Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    View from the new house

XjW1BPb.jpg

8I69eRd.jpg

Abi later finishes work and gets a promotion. She is now level 2 in the bookstore

GjSw5dB.jpg

As there are no couples yet the girls have to share their beds with each other

jv6c9Tt.jpg

There are four double beds. Two for two girls each and the guys have their own bed because they won't want to share will they! :D

NdNrhEj.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    @MadDoctor61 I had similar issues with my schools and then I got this mod.

icarusallsorts.Scolding.package

I haven't had a problem since because every time a sim wants to scold a young sim for something you get asked if you want them do scold or not. I usually say no when asked.

http://modthesims.info/d/533906/update-5-jan-2016-user-directed-scolding-other-punishment-tweaks.html
    AT the other house everyone gets ready to apply for University

hXEHnj3.jpg

Megan will miss her dog Austin while she is away

SICwU2X.jpg

Maybe the repair woman could dog-sit for him?

Ra6MbIV.jpg

Simon signs everyone up for Uni...

fEqX77Y.jpg

The delivery fan has arrived

lWZKOQI.jpg

Off to University at last! :smiley:

Z5G5tK6.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    Julia Harvey update

VkkJ5Lo.jpg

A very nice painting she created.

LhQVtHh.jpg

Greeting her neighbors

5nZNMbD.jpg

( This was a teen which I aged up tp young adult and
    edited a bit).

G0rU8h9.jpg

XvhA0Ji.jpg

She visited the crowded pub

beEvp6g.jpg

Had a drink

7gFnMLe.jpg

Tried to talk to other people

cPQFMqG.jpg

it was crowded.

FheaHal.jpg

( Jake Bergman a placed townie I edited, asked her out to chat)

57Tj35G.jpg

They met ooutside the tatoo store

All for now

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited May 2020
    I checked on one of my most recent saves before the desktop went kaput. It appears that save is still playable even with seventeen sims (including three pets). I'm not worried about the computer; I'm worried about my mind not being able to keep up with all seventeen.

Anyways, the house that is right beside the Monotone in Sunset Valley now looks like this... Screenshot-9.jpg

...and well...wasn't satisfied with Tosh's new look so I went in and revamped him again.
    Screenshot-10.jpg

Awwwww... How saccharinely cute...
    Screenshot-13.jpgScreenshot-14.jpg
    Screenshot-15.jpg
    Tried to get Meg as close as possible to Tracey Needham's portrayal of her in the TV show "JAG" Meg_Boot3.jpg

Hopefully with seventeen sims to take care of in this save, it won't lag too badly. I am noticing it. However I'm going to check into my other saves and see if I can resurrect some of them. Will try the last save on my Legacy to see if it opens up. Hopefully it will. Then that will mean that I have a benchmark for the other saves of how long the loading times are going to be if "fingers crossed" none of the save files are corrupt.

I figure it's just about time for the Legacy save to go to a new world. It's at 426MBs in total. Time to do some crash repair work with Kuree's SaveCleaner and hope that does the trick otherwise, it's shove all the gravestones in the inventory and move them all out of Cape Garner.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    @Puddinroy Haha I have the same opinion of Goldberg. :tongue: You and @DeadManHBK both have older wrestlers as your favorites, but when I was a kid I feel like even though I liked wrestling, I didn't have as much of a passion toward is as I do as an adult. Picking a favorite for me is tough, but I think currently I'd call Asuka my favorite. She's a great wrestler, super entertaining, and is an awesome person! :3

I can understand that. I didn't even know it was on, but I knew who Hulk Hogan was. I may try to make Sting one of these days.
    :) Smile!

• TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited May 2020
    Hi all, it's unfortunately still going not too well. Oh well, given how many of you had real problems that needed surgery and similar lately, I guess I shouldn't complain.

@meerkattime Thank you, I enjoy it, too.

@Puddinroy Thanks, I sure hope so :smile: .

@Brandontaylor Thank you. It looks like you won't be losing steam anytime soon :smile: Let's see when you have more ghosts than household members :smiley:

@MoonandStars83 Yes, those recolors are awesome. Of course, those are the main reason why the world is so sluggish, but hey, it's still in the playable range.

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks, let's hope for the best. I love your new updates. Good that stuff is working for you again.

