Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @Lucy_Henley , happy birthday to the triplets! They look adorable playing at the blocks table together as toddlers.
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    Played on my Riverview Save. The siblings spent the day building up some money to create a garden for Cosima. Cosima eventually got her own garden for her alchemy. Her brother, Canute, only went to work once this play session (Currently, only Canute is working; I plan to get Marius to learn the Nectar Making skill and Promethus to learn the music skills. Cosima will be a self-employed alchemist)
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@PalmArrow I love that shot of him walking off and the "Yesss" in his thoughts.
    Glad she got a date!
    Gosh, no wonder Evangeline had trouble staying upright on the treadmill.
    Thanks for commenting on my update. The creepy crawlies are sure colorful!

@Lucy_Henley Cute shots of the family. Happy birthday to both of the kids.
    The mermaid transformation was quite pretty. I've never done that so was neat to see it.
    Congrats on the triplets birthday.

@LunBeauty thanks so much for commenting. I love the tombs too. Adds so much to our stories. I don't have the brave trait so I don't think I would be happy sticking my hand down a hole like that either. :wink:
    Congrats on the real life little girl coming soon.
    Oh I hope that Luca doesn't hurt Rei. She seems perfect for him and they looks so adorable together.
    That was a big step for him deleting the profile! Fingers crossed for him and Rei.

@GraceyManor Thanks so much for the comments. The axe would be a great prop for your super hero sims.
    Cute that she stole his clothes! Glad he found a towel.
    Cute fun before date night.

@emorrill Thanks so much for your comments. :smiley: I'm happy they are your favorite supernatural sims! I'm kinda partial to them as well. Rafe is a sweetie even if he is a pirate. :grin: He gave them plenty of nectar to celebrate all the babies.
    Bummer about the bad night! Lovely pics though.
    I love long hair for guys, but, Sebastian needs to sweep it out of his eyes!! lol I want to get my scissors out and trim it for him.
    I love the descriptions you use as Abigail is walking to town.
    Love Abigail's reunion with the guys. I can see how happy they are to see others from back home.
    I enjoyed Sebastian's enjoyment of how Abby looks in the new world. :wink:
    Good thing Harvey is a MD and got sent as well.
    lol at Haley wondering about her bu, tt!
    So sad about Sebastian being neglected.
    So which one is Leah's special friend. Hope he is one that came with them.

@jonny522 Love seeing your family again.
    That was really an awesome Mom moment strolling with him in the middle of the night.
    Poor Alex though, so sad to see him getting memory issues after the life he had.

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks for the comments. :) I love the exploring and adventures.
    Such a pretty evening at the beach for them to watch the stars come out.

@Turjan Rachael's two grown sons are handsome fella's. :smiley:

@king_of_simcity7 Cute new sims, wondered where you were. Hope all is ok.

@Aaeiyn Nice to see Howard go.
    Worked out pretty good that Danielle got hoh.
    Well duh, that was really not a smart move Ivan. Celeste really knows how to play the game and I guess she will win it.
    Yep...she did.
    Nice wedding though!

@Karritz I did get the video finished from your Christmas one. I'm still amazed the game didn't just stop with all those sims in basically one place. It was sure an interesting set up but I don't think I would risk it in my laptop.

@Sleepstar I'm glad you had some time to play. :smiley:
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I finally have World Adventures and went with my elder sims to france: we made one adventure, learned new recipes, bought the nectar machine, a couple of expensive nectar, put the hotel kitchen on fire haha so much fun!!
  • carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    I don't have any pictures of this, but I have a single sim who I'm trying to master painting, inventing, and sculpting skills. Mastered Sculpting already. Well on my way to mastering in Inventing. Haven't started the painting skill yet. I'm also trying to do all the skill challenges associated with them within her lifetime. I think we can do it. :) "We" meaning me and my single sim. :lol:
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    @bekkasan I'm glad you got to watch the whole video. I was amazed the game kept on running too. It was a bit fragile though and I wasn't game to add the final 16 sims from the 30 Grandchildren story. I'm amazed at the number of people who have already watched it and a lot of them have watched it all. I was almost not going to put it up onto my channel as I thought nobody would want to watch. But fortunately I did it anyway and lots of people have been having some fun with watching it.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Decided to clean up some of my backups, I had made to many...But I realized at some point I must have deleted my Medieval CC folder.XD
    On the hunt again ROTFL
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I finally have World Adventures and went with my elder sims to france: we made one adventure, learned new recipes, bought the nectar machine, a couple of expensive nectar, put the hotel kitchen on fire haha so much fun!!

