Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @bekkasan
    Hi! =) I actually had googled NRAAS website for my issue, but couldn't find an answer.
    Even though I had mover, portrait, and MC and SP installed, it still wouldn't allow me to
    move more than 8 in, even with the mc setting set to true.I found a workaround, I moved the new
    sims into a seperate home, went into live mode, scrolled over to them and clicked "add to household"
    and that worked.

Yeah, I'm loosely following the storyline of the game.Flemeth is the witch of the wilds,
    and her daughter is Morrigan....Not going to give spoilers, but anyways.After the battle
    in the game, the King died, and only Alistair and the new grey warden survived, and Flemeth saved
    them, and told them to allow morrigan to assist with their journey.

As for Edward and Jacob, yes Edward is caring and good natured.But what king doesn't want a glorious
    battle? He even stated to Duncan, that he had hoped for a battle like in the legends, a King riding beside
    the grey wardens to end the tide of evil....And that's what Jacob meant, his wanting to live out a fairytale
    would be his undoing.

They were well prepared...They had planned for Eleana to send a signal, telling Jacob and his army to charge
    the darkspawn.....However Jacob sounded the "retreat" and left them all to die.

I don't know if I would be all lovey dovey after almost dying in a battle...I'd be tired and want rest.XD

@emorrill
    I actually almost did kill Edward off...I seriously contemplated it, and almost
    killed him...to follow the original game storyline...but I couldn't XD

(no worries no gore here)
    Yes, Morrigan's mother was the griffon, and saved them both but "twas a close call."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwvTy_2cgKE
    As for the lack of emotion by Edward and Eleana....-pokes video- they feel more like
    Alistair does here.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    My Sims will be getting the train in the next update :smile:

87159965_10156997449566497_3866370903214391296_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ohc=qJqgn9Up8noAX9G9lzh&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr4-2.fna&oh=d2c7ac652c8807798aa1bdaac0c71a89&oe=5F0395D8
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @king_of_simcity7
    What world are you playing in?
  • Options
    @GraceyManor That is RFlong's Beach City which has the station in it. I have used it before for station scenes but the train has not appeared
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @king_of_simcity7
    I thought I recognized it, but wasn't sure.Thanks!
  • Options
    Screenshot-24.jpg
    "Maiden? Is that you?"Eleana's horse appeared from the hills, scared
    and nervous as can be."Come, Maiden!"

Screenshot-25.jpg
    "Oh Maiden! You poor thing.Did those nasty monsters get you?"
    Maiden nuzzled her owner, begging for carrots.XD

Screenshot-26.jpg
    Roi appeared shortly after, searching for his owner as well.

Screenshot-27.jpg
    "Good boy, Roi." Edward rubbed Roi's nose, and did his best
    to calm the poor animal.

Screenshot-31.jpg
    They all continued their walk to Lothering."So Alistair, How did you become a
    grey warden?" Eleana asked, making small talk with her companions.

Alistair:"Same way you did.
    Drank some darkspawn blood, you choke on it, and pass out.You haven't forgotten already
    have you?"
    Eleana: I meant before that.
    Alistair: Oh, well let's see, I was in the chantry. I trained for many years to become a templar,
    in fact, that's where I learned most of my skills.

Eleana: What skills might those be?

Alistair: (haha): Well, It wasn't an easy life you know.I don't know if you noticed or not,
    I'm not exactly the chantry type.The Grand Cleric didn't want to let me go.Duncan was
    forced to conscript me and boy was she mad.I thought she was going to have us both
    arrested.I guess we were both lucky.

Eleana: Why did the grand cleric want to keep you?
    Alistair: I often wondered that myself.Its not like she valued me.I
    just think she didn't want to give anything to the grey wardens is all.
    The chantry didn't do much for me, and I think I could do more fighting darkspawn
    anyways.I'll always be thankful for Duncan....if he hadn't, if we...
    Eleana: I'm sorry...This must be hard for you.He was a good man.
    Alistair: He was.A good man who didn't deserve his fate, that much I'm sure.
    Come we have tasks ahead.

Screenshot-32.jpg
    Eleana: So what do we do? Morrigan?
    Morrigan: Go after your enemy directly, once you take down this Jacob,
    then the battle with darkspawn can be fought without added stress.
    Alistair: Right...its not like he doesn't have an army, and weapons and power.
    Morrigan: I was asked for my opinion, and I gave it.If your idea is to stand around
    arguing why something can not be done, then we'll be food for darkspawn.
    Edward: Enough bickering! Eleana and I will go into town, you both can sit here.