@bekkasan Thank you for the well wishes. I'd say Midnight Hollow is certainly much darker. It's more that Cronor is constantly overcast. My interior images were done at night, and some of the rooms were not lit up, which makes it easier to see the glow patterns on some of the elements. But yes, using a lighting mod certainly makes things brighter, but also changes the colors somewhat.

To everyone else, I hope you all have fun. I hope I'll get to more regular comments soon.

Hmm... looks like someone left the door open...
    vyiifcC.jpg
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    Started my Disney Legacy Challenge! I'm starting with Blanche White as a child with her evil stepmother Regina Queen as an adult.
    Blanche has the Good, Animal Lover, and Neat traits. She likes Cobbler, the color Blue, and Classical music.
    Regina has Evil, Mean-Spirited, Dramatic, Dislikes Children, and Grumpy. She likes Sushi, the color Black, and Classical music. Her LTW is Emperor of Evil.
    I'm starting them in Twinbrook.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Dwight and Melanie in China (still)

3Z3S2zc.jpg
    Dwight was up earlier than Melanie again so I had him make breakfast. This time, he did not burn the pancakes, although they are only normal quality.

8vQdsnb.jpg
    Um, guys? You don't have to social distance, you can't get Coronavirus. Also, who eats pancakes with chop sticks?

HYFBNgl.jpg
    Melanie telling Dwight how great he is.

eNWRe4w.jpg
    She then got another opportunity, this time running around looking for gems and rocks. Still waiting on that axe one.

Yb8exZA.jpg
    While she was off doing that, Dwight was sparring with another contestant, Ai Bei. Dwight ended up winning, hitting level 1 of the tournament.

HnYajQc.jpg
    Melanie turned in what she found, just to get told to look for more.

qzDOaU1.jpg
    After a day of running around, Melanie decided to stick with a salad to eat. She's got to keep her figure after all.

stvwkdR.jpg
    That next morning after breakfast, Melanie went down in her short nightgown to check for an adventure. I bet the male explorers were happy with her choice of clothing.

pZQrVCV.jpg
    Melanie: I heard you want some boulders smashed.
    Woman: I do, and you get a nice, shiny ax for your troubles.
    Melanie: Great! I've been wanting Pangu's Ax for a while now. So where is it?
    Woman: Oh, forgot to mention. Run around some more and get three Chinese citizens to agree with smashing boulders, then go talk to someone who isn't sure we should smash them.
    Melanie: Then I get it?
    Woman: After you find it in the tomb. It's not going to be easy.
    Melanie: Of course not.

A3N9eId.jpg
    Dwight spent most of his day at the academy, working on his martial arts.

vHTFzq8.jpg
    Melanie was able to convince the man to let her smash boulders, but the full moon came out, causing her to transform. Also, a zombie appeared behind her. She hunted a bit before heading home to eat and go to bed.

Dwight kept waking up in the night to freak out over the moon. I was going to play a bit longer, but got tired of constantly sending him to bed. Now I'm hoping to get the ax today and send them home. Tomorrow I will probably work on Ava's skill save some more.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @king_of_simcity7
    Aww, love to see them happy she's
    moving in.Purple and pink are very
    nice colors! Congrats on your promotion
    Stacy!

@Turjan
    Cronor looks great!
    I really love those bedrooms! :open_mouth:

@Brandontaylor
    Sounds like they spend a lot of time in China.
    Wow! That lady is sure unhelpful.Poor Dwight
    is striking out.Um, maybe that gentleman should
    go to a chiropractor or something.
    Yep, Daniel doesn't think ladies should go out in
    slacks.XD
    Yeah, Carolyn honestly believes the Captain is real.

@bekkasan
    Yep,Daniel is a bit of the jealous type.XD
    They all think she's lost her mind.I don't blame them,
    I might say the same.XD

@king_of_simcity7
    They have a beautiful view of the beach!
    I love those photos.:o
  • NitroglycolNitroglycol Posts: 121 Member
    So the latest: Cortez and Barbara Ponder and Riley Woods finished their term at uni. The Ponders graduated; Riley had one more term to do. Before returning to town, Barbara snagged the urn of the hapless Marsha Barrington, because she had an "Oh My Ghost" opportunity waiting to exploit back in Riverview.