@telmarina, glad you got it. Believe me; it’s a lot of fun. When i first got it, I just had to explore the worlds so I sent my sim and his wife off to Champs Les Sims. Tons of fun and lots of new ethnic recipes too. Hope you enjoy it as well. Happy playing.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @PalmArrow Thanks for the feedback :smile:

@LunBeauty Thanks for the feedback and welcome back :smile:

@bekkasan Thanks for the feedback :smile: I have been busy but have four days off coming up and will be able to start on the next part of my story soon :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Today I had what I thought was about half an hour of finalisation to do on my new video. That turned into about 4 hours or more. I got a bit stressed. I stopped and watched an episode of Poirot. Then feeling a little better I returned to the battleground of my computer and the video. It is now loading to YouTube. The thing is I felt the need to explain about the badges and that led to lots of screen shots and extra information and the end of the video turned into a bit of a tutorial on badges that don't want to appear even though the criteria has been met. I'll let you know when it is available for viewing.

Happy Simming
  • LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    I have a bunch of pictures backed up, so it's time for me to post another set of updates! As usual, I'm going to break them up into multiple parts. So, hopefully you guys won't get too overwhelmed!
    Screenshot.png
    Camilla rested on the beach, trying to soak up as much of the sun's rays as she could. Although the two locals arguing in the background didn't exactly help her relax.

Screenshot-2.png
    The woman was trying to flirt with the young man, but he wasn't having any of it. Camilla couldn't blame him. The woman came off as too desperate, which was a major turn-off for anyone.

Screenshot-3.png
    Screenshot-4.png
    Screenshot-5.png
    Once the woman left, Camilla approached and began talking to him and tried to put on the charm because he was rather good looking, but he didn't seem to be too much into it. At least he didn't insult her, so Camilla was willing to overlook the rejection.

Screenshot-6.png
    He did seem more than willing to splash around in the ocean with her, so he couldn't have disliked her that much.

Screenshot-7.png
    Screenshot-8.png
    After work, Luca headed down to the Rocky Reef to explore. Luckily, he didn't run into any sharks, but did manage to catch a few fish. He kept a few of them, but sold the more expensive ones for a bit of money.

Screenshot-9.png
    Screenshot-10.png
    Eventually, Luca and Camilla ended up at one of the restaurants for dinner, because neither of them felt like cooking that evening. Luca thought this place was nice and thought of taking Rei here one day.

Screenshot-11.png
    As they ate, Luca glimpsed a very attractive young woman a few feet away. He'd seen her around a few times before, but had never had the chance to get her name. But when he looked at her, he felt an overwhelming feeling of guilt as Rei popped into his mind the next minute.

Screenshot-12.png
    Screenshot-13.png
    Luca wasn't the only one being checked out. Someone else was making eyes at Camilla. She recognised him out of the corner of her eyes as Matteo Torres, a beach bum who lived in a small shack near the shore. He was definitely one of the better looking locals and Camilla could feel herself smiling.

Screenshot-14.png
    Screenshot-15.png
    Camilla excused herself and got up to talk to him and was happy when he asked her for a makeover. It was time for that beach boy hair to go. It seemed like everyone had it and she was tired of looking at it.

Screenshot-16.png
    Screenshot-17.png
    The end result was much more becoming and fresh. Matteo suited longer hair, although she kept the rest of his outfit mostly the same. Matteo seemed to like his new look.