Screenshot-35.jpg
    "Are you Marcus?" Eleana asked a young gentleman nearby.
    Marcus: Yes, is there something I can do for you m'lady?
    Eleana: I found this locket..it had your name on it...
    Marcus: Oh! Eric's! I wonder how many more of us will meet our fate...
    Marcus looked at Edward, he vaguely recognized him.
    Marcus: Excuse me sir, have we met before? You seem familiar.
    Edward: Yes, but I was much younger and covered in mud....
    Marcus: ....Mud....King Edward? It is you isn't it?

Screenshot-34.jpg
    Marcus: And this must be your new bride.Forgive me, your
    majesties with all the stress with the civil war and this blight.
    And with Arl Eamon being sick, I'm afraid my mind is a bit boggled
    And Jacob....
    Eleana: What has Jacob being doing?
    Marcus: He says grey wardens are traitors to Edward, and left him for dead
    I don't believe it...it is an act of a desperate man...He has named himself King
    and claimed the throne....I was hoping to meet with Arl Eamon to discuss this
    dire situation...
    Edward: You mentioned Arl Eamon is ill? What happened?
    Marcus: No one knows..Arl Eamon fell ill before this betrayal....but what if Jacob
    planned that to? Oh, such things do not sit will me well...I must take leave, Queen
    Eleana, King Edward, forgive me.
    Edward: Farewell, Marcus.Maker watch over you.
    Marcus: Maker watch over us all.

Screenshot-37.jpg
    Eleana felt tears welling up inside, she would be lying if she said
    she wasn't scared.
    Edward: Don't cry Eleana..We'll fix this...I promise...And I'm not
    letting anyone hurt you...
    Eleana: I love you....

Screenshot-38.jpg
    Edward: And you know I love you.Come, let's get back to the others
    we have a mess to fix.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    edited February 2020
    I haven't actually played for a couple of days. I'll catch up properly in a bit. Meanwhile, here are the photos from my last playing session!

Lysander having fun with his imaginary friend. Hermia didn't get one.

uu12pIk.jpg

Theseus needed to sleep, but the cat was in the way...

iOKFVHY.jpg

I think this was a mood enhancer potion.

A7LnMX2.jpg

Aww, snuggle time! And yes, I did put in windows later.

Oup2AXt.jpg

Birthday time!

UEfwZNI.jpg

Titania daydreaming... about herself.

EyY2NKB.jpg

There was a stray dog in the garden, and it died :(

4r50dwx.jpg

Lysander just witnessed his imaginary friend grow up.

wrMwu8H.jpg

Titania wasn't feeling too good... ;) why is it up past her shoulder, though?

0RmKFM1.jpg

Lysander thought he'd follow in his daddy's footsteps.

r8SOv5J.jpg

Hermia also grew up!

vVinPOT.jpg

Yup, looks like Hermia is going to be a big sister!

zKfGjtu.jpg

Despite being made of solid walls, somehow the local deer can still walk through the house.

na6s706.jpg

I thought Lysander had gone off to school... nope, he was playing chess. :#

LXSPPvr.jpg

Theseus found out, and was not impressed.

jv8oBXM.jpg

Uh oh, the Tragic Clown curse strikes again...

DjDH6nM.jpg

Ooh, what's happening here?

Rsg2Zq6.jpg

Skittles, Lysander's imaginary friend, turned real! Theseus made the Imaginary Friend Metamorphium potion. The dress is one of the few bits of CC I have. Her hair was originally blue, but I changed it to black with orange highlights and tips.

mXDYCPf.jpg

Titania's in labour!

1umrN84.jpg

You might be less confused about your homework if you went to school more often, Lysander...

WLbbgGf.jpg

It's a little girl! They named her Iolanthe.

BDj2t4G.jpg
  • Options
    LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 I'll sometimes get those creepy glitches with my sims where their expressions stay static for a little bit...even when they're angry about something or excited. :lol:

@emorrill The wrinkles on Kurasoberina Adult skin aren't nearly as bad as the elder skins, but I find that they're still a bit too wrinkly for my liking compared to other skins. I like the Primer skin because it's included for babies too. Not many custom skins are provided for the infant stage. Although, right now, I'm using that baby skin from burntwaffles and really like the way it looks.

@Turjan Desiree is really pretty and nice looking CAS sim! :)

@king_of_simcity7 Very nice update!

@GraceyManor I wouldn't be surprised. In most stories, it's always that one person the king or queen trusts the most that ends up betraying them.
    I wonder what Edward and Eleana are going to do now. Grrrr, Jacob! He deserves a good kick! Also, in one of the pictures, there's a globe in the background. Is that supposed to be there? It's the 5th picture. :lol:

@king_of_simcity7 Lucy's very pretty! :)

@HillyBeth Maeve is uniquely stunning!

