great way to get a shower and raise the fun meter, lol
    You're welcome. Good luck to her!
    I don't how that would work out. I'd probably just stab it, and eat it that way.

@king_of_simcity7 Hopefully Humara doesn't break his heart.
    Jamie should be a bit more aware and not be completely devoted.
    Always good to be a great speaker.
    Great update!
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    edited May 2020
    @bekkasan I wasn't suggesting the game be in anime style, I was just using Persona to show how two similar art concepts can be dramatically different in terms of appeal. Since the sims and other life sims try to balance cartoony and realistic, but I personally prefer when it leans more toward realistic (like Sims 2 and 3) and less cartoony (like TS4 and Paralives).

Edit: TBH, though, I've always wanted and would play the heck out of a life sim type anime game. :lol:
    edited May 2020
    @meerkattime and @Brandontaylor Thanks for the comments :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    edited May 2020
    @Turjan

Cool screenshot,
    how can you place a tub outside like that?

@meerkattime

Thank you, been playing random stuff so far this week
    so no new update yet.

@bekkasan

Thank you for the comments, it is a quite fun world to
    explore but the texture stuff can be a bit annoying.

@Brandontaylor

Lots that happened in that update, I enjoyed
    it.
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited May 2020
    @meerkattime It sure is. Did you end up playing more with Mea?

@Brandontaylor Yes, he seems to like it. He loves the outdoors, which probably helps. Let's see whether your family will get a new good cook, or whether you decide not to bother :wink: .

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks. The tub was already there in Rflong7's world. It's done the normal way, with a room underneath that isn't used. As the building is an underground station with a bar/dance club in the upper part, the room below the tub is just blacked out.
    UlToJQD.jpg
    You can place a hot tub into a frieze though and still use the room below the frieze. The recent recreation of Pleasantview uses that method on the Lothario and Caliente houses, in order to get close to how they looked in Sims2.
    J2jgKTM.jpg
    I don't remember the exact steps, but in some mode (with cheats on, plus buydebug? moveobjects?), you can delete the part with the pipes and tanks below the tub. You can't delete the tub part itself, that's why you need the frieze, but I think this is already a pretty good solution.

@Emily4331 I can understand where you come from. I was looking at those "sims" in Paralives and thought "Next!"
    The low number of developers (1-3) is certainly an explanation why it looks that way, but I won't pretend I like what I see just in order to be polite, if I won't be interested in the product in the end. Not a big deal, and I hope enough people like it for the developer to succeed, but it isn't for me.

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    edited May 2020
    Hey friends! :smiley:

Forgive me for being gone for so many days. Camping was just lovely and it took a couple of days after returning home to regain my bearings and get back into simming and writing.

I wanted to share a couple of pictures from our camping trip just to give y'all a glimpse into why I LOVED being there and would've spent a whole week there in the camper with my family if I could have! (This being without drama! :lol: )

Here's the view from our campsite. <3 The creek was my favorite part of it all! Doesn't it all look...breathtaking?

view-from-camp.jpg

A little close up of the creek. :) I took a few pictures of it. I love the sound of flowing water and wish we could've camped right beside it so I could've fallen asleep to it at night. <3

creek.jpg

There was no cell service out there and that's alright because I needed to get away from everyday life, get out into nature, spend time with family and unwind from all the stress of COVID-19 restrictions and lockdown and all that jazz. It's JUST what I needed! :relieved:

Anyway, I FINALLY decided to add Supernatural to my game. (I know I made bekkasan proud with that. :mrgreen::p;) ) So I checked out Moonlight Falls and played a newly married couple for a little bit. (The one where the gal is a vampire and a police officer and she met her husband while arresting him. :lol: I'll check out their names later. ) The houses in that world are very well built and pretty! And I LOVE that snow-capped mountain!!! :love: So far I'm having fun with it and promise to post pics of some of my random gameplay from it later. :)

Right now I must catch up on comments! I'm about 4 1/2 pages behind. :grimace: Better than 8 or 10 like how it used to be! :lol::p

Ahem!

@meerkattime
    Have fun on your camping trip :) . I'm glad you had a good time with your sister-in-law and the family.
    ^Thanks girl. <3 I indeed did. Except for some drama that ensued between our daughters, but all in all it was fun and wonderful to be out in nature like that. :blush:
    I hope you are doing well. :kissing_heart: I STILL need to send you a reply PM. :( Forgive me.
    Sorry to hear your save with Mea and Maura got corrupted and you lost Maura. :cry: But it can be exciting to "go back in time" and give a different life to one of your sim characters. :) I love Mea's top!
    Oh yes those are some lovely males you plopped in. ;):love:

@GraceyManor Robert (Edward) Mulhare huh? He hasn't done much looking at Wikipedia. That's why I've never heard of him. :p
    Still enjoying your story. :) Dr. Eric huh? He's kind of a cutie and I wonder if Carolyn will develop a thing for him. :smirk: Since he's actually alive and all. :lol:;)
    I think it's cute Jonathan can see Daniel and thinks he's real. <3
    Love this picture (and the romance in this scene. :mrgreen: )
    Screenshot-7.jpg
    Ha ha at Daniel doing something to Eric to make him feel too tired to take a walk on the beach with Carolyn. :smirk: I don't think she's going to like that... :p

@king_of_simcity7 It's nice to see all your characters again and read about all their life shenanigans. :)

@Nikkei_Simmer Well HEY buddy! :smiley: You're back with a bang! ;) It's so great to see you and I'm glad to hear you got a laptop to play on now. :) It's enjoyable to see your excitement about playing again and replaying all your favorite characters. :blush: River and Haruo stranded on an island made me chuckle, but you know all their romantic interactions I just soak up. :p<3
    Thanks for pointing out how to electrocute Paparazzo :smirk: as I will SO be trying that while playing. :lol:

@Turjan I am so sorry to hear you're feeling so sick. :cry: I hope you feel better very soon. 🙏
    Wow! Awesomely decorated rooms!

@Brandontaylor Enjoying your posts as always. :) WA adventures are so fun! I wish someone would take Shang Simla and make it into a playable world. It's absolutely GORGEOUS! <3
    *Gasp*
    lJXPOZY.jpg?1
    Ava looks absolutely lovely with that hair! :smiley:
    I understand wanting to find something more similar to her original one, but if you can't this style really does suit her. :) Thanks for sharing. <3
    Ugh...losing all the feedback you type up is awful! :confounded: No worries, everyone understands. :kissing_heart:

@MoonandStars83 Thanks. :) I had a lovely time, for the most part, on the camping trip.
    Yeah my former BF's books look a bit too military Sci-Fi for me, but I don't doubt he killed it with the writing. :star: He was is a very intelligent one. ;) I am curious to maybe read a little of one of his books just to see how his writing style is. :p
    I'm so sorry your house got rejected by MTS. :cry: {{{{Hugs}}}} Rejection has always been hard for me and I know it's what's held me back in writing and publishing a book. Someday I'll get over that fear. But I admire how you went back and asked them what you could've done better. :star: Did they respond to you on that? I hope so.

@Silverofdreams30 I look forward to more of your Teen Witch story. :blush:
    Julia is such a pretty sim. :)

@bekkasan
    I hope you enjoy the camping and don't get bit by bugs, critters or bears! :open_mouth:
    ^Lol! I will admit I was afraid of running into a Moose again! :lol:
    All 14 of them were bundled up there? :smiley: Wow! :lol: I feel bad for poor Willow being stood on...how did she survive? ;):p
    Of course Marshall is a good dad. :smirk:<3

@Karritz YouTube rules has become so much more ridiculous over the years, especially when it comes to music. :unamused: And some people are Na'zi's about it and report the heck out of someone using copyrighted songs, just to feel special about themselves. (Sorry, I'm being awful at the moment... )
    Thanks for sharing the link to that Scolding mod! :) I've added it into my game to check out later.

@Emily4331 I loved reading your "long winded" thoughts on Paralives' Maggie. :lol:
    I will admit I was a little disappointed with her as well. I think her chest bone looks really LONG (so in turn her b00bs look weird) and her shoulders look too masculine. :confused:
    I'm one of those people who think she's a good mix between cartoony and real actually. Ha ha! :lol: I do hope they improve on her because yeah, if the game is gonna be a worthy competitor to The Sims it NEEDS to have more realistic looking Paras and WOW the heck out of everyone. I agree with pretty much everything bekkasan said about it.
    I'm with you, I'll for sure play it when the game comes out, but nothing will ever replace my love for The Sims 3. <3 I like how you said your ideal sim is if TS2 and TS3 sims had a baby! :lol: You know...I think I would like that too. ;)
    I'm not into anime a whole lot, but I can see how so many others are. I'm sure that before we know it, someone will come up with an anime style life simulation game. :) And I'll immediately think of you. :blush:

Caught up! :) Will share some random gameplay pics later, but now I gotta head back to bed. Woke up with a nasty case of acid reflux (curse eating out at Denny's so late! I feel like I'm getting old!) and felt it was a good time to type out feedback while my throat cleared and I don't have any distractions from hubby and daughter. :p

Happy Simming my friends!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Turjan I will have to remember that if I am ever able to use Mountain Lake. I have many of her worlds in my Worlds folder for that someday use. :smiley:

@meerkattime Thanks so much for commenting. :smiley:
    It's not wrong to hook her up with a paparazzi, but it is hard to have a relationship with a homeless sim or even a role sim because of them disappearing out of the world or their job. I do believe once they move in with your sim they are no longer considered homeless and would lose the role they have.

