Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    @emorrill Hi! I’m a lurker and I’m both excited for and dreading the update. I’m excited because Stardew Valley is my favorite game other than Minecraft and The Sims 3 and dreading it because I’m scared that something bad will happen to Shane.

@Simtown15 You must have missed my previous comment to you on my last big comment post to everyone about that. ;)

I've done TONS of research into these characters and am sensitive to how many fans of the game love them and feel a connection to them so... Don't worry. :blush: I take care of them, but that doesn't mean I can take away the everyday hardships of life that we all experience. ;) I go for realism in my stories and in so doing, my characters develop to become their very best selves. :star:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    edited March 2020
    @Silverofdreams30 Yeah you know I got all side tracked playing some Final Fantasy as well. :blush: Such great games they are!
    The plot thickens! :mrgreen: I wonder what will happen after Jodie makes her call. ;)

@GraceyManor Aww, your medieval story was going pretty well, and you wrote it well too. :) But I totally understand getting suc'ked into another great video game. ;) Have fun with that. And don't forget to pop in every once in a while. :grin:
  • carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    edited March 2020
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    @carlystur03 The thing is, I don’t want to disable ALL opportunities; just the World Adventures ones.

If you can't find anything else, then you can turn them off when you're in an Adventure world and then turn them back on when you get back. I find I don't get any opportunities for anything besides WA when I'm in one of those countries.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Reflection 4D

As Duncan went back inside the bar he had managed to make small talk to the people he recognised without making it seem like he was actually by himself as well as managing to make small talk with Carl's group who had occasionally come back to the bar for another drink. After about an hour of casual conversations and buying a couple of drinks for himself, Duncan decided to head to the second club. He knew where it was and he knew that some people where already heading there, he just had to make sure it didn't look like he was trying to tag along with anyone so outside in the street he decided to take a different route to everyone else. He saw Carl's group walking towards the club straight ahead of him but hoped that they didn't see him as some tag along. Luckily when he got to the queue to get into the club he saw Sian and Bill along with a few others waiting outside.

'So you made it then?' joked Bill as he saw Duncan arrive at the queue oblivious to the fact that Duncan was by himself.
    'Just about,' replied Duncan.
    'Who you down with again?' asked Bill.
    'Meant to be meeting my mate but he stitched me and is inside already,' explained Duncan.
    'I know that feeling!' laughed Bill 'no one ever keeps anyone up to date with anything,'
    'I have got a few other people coming down later though,' Duncan added just as Carl's group reached the queue.
    'Alright mate?' asked Carl as he saw Duncan.
    'You made it here then?' joked Duncan pretending that he actually knew Carl.
    'Where are all of these girls then?' replied Carl jokingly.
    'Everywhere I guess!' laughed Duncan.

His plan was to pretend to Bill, Sian and the others from his school that he was with Carl's group and at the same time he would pretend to Carl that he was with Bill's group. It was a sad thought but it actually seemed to be working as so far no one seemed to have a problem with Duncan being around and at the same time, no one had yet clocked that he was even by himself at all.

87836131_10157017550221497_1163534995860488192_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=mWOX_j3vnXQAX96v7lC&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr4-2.fna&oh=e653e33ecde55ce1858798efd9e3f0f0&oe=5E95A170

88228464_10157017550291497_8923553740154208256_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=QEyReeU3Rf0AX8VIPUy&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr4-2.fna&oh=815e02d7c3a1d4d29a96c6619cf32da1&oe=5E8E9CB3

The queue to get into the club quickly went down and once inside Duncan went straight to the bar to buy a drink. It was the first time that he had ever been inside of a proper night club and he had always wondered what it would have been like. At the bar he ordered a drink and was pleased to see a few other people from his school again who didn't mind talking to him as Carl's group had also joined the queue to buy drinks.

See more:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/971296/reflections-working-title-pilot-now-up#latest
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    edited March 2020
    Really haven't had the time to play recently due to how tired I've been
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    edited March 2020
    @emorrill

A lot will happen, but with how limtied sims is
    I have to see what to go with hehe.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @carlystur03 I solved the problem. It turns out I don’t even need World Adventures in order to use the mod! :smiley:

@emorrill Thank you. That means a lot to me.
    @Simtown15 I'm glad you solved your problem. :smile: Oh yeah. You can certainly do that.
    I moved Dianne and her family to Monte Vista (updates later), but all of the single teens are women, and Dianne is straight. What should I do so she can find a match? Should I create a guy? Send her to university? Something else?
    @Simtown15 If you don't already know this and if you send her to Uni, make sure you add the matched sim to your sim's household before you bring them back to your homeworld. They're considered as not full sims when they are "Tourists" by the game.