So the three returned, and Cortez joined the political career (his LTW is to be leader of the free world). Cortez and Barbara had a daughter named Brooke (yeah, I know, Brooke Ponder. So sue me.) Barbara also had Marsha brought back as a controllable ghost; she'll be Brooke's nanny. Brooke has the Brave trait so she ain't afraid of no ghost.

Lastly, Riley has now gone back to uni for one more term and is expected to graduate at the end.
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Had feedback all typed up, then I ended up losing it by accident. Just know I saw all your posts and awesomed them. Sorry for not doing proper feedback. :disappointed:
  • MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @carlystur03 I didn't think you sounded annoyed. No worries.
    ****Happy birthday, Elias!

@MadDoctor61 You should get the User-Directed Scolding Mod here: http://www.modthesims.info/d/533906/update-5-jan-2016-user-directed-scolding-other-punishment-tweaks.html Already suggested.

@Nitroglycol Sounds interesting.

@king_of_simcity7 Great view!

@Silverofdreams30 Looks like she had fun!

@Nikkei_Simmer I would never be able to handle a save with 17 Sims.

@Turjan Tiptoe through the tulips...

@rubyskywalker Sounds fun!

@Brandontaylor I really need to have my Sims travel more.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Still holding with the Gordon save. Forgot to take a screenshot. If I don't get a response soon, I'm going to readd my CC and start round-robining again.

Until next time!
    ~MaS83
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    I'm sure you guys have heard the chatter about the upcoming indie life sim "Paralives" yes? So they did the reveal of the paras' appearance... I can't be the only one sorely disappointed, right? :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0eV1d-L-mc&feature=emb_title

I like spoiler tags so that my long winded opinions don't have to be read by people who don't want to read them. So proceed if you like hearing someone complain too much about video game character appearances. :lol:
    The environment looks cool, but I was pretty underwhelmed with Maggie. I thought this might happen since we've seen the dog character model for awhile, but I feel like it has ended up giving me more of the same qualms I had with The Sims 4. I see a lot of people saying she's a good mix of real and cartoony, but if you ask me she's just 100% cartoony. :neutral: And, yes, yes I know the game is in development, but the looks of the central characters give me enough insight on the artistic direction that I know it is very unlikely to change much.

Obviously, I'm sure the game will be cute...but as for a "haha sims take that!" true competitor? I don't see it. I want to be optimistic, but it's really not looking like my cup of tea. :( It doesn't have to be said that they don't need to appeal to me specifically, (because of course they don't) but every time I see a new life simulation coming out I think perhaps this will be the alternative for me. And it never is. Maybe I'm just too picky, but I saw Maggie and thought "oh, that's an indie game alright." :lol: That probably sounds mean, but I don't know. I'll probably still play it when it comes out, though I don't anticipate it overtaking my love of TS3. My ideal life sim is if TS3 and TS2 had a baby. :lol: Until then, is truly feels like nothing will ever beat TS3 for me.

Like, really, am I blind, insane, or both? Because these "good mix of realistic and cartoony" people see such a different reality than me. :lol: TS2 and 3 sims are the perfect mix in my eyes. They aren't hyper realistic like a lot of newer AAA games, but they still look like realistic humans. The Sims 4 and now Paralives...both of them look far more like mobile game cartoonish characters to me. They have cartoonish hair, features, and proportions. Realism to me isn't "I can tell that's a human character", it's the level of similarity to humans a character model has. A "good mix" to me, is a character that looks very realistic, but I can still tell at first glance is a video game character. You know?

Ya know what a good example is? Anime style games. A lot of old anime style games went with a chibi look for the characters, but I always hated it because why wouldn't they just look like normal anime characters? :lol: You know what the perfect example of what I mean is? Persona 3 vs Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night.

Protagonist looking goofy in Persona 3:
    ?imw=1024&imh=767&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

Protagonist looking great in P3: Dancing Moon Night:
    Persona-3-Dancing-Moon-Night_Aug172017_07.jpg

Like, both of them are anime, yeah, but one of them (Dancing Moon Night) is just miles more appealing than the other. :lol: Yyada yada yada that's how I feel about more cartoony life sim characters vs more realistic ones. They both look like video game humans, but one of them looks substantially better to me. :lol:
    edited May 2020
    Screenshot-19.jpg
    Well, it looks as though my JAG-Sims' house "grew" again... :mrgreen: Hmmm...one parking lot for 17 sims? Well, looks like they may have to draw lots in order to use the parking space. Meg just joined the Law Enforcement career so that lot is spoken for when she gets her police car at Level Four.