Screenshot-18.png
    Screenshot-19.png
    The two of them began talking and Luca finished his lasagna in time to talk to the young woman, who introduced herself as Hinni. Camilla learned that Matteo had been living in Isla Paradiso his whole life and had lived in that shack after his parents had died. Camilla wanted to ask how they had died, but she refrained upon seeing the saddened expression on his face.
    **If you read Matteo Torres bio, it says his parents died at a young age, so he pretty much had no one, which is really sad. :( **

Screenshot-20.png
    Luca found that he had quite a bit in common with Hinni, and while he did find her very attractive, there just wasn't that spark that he felt with Rei. Still, she seemed like she would be someone nice to hang out with from time to time.
    **Meanwhile, Camilla's photobombing over there telling the world how fabulous she is. :lol: **

Screenshot-21.png
    The full moon was also out, so a few zombies came out to play. They didn't really do much though.

Screenshot-22.png
    Luca and Hinni had a good laugh over a joke before Hinni had to go home to her boyfriend. Luca promised to call her later.

Screenshot-23.png
    Camilla found herself hungry again and grabbed herself something light to eat, earning stares from the skinny blonde as she wolfed down her food. Camilla looked up at her, raising an eyebrow as if to challenge her, but the woman looked down at her menu again. If Camilla wanted to eat again after she had just got done with a full meal, then no one could stop her.

Screenshot-24.png
    Camilla was the first to go to bed that night, completely exhausted from her full belly. Not to mention, she had work the next day too.

Screenshot-25.png
    The next day, the siblings ate waffles for breakfast. Luca had the day off, so he didn't exactly have to get up early, but he still did to keep his sister company.

Screenshot-26.png
    Screenshot-27.png
    Screenshot-28.png
    For the next hour, she did some writing, then watered her tomatoes before heading out the door, waving goodbye to Luca, who was feeding their new pet fish, Carmen.

Screenshot-29.png
    Screenshot-30.png
    Her first client of the day wanted some facial hair. The jobs that asked for just one thing were the easiest, although facial hair was a bit more strange. Sometimes she added in a few extra things and some of the customers loved it. Other times, they complained...even though the extra stuff was free. She gave him what he wanted, plus helped fix his eyebrows. He seemed very pleased with the way everything turned out and paid her a handsome sum of money.

Screenshot-31.png
    Her next job was at the home of a rich client, but he ended up calling her to cancel because he didn't know how to work his own schedule. Camilla left very disappointed and a little angry.

That's it for this update! The next one will be up soon!
    Here's the next part!
    Screenshot-32.png
    Since Luca had the day off and didn't want to spend it inside, he headed to the small amusement park on the other side of town and called Rei to invite her over, since she had the day off as well.

Screenshot-33.png
    It didn't take her long to get there and she immediately found Luca when she arrived. Luca asked her if she wanted to go on some of the roller coasters, to which Rei said yes right away. She loved them.

Screenshot-34.png
    Screenshot-35.png
    Screenshot-36.png
    The first coaster was fairly tame, with only one sudden drop, perfect for anyone who might not be too fond of roller coasters, but still want to try them out.

Screenshot-37.png
    Screenshot-38.png
    Screenshot-39.png
    Screenshot-40.png
    The second coaster they rode was filled with loop de loops and sudden drops and Luca and Rei's cheers rang throughout the park as they screamed and put their arms up.

Screenshot-41.png
    Even though Luca enjoyed it very much, it didn't stop him from losing his lunch all over the ground. He made sure to turn away so as not to get any on Rei's shoes.

Screenshot-42.png
    Rei seemed very sympathetic and asked if he was all right. He assured her that he was and asked if she wanted to take a few pictures in the photo booth. She said yes, but only after offering him a few pieces of chewing gum because his breath did stink.

Screenshot-43.png
    Screenshot-44.png
    Screenshot-46.png
    They took a lot of pictures together and each got two copies of them. Luca knew that he would keep these pictures forever.