@bekkasan Nice story outfit and pictures! I love the poses you use as well. A lot of the objects you use in your game, I have, but haven't really used before.

@GraceyManor Oh good! Maiden and Roi are all right! I'm 100% sure Jacob planned Eamon's illness. He's probably been plotting for quite a while now.

@Lucy_Henley I always thought it was odd that some kids got imaginary friends and others didn't. I find them a little annoying because kids will usually sit in front of doorways to play with them and block paths. So, I got a mod, which got rid of them completely.
    Awww, poor puppy! :(
    Titania sure is talented. :lol:
    You gotta love the glitches you can get with this game, even with all those Nraas mods to fix them.
    Congratulations on Skittles turning real!
    Yay new baby!
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Starting at page 3798

@Brandontaylor Hello back. Nice to see you here again. I'm a bit behind on my comments/feedback. I've not been able to focus over the past week or two and my microphone and speakers are playing up badly. And I've got heaps of other things I should be doing right now. I hope you are able to play your game at the moment.

@king_of_simcity7 Loretta is a pretty sim. I like the blue top and her hair, as well as her pretty face. Krista looks good too. I hope they get on well with each other - or do whatever it is you need them to do for your stories.

@Lucy_Henley nice to see the toddlers enjoying the playpen. It is much easier to have two in the playpen together as so many of their needs are kept up high when there are two in the playpen. And they can play peekaboo together and become friends easily. Plus lots of other things too. I find playpens to be very useful with my big households, until I need the toddlers to read their books then I tend to put the playpens into the family inventory to prevent other sims from constantly picking up the toddlers and putting them into the playpens.

I hope your sims enjoyed their visit to France.

@emorrill your Elliott looks like he's enjoying a dreamy moment as he smiles quietly to himself in bed.

I'm glad you like the new skin tone. I have lots of different skins I use for my sims. But there are a few I have installed that I just probably will never use as I don't like the look of the sims in CAS with those skins on. I am sometimes tempted to just go with one of those skins and see if they look better in game. I do use both of the skins you mentioned. I find having different skins for different sims makes them look less alike and I find I'm always after variety and individuality with my sims.

@HillyBeth your children's adult forms look like they are going to be lots of fun.

@GraceyManor your pictures are beautiful.

I hope you found your answer to which mods you need to have more than 8 sims in a household. I don't actually know the answer as I've had it set up for a long time now but I do know there are a few of them that are needed for it to work. I'd recommend having a look at the NRAAS site and getting the list from there.

@Silverofdreams30 - muscle man - no shirt. He looks good. Jade's hair looks great too. Actually all of her looks good.

@Shadow_Assassin he looks scary.

@SimsxZelda_fan your upgrade to Bridgeport makes it look nice and modern.

@rubyskywalker good luck with your world. I can't give you any tips though as I am clueless when it comes to making worlds.

@Steffstar I made myself a brand new Plant Sim yesterday. I want him for a video.

@Puddinroy thank you. I feel better today. There is a cyclone up north so it's cooler here today.

• Options
    Well - I just popped in for a quick read of your posts and stayed quite a while. I was way behind.

@bekkasan I wish I could get to your story more often than I do. It looks wonderful.

But - it just took me 2 weeks to make the latest video. It just finished loading to YouTube an hour or so ago now.

https://youtu.be/qN-gABikWM4

Gary is the only sim I'm controlling in this video. He gets up to lots of mischief and still manages to graduate with an A. The badge for getting the degree in Communications was awarded. But he didn't get the badge for graduating with a perfect GPA. He was on the dean's list, and he aced every exam. And got a GPA of A.

When I was finishing up my video I checked the badges I had and found an extra badge was awarded without me trying to do it. It was the badge for getting a degree in Physical Education. I suspect one of the roommates must have got it.

Gary completed another badge and it was awarded. He had to do a keg stand and streak. He did it and got the badge. He also worked hard on his lifetime wish by throwing elixirs at more than 20 sims while at University. He has to throw elixirs at 50 sims to get his lifetime wish. He already got to level 10 in Alchemy skill.

Gary001.jpg

In the next episode he's throwing elixirs at sims around Sunlit Tides. Plus two new sims will be added to the household. One to test a theory and another because I need him to get some badges. None of the others in the household can get the specific badges this new sim will be going for. He also looks like he's going to be a lot of fun. I think I'll do the next episode of this story and then move on to the Perfect Genetics Challenge for a few episodes.