@Brandontaylor
    vHTFzq8.jpg
    Melanie was able to convince the man to let her smash boulders, but the full moon came out, causing her to transform. Also, a zombie appeared behind her. She hunted a bit before heading home to eat and go to bed...

Oh...no...it's a 僵尸 (Jiangshi). Whatever is poor Melanie going to do now? :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited May 2020
    @bekkasan I did have it on my old computer but lost all my saves switching because of all the cc I had before. The old computer ended up with a Trojan which was causing the crashing issues. I didn't wanna move any old saves / cc in case they were the problem causers.

Therefore I had to restart it.
    I wish I had Supernatural though. :disappointed:

At least I have IP for the Little Mermaid part!

@Silverofdreams30 Where did u get the Nike sweatshirt? And is it in package or sims3file? not rar or 7zip.

Also... I right clicked my desktop and there is no nvidia control panel. @igazor @Nikkei_Simmer ?
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
    Unfortunately, @rubyskywalker, I won't be able to help you with the Nvidia control panel, I have an AMD Radeon R5 at the moment. Sorry about that.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    @GraceyManor and @MoonandStars83 Thanks for the feedback :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @rubyskywalker

I do not have that particular cc anymore, but I think it might
    be from TSR.

@MoonandStars83

Thank you
    And we are back at University in Malan Hall! :smile:

0HF5yOm.jpg

pnw4mtX.jpg

jHfcPkh.jpg

Tammy and Humara will be sharing one room

lT2Gszj.jpg

Anna and Megan in another

nlDYcZL.jpg

Simon is sharing with Nick

QRUBRpN.jpg

Jamie is with Warren (I forgot to mention that I swapped him with Stacy for the time being)

973CxTX.jpg

Some only minor improvements so far. I have given the girls some more toilets as there are four of them but there will also be parties and of course some dramas!

HPTZRBV.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Nikkei_Simmer That is a cool pic of the jet! So far my desktop is accepting things well. I'm currently expanding the family to test how many sims I can add before it starts stuttering. I added Gramps and two cats and a dog yesterday. I didn't build the house so of course with an EA house there are routing issues with the animals. :confounded:
    I think you did a great job making Meg.

@king_of_simcity7 I love the RH houses with the ocean views. Pretty pictures.

@Somearylala Good luck building and populating the world. :smiley:

@Karritz Amazing they are worried about a piece of two-second random background music playing. So many other things they should be worrying about over on youtube.

@meerkattime I remember Mia and Maura. She definitely has some hotties to get interested in. :wink:

@Brandontaylor Thanks for the comments on my random photos. :)
    I guess in China you eat pancakes with chopsticks. :grin:
    I love the transformation picture with the zombie appearing in it as well. :smiley:
    Bummer you lost the feedback.

@MoonandStars83 Break-ins seem to be more common at the beginning of a save rather than later. I hardly get them anymore in my story.

@carlystur03 Congrats to Elias. I think it is the more formal hair that looks off to me on him.
    I peeked under the spoiler. Oh...wish I hadn't. :grimace::sweat_smile::lol:

@MadDoctor61 Well that is one way to go with the flow. :smiley: I know you said you didn't need help and not going to offer any since I have no clue why you had issues. I send all teens including townies to the 'career' schools in all my saves and never had problems with them going so not sure why you did. My child age kids still go to the townie school.

@Nitroglycol Oh my sounds like drama alert time with the autonomous flirting. It looks like things must not have accelerated at uni between the flirty ones. Congrats on most finishing.

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks for commenting. He is a great father and even though he doesn't have any traits towards nurturing etc he seems to enjoy interacting with all the kids when I leave them alone and let them behave autonomously.
    It's nice to see Julia meeting so many people in town. There are some nice looking townies.

@king_of_simcity7 I love seeing your pics in RH. I know which town I'm gonna use for my next testing save. :smiley:
    Didn't some of those sims already graduate? I'm confused.