Screenshot-48.png
    After they'd taken as many pictures as they wanted, Rei and Luca went inside the small arcade to play some foosball and to be able to stand in some shade as it was a bit of a scorcher today.

Screenshot-49.png
    Camilla had no clients at the salon, so spent a little time on one of the computers. It was a very slow day and she was bored. She was so close to a promotion, but there were no drafting tables at the salon for her to work on her designs.

Screenshot-50.png
    Screenshot-51.png
    Rei wanted to ride the carousel. Luca didn't much care for it, but agreed to do so for Rei. As he expected, the ride wasn't nearly as exciting as the roller coasters, but it still put a smile on his face to see Rei having so much fun.

Screenshot-53.png
    Screenshot-54.png
    When the ride ended, Luca pulled her to the side to give her a hug, wanting to feel her against him. She felt so good as he breathed in her scent. He silently cursed, realising that he was developing strong feelings for her.

Screenshot-55.png
    Screenshot-56.png
    The two of them went back into the arcade again where Rei played a little pinball and Luca headed to the pool table. There was a bit of music playing and someone else at the arcade, but Luca didn't pay him any mind, that is until he decided to try and dance with Rei, who seemed very uncomfortable with her forced smile. But she was too nice to say anything.

Screenshot-57.png
    Screenshot-58.png
    Luca walked over to confront him, telling Rei that he would handle it. She seemed only too happy to let him deal with it as she turned back to the pinball machine. Luca told him to stay away from her or else he wouldn't be using just words next time.

Screenshot-59.png
    The guy was definitely bigger than Luca in terms of muscle, but Luca carried himself in a way that made him back off almost immediately. Besides, muscle size didn't always matter in a fight. You could have the most perfectly chiseled abs and biceps in the world and still not be able to throw a decent punch.

Screenshot-61.png
    Camilla's workday ended with her receiving a message to come to the City Hall to receive a reward for her services to the town.

Screenshot-62.png
    Screenshot-63.png
    Screenshot-64.png
    Once finished receiving her reward, which was a very ugly trophy, she headed down to the reef to scuba dive. She felt a little more brave to explore the cave again and found that it led straight to Davy Jones' Locker where she found a treasure chest full of many items, which she collected.

The last part for this update will be up soon!
    Here's the last update!
    Screenshot-67.png
    Camilla was the first to wake up the next morning and spent some time cleaning. The refrigerator especially needed it. She wrinkled her nose as the foul smell of neglected leftover food hit her. She quickly threw it out before heading upstairs fo ra shower.

Screenshot-68.png
    Screenshot-69.png
    Screenshot-70.png
    Luca had gotten up on the wrong side of the bed, because when he came downstairs, the first thing he did was insult Camilla, which was something he hadn't done in a very long time. Camilla immediately put a stop to that and told him that she didn't care what was wrong, he had no right to take his anger out on her. But she also wondered what was bothering him.
    **This all happened autonomously. I had panned over to someone else for a few moments to follow them, and then when I came back, the two had started fighting. Luca was the one who initiated it too.**

Screenshot-71.png
    Camilla thought it would be best if the two of them talked before she ended up smacking him again.

Screenshot-72.png
    Screenshot-73.png
    Screenshot-76.png
    The first thing he did was apologise to her for being a major plum, and then launched into a rant about how confused he was. Camilla wondered if this was about Rei and Luca confirmed that it was. He still did like Kaelee, but found himself even more drawn to Rei. He told her about yesterday at the park when the other guy had tried to hit up Rei, how angry he'd been that someone else had tried to touch her. Camilla assured him that these feelings were normal and that Luca just had strong feelings for Rei. As for Kaelee...he'd have to make that decision on his own, whether he wanted to end their friends with benefits agreement and just remain friends, or to continue stringing her along. Luca thanked her with a hug and apologised profusely for insulting her earlier.

Screenshot-77.png
    Camilla still had a few minutes before she had to go to work, so she called Matteo and talked to him while Luca did some exercise to boost his strength a little bit.