I, myself, would probably send my sim to University or to China, France, or Egypt to find a suitable partner.
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited March 2020
    @emorrill I'm looking forward to the next chapter. Don't worry, I'm still playing the game. There just isn't much to show, as it's mostly just preparation for something I may or may not play.

@GraceyManor I can imagine you must feel a bit burned out. Your story was flying at a breakneck speed :smile: .

Did you notice the rainbow in the last pic? Here it is again, with the skyline of OL.
    ccXiC37.jpg
    Well, Salvador sure loves to play around with that magnet.
    RO75XYw.jpg
    They both got wishes and opportunities concerning athletics at the same time, so here they go. Salvador, being insane, runs in his swimwear.
    8eJhlUU.jpg
    A meteor falling.
    OPBOryP.jpg
    Hmm, maybe it's just laziness, but on the plus side, it's kind of soothing to think that the developers count on the public having forgotten how a real smog sun looks like.
    FGpKGZR.jpg
    Allen finished his lifetime wish (zombie master). Even the ghosts still use - very solid - windcarvers.
    nAa9TaL.jpg

Anyway, most of that play is more or less a one-off. In a different game, I populated a small world with enough people to produce a run on the salon.
    NJ9XV8p.jpg
    The stylist had just finished arguing with the tattoo artist :smiley: .
    I originally wanted to go over all the clothes the inhabitants wear, but that just sounds like work. Which I'm not in the mood for. So, half-baked it stays, a usual :wink: .
    Post edited by Turjan on
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Silverofdreams30 Weekend was relaxing. :smiley:
    Thanks so much for the comments! I love those little toddlers!
    Goodness, I hope Jodie will be ok going in the mysterious house with the strange lady.

@Turjan When Marshall sat down at the puter to write again, he had Masterpiece as an option. So, I'm guessing it must show up after they've written the first masterpiece. I had him do a short book though since I need him working with Drew. He can do another masterpiece later. It took a long time to write the previous one.
    I actually used MC to make that family genies. I picked on them since they were already blue. lol
    Thanks for the comments! I like seeing them play peek a boo as well.
    Cool pic of the portal lights. I don't think I've ever seen it before.
    I giggled at the ghost on the windcarver! Great shot.

@SimsxZelda_fan Looks like she is having a great time and learning how to evade the cops!

@Simtown15 Reed and Hollie are cute jammin in pj's!
    Bummer about Hollie's death. I guess Reed will be next.
    Monte Vista is a nice world. I like making sims but if you don't there are certainly cute sims at uni you can partner your sims with.

@emorrill Thanks for the lovely comments. Made my day much better reading them.
    I do wish the animations for the rocking had been a bit more...well animated between the parent and the baby. That looking off is just weird. I played with my boy's toes or fingers or sang to him...he would start crying...told you I couldn't sing! lolololol
    I think the kids are gonna be so cute and have so much fun together.
    Cute picture of the guys. Nice and colorful.

@faerieduste Welcome to Sims 3 and the thread. Great pic of the deer.

@telmarina It really is fun seeing the sights as your eco sim travels on the bike around the town. Glad you are enjoying.

@Karritz I have one sim that had 4 alien babies, plus of course all his other kids that his wife had. I finally had to stop the abductions for fear of more babies.
    It is showing up on my feed now, it just took it a couple of days.

@lisasc360 hi...where is your update? :grin:

@GraceyManor Sorry to see you are not going to complete the story as it was interesting, but it does seem to happen that one can get burned out on a story or just need a break to go save a world in another game. :smiley:
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @bekkasan and @Turjan and @emorrill
    No worries, my story will come back.Just taking a short break from it.
    Plus I'm deciding what I want to do next, and Dragon Age Origins is helping.XD
    Hey everyone. :smiley: I'm excited to share these next couple of scenes of Chapter 5.
    Once again, it's a little amount of pictures, but lots of text so read through it so you don't miss anything important (or funny! :lol: ).

Disclaimer (of sorts):
    -I don't usually like to throw curse words out in my stories, but in some cases, and with some characters, they are necessary and just make it funnier. :p They've been edited for the forum.
    -There's short mention of alcoholic beverages and feminine hygiene products.

I hope y'all enjoy it. :blush:

Pelican Town to Sims Town
    Continuation of Chapter 5

Just as Penny finished getting herself dressed she heard another knock at the door. Her heart raced at the thought of it being Harvey again, but most likely it’s not, she thought. “Come in.”