@king_of_simcity7 And life marches on in uni world. :grin:

@Brandontaylor Thanks so much for the comments. :smiley:
    I use the save draft button after each comment. I've never lost a comment post that way. I've posted early accidentally a few times by hitting the post comment button instead of save draft. :D

@Emily4331
    I do realize you were not suggesting an anime style but doing a comparison. I guess I didn't make that very clear if that is what you thought. I was specifically commenting on my preferences for a life sandbox game and anime would not be my choice. I would prefer more realism versus cartoon style. And, Em actually went out and found that Alex is not averse to adding supernatural play as I had read on the forum here. :smiley: The reddit article said it would be for future updates. I guess I need to figure out Reddit and get my news there rather than the forums here. :lol: So, all will depend on how things look as they progress with the game. I'm interested in seeing the gameplay as well as will I have choices like Nraas mods give me in sims 3. I like having total control even to the point of no flirting if I want a particular sim to be faithful which is how I prefer my sims to be. :grin:

@emorrill Beautiful nature pictures. I can see why you enjoyed being out with nature.
    Yeah! So glad you finally added Supernatural!!
    hehe, that was funny seeing all of them huddled into that tiny little mass of sims.

The toddler mod works very well. :lol: I think Daddy needs to quit playing with the dog and pay attention to his son!
    49933449723_1b64eaa126_o.jpg
    @emorrill Welcome back :smile: Good to see that you enjoyed camping :smile:

@bekkasan More uni content to come today :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @Turjan

Thanks,
    which of Rflongs worlds is that one?

@emorrill

Thank you, I just need motivation to make the final update
    *lol*.

A new day at University

ySPBZCj.jpg

Everyone survives their first classes

jw8IS9K.jpg

As per the story Simon would have a job putting strain on his doomed relationship with Humara

5sJcdsJ.jpg

That evening there is time for studying

XWcp1wj.jpg

lTo2bKa.jpg

Megan tries to keep on top of the cleaning as well

xDv1BjX.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    edited May 2020
    @meerkattime

Sad to hear you lost the save with her daughter, but it is good you
    still had the mother.
    I have lost tons of saves so I know how it can be.
    I enjoyed seeing a little update from you.

@bekkasan

uh oh toddler playing with the dog food,
    dad you need to take care of your kid!.
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    @emorrill Thank you. Great pics from your camping trip. I always liked that you could find real wilderness out there in the west, often just outside of the cities. That's something I miss here.

@bekkasan Yes, daddy should give the dog the bottle so he can fill up the bowl for the toddler :smile: .

@king_of_simcity7 Good that you have control of your sims, which means there's at least one person who will clean something in the dorm. Usually, if you travel alone, your sim is the only one who does everything.

@Silverofdreams30 It's Mountain Lake, at one of two "town centers" on the map.
    @Turjan i might hire a maid as 8 Sims is a lot and they do have the money!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • NitroglycolNitroglycol Posts: 121 Member
    So Riley finished uni, and then Walter Fullman was invited back. Unfortunately, he and Riley were well into deep flirting before it became apparent that he was already in an established relationship - with Paris Vanderbilt. I'm now going to have to extricate them from this awkward mess. Details to come.
  • meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 Nice of Simon to cook for everyone. Too bad Humara seems to have her eyes on Nick instead.

@Emily4331 I love The Sims 2, and while I don't really like it how sims look like in it without cc, I'm sure I would love the love child of Sims 2 and 3 if it came out now with the technology that is available today :) . I love how The Sims 3 looks, and the style of 2 is nice too.

@Silverofdreams30 Hope you had fun playing random stuff - is it the save you showed pictures of in a PM?. I haven't played the game for a few days, but hopefully I will tomorrow. I thought I had lost more saves than I actually had but got most of them back when I realized some of the worlds had got unisntalled. Still, losing saves is not fun, but now I know not to age townies down which is probably the reason I lost that save.

@Turjan No, I haven't played The Sims 3 at all since I made the update, but I'll continue her story some time :) .

@emorrill Gorgeous pics from your trip - looks very beautiful <3 .
    I hope it was not a bad drama between the girls and very glad you had so much fun :). I guess we all need a little break of this lockdown mess - a good friend of mine asked if I want to go visit her, so I might travel to see her and her daughter one of the days soon - I've spent way too much time by myself here :s .
    Yeah, Mea wasn't very happy back in time, and I hope she'll get a better life with a new start. Thanks for the comments :).
    I hope you enjoy Supernatural! Didn't you have the expansion pack at all or didn't you just have it installed?

@bekkasan You have a point - I guess I will save Mea from the trouble of trying to date a role sim ;) .
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Hey everyone. :)

Got a random update for y'all like I promised. :blush:

Okay, it's more like my story update! :mrgreen: Did I get ya there? ;) Hee hee!

