Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @GraceyManor , the dress Harper is wearing with Snow White and the apple is so cute! :)
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    @GraceyManor OMG!! Harper's dress is spectacular! What a beautiful design! If I were into dresses, I'd wear that in RL.
    Their picnic was adorable.

@LunBeauty College Zombies are party animals too. LOL

@Nikkei_Simmer Your illustrated song was very beautiful. It seemed as if I was there watching them dance (or even better, I was them dancing - if it makes any sense).

@Silverofdreams30 I think I'll have one or two gameplays that I don't post, too. Sometimes it can get a little overwhelming. Righ now, I'm playing so many games! My friend and I are enthusiastic about "Skyrim". I started a gameplay in "Oblivion" last night. I'm also solving cases in "L.A. Noire". I also want to finish "Gris", but the game is sort of difficult where I stopped.
    -Max, Theron and Jade did have a good time. Jade's gorgeous; I love her hair!
  • LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 Thank you! Hopefully my game will work again. It seems to have been doing a good job so far with only mild stuttering. So, fingers crossed!

@bekkasan I was sad to have to get rid of all those beautiful hairs I had. On my old Windows 7 computer, my game worked like a dream with a lot of CC and its specs weren't nearly as good as my current computer. Although, my current computer is Windows 10, so that might have something to do with it. Oh well! I do still have enough CC to make my sims look nice. I can't live without my default replacements! :lol:
    This one dormie was going around biting everyone. My sim also got bitten and then joined everyone outside for a bit of Smustle time before bed!

@Silverofdreams30 Nice update and gorgeous sims. Both of those guys are just so yummy! ;)

@thuggishsplicer Apparently they are. Normally, I don't pay much attention to zombies, but that made me giggle. :D

Small update: I started up a new save in Isla Paradiso. I found where someone had made a save file with the fixes for the world and did some extra finagling to make the world run decently. There's still some stuttering because it's a pretty big world, but nothing too game breaking. I have the household living in a houseboat currently, but it's hard to take pictures in it because the camera just zooms around. So, next time I pop into my game, I'll see about building a small starter home for them on dry land. As much as I like houseboats, they're not all that good for filming. :lol:
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @LunBeauty Welcome back! The sad thing about The Sims 3 is that you can have the best computer in the world and still run into issues. I have nearly 20 GBs of CC and my game mostly runs fine. Most crashes I've encountered are the game reaching its memory limit - which is 4 GBs. CC can cause random spikes of memory that, even if they exceed 4 GBs of memory for half a second, will crash the game. It's a shame because that issue could be resolved by upping the maximum memory the game will use, but we all know EA isn't going to it and TS3 isn't a mod-friendly game that would allow something like the Skyrim Script Extender to up the memory limit either. :/
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    @LunBeauty; Welcome back, it’s been quite a while. :)

Just managed to get on. Roughly about midnight or so, someone smacked into a power pole and put out the lights for up to twelve hours. It just came on a few minutes ago. Dang idiot drivers
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,119 Member
    Comments. :)

@PalmArrow
    emorrill, aww, I didn't know that Harvey was the least popular bachelor among Stardew Valley fans. He deserves better :(
    ^He really does. :( Cause yeah I'd watch a few YouTube videos of people ranking the bachelors and he was always low on the list. Although I did find an article where he was ranked #2 and Elliott was ranked #1. That's rare! :lol: But yeah in all my research most chicas prefer Sebastian or Sam. I think it's just this generation of kids...they don't know what a real man is. :smirk::lol:
    There has been a little bit of love for Harvey out there so don't worry. ;) And usually whatever they say about him, I'm in total agreement with. :blush:

@lisasc360 Thanks for all the reply comments. :blush: I love your sense of humor. :lol:

@thuggishsplicer I guess I had hoped they'd fixed the borked out Notifications by now. :confounded: I should complain again...
    It's ok my friend. <3 This forum is easy to get sucked into and can take up a whole lot of your time when you have more important things to do. (Ask me how I know that? :p )
    It's unfair that Harvey is the most rejected!
    ^It so is. He's the real deal! <3
    So you like mustache's on a guy huh? :smirk: My dad sure was sporting a righteous one when he and my mom got married back in 1974 (she convinced him to grow it because at the time she thought they were super sexy apparently... :lol: I think they were "in" also.) He shaved it not long afterward, I think he said it started to tickle his nose and drove him nuts so he was done. I dunno how my mom felt about that. :lol:

@Aaeiyn Thanks for all the reply comments. <3
    ----
    How fortunate for Celeste to win HoH. :smirk:
    Oh snap! You tell him (Harold) Celeste! :star:
    As long as Danielle is safe, that's all that matters. I'll be on the block, for her, anytime.
    ^Aww. <3
    Bull riding again? :lol:
    Wow, Celeste won PoV too. She's on fire!
    Geez Harold...Don't fall for it Celeste! You're in power here and it's now or never to get rid of Harold!
    I look forward to what happens next! :grin:

@Nikkei_Simmer Those pics of River and Hauro's wedding are SO beautiful! <3 You can see the deep flowing love they have for each other in their eyes.
    ----
    So did I see things right on ff.net? Do you have like 15 or so stories going on right now? :open_mouth: Dang boy! If so I dunno how you keep up with all of them! You rock! :star: Or is that just the compilation of your completed stories? I'm guessing it's more that. ;)
    Did I ever tell you my hubby is a huge ice hockey fan? ;) He likes whoever the big hockey team is in Colorado. :lol: He played a lot with his friends in High School. :) I wish I had seen him in action back then. :love: Tee hee!

@GraceyManor I kept chuckling whenever Harper would call Brandon by the wrong name. :lol: Poor girl...she'll get it though.
    I just have to say I am SO glad he up and told her the truth, not leaving out any details, even if she can't remember. I admire him for that and...I hope she will admire him for that too. <3
    Aww, he's just praying with all his heart that she'll remember him. I hope she does. <3
    Can sims place a radio down on the picnic blanket? If so, I didn't know that. :open_mouth:

@LunBeauty Thanks for the compliment on the little pic I threw out there of Harvey and Maru. :blush: Are you familiar with Stardew Valley? I've heard of it, but just started playing it this year and I'm really getting into it. :smiley:
    I still have some CC, such as clutter items and edits/retextures. of EA and Store hairs and clothes.
    ^That's good at least. :)
    I look forward to any stories you have to tell with anticipation. :star:
    Congrats on you and your boyfriend getting into a new house! :smiley: So exciting! Oh girl, I can't build to save my life either. :lol: I've often thought of building mine and hubby's home in the game, but since it's a split level home I don't see how that's possible. :confused: Expert builders could do it I'm sure, but as I've said I'm no expert. :p
    The IP world fix is a Godsend! Have fun playing there. :grin:

@bekkasan
    Do the ones not chosen by the player pair up in that game?
    ^My first instinct is to say No...but I haven't gotten my Player married off to Harvey yet so I don't know for sure. :p
    I did read that your spouse can get jealous if you give too many gifts to one of the other single folks. So in that regard I don't think any of the other singles hook up together. I bet Silver or PalmArrow would know for sure. :blush: Great question! 👍

@Silverofdreams30 Oh my gosh these sunbathing pics of Max have me like: :love: 🤤
    You tease! :smirk:

@king_of_simcity7
    emorrill Will Wright gave life to billions of Sims :smile:
    ^He sure did! :lol:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    edited January 2020
    @emorrill, @thuggishsplicer, @bekkasan, @LunBeauty, I’d set the song to music, but I totally s-uck at writing the music part of it.

@emorrill, I would have to say I have about twenty five on the go on fanfic.net. But there’s a few stories that I plan to combine with newly written sections to get around the new JAG AU timeline I’ve created (with apologies to Donald Bellisario - who has always been positive about fans playing in his sandbox - even got congratulations from his office about my and @Featherbelle getting married due to the fact that being JAGfans was how the two of us met) so that it matches up more or less with the majority of the canon.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Midnight Hollow, The Ballan Family
    Adam's Quest

Rafe cautiously enters the room and conducts a quick search urging the others to stay back for a moment. He determines there is at least one trap nearby. He has cleared most of the rock slide where they entered the room. The remaining rocks need to remain in place to stabilize that wall. There is another area of collapse across the room. Rafe doesn't sense any imminent danger for another collapse and allows everyone into the room. He asks them to sit at the chairs and goes over some basic tomb safety since they are all newbies at searching tombs. He also advises them on how to catalogue and photograph the relics. They want to accurately document everything in place before picking up any of the fascinating books and relics. Alice, Autumn, Victor and Dedric have photography experience, so they split up the room to take the initial pictures.
    49367785876_b572868579_o.jpg
    49367324728_edaa780462_o.jpg