“Hey,” Maru sweetly said as she entered the room. “We’re just about to head out, but I wanted to see how you’re doing first.”
    Penny’s smile beamed. “You’re so sweet. And seriously the bestest friend a girl could ask for.” The two gave each other a hug and afterward Penny sat herself back down on the bed again, still feeling a little lightheaded. “Thank you for looking after me, I’m feeling tons better,” she happily informed her friend, “except for this lightheaded feeling, but Harvey says that should ease up once I get rehydrated.”
    “I’m so glad,” Maru expressed, “and speaking of Harvey, I ran into him when he was on his way out of the house and...he had this giant smile on his face. I swear I haven’t seen him grin like that in...ever!”
    “Oh?” Penny asked, hiding a blushed smirk.
    “Yeeeah,” Maru said looking at her with a smirk as well. “What were you two talking about in here?”
    “Nothing really,” Penny replied, nervous to meet her gaze while twirling one of her bun-like ponytails.
    Maru folded her arms. “Something tells me more than a check-up was going on in here…”
    Penny’s mouth dropped in surprise. “It was nothing like that!” she exclaimed. “Seriously! We were just flirting a tiny bit…”
    “Harvey? Flirting? He’s awful at that!”
    “He really wasn’t…,” she blissfully said, staring into the wall and reliving that beautiful moment.

Hearing that surprised Maru, more so than the fact that Penny was flirting with him out of all the guys, and it felt strange for her to realize she may not know Harvey as well as she thought; or her best friend for that matter. Was something in this world coaxing everyone toward another side of themselves? Is this all part of the Wizard’s plan? She shook her head, hoping not, and felt even more determined to research the heck out of this place. She could sense mystery everywhere.

“You okay?” Penny asked her.
    “Hmm? Oh, uh...yeah,” Maru replied, “I just got a little lost in some thoughts there.”

49592514288_8fe7ef8aa3_c.jpg

Penny surveyed her for a moment. “I hope that my flirting with Harvey doesn’t bother you…”

Now THAT took Maru by surprise! Her eyes widened as she asked, “Why would that bother me?”
    “Oh...I dunno,” Penny hesitated for a moment. “It’s just we both know Harvey’s had feelings for you in the past and I know you were never interested in return I just...always wondered…”
    “I don’t think he ever had any serious feelings for me,” Maru countered. “He just asked me one time if I’d like to go to lunch with him and it made me feel a little uneasy,” she paused. “I mean my immediate thought at the time was, ‘Uhh, he’s my boss and like...10 years older than me! Eww.’”
    Normally Penny would’ve chuckled at that, but instead she frowned. “He’s 10 years older than me too...are you implying there’s something wrong with that?”
    “No! Well...okay...maybe a tiny bit. It’s just such a big age gap. But then again,” she scratched at her temple, “I guess age doesn’t really matter the older we get so...and I’ve never pegged him to be the cradle robber type.”
    “He’s definitely not. And really, if you think about it, there’s not a whole lot of options in the single ladies department for him in a tiny town like home.”
    Maru shrugged. “Good point.” Why didn’t I think about that?
    “So,” Penny continued, eyeballing her carefully, “I was thinking of asking him out. Do you think I should?”
    “Of course!” Maru quickly expressed, “I think you two would have a lot of fun together.”
    “You seriously don’t have any feelings for him?” Penny had to double check. “I mean, I know you Maru. We’ve known each other our whole lives and you’re my best friend. It’s because of that that I wouldn’t ever want to do anything to hurt you.”

Maru looked her friend directly in the eye with a gentle smile and said, “Penny trust me...I’ve never had any feelings for Harvey. He’s always just been my work buddy and fellow geek,” she chuckled. “Really, you have nothing to worry about,” she assured with a dismissive wave of her hand.

49593013261_9ee763aa59_c.jpg

“But thank you for being so considerate,” she added.
    “You’re welcome,” Penny smiled, then glanced away for a moment with a lovesick sigh. “Oh Maru...I never thought I’d ever feel this way about him since he always made me so nervous, but,” she paused, heart fluttering, “I really like him.” She met her gaze again. “He’s so much more charming than I ever imagined him to be. I can’t stop thinking about him.”

49593256122_9c67f3b160_c.jpg

“Aww, well then go for him girl!” Maru said, playfully swatting at her friend’s shoulder. “Harvey’s a great guy and you two would make such a cute couple.”
    “Oh...well...uh,” Penny uttered shyly, standing up from the bed, “I dunno if he’s looking at becoming a couple, but I certainly wouldn’t mind it.” She grinned happily.
    “Well you said he was flirting back with you right? So...that certainly means there’s potential for you two to hook up. Plus that man’s not getting any younger and he knows it!”
    They both laughed.

49592514473_1aea677cbd_c.jpg

“Thanks girl,” Penny said, giving her dear friend a hug.
    “You’re welcome sweetie,” Maru said, squeezing her for a second and then breaking the embrace. “I keep wondering if there’s something in the air around here...Elliott and Leah suddenly hook up, Haley and Alex seem to be flirting more than usual, and now here you and Harvey are crushing on each other.”
    “I know,” Penny breathed. “It’s wonderful isn’t it?”