So this is the first little bit of Chapter 7. I've only written half of the chapter so far (it's LONG, no surprise) and of course even posting half of it won't all fit in one post so, here is a quarter of it. :p

*It might seem like Shane has been suffering for quite a LONG time, but keep in mind all the events of this chapter are happening in the same day of Chapter 6 - in the afternoon now. Just wanted to point that out. :) We left off with Emily thinking back on Shane revealing his entire life story to her in the Stardrop Saloon while drunk, back in Pelican Town, months ago.

**There's a Quantum Leap reference in this portion of the chapter and you're awesome if you can catch it. :smirk: Actually I think you all will because it'll be pretty obvious based on the wording. ;) I couldn't help adding it. It was perfect for the situation.

Now without further adieu, I hope you will greatly enjoy Chapter 7. :grin:

______________________________________________________________________________________

Pelican Town to Sims Town

Chapter 7

Back in the tiny orchard just a few feet away, Elliott gasped while fiddling around on his phone and that drew Leah’s attention away from the wasps eating at the pears. “What?” she asked, looking over his shoulder.

“These phones have cameras!” he exclaimed in surprise.
    “No way!” She leaned in closer.
    “Way! Gosh the technology here is incredible! I dunno how we’re ever going to go back once we get home.”
    “For real,” she said, growing thoughtful. “Hey, do you suppose that’s one reason why the Wizard sent us here? To gain knowledge of more advanced technologies that we can pass on to the whole of Stardew Valley?”
    “Possibly,” he acknowledged, but quickly dismissed the thought. “You know, we should get a picture of just the two of us...kissing,” he smirked at her. “If I hold the phone out like this…”
    Once he did Leah instinctively gripped his waist and planted a gentle and meaningful kiss upon his lips.

49939585562_6abe19bfe1_c.jpg

After hearing the “shutter” sound, Elliott lowered the phone so they could both take a look at how the picture turned out.
    “Aww!” Leah said in a cutesy voice.
    “We look good,” Elliott affirmed.

49939286746_3e8598346f_c.jpg

Leah then wrapped her arms around his waist to turn his attention toward her. “Yes,” she agreed. “The best looking ginger couple in all of Stardew Valley and no one can deny it.” She pressed her nose against his with a little giggle and gave him a peck.
    “Mmm...for sure.”

As they kissed again, Leah took notice of Emily sitting alone in the hot tub and looking somewhat forlorn.
    “We should go join her,” she suggested to Elliott with a gesture of her head. “She looks sad and lonely.”
    Elliott glanced over at the blue-haired woman and nodded, recognizing Leah’s reasoning. “But isn’t it a little hot outside to be in a hot tub?” he countered.
    “Maybe,” she shrugged, “but she looks like she could use some company so we can deal with it. Besides, those bubbling jets might feel real nice on our achy lower back muscles.”
    He smirked at her. “I wonder how they got so achy…”
    With a playful slap on the arm she chortled, “Hush you!”

Hand in hand they made their way over to the deck and removed their clothes down to their swimsuits underneath.

“Hey Emily,” Leah greeted, startling the woman a bit. “Mind if we join you?”

49939585602_9fdfe07670_c.jpg

“Oh...not at all,” Emily answered, sitting herself up a bit.

Once the two sat down and got comfortable, Emily stuck her foot out of the water to see if her toes had become just as pruny as her fingers. Yup!
    “So, how are you today?” Leah asked her.
    “I’m fine,” came the simple reply.

49938770388_8587cf9f9c_c.jpg

Leah wished she would express what was really on her mind, but she honestly couldn’t expect her to since they weren’t exactly close. She couldn’t help noticing Elliott looking mighty fine beside her, with the light patch of hair on his chest peeking out above the surface of the water and his arms wrapped behind his head. “Elliott!” she sharply, yet playfully, addressed. “What are you doing over there? You’re supposed to be here by me! No offense Emily.”
    “None taken…”
    “Sorry babe,” Elliott said with a frown, wondering why he didn’t get in in the same spot that Leah did, it just seemed normal to enter the hot tub on different sides. To be silly, he held his breath and dove under the water, launching himself toward his lover’s side, and burst up out of the water pretending to gasp for breath. It worked because it sure put a smile on Leah’s face.
    “You goofball!” she giggled.

49938770433_f3c769a58d_c.jpg

“So Emily,” she turned her attention to again. “Do you have any personal thoughts on this whole quest thing? Elliott and I are still trying to wrap our heads around it.”

Emily blew up at her bangs as she replied, “Not really...I think Harvey and Penny both have some good theories about it.”
    “Whose do you think is more likely?” Elliott couldn’t help but ask.