Rafe wants to disarm the trap before he allows anyone to take pictures or examine the artifacts. He asks Adam and Marshall to see if they can sense where the trap is. Using their werewolf senses they eagerly search the room sniffing here and there until they both discover the location. Rafe watches with pride as they both easily detect the exact spot in the rock floor at the archway. He explains to them how to make it visible and then disarm the device. Adam and Marshall play 'rock paper scissors' to see who gets first crack at disarming the trap. Adam wins two out of three when scissors beat paper. Marshall was a bit disgusted with himself. He usually wins at this game.
    49408509673_506ae9ded1_o.jpg
    49409186217_0bb75d9d55_o.jpg
    49409186147_948e66be04_o.jpg
    49408984991_19c831b6f9_o.jpg

They determine the trap is a fire one and Rafe explains the dangers involved in disarming the variety of traps that he has encountered. Keeping a shower in a can becomes a must for an explorer dealing with fire traps. Autumn has some in her backpack, so they are covered. Fire is very deadly to vampires. She is always prepared. He explains to Adam and Marshall, who is listening and watching but standing out of the way, how to find the circuits which must be done by touch. It will get easier each time they disarm one of the traps as they will learn exactly what to do and how to feel when the connections are severed. Adam eventually finds the circuits and breaks the connections with Rafes patient coaching. He gives Rafe an excited high five when the trap is disarmed.
    49367999592_9f8a65358b_o.jpg
    49367785531_f7f0a5a8f0_o.jpg

Gardenia and Wisteria are busy working together in the kitchen preparing food for later in the day. As they work, they talk, enjoying each others company. Both ladies are avid gardeners and Gardenia gives Wisteria some tips for growing some of the more unusual plants like the plasma fruit needed to help sustain vampires if the vampire prefers not to feed off humans. They prepare a variety of meals so that everyone has plenty of choices. Autumn had some plasma juice and fruit in her supplies and left them in the fridge for them to use. They put together a couple of meals with the fruit. Wisteria saves the seeds for planting and will use Gardenia's tips to ensure a successful growth.
    49369050056_4c30c4db7d_o.jpg
    49368588478_b938015422_o.jpg

Jennifer follows Alice as she photographs the area with the books and scrolls. Once the photographs are taken Jennifer catalogues them in one of the notebooks Autumn handed out. Most are in Elvish, and she does not know that language. A few are written in old Simlish and she can understand that just fine. Jennifer wants to sit and read, but continues cataloguing until all are accounted for. She notices Rafe is finished working with Adam and Marshall and calls him over explaining about the books and scrolls that are in Elvish. "Hmmm," he muses, "I definitely don't want to haul the books back home. They really should stay here. Would you like to learn the Elvish language?"
    "Well sure." Jennifer replies, "That will take years though, it is an extraordinarily complicated language to speak, let alone read."
    "Not the way I do it." he explains.
    49409737523_a1774ed13e_o.jpg
    49409737353_f28b96f62e_o.jpg

Rafe checks Jennifer's mind to be sure she can handle the information he will transmit. He places one hand on her head and holds her hand with his other. "Ready?" he asks.
    "Yes, go for it," smiling a bit nervously.
    Using his vampire talents, he sends his knowledge of the Elvish language to her. While at it he sends several of the other ancient languages to her. He knows she can handle it, and it will be practical in case they uncover more books in other ancient languages as they explore further in the tombs. If she handles this knowledge and wants more, he will impart some of the basics of the runic languages. He can then provide her with some of the books he has written, so she can study those. It would be extremely helpful to have a few others who can interpret runic language besides himself, Seth and Autumn.
    49410416302_8a4b0e3e54_o.jpg
    49410212816_6fd2f28731_o.jpg

"Wow, that didn't even hurt. Are you sure you did it? I thought I would feel something."
    "Yes, you now understand Elvish and a few other ancient languages. Grab one of the Elvish books and start reading."
    Jennifer turns to the bookcase and carefully opens one of the ancient tomes. She reads aloud translating it automatically from Elvish to Simlish.
    "eight bushels of grain, an oak chest storing woven textiles, 3 barrels of wine, 6 barrels of ale. This is an inventory list." She laughs, "I was expecting something of major importance to what these chambers are. I will have to work my way through them and hopefully find the ones that explain this place soon."
    "Patience in exploration is the key. Everything is important in learning how they lived, including inventory lists."
    Rafe hugs her and decides to impart the knowledge to Alice and Dedric as well if they are willing.
    49410212761_9bf7fb7dc6_o.jpg
    49410416047_82c004af43_o.jpg

They both are willing to gain more knowledge in order to study the artifacts. Rafe transmits the languages to both of them. They settle with Jennifer on the surprisingly still colorful carpet and begin reading the books and scrolls. Rafe decides he might as well give the others the knowledge as the reading will go by much faster. Wisteria will miss out because he doesn't want to transmit during pregnancy as he is not sure how it would affect the developing child. He will transmit the knowledge to her after the baby is born.
    49367323343_2f475d5f8e_o.jpg