“...Sure,” Maru said, then looked away in thought, feeling a sinking in her stomach. She really wanted to say, Honestly, it feels suspicious. And I don’t like it.

On this day of exploration it was decided that Abigail, Leah and Maru would go out and explore different areas of the countryside, collecting plants, rocks, gems, soil, insects, and other small wildlife to study to help them gain more knowledge about the world. With Maru in possession of a chemistry table and Harvey in possession of a rather fascinating “ZRX-9000 Science Research Station” they figured there had to be a reason for that. Whether for studying or analyzing - to aid in that “enlightenment” the Wizard mentioned - or for some other purposeful reasons they didn’t have any way of knowing and figured it best to be prepared with an inventory of items.

On the guys end it was decided that Harvey, Alex and Shane would brave the town, meeting the locals and checking out the buildings and resources available to them. Sebastian and Sam gladly offered to be the ones to stay behind at the house in case anyone came over for a visit, but mostly it was so they could jam out on all those new instruments in their room that were familiar to them, yet so foreign at the same time. Elliott mentioned discovering something called the “World-wide Web” on the computer when he was typing down some thoughts on living in a new world and found it to be a treasure trove of billions of information and knowledge. “I’m sure to find out ALL about this planet’s history,” he said, “and I’ll report back anything important and helpful that I find.”

Two vehicles sat parked out in front of the men’s house, a large truck and a motorcycle which Sebastian was overjoyed to discover! However Harvey advised that he control himself from riding it until they familiarized themselves more with the town and countryside. Sebastian obeyed, much to his displeasure, but knew it was the wise thing to do. In the meantime he would just polish it up like he did often with his motorcycle back home.

So Harvey, Alex and Shane squeezed themselves into the truck, Shane insisting that Alex sit between him and Harvey, and headed toward the town. Harvey found his driving skills to be a little rusty, but got back into the hang of it in no time.

Their first stop was the Grocery Store to see what was available there to meet their everyday necessities. Even though they all knew life in this world is really no different than life back home, except for the more advanced technology, Harvey was still determined to leave no stone unturned in their quest to familiarize themselves with this place. Shane was none too thrilled at Harvey’s choice for the first stop. He was losing patience more and more by the minute since he woke for the day, wanting nothing more than to find a bar. I guess they wouldn’t serve me a drink this early in the morning anyway, he thought with a miffed eye-roll, but then his eyes lit up. Maybe they have an alcoholic beverage section here in the store! They should! SCORE! He promptly exited the truck.

“Move it Harvey!” he ordered, whipping right past the Doctor to enter through the door first. He faintly heard Harvey say, “Geez,” as he almost lost his footing, but Shane didn’t care. His tunnel vision was leading him to only one thing.

The light at the end of the tunnel opened fully to reveal a wide range of colorful bottles, nestled in the back corner of the store where alcoholic beverages were usually kept, even at the Joja Mart where he worked as a stock-person back home. Shane studied them all carefully. It came as no surprise that the names were odd, but they all ended with the word ‘Juice.’

49646526812_e8bf06a7ce_c.jpg

“What the hell is all this Juice stuff!?” he spoke just a hair above a whisper and kept on inspecting the bottles, grabbing each one and turning it over to read the exact ingredients. “This is NOT the area where juice is located!” He began to feel an impending panic, his breath growing heavy and his hands trembling more rapidly, as not even the word “alcohol” was showing up anywhere on the bottles.

“Son of a B***h!” he muttered through gritted teeth.

49645715523_b8bb63d51e_c.jpg

On the other side of the store Alex declared a little louder than he intended, “Oh good they have some.”
    “What is that?” Harvey asked from the medicine aisle, looking over the top of the shelves at him.
    Alex blushed for a second. “Feminine hygiene products. Haley asked me if I would check and see if they have some here at the stores.”
    Harvey’s eyebrows rose. “Are you sure she doesn’t need you to pick some up for her?”
    The color drained from Alex’s face. “I don’t...think so,” he nervously replied, whipping out his phone. “I think I’ll message her and ask.”
    Harvey nodded in agreement and looked back down at the shelf, expressing a tiny chuckle as he continued to study the items on it. The names were different, but he got the general idea of what each box or bottle was supposed to treat. Then he heard a slight squeaking sound as Shane came to a halt in front of the checkout counter.