I hope I don't struggle so much with the next videos as I did with this one. My microphone wasn't recording properly. I had the sound turned up as loud as I could and my voice sounded like a faint whisper and the background hiss was overwhelming. Plus the speakers kept crackling and that was going onto the recording as well. I managed to fix both problems - sort of. I think the sound is acceptable in this video - but it was painful to record. Some parts of it had to be recorded at least 7 times to get it sounding reasonable. I have to keep resetting the speakers and I always get a warning that another program is using them and I reset anyway and the problem goes away for a while but it comes back. It's really annoying. Also, I've been struggling with not being able to focus on anything. I am a lot better today and did a lot of work on the video yesterday to finally get it finished.

That's it for now. I hope you are able to watch the video. It's packed full of activity and things I've never put into a video before. Some of the things that happen are things I've never tried to do before - such as streaking, using an elixir to turn a sim into a zombie, and another into a plant sim. Most of the video was about things Gary did outside of lectures or study. He managed to learn a trick for the pool table too and tried to get one of the fridges in the student union building to give him a freebie. He failed.

Happy Simming

• Options
    @GraceyManor What world do you use for your Medieval Sims?

@LunBeauty Thanks for the feedback :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    I took a break from commenting and playing yesterday.

@Karritz

Thank you for the comment, I like how both of them turned out
    when I created them. Interesting Sim you posted a photo of.

@emorrill

I wish you good luck with the writing.

@Puddinroy

Hey, Thank you.

@bekkasan

Aww, poor Wisteria did she fight at the sigh of Adam?
    Briana looks like an interesting character.

• Options
    @Silverofdreams30 thank you. He was a sim I made in a hurry. I wanted one to get me the badge "Rant about death until the Reaper Arrives". I see that badge in his future. He's currently working on other badges for me though so I'll keep him busy.

• Options
    @Karritz Thanks for the feedback :smile: Note how they have the same top but in a different colour! :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@emorrill Thanks so much for the comments on my update. I did enjoy reading them very much! :smiley:
    I'm glad you are playing and writing the next chapter. I'm looking forward to it.
    I'm loving having the babies and just letting my sims take care of them and seeing how they do as parents. It is kinda nice not having a particular goal in mind for the story right now, and just letting them enjoy the babies. You know how much I love the babies and toddlers. I think the next goal for the story will be having Adam find out if the King accepts him as his grandson...and rightful heir to the throne and how that is handled. Unless I get too distracted by the babies. :sunglasses:

@Puddinroy I hope you enjoy it! :smiley:

@HillyBeth I have a sim in another save named Kiera. It is such a pretty name. Maeve is very pretty!

@king_of_simcity7
    @emorrill I think that people are not enjoying the forums as the focus is as usual TS4 and more planned for it. Why can't they just drop it already and make something good and until they do that why can they not give TS3 more focus?

Have you seen the weekly highlights? It is always 90% TS4 content and yet any TS3 content over shines it ten times over. This treatment has been going on for years now :(
    As much as I love Sims 3 and reading other peoples stories I have to disagree with your comment about TS3 content. Even a few months ago things were much more active on the Sims 3 side. The weekly highlights is as it should be. Some weeks she is pushing to find a new topic for Sims 3 to post and I do appreciate that she at least looks. We are not the current game and those of us who love and still play it are around, but the forum participation has dropped considerably this last year. Even you have dropped your participation because life does interfere at times and that is ok and how it should be. It is very sad and all good things must come to an end...I just hope it is not too soon for this thread.
    Hope they enjoy their train ride.

@GraceyManor When you want to find a topic on Nraas, don't use google. Much easier to go to the Nraas web page and sign in. On the right side bar under Nraas Nav go down to the help/faq's, and click on either 'where can I find' or 'gameplay faq's and tips' and you can find answers to almost anything. You can also do a search on the site using the search feature on the upper right and it will search all files for the subject you put in. Glad you were able to work out something that helped though.
    It went over my head completely that Jacob and his followers were able to retreat and didn't die in the battle. I went back and reread it after your comments to me. I just missed they actually were able to retreat. So he has set himself up as King and is a traitor. That shouldn't end well.
    I didn't think she should be 'lovey dovey', but she seemed very distant, and I though perhaps the warden thing had affected her towards their relationship? It was nice to see her tell him she loved him in the other update.
    Nice to see the horses survived the attack from the monsters as well.
    I sure hope they can get some help from others in taking back the Kingdom and defeating the darkspawn.

@Lucy_Henley Nice update. Congrats on the new baby.

@LunBeauty Thanks for the comments. :smiley: I only used one pose in that update, the rest were in game pictures, but glad you like them. I try not to use poses unless I really feel there is nothing in game that does what I need done. I will occasionally use move object to put a sim where I want them, but rare, cause it can mess them up. I wanted a picture of Briana sitting with the babies and you can't do that unless you plunk a chair down and that wasn't what I had pictured in my head. :lol:
    No updates from you? Your game ok?