Screenshot-78.png
    Screenshot-79.png
    Devin Han called Camilla, wanting her to come over and give him another makeover. He was in deperate need of a new hairstyle and a few new outfits. It also appeared that Devin and his wife had another child as well, a boy who looked just like his two brothers, save for his hair, which was more on the curly side, while his brothers had straighter hair.

Screenshot-80.png
    Camilla kept his outfits rather similar, aside from changing some of the colours and patterns and gave him a much more professional looking hairstyle.

Screenshot-81.png
    Screenshot-82.png
    Camilla was surprised when Rei called her and asked for a new hairstyle and a few new outfits. Rei liked her short hair, but still wanted some length to it. Camilla managed to achieve this with some hair extensions to give Rei a cute bob, and accessorised it with a white hat with a pink flower attached to it. Her dress was a navy blue number with white flowers, but her shoes remained the same, since they still matched and were the type of shoes that went with a lot of outfits.

Screenshot-83.png
    Camilla's last customer only wanted one new outfit changed, which she quickly gave him as he was one of her easiest customers to please.

Screenshot-84.png
    Once she had finished with all of her clients, Camilla headed to City Hall to look for diving work and received an assignment to find two messages in a bottle.
    **Which probably won't be fulfilled because for as long as I've been playing Sims 3 and the IP world, I have never found a message in a bottle. :( **

Screenshot-85.png
    Not feeling like going to the salon today, Camilla went back home and worked on some new fashion concepts to boost her performance.

Screenshot-87.png
    Screenshot-88.png
    Screenshot-89.png
    There weren't many people at the beach where Luca was surveying today, but Matteo almost drowned and needed some rescuing. Luca was sure that most of the residents faked needing CPR, but if it got back to the higher ups that he was refusing CPR to people, he'd be fired immediately, even if said person was clearly faking. There was definitely some corruption there, but it wasn't like Luca could do anything to fight it.

Screenshot-90.png
    Screenshot-91.png
    He had finished giving Matteo CPR when a woman 'fainted' a few feet away, but she kept looking up to make sure someone was coming. With a sigh, Luca 'helped' her the best he could. He'd tried to petition to get a rule added to the beach safety rules about it being illegal to fake being in trouble as it could prevent someone who was really in trouble from being saved. Of course, the state ignored this request.

Screenshot-92.png
    Screenshot-93.png
    Everyone had forgotten how to swim today. Just as soon as Luca went back on his patrol, someone else had started drowning. Luca quickly pulled her to safety and was relieved when she didn't seem to need CPR.

Screenshot-97.png
    Screenshot-98.png
    One final person needed rescuing before Luca was able to get off work. Instead of panicking, the girl he'd saved previously cheered him on as he helped the victim to shore.

Screenshot-101.png
    Screenshot-102.png
    Camilla wound up at one of the other beaches after work and called Matteo, who immediately came over. Their flirting felt natural and Camilla found him to be a rather nice guy, plus nice to look at too.

Screenshot-103.png
    Screenshot-104.png
    Screenshot-105.png
    The two of them snuck over to the hotel next to the beach and got into the hot tub. What started off as innocent cuddling, evolved into heavy making out and then finally very passionate woohoo. They were sure that the hotel residents could hear them, but neither of them cared.

That's it for this update! I'll put up the next set within the next few days!
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @bekkasan

Thank you

@LunBeauty

wow, lots of stuff going on in your save.
    Matteo is one of the more handsome sims I
    think who are premade.
    I found most of my medieval CC back except for a couple pieces.If anyone could help that would be great

67368461_339662466958012_7273641138567774208_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQkkAFTl7XrgQ-wMscmS9sS-p0bM7TFtV9Xaou1yK_9pEIvVuo34aQ_YkEQ-smHdyN5P4DPTtYHccp7w5SekhGyh&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=bdd48b46b418deb5749753e6fc0f8535&oe=5EC77073
    I can not for the life of me remember where I got King Arthur's outfit.