“Welcome to Darris Teeter’s Grocery,” the lady greeted him. “Is there anything I can help you find?”
    That’s the same exact thing she said when we walked in, Harvey thought with an arched brow. And in the same exact tone too...
    “Yes, actually,” Shane replied in frustration. “Where are your alcoholic beverages?”
    The lady stared at him blankly, head co’cked, with that ever present smile on her face. “I’m not sure what you mean?”
    “ALCOHOL!” Shane shouted, his hands outstretched. “Beer! Wine! Vodka! Whiskey! Rum! Any of those ringing a bell? Or are you really that stupid!?”
    “Alright Shane,” Harvey stopped, stepping forward and lowering Shane’s arm. He spoke softly towards his ear, “The names could be different here; everything else is. Let me handle this.” Shane grumbled, turning away, as Harvey stepped closer to greet the lady. “Hi,” he began, “you’ll have to excuse him. We come from WAY out of town and it would seem you all carry a wide variety of items that we aren’t familiar with. If someone wanted to say...drink something that would make them feel really good, like as a release from all of their problems, what might the name of those beverages be?”

The lady gave off the same, robotic expression. “I don’t understand. Is there anything I can help you find?”

Pursing his lips for a moment, Harvey decided to try a different approach. “I’m sorry I haven’t properly introduced myself,” he said, holding out his hand. “My name is Harvey and you are?”
    Alex and Shane shot each other a glance as if to say, “What the hell is he doing?”
    The lady took his hand and answered, “Roxanne.”
    Harvey continued to hold her hand while placing his other hand over it. “Roxanne...that’s a very pretty name. And this is a wonderful little establishment you have here.”
    “Thank you! It’s my father’s store.”
    “Oh really?” Harvey said with wide eyes while continuing to grip her hand. “Well do tell him that I’ve never seen a finer grocery store in all my life with such a great layout and fully stocked shelves.”
    “Stocked shelves my a**,” Shane muttered.
    “I will do that,” the lady smiled, not pulling her hand away much to all three of the men’s surprise.
    A sinking feeling started to develop in Harvey’s stomach for a few seconds before finally releasing the woman’s hand. “So...uh…” he stammered, “what does your family like to do outside of manning the store? We’d love to hear about some fun and recreational places to visit here.”
    “Nothing,” came the simple reply with a shrug. “I hope you enjoyed your visit here at Darris Teeter’s Grocery. Have a lovely day. Come again soon!” She waved.

The three men shot each other some confused glances and then promptly turned and exited the store.

Outside, Harvey gripped his chin in thought, while Alex and Shane shared some of their thoughts about that interesting experience.

49592514643_d9110e7781_c.jpg

“Did that girl seem a little off to you?” Alex asked the both of them.
    “I’ll say!” Shane said without hesitation. “Who doesn’t know what an alcoholic beverage is? I’d say that chick is a few cards short of a full deck!”
    Alex laughed.
    “She’s cuckoo for Stardew Puffs I tell ya!”

49593013496_0284fb734c_c.jpg

“Maybe,” Alex said then paused to think. “She seemed kinda...robotic.”
    “Precisely,” Harvey said. “You two stay here for a second, I’m gonna go back in there and test something.”
    Shane rolled his eyes while stepping out of Harvey’s way as he entered the store again. “Really Harvey? Can’t you just give your nerdy brain a rest for a while?”
    “I won’t be long,” the Doctor replied.

49592514538_5097f3154d_c.jpg

Once the door closed, Shane and Alex shot each other a look of curiosity, but brushed it off quickly. Shane then shoved his hands into his pockets and glanced around at the buildings, the pigeons flying overhead, and the scenery, shaking a little bit. Alex found that odd.
    “You okay man?” he asked, feeling an unusual concern for this guy whom he almost always didn’t get along with.
    “Yeah!” Shane replied with a hint of irritation. “Why do you ask?”
    “Sorry it just...looked like you were shivering or something when it’s pretty hot out here.”
    “I’m not shivering, I just had one of those random muscle spasms. You should know which kind I’m talking about Mr. Athletic.”
    “Yeah I do,” Alex promptly answered, which he would’ve said even if he hadn’t. He could see he angered the beast and wasn’t sure why.
    “I’m fine!” Shane felt to asservate. “I’ll be even more so once Harvey gets his a** back out here so we can find a bar! Or I'll leave you both and find it myself!”
    Hmm…

Right after Shane said that, the door to the store opened and out came Harvey, saying goodbye to the cashier lady. He wore a blank expression on his face and didn’t even acknowledge his two companions as he walked right on past them, stopping before the street, and sighing, staring out at the clouds hovering over the mountains in the distance. For a few seconds, no one spoke; and no vehicles drove by either. There was just the silence of nature, except for the sound of a gentle breeze rustling the leaves on the nearby trees.

“What’s wrong?” Alex finally asked. “What was it you were testing out?”