49939585677_df53033c56_c.jpg

“Penny’s honestly,” she quickly responded. “A falling out has definitely happened between most of the town residents for years now, when everyone used to be so close, caring, and friendly. I remember it well when I was a child,” then she looked away in thought. It’s almost like everyone is carrying a dark secret they don’t want people knowing about.
    “Yeah, but that’s just kinda how society has become these days,” Elliott stated. “People don’t look out for each other the way they used to. It’s really become everyone for themselves in the world. Or, er, in our home world. I don’t like it either, but...it is what it is.” He shrugged.
    “True,” Emily acknowledged, “but in Pelican Town it feels like there’s more to it than that. Like,” she shook her head for a moment, telling herself it’d be unwise to go on. She didn’t want to say anything that might allude to the fact that she’s keeping a big secret herself; one that’s not her own no less. “I dunno...”
    “I think,” Leah chimed in, “that everyone just got sick of the whole town knowing their personal business, a common small town problem after all, so they quit opening up to each other and have become much more reserved.” She spoke from her own feelings.
    Elliott nodded.
    “Yeah,” Emily said in a whisper. “That could very well be it.”

“I’m more leaning toward Harvey’s theory,” Leah said in a tone of conclusion, “though I still wonder why the Wizard would want to do us any favors. It’s probably due to some ulterior motive, but regardless,” she stopped to look lovingly into Elliott’s eyes, “this experience so far has opened my eyes to my one true love and no matter what happens, good or bad...I’ll be forever thankful to the Wizard for that.”
    Emily cracked a smile at her, feeling a twinge of aching jealousy in her heart.
    Elliott then wrapped his arm around his love and said, “Indeed.”

49939585707_7b16422ae3_c.jpg

Meanwhile, back inside and upstairs, after showing Maru the basics of the science station she assured Harvey that she could figure out the rest so he went back to join Penny on the couch to continue exploring through the various medical texts.

The topic of Shane’s current condition naturally came up again and Harvey shared with the ladies everything he felt would be needed to help Shane through the withdrawal. The man was already at the peak of it and Harvey fully expected that he’d have to intervene very soon, hoping with much less resistance from Shane, especially since he feared the worst case scenario. At the moment Shane seemed to be holding up well on his own even though he’d be much better off with some medication and IV fluids. Those items needed to be produced quickly and he prayed for their success in doing so.

“So compounding any kind of drug looks like it’s going to take a bit of time,” Maru began while turning from the pharmaceutical book to carefully studying one of the plants found under the microscope, “It says at least 24 hours, and I’m sure that’s not factoring in the time to go out and find the specific ingredients. But, since we already have a few ingredients here that’ll speed things up.” She paused for a moment in great fascination over what she was seeing under the microscope. “So you’re wanting us to get all the ingredients for a sleeping medication, antipsychotic, and an anti-seizure med?” she asked Harvey with a faint tone of doubt.

49939286871_9d929c03d2_c.jpg

Harvey gripped the contents of his jacket pocket in thought for a moment before answering, “Yes. The sleeping medication we’ll compound first; that takes precedence. Then we’ll look into compounding the others.” He greatly hoped they wouldn’t be needed. “However what I’m more focused on right now is finding a way to get him on an IV. He’s horribly dehydrated and I can administer intravenous drugs much easier that way.”
    “Well it’s looking like these are ones that you take orally,” Maru informed.
    “Okay. But I’m also thinking about future scenarios where one of us might happen to need an IV and perhaps an intravenous drug as well.”
    “Oh...right.”
    He leaned over and rested his elbow upon his knee while squeezing at his forehead. “Now what around here can I use to rig up an IV?”
    “There’s gotta be some helpful supplies at the general store…”
    “Yeah, but I don’t recall...”
    Then it was like a light bulb turned on above Penny’s head and it excited her. “Hey! There’s an item at our house that might work!” She grinned as Harvey glanced up at her, adjusting his glasses. “I totally saw it being used as an IV in a TV show once…”

49939287266_7f45314145_c.jpg

“Oh yeah,” Maru remembered, turning to face her, “I remember us watching that episode together at my place! Although, the things you see on TV shows don’t necessarily mean it’s possible to do in real life no matter how realistic it may seem.”
    “Well I’m open to anything at the moment ladies so, what is it?” Harvey asked.

Penny and Maru both shot an awkward glance at each other, insisting the other reveal it, but since it was Penny’s idea, Maru gave her a hard nod to do it. Penny turned toward Harvey with her hands clasped in her lap and replied with a great amount of composure, “A dou'ching bag.”

There was a brief moment of silence as a smile played across Harvey’s lips. Maru giggled in the background which wasn’t helping Penny hold hers back. “Well,” she voiced with her hands spread apart, “it’s got the bag and the tubing…and it’d be pretty easy to hang...”
    That was enough to snap Harvey out of the humor of it. “Yes...," he said in thought. "That’s actually brilliant!”