@Karritz I'm only posting updates on the weekend now as work is keeping me too busy during the week. Should be easier to keep up. :grin: I do appreciate that you want to read it and keep up though.
    Bummer about the recording issues with the microphone. Hope that is all resolved now.

@Silverofdreams30 Yep, she sure did pass out. I think it's silly for a sim living in the same household to faint, but she is not brave so I guess the game thinks she should pass out if she is around when they change. I may have to give her the brave trait, but I do try to have the guys go outside before they change on full moon nights so it doesn't affect the others. This particular time they were already outside and at the venue so I didn't have them leave.
  • Options
    @Lucy_Henley
    I love Lysander's name, so pretty.
    I have yet to dabble with faeries, its
    the only supernatural that I haven't tried.
    They look fun.

@LunBeauty
    I'm not sure if its suppose to be there or not.
    I didn't make any of the lots, could be that I
    was missing some content.But it fits in with
    medieval times, so maybe its suppose to be
    there.Jacob deserves to have his head on a block..

@Karritz
    Thanks so much! the windows update really
    bonked up my graphics.

@bekkasan
    Oh okay,I was just searching up the issue I was having.
    I don't do 8 sims often, but occasionally certain scenerios
    needs them.

Yeah, he retreated after the signal for him to charge was made.
    He has indeed.Her distantness is probably just me not feeling into
    my story atm. Having issues with my fiance, so yeah...I could have
    been more romantic if I really wanted to.
  • Options
    @king_of_simcity7
    I use multiple worlds right now.
    The main world of course being Praaven.
    Was there a particular one you wanted to know?
    The last 3 updates each had a different world.
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited February 2020
    Beautiful scene but when imagine that my sim stories I feel not good
    It actually no just may december romance. In my sim stories Danqing's actually ages can become HL's ancestor
    33kqYT.jpg

New moonlight falls hardcore style sims-Coma Vlcek and Misty Bui
    Coma's real name is branko. He is a shock rocker and once the backup member from VX, Masaki and Shion's band. He has a werid power that people around him will unlucky but he will unscathed.
    Misty originally his groupie but she wants to become his girlfriend.
    33VqtP.jpg
    33VLff.jpg
    33V7TI.jpg
    No makeup
    33VxXQ.jpg
    (Can't upload without mosaic, it actually the sleepwear from Master Suite Stuff)
    33Z2Hs.png

Enjoy to much hardcore, there's a lightcore(?)
    Dusan Sokol, Coma's good friend who eaten by shark, he was the guitarist and the mastermind of accidentally killing Shion. He is the kindest ghost I have created so far, others are either criminal or/and have evil/mean/insane/daredevil trait (Jiuquan may relatively kind because he is evil and mean but family oriented, he's a typical villain with two sides).
    33eZPP.jpg

The most luxurious grave currently
    33uHRx.jpg
    Post edited by Shadow_Assassin on
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Midnight Hollow, The Ballan Family
    Adam's Quest

Dawn is rising, when Jennifer arrives with Drew at the main house and gently places him in one of the baskets. She grabs a homemade muffin and warms it in the microwave and eats while talking to Alice. She hugs Alice's neck, thanking her for minding Drew until Marshall returns. "I don't want to be late for work my first day on the job!" she explains. She changes to her new suit and rushes out the door. Because of her communication degree, she is starting her journalism career as a professional blogger.
    49543019581_bbc3b57686_o.jpg
    49543243532_dfcecafa4d_o.jpg

Marshall is arriving back on the property just as Jennifer is racing to the car. She stops long enough for a loving hug and kiss and tells him Drew is with Alice. Marshall and Adam transform before going into the house, so they don't scare Wisteria again. Wisteria sits next to Marshall at breakfast asking him about the transformation process. "Does it hurt very much?" Marshall shakes his head no while swallowing his food. "We sort of get used to it. Does it hurt when you transform into your pixie form?"
    "Oh, no, it doesn't. I had not thought about that. I transform too."She giggles happily. "I hope I won't be startled anymore when you two transform."
    49543019411_79772ef15f_o.jpg
    49543019386_30a5126da5_o.jpg

Jennifer was sent out on assignment by her new boss to interview some of the townspeople for a new feature. He is calling it Hometown Blog, and it will appear weekly in the local paper. Luckily, the pool was jam packed with townspeople escaping the heat and Jennifer was able to get several interviews that she can write up for the blog.
    49543019336_3061b77b65_o.jpg
    49542520698_88a1d5bd26_o.jpg