Harvey sighed again and then glanced over his shoulder at them as he replied, “When I went back in there that lady greeted me in the very same way and tone she greeted us twice before. There was no, ‘Oh hey you’re back,’ or ‘Did you forget something?’ So I asked her, ‘You don’t remember me? I was just in here a few seconds ago.’ Then she replied, ‘Nope,’ and repeated the greeting.’” He stared back at the clouds again.
    Alex was surprised for a moment, but then shrugged. “Maybe she has short term memory loss?”
    “No, it’s not that,” Harvey said. “This doesn’t make any sense…”
    “Well you’re a doctor Harvey,” Shane mocked, “figure it out.”
    “I did.”

Now the two stared at his backside with great curiosity.

Harvey finally turned to face them and revealed in a grim voice, “She’s not real.”

49593256402_3febf76746_c.jpg

Alex’s eyes widened.
    “What!?” Shane cried. “Have you finally lost your marbles Harvey? How can she NOT be real? We could see her, talk with her, and you even touched her! Which by the way you held onto her hand for a disturbingly long time!”
    “Because I was discreetly checking for a pulse. There wasn’t one.”
    “What is it with you in checking everyone’s pulse! Leave us all the hell alone!”
    “I had a suspicion so I--”
    “Can’t you just quit playing doctor for like ONE second in your life and--”
    “Shut up Shane!” Alex ordered. “And let the man talk.”
    “Excuse me!?”
    “Harvey, are you sure she had no pulse? I mean, she looked pretty darn real and lifelike to me.”
    “Positive,” the doctor replied. “Her skin was unusually cold too. That woman in there is not a living, breathing human being.”
    There was a pause. “So...are you saying she’s an android?”
    “Possibly.” He stroked his mustache. “Which would be really quite fascinating, but at the same time,” he paused, “I have a bad feeling about this.” Alex’s eyes bored into his, begging for an explanation; Shane simply didn’t care. “Let’s just hope she’s the only android around here. If in fact that’s what she is.”
    Alex’s brow furrowed, unsure of what he meant by that.
    “We should be on our way…”
    “‘Bout time!” Shane emphatically agreed.

To be continued... :)
  • faeriedustefaerieduste Posts: 44 Member
    I really liked how the Grim Reaper takes horses away to the afterlife so I decided to play a storyline where an incompetent Reaper is stuck in the mortal realm trying to become best friends with an aggressive unicorn whose time has prematurely come. Unfortunately for him the unicorn is absolutely not interested in dying so upper management has decided to keep the Reaper in the mortal realm until he can convince the unicorn to accompany him to the afterlife.
    Origin ID: faerieduste
  • MelodiousaMelodiousa Posts: 17 Member
    I created a new family that is barbie themed! kicked the altos out of their house (sorry altos) and decorated it all the shade of white and pink I wanted (only took about 4 hours, sigh), wish I could share pictures =(
    edited March 2020
    @Turjan

The future world looks really cool, I have not played much with
    it.

@bekkasan

Don't worry, Jodie will be fine. The witch is not evil
    hehe.

@GraceyManor

Have fun with Dragon Age.

@emorrill

Like you told me " oh the plot thickens" :p
    Robotic lady hmm, now what kind of world have they landed in? :*
    Penny and Harvey flirting in the past chapter was really cute,
    I love how good friend she and Maru are <3
    It was good Shane could not get any alcoholic beverage that time,
    but I'm sure he's fuming over it.

Post edited by Silverofdreams30 on
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@GraceyManor Great news!

@emorrill Update!! :smiley:
    I'm glad that Penny and Maru could have that talk and clear up any confusion or hesitation on Penny's part.
    Maru is very astute in figuring out what is going on between Harvey and Penny :grin:
    Good to see Penny feeling better. She needs to get out of that room and see some of the new world, and not be a 'patient' for Harvey to take care of now.
    lol at Maru' suspicions about the world. Do they have Twilight Zone or X-Files in StarDew Valley? She may have watched too many episodes.
    Sebastian can't take off on the motorcycle and see the town! Bummer!
    lol at Elliott exploring the web. Should help find out some things.
    Poor Shane can't find the good stuff!
    lol at Alex hunting for feminine products for Haley.
    oh, weird, the clerk has no pulse and is not breathing. A robot or android. Perhaps Maru is right to be suspicious!
    Great update and enjoyed reading it this morning while I drank my coffee. Look forward to more...get cracking!! lol

@faerieduste I had to take a picture of grim reaping a horse for one of my sims doing photography and was amazed at the animation for it. They did great with that one. Sounds like an interesting story.