49939287286_000583407e_c.jpg

Penny blushed. “Oh...well...uh, thanks.”
    “Granted I’ll have to figure out how to attach a needle to it, but I’m glad you mentioned it Penny,” he said while taking her hand, “because that’s seriously something I never would’ve thought of.” Penny squealed within herself at him taking her hand.
    Maru just shook her head in amusement.
    “Now are you sure it’s been unused?” he asked Penny for good measure, pulling her up to stand with him.
    “Yes,” she tittered. “It’s still in the packaging. There were a couple underneath the sink when I was checking out the bathroom.”
    “Perfect!” he expressed. Although he couldn’t help wondering why in the wide world of Simthaer the Wizard thought to include something like THAT in the ladies house, but he quickly dismissed any more thoughts on it.

“I’ll go fetch it right now if you want me to,” Penny asked.
    “Yes, that would be great,” he said, still holding her hand and not wishing to let it go. They threw a smile out at each other.
    “I’ll go with you Penny,” Maru said, coming over. “Then afterward we can hit up the general store to see what’s there and also look up where we can find the other two ingredients we need for the sleeping med.” She pulled out her phone. “We can actually access that World Wide Web on these things!”
    “Wow!” Penny exclaimed.
    “Sounds like a plan,” Harvey said. “Keep me informed. Time is of the essence! While you ladies do that I’m going to study that pharmaceutical book a bit more. Then I’ll attempt to check on Shane...”

Downstairs, Sebastian and Abigail succeeded in their joint plan. Abigail won the last 3 sets of races, forcing a tie breaker race between her and Sam.

49857279207_e22db11f06_c.jpg

“OH COME ON!” Sam yelled in frustration, flinging the controller off to the side. “What the HELL Sebastian!? Why did you keep cutting me off and pushing me off the road? It’s like even when I’d get past you you’d somehow STILL end up in front of me, pushing me around! Seriously, what the hell?”
    Sebastian stifled a laugh. “Just took advantage of some shortcuts that’s all…”
    “What shortcuts!?”
    He slightly shook his head. “Do you ever look at the mini map while driving?”
    “Only to see how far ahead I am.”
    “Well there’s your problem. You may be a good racer, but you lack awareness and strategy.”

Sam glared so hard at his buddy that Abigail could almost see smoke coming out of his ears.
    “So are we gonna do this tie breaker race or what?” she somewhat taunted Sam.
    “Oh you bet,” Sam replied, eyes still locked with Sebastian’s. “Now that Seb’s out of the way, you’ve lost your advantage.”
    Abigail huffed. “I don’t need Seb’s help to kick your butt!”
    “Whatever,” he muttered, reaching for his controller.

Abigail quickly leaned toward Sebastian and whispered, “You didn’t have to throw those races for me...you never even gave me the chance to hold him back for you.”
    Sebastian loved seeing the thankful, yet doleful look, in her beautiful eyes. He simply gave her a blushed smile and shrugged. “Now prove to me that my sacrifice wasn’t in vain.”
    Abigail brightly grinned with her cheeks turning pink also. “Oh I won’t let you down. I meant what I said earlier about being the better gamer.” She winked while waving her controller. “I got this in the bag!”
    “I know you do,” he beamed. “Go get him girl!”

Just as Sam and Abigail started the race, Sebastian heard Shane’s door abruptly shut. A big part of him didn’t want to care as he really wanted to watch his crush beat the snot out of his best friend in a car race, but then again had Shane finally allowed Harvey, or someone, into his room? He was just too curious and promptly got up to go check, telling the two he’d be back in a minute.

When he knocked on the door there was the usual, “Go away and leave me alone!” But Sebastian opened it anyway and said as he walked in, “Sorry Shane, but I heard your door close and was wondering if…” he froze in place as he didn’t see anyone else in the room and was met with Shane’s glowering eyes, being filled with rage and annoyance. His pale face glistened and his cheeks looked a little sunken in.
    “What!?” he seethed, trying to steady himself.

49939586127_2e7d6c49ea_c.jpg

“I,” Sebastian stammered, “I thought maybe you let someone in here and--”
    “I needed to take a pi’ss alright! Does everyone have to be involved in my private business now too!?”
    “No,” he raised his palms in defense, “Sorry, I was just curious.” He hesitated saying this next part, but it was mostly out of concern. “You really look like hell man. You should--”
    “Well I FEEL like hell!” he shouted, grabbing the alarm clock from his end table and throwing it at Sebastian to which he barely dodged.
    “Geez! Then will you just let Harvey take care of you already! What’s your problem with that?”
    “My problem is I’m getting sick of everyone checking up on me when I don’t NEED any of your help! I’ll get through this by MYSELF! Ya hear!? Now get out before I rip your head off!” He then charged towards the “intruder” like an angry bull.

Sebastian instantly bolted through the doorway, falling to the floor and covering his head, while Shane slammed the door shut behind him and locked it with a loud click. “AND STAY OUT!”

“WOO HOO!” Abigail cried at the end of the race, throwing her arms into the air and all Sam could do was lower his head and shake it, cursing under his breath. He hated losing at anything.