Marshall accompanies Adam to the alchemy store. Adam demonstrates to him how to use the gem cutter and the smelter on the property. "We can sell our gems and rocks at much higher prices if they are cut or smelted first. The profit is completely ours if we do it ourselves."
    49542520628_00df2a1fa2_o.jpg

They arrive back home and head over to the babies cots and Alice rushes over. "Shh, they are all just settled in for a nap. Don't you dare wake them!"
    49543018791_4135bb5059_o.jpg

The guys backtrack outdoors and play basketball while Alice and Wisteria fix dinner. Dedric has been working on a science project and suffice to say, the project didn't work as expected. Wisteria calls them all to the meal and they almost finish eating before the babies wake up, crying one by one ready for their dinner and some snuggling.
    49543242412_74fe899b93_o.jpg
    49543019016_eb4179b0c1_o.jpg
    49544809823_e15b0c001b_o.jpg
    49545537667_a878c0ed7a_o.jpg

The noisy babies are loved and fed and played with. Marshall and Jennifer return to their place and comfortably settle Drew in his swing. Jennifer works on her interviews and Marshall works on his latest (hopefully) best selling werewolf novel. The others sit in the living room enjoying the fire. Alice is investigating one of the books found downstairs. Wisteria is learning a recipe. Adam and Dedric enjoy holding their children as they talk. Dedric tells Adam about the experiment that didn't work and how he will attempt it tomorrow.
    49545309976_426534298a_o.jpg
    49545537407_13ce93e163_o.jpg
    49544809423_58934d0a15_o.jpg
    49545537517_71a91c9892_o.jpg
  • Options
    I think it’s time to go back to the Mancinis... well, technically it’s just Leonardo and his degree right now. I’m kind of tempted to start a thread about him in the stories section, maybe with a first post about his life so far and then starting it ‘properly’ with his degree, and then moving back to Sunlit Tides and living his life.
    But I’m also enjoying playing with the fairies. Lysander and Hermia aren’t far from becoming teens, and then I can get the romance started... plus having fun with little Iolanthe as well as the latest addition to the household...
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    @GraceyManor I quite like Lysander too. I've mostly given my fairy Sims quite normal names, so I thought it'd be cool to have Shakespearean names. Iolanthe is actually the only non-Shakespeare name, but I thought it was pretty, plus it's from a Gilbert and Sullivan opera featuring fairies, so I thought it fit with the family.

Just a few photos today.

It can't be easy fixing a broken tap when said tap is spraying water in your face!

EW1d7AN.jpg

The tragic clown moodlet causes you to run around like this.

3syGdXg.jpg

Using the LLAMA for the first time.

w9tKitc.jpg

They went to the Spring Festival together. The dance floor put Hermia in a mood to discuss constellations.

LtOzdVO.jpg

Titania was at Janet Pok's party. Seems to be quite a formal do!

cztYKke.jpg

Getting your face painted is always fun!

VkNL3Yt.jpg

Another weird glitch... Hippolyta's knees were poking through the duvet. Also happened to catch Quince trying to destroy the dresser.

vG6B0tN.jpg

Hippolyta wanted a sibling for Lysander, but wasn't sure if she wanted to go through pregnancy again. So, she adopted a little girl, who she called Ariel.

ARicNtH.jpg

Iolanthe became a toddler. She looks like a sweetie! Usually my kids in The Sims have a relatively close age gap, but Iolanthe and Ariel are quite a bit younger than Hermia and Lysander.

MceUyGj.jpg

I also decided to rename Skittles and move her out. Lysander doesn't seem to particularly mind, and he sees her every day at school, anyway.
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited February 2020
    @bekkasan Thanks. Your version of Auden Dunes looks lovely :smile: .
    I guess being a genie shouldn't be too bad. Do you want Jennifer to grant wishes? I guess, without witches in the house, the cleaning aspect may come in handy. :lol: at Wisteria fainting. As you state, given she's turning herself, she shouldn't be that concerned by the sight. The game is sometimes silly.
    Looks like it's back to more everyday issues for you family. Those cots seem to work very well with the babies. They don't look that lost in there.
    Is that an original Dragon Valley pool? While I wouldn't be able to tell the colors, it looks like an interesting combination.
    Anyway, I love those family pics :smile: .

@GraceyManor Now your Cinderella story bites you back :wink: . Yeah, it's hard to kill off characters that accompany you for quite a while. Great story!

@emorrill Thanks :smile: . His base was some tourist who looked like he may have potential.

@Puddinroy Thank you :smile: .

@Lucy_Henley Ah, those kids that don't want to go to school. Let's hope it's not some routing issue.
    Oh yes, those IF's that move out. It's a recurring theme in my games, too. I was contemplating whether I should open an "orphanage" for them :smiley: .