66697901_337310980526494_6605361578978050048_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQmGASoW23fWqIuo4Mv_Ms_dpGgptHKA01ecsBts7G0qUGY2XjhT9xKfI4aOOq-FrSkFN-nQyvdIYoU_NDirLEIB&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=3b76d2692ff3eaa8416e3545dd53109e&oe=5EC0D6BD
    And all three outfits in this photo.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Hey everyone. :) Sorry I've been a little absent. Been busy writing and spending quality time with hubby. <3 (Daughter too. ;) )

L&As handed out. 👍 I look forward to reading your posts each and every day. :blush:

Comments:

@GraceyManor A Praaven revamp? That's awesome! :smiley: Although since I worked so hard "revamping" it myself - so to speak :lol: - I probably won't worry about uninstalling and reinstalling the new one. But you never know. ;)
    I still have a story to tell someday with that world, a story I wrote when I was 16 ish, that I can't wait to share with y'all someday. :)
    I loved all the playful banter between Brandon and Harper. <3
    ----
    Goodness, I don't think I ever stumbled upon those Medieval outfits you posted pictures of so I had to ask YOU for them! :lol: (Remember those days? ;) ) I wish I could help...
    I'll try looking around at my bookmarked pages when I have time. 👍

@Silverofdreams30 Aww, your comments on my newest SDV Chapter filled me with such happy. :mrgreen: I could tell you really enjoyed it.
    I was wondering if a few of those faces I caught Seb making would cause you to swoon. ;)<3
    I'm pretty sure Harvey will know what to do to help Penny. ;) I know for me personally it would be a great comfort and a calm to my anxiety to see my personal Doctor at my side in a case like that, as opposed to some unfamiliar doctor from a strange new world. :neutral:
    :blush:

@LunBeauty Sorry it took me so long to respond to your questions. You were probably like, "Dude! Did she even see what I asked!?" ;):lol:
    Where did you get that purple longsleeved top that goes under those overalls? I know the overalls are originally short sleeved. Is in an accessory top? Also, what world are you playing in?
    ^Yes, that is an accessory top. :) I got sick of SO many sleeveless, gorgeous dresses in the game that I wanted to dress many of my sims up in, but...felt like their character was a bit more modest for that, you know? (It's a Mormon thing forgive me. :p ) So I sought out some accessory tops that could fix that. :blush: Let me see if I bookmarked the link here:
    http://casan3.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-9.html
    ^I can't remember if you have to go through adfly to get them...if so I'm sorry. :grimace:
    The world I'm playing in is Appaloosa Plains. :) It might look really nice because I have a lighting mod in my game. (Burntwaffles Fresh Cut Day 3.0)
    I like that you think Sebastian is :love:
    ----
    Promise to read your newest posts after my appointment this morning. :star:

@PalmArrow I'm glad you loved the new Chapter. :blush:
    That was totally uncalled for, Sam! :angry: And staring at Abigail's body too!
    ^Yeah, it was rude...I figured with he and Harvey being so opposite in personality, he might get a little annoyed with him at times. That or maybe he doesn't like Doctors. :lol:
    Aww, you learned something about SDV from my story? That fills me with happy. :blush: Yeah, I found Seb a hard one to run into as well since he hangs out in his room most of the time like you said... The only place I'd run into him was in the Saloon on rare occasion.

@bekkasan Yup! The Ballan's and their friends are totally my favorite Supernatural family. <3
    I love long hair for guys, but, Sebastian needs to sweep it out of his eyes!! lol I want to get my scissors out and trim it for him.
    ^LOL! :joy: I kinda do too! But that hair fits him SO well! ;)
    I enjoyed Sebastian's enjoyment of how Abby looks in the new world. :wink:
    ^Thanks. I swear if a guy ever said that to me I would melt like butter all over the sidewalk! :love: Woo!
    Yup, Harvey to the rescue! :blush:
    So which one is Leah's special friend. Hope he is one that came with them.
    ^I wanna tell you SO bad right now! :confounded: But I also want to surprise you. :kissing_heart: I hope you don't mind waiting.
    Thanks for your comments. I always enjoy them. <3