Jennifer had to interview this lady for her boss and she chased her around town til she stopped near the athletic tents. Such a beautiful sunset that evening.
    49644654078_6050717efc_o.jpg

Happy simming!
  • Hope_sharifHope_sharif Posts: 7 New Member
    The [b]mother[/b] froze to death, her [b]son[/b] threw her a funeral, there were 4 fires in her funeral, only one succeeded to kill the [b]father[/b], the grim reaper appeared, the [b]daughter[/b] stated chating with the reaper!......
    Teen witch save update

jxvjvOA.jpg

Jodie accepted and went inside,
    it was heavily raining so she could not go on home yet anyway.

edcB21t.jpg

She was amazed at how it looked indoors, she had never seen a house
    like this one before.

lWsDu3f.jpg

She sat down on the sofa.

8kfdRjO.jpg

Madame soon joined her

apQesWG.jpg

" This is a lovely home," Jodie told the other woman.

CSS9XQe.jpg

" Thank you, Jodie was it?t?" The woman said smiling.

f24yrV8.jpg

The woman found Jodie to be an interesting person, she seemed so similar to herself when
    she was at her age. She wondered...

" Jodie ?, I knew that name, you must be one of us" she exclaimed after a while.

v8mYqSt.jpg

" How do you know who I am, when we met you did not seem to know me
    "? Jodie asked and looked at her.

O6Xgtei.jpg

" You are one of us old witches, Jodie, when you walked in here, I knew something was different
    about you, have you turned 16 yet?"

Jodie could not believe a word of what that woman had just told her,
    " What, you tell me I am a witch, but I have no powers"!
    She responded after a bit of silence.

" Yes Jodie, your powers should turn up just after your 16th birthday, if they have not yet
    they will soon
    ".

Jodie could not believe what she heard, " so my powers will turn up"? " How do I know"?

" A few days after your 16th birthday, you will know it cant be avoided," the woman said and pointed towards
    her spellbook. " it's all in this book if you do not believe me go check it".

fDsXhH7.jpg

Jodie walked up to the spellbook, she read through the written passage and

realized what the woman had said was true.

To be continued

Hey friends. :) It was nice to wake up to a few of your sweet comments to my recent Chapter 5 update. <3 Thank you. Glad y'all enjoyed it. :blush:

Comments:

@Turjan
    emorrill I'm looking forward to the next chapter. Don't worry, I'm still playing the game. There just isn't much to show, as it's mostly just preparation for something I may or may not play.
    ^I hope you enjoy the next part of the chapter. :blush:
    Yeah, maybe others are still playing too, but doesn't feel like there's much to show. Thanks for the comment. :)
    That's one giant magnet! :lol:
    Ooooh, nice shot you captured of the meteor falling there. :star: (I do hate those things... :confounded: Hope none of your characters got killed and you had to do a restart.)

@faeriduste Welcome to the thread. :grin: Your story with Grim being stuck in the mortal realm with the unicorn sounds fantastic! :star: I would totally read it!

@Melodiousa Welcome to the forums and to this thread. :grin: I downloaded a CC Barbie dreamhouse once planning to play the Barbie characters out a little bit. ;) (That "Barbie: Life in the Dreamhouse" cracks me up! :lol: )

@Silverofdreams30
    Like you told me " oh the plot thickens" :p
    ^Hee hee. :naughty:
    Thanks for all the sweet compliments. <3 I could tell you really enjoyed reading it. :mrgreen:
    Oh Shane is definitely fuming over not getting his fix. Just wait..... :neutral:
    ;)
    ----
    Yay! New story update from you. :smiley:
    That's quite the patterned house. :p
    Madame is a pretty sim too. :) She's got a little bit of that Morgana Wolff vibe going on. ;)
    Their conversation was fantastically written! Well done! :star: So Jodie's witch powers will surface once she turns 16. Hmmmm.... :smirk:
    I can't imagine the whirlwind of emotions going through Jodie's mind right now. I'd personally be freaked! :worried:
    I can't wait to see your leading man. :smirk:<3
    Awesome awesome update! :star:

@bekkasan Thanks for your previous reply comments to mine. <3
    I played with my boy's toes or fingers or sang to him...he would start crying...told you I couldn't sing! lolololol
    ^LOL! :lol: I about spit out my drink reading that!
    ----
    I knew you'd be happy to see a story update from me when you woke up this morning. :smirk:<3
    Maru is very astute in figuring out what is going on between Harvey and Penny :grin:
    ^Was she? Huh...I didn't notice...
    :p
    Oh we both know Penny would love to continue being Harvey's patient. :smirk::lol:
    Not sure if Twilight Zone or X-Files is around in the Stardew Valley world, but it's pretty much based in the age before cell phones and internet so quite possibly. :grin:
    Hee hee, I'm chuckling at all of your little comments about the characters. :mrgreen: I can sense that you sense Shane is gonna crack soon. ;)
    Yup. Is she an android or something else entirely???
    Look forward to more...get cracking!! lol
    ^That's the plan after this busy weekend. We're taking L to the Valley. I hate that it's a 3 hour drive...
    Thank you always for reading and for your sweet comments. :kissing_heart:
    Oh wow! That is one fiery sunset!