@LunBeauty Thanks. Let's see where Desiree gets her start into "real life" (well, at least more active than sitting on my CAS island :smiley: ).

@Karritz Good luck with your challenge. I lost patience with that "throw 50 potions" lifetime wish and just threw half of the potions (vials of bliss) during one session at the same sim in my household, where I could make sure he didn't wander off or cancel the action. At least for the LTW, it counted. Don't know about the challenge.

@ShadowAssassin It's so bright, I get blinded :lol: j/k

Kizzy and Terrance Fronzel decided it was time to commit for good. Given they had been living together for quite some time now, it was just about making their relation official. Still, it felt like a big step.
    M8JbPOd.jpg
    Just some simbot household I made.
    Post edited by Turjan on
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Happy Sunday my friends. :)

Comments time!

@Silverofdreams30 Actually I did see your post with Max's sexy poses. (I checked to make sure if I awesomed it and I did. :blush: )
    EWLgOUf.jpg
    ^Right back at ya Max. :love:
    Sorry for forgetting to comment on it. :cry:<3 I seemed to have missed a comment from Turjan to me also...
    ----
    I wish you good luck with the writing.
    ^Thank you sweetie. :kissing_heart: It's been a joy to write Chapter 5 so far. :mrgreen: I just wish we could figure out the reason for daughter's insomnia so I'm not feeling so tired lately. :pensive:

@Turjan
    emorrill Oh, you already know that I'm on good terms with Captain Obvious :smiley: .
    Nice pics of your cast. Of course, there's absolutely nothing wrong with photobombing in some cases :lol: .
    ^ *snort!* :joy: You crack me up!
    (Sorry for missing this earlier... :( )

@Puddinroy Did you Star my story thread of my Stardew Valley characters? :blush:

@king_of_simcity7
    emorrill I think that people are not enjoying the forums as the focus is as usual TS4 and more planned for it. Why can't they just drop it already and make something good and until they do that why can they not give TS3 more focus?

Have you seen the weekly highlights? It is always 90% TS4 content and yet any TS3 content over shines it ten times over. This treatment has been going on for years now :(
    ^I feel ya buddy...I really do. But sadly I don't think they will ever place anymore focus on TS3. :( It's just the way of the franchise when a new title comes out. TS2 got dropped pretty fast once TS3 came out and I now sympathize with those fans.
    Yeah the weekly highlights have normally only included 1 mention of a TS3 thread and you're right, most of the time it's a better thread than the TS4 ones. ;) Originally they didn't feature a TS3 thread at all until a few people said something about it, myself included. I think you did as well. :) So yeah it's gracious of Mai to do that. <3
    It's all good. No matter how old Sims 3 gets it will always be THE Sims game of the franchise for me! :star:<3

@GraceyManor
    I actually almost did kill Edward off...I seriously contemplated it, and almost
    killed him...to follow the original game storyline...but I couldn't XD
    ^I understand. It is the HARDEST thing to kill off one of your favorite sims/characters. I did it once...
    But then he was back! :smiley:
    I miss that story... <3
    Thanks for sharing the video. Wow!
    ----
    Maiden and Roi are ok! <3
    Ugh, now I see why Jacob called the retreat without informing the King. He wanted Edward dead so he could usurp the throne! :angry: Why didn't I catch that before?
    Those two needed to kiss in that moment. :smirk:

@Lucy_Henley Fantastic updates! :star:

@LunBeauty
    emorrill The wrinkles on Kurasoberina Adult skin aren't nearly as bad as the elder skins, but I find that they're still a bit too wrinkly for my liking compared to other skins.
    ^Funny you should mention this because I did a little investigating of the skin using Harvey as my guinea pig. :p

So here's Harvey as his normal YA self (although technically he should be in the Adult stage since he's like 32, but anyway! :p )

Screenshot-33.jpg

Now aged up to an Adult:

Screenshot-34.jpg
    (Wow his face got droopy... :( )

I checked his skin and didn't see any wrinkles at all. 👍
    (Forgive the stethoscope accessory on him and the chain necklace - he'd never wear that! :confounded: )

Screenshot-35.jpg
    Screenshot-36.jpg

I shuddered a bit aging him up to Elder..... :grimace:

Screenshot-37.jpg
    ^Hee hee how cute of an old man is he? :blush: And his chest hair color didn't change a bit! :lol:

But yeah turning him around and inspecting, I don't see any of the nasty Elder wrinkles that I saw on KB's site.