@Aaeiyn I gotta read the conclusion to your Big Brother story too! :star:

Gotta run! Keep calm and Sim on my friends! :mrgreen:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    edited January 2020
    @LunBeauty Thanks! I'm still not tired of Sunset Valley, as I only really started playing the game last year, and my first steps were in Bridgeport. Yes, I like the residents there, although I can understand if other simmers are tired of them. Good you still like them.
    I love your updates. You make great pictures, and it's great to follow your two main characters around. I've never tried the stylist career, and I doubt I ever will, but it's fun reading about it.

@emorrill Good you are feeling better again. So far, I have no idea where your story will be going, so I'm looking forward to seeing more of it.

@bekkasan Thank you. It's not overly surprising that this specific family looks good, as they are genetically based on the Frio brothers, who seemed to be liked by most people. In fact, Connor, the guy on the right, is a direct edit of Connor Frio. Jose is some genetic mix and a son-in-law of my founder. Connor is still alone, and I'm thinking of playing him for a while. The combination of Loner, Unflirty and Absent-minded doesn't really push Story Progression to do anything with him at all. I'm surprised he finished with a B when I took him to university, given he forgot to go to class and other shenanigans. Fortunately, he had some extra credits, as the math didn't allow for anything else.

This is Jose with Carla, his wife, one of my founder's daughters.
    tCLOTnq.jpg

They went to university with Connor and Gwen, a daughter-in-law of my founder. I found it quite pleasing that this combination worked out without drama, because Connor's "unflirty" with Gwen's "eternally faithful" made sure they kept to themselves, even though they managed to get to the top of the relationship ladder (100) and became best friends.
    MVOcbwK.jpg
    9tQkxc8.jpg

Gwen and Lucas are very committed to each other, and they have had a drama-free relationship so far.
    yb0onEm.jpg

As for Connor, I actually had to laugh when the game suggested to give him the "Irresistible" trait as academic trait when he finished his Communications degree (the only degree he had enough points for to finish in one visit). I thought it would be akin to torture for a loner like him, but as he prefers to sit at home all day, I guess the strain is limited.

The only thing I can think of is to send him on adventures. Ideally, he would find a bottled genie and marry her. I have never found a genie lamp in this game, but maybe, just maybe, it works? Does anyone still remember this old TV show?
    https://youtu.be/szECpTGoXFk

Post edited by Turjan on
    My latest video on achieving the University Life Badges is now available for you to watch on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/afzP6hVpVXE

In this video the whole household is at University. It is week 2 of a two week semester. We see them going to classes, meeting other sims and just being sims around the university world. We go to the graduation ceremony and then they return home to Sunlit Tides where they start, or continue, their careers.

I was expecting badges to trigger for sims graduating with their degrees but none did. They should have got the badges to: 1. Earn a degree in Technology; 2. Earn a degree in Business; 3. Earn a degree in Fine Arts.

Wilma, Marie and Enid completed their degree in Fine Arts and graduated. They have their graduation certificate and got their additional trait for gaining a degree.

Caroline and Katie completed their degree in Business and graduated. They have their graduation certificate and got their additional trait for gaining a degree.

James completed a degree in Technology and graduated. He has his graduation certificate and got his additional trait for gaining a degree.

I didn't expect James, Marie or Enid to graduate as this was their first visit to university so I wondered if that might have been an issue. Gary has to return to university to complete his Communications degree so I'm going to send him back alone to do a single week as he doesn't have much more to do to complete the requirements to get his degree. If the badge triggers for him I'll assume the problem was having two groups of sims in one household, one group on their second semester and the other on their first semester. But these badges are notorious for not triggering.

I did some research before starting this video series and found a work around for the university life badges to get a degree. I used it and managed to get the Fine Arts degree badge to trigger. I included detailed information on how I did this in the video.