“Seb you missed my victory!” she whined in disappointment, turning to see where he was. When she saw him lying on the floor covering his head, she gasped. “SEB!” Within a second she was by his side and helping him up. “What happened? Are you alright?”
    “Yeah...I’m okay.”
    Sam approached. “Did that je'rk hit you!?”
    “No, but he tried to.”
    “Oh my gosh,” Abigail breathed, brushing the hair away from Sebastian’s eyes.
    “It’s not what you think...he threw something at me, not trying to punch me.”
    “You know I’m getting real sick of his attitude,” Sam fumed, hands on his hips, and feeling his mother’s demeanor coming out in himself. “Has he no appreciation for our help?”

“Not right now he doesn’t,” came the reply, but not from Shane or Abigail. The three turned towards the sound of the voice and it was Harvey, standing on the stairs near the base, arms folded upon the railing. “I heard a commotion and came down to see what’s going on.”
    “It was nothing Harvey,” Sebastian wished to dismiss, but explained what happened anyway since it involved Shane.

The Doctor then twisted his mouth in thought. “So he was conversing normally with you then? Speaking clearly?”
    “Yeah,” Sebastian replied, “he was just WAY more angry than usual! Oh, and he looks terrible.”
    Harvey nodded. “At least he seems lucid, so that’s good. For now…,” he muttered that last part.
    But Abigail heard it. “What do you mean by that?” she asked inquisitively.
    “Nothing,” he dismissed. “I’m on top of it. I’ll check on him in a few minutes.”
    “Well good luck with that Harvey because he locked the door,” Sebastian informed. “And I don’t think it’s a knob you can unlock from the outside.”
    Harvey paused again in thought. “Well we’ll figure out a way to get it open if need be. For now we’ll just keep checking in by speaking to him through the door no matter how upset he gets. I know this is hard on all of you, but it’s crucial, and he’ll thank us for this later. I hope.”

The three reluctantly nodded, trusting that the Doctor knew best in spite of their own personal better judgements on the matter.

To be continued...

I'll post the rest later today. 🤞
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    Page 3873, continued

@king_of_simcity7 You're welcome.
    Glad to hear everyone is doing well at uni.
    Hopefully the studying pays off.
    Great update!

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks!

@Turjan Yeah, the trait probably does help.
    Well, working on that. Probably won't have another career cook, but will have someone who at least will be decent. Eric and Fawn aren't too bad, although they won't be around much longer. Melanie is at level 3 or 4, Dwight is getting better at it.
    Cool, didn't know the hottub worked on a frieze.

@emorrill Glad you and your family had a good weekend. Looks like a nice place to camp at.
    Hope you like Supernatural, I know I do.
    Thanks! And I agree, that would be pretty cool.
    She really does, doesn't she? I think I'll just stick with it for a while. She'll probably get another hairstyle later on in the story as I found one she had in the original story I first posted. (THE original, not the prequel that these new updates will follow).
    You're welcome.
    Gonna have to use the save draft more often, lol
    And thus Elliott learned the fine art of taking a selfie. :lol: I just had to.
    I agree, they do look good.
    Elliott looks really relaxed in the hottub.
    I just love how Sims randomly sit somewhere other than by their partner/spouse.
    Small town problems, I get that. Rumors fly here faster than people can come up with them.
    Poor Emily.
    I sure hope they can get what is needed to help Shane.
    Wow, didn't know there was another use for one of those. I'm guessing that is the reference to Quantum Leap?
    Lol, Sebastian and Sam's conversation about the game made me laugh.
    I feel bad for Shane, he needs to allow them to help him.
    Great update!

@bekkasan You're welcome.
    I'm going to do that from now on, already started on this post. :lol:
    Yeah, before he eats the dog food.

@Nitroglycol Sounds interesting.
    Jones Family Update

Q0RaSjE.jpg
    As Melanie was up late, she had a late breakfast at the market before her husband got there.

ovdTWDE.jpg
    She then went to check in with the woman who wanted her to get approval. The lady gave instructions of where to go so Melanie headed off to get the ax.

WVxrsq3.jpg
    Melanie located the first staircase in a secret room on the ground floor. Going down the stairs, she found a long hallway with a locked door. Realizing the way to open it must be under the debris, she took a pickax on the wall and cleared it away, unlocking the door.

yd8iAU4.jpg
    There was also a secret door in the wall that she stumbled upon. Inside was a chest full of some treasure, which she promptly took.

Pzfi3AM.jpg
    She faced another locked door but luckily she found the stone key in a chest.

Y8DvS2y.jpg
    She found some more treasure inside the next room but came face to face with a maze of stairs and landings. She could see Pangu's Ax but knew it'd take some patience to get to it.

y33mT8W.jpg
    In yet another room, she found dive wells. Knowing from experience what that meant, she tumbled in on her stomach. On the other side, she found two more plus the one she came out of.