Screenshot-38.jpg

And I'm THRILLED about that! :smiley:
    I wonder why the wrinkles aren't showing though...but I ain't complaining! Perhaps the low quality the Windows 10 update has thrown into my HD game has something to do with it. In the which case, I can't believe I'm saying this, I'm thankful to it. :p
    Ohhhhh I think I know why! Because I only added the HD+ (2K Faces & Bodies) skin to my game and not the UHD (2K Faces & 4K Adult Bodies) version of it. I bet it's the 4K bodies that really shows all the wrinkles!!! I dunno...you'll have to let me know if that's the version of the skin you tried in your game.
    No matter, I'm a happy camper right now. :mrgreen:

@Karritz Glad you liked my pic of Elliott. :blush:
    I find having different skins for different sims makes them look less alike and I find I'm always after variety and individuality with my sims.
    ^That's pretty much exactly what bekkasan said to me! :grin:

@bekkasan You're welcome. :kissing_heart:
    Sometimes it really is fun to just sit back and allow your sims to tell the story for you. :) I think it's so cute how much you love the babies and toddlers, but yeah...don't get too distracted by them because we totally gotta find out if the King will accept Adam as his grandson! ;) A big part of me thinks he will, but...you might surprise us and do something unexpected... :smirk:
    ----
    Jennifer looks so professional heading off to her new job as a professional blogger. :blush: Aww, she got a goodbye kiss from Marshall just before leaving. <3
    Marshall and Adam transform before going into the house, so they don't scare Wisteria again.
    ^This made me LOL! :joy: Sorry. :p
    I would imagine going into werewolf form would hurt more than going into pixie form. :( Nice to know they get used to it after a while, I think I remember it being pretty painful for Marshall his first time.
    "Hometown Blog" I like that. :)
    "We can sell our gems and rocks at much higher prices if they are cut or smelted first. The profit is completely ours if we do it ourselves."
    ^Yeah yeah! :star: Wise words Adam. :blush:
    Alice be like, "We just settled the babies down for a nap and if you wake them...you will see a dark side of me that you never thought existed!" :joy:
    Ahh yes, there is that lovely picture of Marshall playing basketball again. :love:
    Poor Dedric. :(
    Marshall is writing a werewolf novel? I'd SO read that! :smiley:
    And him working on the computer shirtless!!! :open_mouth: Ohhhhh MY!!! :love:*drools, then wipes mouth and fans self* :lol:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options

@king_of_simcity7 yes. But. I like the blue colour more than the top. It just looks lovely on that sim.

@bekkasan it's good you're getting plenty of work. I'll get onto your story asap. I've just got so much I have to do right now and also have to squeeze in some exercise or I'm going to end up unable to walk at all. I am getting stronger though from the bit of extra moving around I've been doing lately. The recording issue seems to be resolved as far as the microphone is concerned but the speakers are really annoying - even when I'm not trying to record. I'm thinking I might get rid of them altogether as their crackling gets into the video and they crackle most of the time now. Sometimes I can't tell if it's in the video or just them doing their thing. They've been relatively quiet so far today. At least my graphics don't seem to be affected like a lot of other people's are. Except for that fridge but it's always been like that in my game.

@GraceyManor I'm sorry your graphics are playing up.

@Turjan thanks. I think he's almost completed that tossing elixirs at 50 sims. I sent him to the festival when he got home and he soon had a lot of sims there to throw elixirs at. Since it's his home world I didn't get him to turn anyone into zombies or plant sims like I did in the University world in the video. The main reason I've got him working on the elixirs is to get the opportunity chain that will come to him soon and on completion will get him the Philosopher's Stone. When I first got that challenge I almost didn't let the sim do it as they have to deliver items such as metals and gems and something else. I know at least one delivery is to the Vault of Antiquity (lucky I just remembered that - I'd better place it in the world or he'll never get the challenge). Once he makes the deliveries the reward appears in his inventory. I've had as many as 4 or 5 of those things in several households from getting sims do the opportunity. It isn't difficult or very time consuming to do. Now I better go add that lot to my game so he can get the opportunity.

I just completed a bit of work on their home lot in Sunlit Tides. I had scattered lights randomly around the yard and it looked untidy at night. I replaced them with pele lights that I think look more appropriate for a beach setting and added a wall light to the gable part of the front of the house so it isn't all dark. And gave them a little garden along the front - some of the plants are custom content I came across once when searching for something. They are from an archive somewhere. I have no idea now exactly where I found them or who made them but they are very pretty.

Here are a couple of screen shots of their house at night with the new lights and garden.

Screenshot-180.jpg

Screenshot-181.jpg

It's got to the stage where I'm showing a bit of interest in it's outdoor appearance. Initially it was just utilatarian - it had to provide a roof and walls to cover their staircase down to their under ground living area. And a front door.

That's it for now. I'm working on the next video today. There will be new sims to introduce in it.

Happy Simming all.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top