@Hope_sharif Welcome to the forum and to this thread. :grin:
    The mother froze to death, her son threw her a funeral, there were 4 fires in her funeral, only one succeeded to kill the father, the grim reaper appeared, the daughter stated chating with the reaper!......
    ^Oh my :scream:
    So devastating, yet so hilarious at the same time. :lol:

@king_of_simcity7 I posted some comments on your story thread. :)

@GraceyManor Good to know. :) Glad you're gaining some inspiration from the game. ;)
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited March 2020
    @bekkasan I see. Your sim needs to have written 25 books for the masterpiece to show up in the options, and Connor had done that (via SP, not my doing). He was mostly specialized in horror btw., and his horror series with the default titles were somewhere between numbers 5 and 7 :lol: .
    Ah, you made the genies! Right, I didn't think of the point EA usually didn't use multi-EP dependencies, and genies are Showtime, if I remember correctly. That's cool!
    Thank you! That's a very atmospheric shot of the sports tent area :smile: .

@GraceyManor Great :smile: ! Just take your time and enjoy the game until you feel your creative juices flowing again.

@emorrill Good you cleared that up with Maru. I wonder where she will end up :smiley:
    Great (part of a) chapter! So Shane is on a forced withdrawal? I guess he will see whether juice helps with that or not.
    Of course, I read the “I have a bad feeling about this” in the original voice, and not of one of those copycats :lol: . Now I'm curious whether the rest of the world is also not real.
    Btw, a similar thought came up in my planned "storyline" (if you can call it that) regarding the game future, but more as an afterthought than a central point. You'll see (or not) :wink: .
    Yes, I enjoyed that story :smile: . Giant magnets? I have a bunch of those after I had to start that opportunity chain four times for it to go through. The magnet attracts rocks down from space.
    No worries about meteors. I hope death flowers help with this, too.

@Silverofdreams30 Yup, the future looks quite nice, although there isn't really much to do. I mostly use it for getting the kids out of school for a while and adjusting relative ages (the visitors to the future age, but sims in the homeworld don't). I also get genetically related offspring there for sims who usually wouldn't get any.
    That older witch is really pretty. Nice home!

0Qj8ouu.jpg
    I'm not 100% sure, but I thought I caught Grim mourning a moment before this shot.
    ZcZMwLY.jpg
    He went on to go pillow-fighting with someone else afterwards.

edited March 2020
    Update time! It's been a while and a lot has happened!
    The family moved to Monte Vista!
    Screenshot-171.jpg
    A few days later, Reed died and waas buried next to Hollie. (They took Hollie's grave with them.)
    [img]https://i.postimg.cc/tCLKfzNX/Screenshot-180.jpg[/img Dianne befriended Alessandra Giordano.[/img]Screenshot-199.jpg
    However, while Alessandra was sleeping over, I noticed that Dianne was stressed. I clicked to auto-solve her fun bar and... this happened.
    Screenshot-202.jpg
    Several days later, the girls got married.
    Screenshot-223.jpg
    Meanwhile, Liam came out as gay, dated a guy named Luigi, caught him cheating, and broke up with him. Poor Liam. Will he ever find true love? Well... at least he's an astronaut now!
    Screenshot-225.jpg
    After Liam's promotion, the family moved into a large house closer to the town center. This one has 4 bedrooms; perfect for a growing family. ;)
    Screenshot-227.jpg
    I tried to have the girls try for a baby with Nraas Woohooer, but I saved beforehand in case the game got corrupted... and that's exactly what happened! Thank goodness I saved! I'll just have them engineer a baby now that I have Into the Future installed!
    Up next: Into the Future!
    Into the Future!
    While she was still a teen, Dianne found a mysterious time portal! She met Emit Relevart and went to the future!
    Screenshot-188.jpg
    She flew around using a jetpack, met her descendents, and then returned home.
    Screenshot-193.jpg
    Screenshot-195.jpg
    Screenshot-196.jpg
    Later, as a young adult, Dianne returned with her girlfriend, Alessandra.
    Screenshot-211.jpg
    They tried out the dream pod woohoo and ate synthesized food!
    Screenshot-213.jpg
    Screenshot-218.jpg
    Soon, I'm going to have Dianne try to change the future! Let me know: utopia or distopia? :)
  • matthewst10matthewst10 Posts: 47 Member
    My sim Jackson threw a birthday party for himself, had an amazing party, and became a young adult.
    b4EghlD.jpg

He graduated as a valedictorian the next day and was voted the most likely to have a big family!
    hAU91Z4.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top