@Turjan I hope you are feeling better. Are two of those sims wearing hospital gowns? :lol: Toe socks!!! :confounded: Have a :cookie: . It looks like your game is not feeling well either and dressing folks strangely. :wink:

@Emily4331 :wink:
    I've watched the recent trailer and have been following the development of Paralives since it first came out. I thought Maggie was a bit flat and yes, cartoony to a degree and doesn't really match the background. I hope she doesn't stay that way and this is the first draft. I don't think with the background anime is the way to go either. I love anime and it has its place in gaming, but a sandbox life game to me needs more realism in the character looks. It doesn't have to be photo perfect by any means, but I don't want that plastique cartoony look either. The uncanny valley is a theory and not even a proven theory at that. I don't play pixel people games anymore. Gaming has evolved beyond that and we should expect and deserve more from our games. I've read that Paralives is not going to have fantasy and supernaturals in the game. I can understand not at first, but later? I hope we hear more because the way I play is mostly fantasy-driven, and it won't be worth it to me if they are not going to add it.

@rubyskywalker That's a bummer about the old computer getting a trojan. Yes, I would be worried to bring those forward to the new one as well.
    Your graphics info should show up when you right-click on the computer desktop. On my laptop, with win 10 it is about halfway down.

I added Gramps to the test save with a dog and two cats. Gramps is training the dog to hunt while Jeff teaches his son to walk. Sophie arrived home from school during the photoshoot and is trying to decide what to do. I sent her to do her homework. :lol:
    49933449838_43a3fa8ba7_o.jpg

The two kitties sleeping. Mother and daughter. Since you can't CAS a kitten I used MC and she had an instant baby with a homeless cat. :smirk:
    49933449893_468829da00_o.jpg
  • NitroglycolNitroglycol Posts: 121 Member
    > @bekkasan said:

> @Nitroglycol Oh my sounds like drama alert time with the autonomous flirting. It looks like things must not have accelerated at uni between the flirty ones. Congrats on most finishing.
    >
    Thanks. Yeah, things are still under control. I just might see if I can hook Riley up with someone at uni and move them out of the house, since Marsha's ghost should be able to handle the babysitting.
    @bekkasan Thanks for the feedback :smile: Cute pictures with the cats :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited May 2020
    @GraceyManor Yes, those are pretty. The first three bedrooms are all in the base camp, so even tourists (via Traveler) can enjoy them.

@MoonandStars83 Yes! :lol:
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @Turjan I hope you are feeling better. Are two of those sims wearing hospital gowns? :lol: Toe socks!!! :confounded: Have a :cookie: . It looks like your game is not feeling well either and dressing folks strangely. :wink:
    Thanks, and thanks for the cookie :smile: . Regarding those people in hospital gowns, that's a pic taken in @Rflong7 's Mountain Lake, which was originally built for an asylum challenge, if I understood that correctly. 8 of the 36 starter residents live in the recently closed insane asylum. They are, of course, still insane :smiley: , and you meet them all the time. Lovely world, and generally plays well. It's missing a hospital, but otherwise has everything you need (no SN or ITF stuff).

Relaxing at the club.
    N7VZIrl.jpg

Post edited by Turjan on
  • meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    @GraceyManor I have a feeling the doctor won't be much of help to Carolyn ;).
    Poor captain. Poor doctor too :o .
    Daniel doesn't seem to like Eric much ;) .

@king_of_simcity7 Nice that Abi and Amy became friends.
    Austin is cute.
    Gorgeous view from the house. I hope they'll do well in uni. I wonder how Tammy and Humara will get along in the same room. Or Simon with Nick.

@Brandontaylor Poor Dwight and Melanie - no one likes burnt pancakes.
    Cute hug... Yes, I can imagine where it led to.
    Thanks for the comments :). Yeah, I don't envy her for having to live at the gym, but I'm sure things will look better for her soon.
    Lol @ the pancakes with chopsticks.

@MoonandStars83 Cute picture of Millie.
    Thanks for the comments.
    Welcome to Sandy. I hope the stove won't give you more trouble.

@Cringecrew Happy birthday to Randy and Lendell :).

@bekkasan The 14 sims bundle is a bit creepy :smiley: .
    Thanks for the comment :). Is it wrong to want to hook someone up with the paparazzi? Perhaps she'll have to choose some other guy.
    Cute sleepy kitties <3 .

@Silverofdreams30 I like Julia's fox painting <3 .
    Pretty neighbor and cute guys.
    Julia looks really pretty in that picture where she's holding a drink.

@Turjan That's a hot tub with a nice view.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top