89L3Y4F.jpg
    Traps were in the next room so she had to be careful. She found an unlit torch and figured it must be some kind of trigger. Apparently it was as it opened another door.

SLCBWsA.jpg
    At long last, Melanie got Pangu's Ax. She could feel the power that it wielded and it made her happy. Too bad she has to give it to the woman, it'd sure come in handy.

men7Lrr.jpg
    She got too tired and hungry and it caused her to turn into her wolf form. She decided to try the Ax anyway before heading home. She figured she'd finish up in the tomb tomorrow.
    @emorrill Cute scene with the couple :smile: I remember playing racing games like that :D I see that Shane is not happy lol

@Brandontaylor Congratulations on Melanie finding the ax :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited May 2020
    Survival of the Fittest (A Sims 3 Apocalypse Story)
    "Live Beats Being Dead"
    Prologue

Screenshot-127.jpg

Screenshot-2.jpg
    VADM Toshio "Animal" Nakamura:
    We don't know how many we lost that day. It was more than could be rationalized by a sane mind. That day started off like any other. But the story starts far before the bombs fell.

And by the time that the story reaches where we are at this point, many good men and women whom I served with would fall in combat or were immolated as the missiles reached their targets.
    Screenshot-20.jpg
    Many whom I would have given my own life to have alive again. Many of them would say the same for me; so that thought would end in a stand-off...

As it stands, we sit in the aftermath of an apocalypse of our own making...that showed its true colors in the White Sands Missile Test Range in Alamagordo, New Mexico and culminated in our complete and utter mutual assured destruction when China and Russia launched their missiles at us and we retaliated in turn sending the world into the depths of calamity never before seen.
    Screenshot-127_nuke2.jpg
    Meg, Harm, Mac and myself as well as two teens were all that were left. We found the youngsters in a cave system far enough in that the radiation would have had a hard time reaching them. They had buried their parents who had managed to get them that far inside the cave system before succumbing to the radiation. When Meg and I located them, they were practically feral, having survived by killing anything encroaching upon their cave system. It took a long while for them to trust us.

Sunset Valley was a target and it had been eliminated along with anything of military consequence. It was at least an year hence that we'd gotten there after receiving the all clear from what was left of high-command. There was nothing left of our military - out of what was deemed as the strongest military in the known world, our numbers were down to a rag-tag militia. And morale and esprit de corps went to the highest bidder. How do we build our numbers up from what was now a decimated armed force?

At least we would no longer have to contend with the radiation and the fall-out, but the clouds are ever-present reminding us of what humanity has done to ourselves.

A rather unwelcome change was in the metaphysical realm of possibility. We've been hearing unearthly howls in the distance as well as rumors of human bloodsuckers. And evidently what was strictly in the realm of fantasy fiction is now a very real peril for us humans. The only thing keeping us alive is our cache of weapons and the fact that four of us know how to use them. It is our hope that the two youngsters will follow in our footsteps and learn everything that they need to know to survive this new realm of existence.

Hope is all that we have...and that ultimately it will all come down to survival of the fittest...

Let's just hope that we are fit enough.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    edited May 2020
    @emorrill

YAY, an update I still want to see screenshots from your random save
    and especially that Eddie haha.
    Aww, Eliott and Leah are so in love they are adorable <3.
    Shirtless Eliott alert!!! >:) He's so hot <3
    Poor Shane, but yeah he does suffer quite a bit in the original game, I have not
    played his story there so I do not know a lot but I think the player helps him get
    better.
    Great start of a long chapter.

@Brandontaylor

she seems to have fun with her adventure,
    I have enjoyed all updates so far.

@meerkattime

Yep, that is one of the randoms, I have more though
    hehe, I like to change after a little while.

edited May 2020
    Face-You-Make-Robert-Downey-Jr.jpg
    That face you make when you realize that your Sims story is going to take six and a half hours to "set up".

Then you find out that you have to pull in three MORE characters...

AND KILL THEM! Just so that you can have the gravestones of the two teens' deceased parents.

(Edit: Sorry...make that five...Molly and Sandi...too... - yeah...I've got NO heart...)

How absolutely lovely.

I am dancing for joy... ~sarcasm~
    1dyd-d4fa0ea352b2726422f27d985800a296.gif

Screenshot-8.jpg
    I hope to hell that this length of time that it took for me to set this up is going to provide my plot bunnies with some potential instead of kicking off for parts unknown...

The other stories appear to have some problems with the CC...so they're going to take some time to reboot. Hopefully they will be recoverable...however don't hold your breath. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    @Nikkei_Simmer What problems are you having with CC? The uniforms look pretty good so not sure what could be the problem
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @king_of_simcity7; It's making sure that I have the right CC that was previously in the game; when I boot the save up...Luckily I have the previous "game folders" set up so that hopefully it won't be too much of a problem slotting them in. I just have to clean up each of the folders of conflicting CC so that it doesn't hang on load.
    GYZ6Ak9.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top