That's about it. Happy Simming and I hope you watch and enjoy the video.
    @emorrill I do XD and I had them all bookmarked on my external and then accidentally deleted the wrong back off the external :( I’m thinking about doing a revamp of one my medieval families lol
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    ***Just checking in, I read the last couple pages and handed out likes and awesomes. I really miss posting on this thread but I only have limited time for the internet, mainly doing things I have to do. Hopefully things improve soon. As for the Sims, I have been mainly messing around with things I haven't done much of. I think when I have time, I may resume my Emily Jones save. She has passed away now but I really like her son and granddaughter. My computer handles the base game and a few expansions pretty well but I still want to get a new computer when things get better for me. Anyway, just wanted to let you all know I'm still here, albeit not as much as I would like.
    I'm back again.xD This time for Brandon's hair.Apparently I didn't convert it to a .package file and its somewhere installed on Brandon's folder.Anyone recognize it?

Screenshot-117.jpg
    Gah! I need to stop messing around with my backups XD
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member

Hey everyone, great updates... :)

Just a little heads up about an upcoming forum change that EA_Mai posted about on Thursday that wee effect The Sims 3 section as well as TS2 and TS4. But I just wanted to post about the TS3 Expansions and Stuff Packs as they will be done away and combined in The Sims 3 General Discussion section.

Here is what EA_Mai posted in the link that I've provided as there are a few other changes.
    The Sims 3:
    'Sims 3 Help Center Bugs & Issues' and 'Sims 3 Help Center iPhone & Mobile Discussions' are no longer used, and they will be archived.
    'Create a World' and 'Create a Pattern' will be combined into a single category 'The Sims 3 Game Tools', which will go inside 'The Sims 3 Creative Corner'.
    'Store Worlds', 'Store Discussion' and 'Store Tech Discussion' will be combined into 'The Sims 3 Store Discussion'
    'Expansion Packs' and 'Stuff Packs' will be merged into 'The Sims 3 General Discussion'
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/972007/updates-to-forum-categories-february-2020

And yes, I am up very later night as both the hubby and I have the flu and he has strep throat. So my itchy throat is keeping me awake and not allowing me to go to sleep which I need to as I haven't been feeling well since Monday... :bawling: And the hubby also has coughing fits as well... :bawling:
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, great updates... :)

Just a little heads up about an upcoming forum change that EA_Mai posted about on Thursday that wee effect The Sims 3 section as well as TS2 and TS4. But I just wanted to post about the TS3 Expansions and Stuff Packs as they will be done away and combined in The Sims 3 General Discussion section.

Here is what EA_Mai posted in the link that I've provided as there are a few other changes.
    The Sims 3:
    'Sims 3 Help Center Bugs & Issues' and 'Sims 3 Help Center iPhone & Mobile Discussions' are no longer used, and they will be archived.
    'Create a World' and 'Create a Pattern' will be combined into a single category 'The Sims 3 Game Tools', which will go inside 'The Sims 3 Creative Corner'.
    'Store Worlds', 'Store Discussion' and 'Store Tech Discussion' will be combined into 'The Sims 3 Store Discussion'
    'Expansion Packs' and 'Stuff Packs' will be merged into 'The Sims 3 General Discussion'
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/972007/updates-to-forum-categories-february-2020

And yes, I am up very later night as both the hubby and I have the flu and he has strep throat. So my itchy throat is keeping me awake and not allowing me to go to sleep which I need to as I haven't been feeling well since Monday... :bawling: And the hubby also has coughing fits as well... :bawling:
    I have bronchitis/ flu symptoms myself been. A few days like this
    edited January 2020
    Great, the general discussions is gonna be flooded with all the pointless expansion pack threads...I purposely stayed away from that section of the site because its filled with topics that I have no interest in.I feel like I need to bookmark the three threads I come on here for now.
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    wow, the thread has been so slow again this week.
    I am going out to shovel snow again so I will post comments later.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top