Autumn studies the strange rock in the corner of the room. She traces the strange symbol in the middle of the rock with her finger and she hears a click. A depression appears in the center of the symbol and she calls Rafe over as she presses the depression. The rock suddenly glows red lighting the corner of the room. Rafe hurries over. "What did you do?"
    "I just traced the symbol and pushed the depression that appeared and it started glowing. It seems harmless. I don't sense anything evil about it and it is not making any loud noises."
    Rafe examines the stone and cannot find anything harmful about it. As he walks away from the stone his normally dark skin has a slightly red glow to it.
    49368000077_2bf6da01d2_o.jpg
    49367325018_ccdc315fbe_o.jpg
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member

About 2:30 am, Margo headed on to bed as she was tired. Yes, she is a night owl but after her adventures that she did on the night of the full moon and going to the Summer festival the next morning, she was worn out and needs her sleep. But she didn't sleep really well as she had a nightmare about death as well as other horrible things.
    LIObOfvl.jpg
    K9HNH1al.jpg

When she woke up a few hours later, she had a taste for pancakes. So she went out to the kitchen to prepare her some yummy pancakes and was trying to decide what she wanted to do today.
    alpu2g4l.jpg

Once she had all of her ingredients mixed up, she got her frying pan out and sprayed some cooking spray on it so that she could cook up pancakes.
    oa4Jv74l.jpg

Once they were done, she took her plate over to her table so that she enjoy them.
    qGqGCuUl.jpg

After she was done eating, she cleaned up her dirty dishes so that she doesn't have to do them later.
    XiZ9ndZl.jpg

She went to use the toilet and again it got clogged up, so she had to unclog so that she can flush it.
    aA5O63Jl.jpg

Then she needed a shower again to get the filth off her that she got from unclogging the toilet.
    SYXirfgl.jpg

But after she was done with her shower and had turned it off, it broke and leaked water everywhere in the bathroom. She's wondering if she could send the owner of the house a message asking him if it's okay for her to buy a new shower and toilet she that she can have newer and updated fixtures in the house. What's the worse that could happen she thought! Even if he told her no at least she has the skill to fix them and to possible upgrade them to become unbreakable as she really isn't too concern about everything to self-clean themselves.
    Ujp9aQ5l.jpg

So she got her tools and started to work on the work to fix the leaky shower head.
    iOjFklul.jpg

And since she still has her wish to upgrade 5 objects, she went and upgraded the shower to self-clean itself which brings her total of upgraded items to 2. Plus is was raining outside when she first got her shower, so she thought that she would work in this for a little bit and then maybe take a break and come back to it later.
    g4R9KYcl.jpg

Once she heard that it had stopped raining, she decided that she wanted to go back to the Summer Festival. She saw her first ghost there which was Olivia Goth.
    1ktn2szl.jpg

So the first activity that Margo wanted to do was to use the soccer net, so she went to the bathroom to change her clothes so that she wouldn't get them all dirty. She ended kicking the ball a couple of times before deciding to do something else.
    u1h8wRHl.jpg

She wanted to try the roller skating rink again, she she changed her shoes for roller skates and hopes that she doesn't fall down.
    bCTy56wl.jpg

She skated for a little bit and wanted to skate with Olivia Goth but Olivia refused to skate with Margo. So Margo decided that was enough skating for now and decided to try her hand at the claw machine again.
    9o2Ite6l.jpg

After a couple of tries of the claw not picking up anything, she thought that she was going to get lucky when the claw picked up a piece of ore but of course it dropped before it got over to the slot.
    hd7vSOCl.jpg

She tried a few more times and ended up getting a Teddy Bear and a toy car from the machine. After she got her prizes, she gave up the claw machine for now. But she will be back another day to try it again.
    tXaZFK4l.jpg
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Today i went back to sims 3 after 4 years. Im happy because my recent laptop could hold it without any lagging. Im happy i reinstalled it.
    I created a gold digger :smile: i love the attraction system and a lot of small details i didn't remember anymore. It was my biggest play time for a long time. Ive played for 2 hours straight vs the 15 min i was doing recently on sims 4. Tomorrow ill be back to it.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member
    She then wanted to try her hand at the Whack-a-Gnome machine again, only this time she did the Whack-a-Werewolf instead. She pretended that they were the werewolves that attacked back in Riverview as she tried to hit everyone of them.
    U7dVRgtl.jpg

Once the game ended, she had the urge to transform into her werewolf form as it is a full moon again. She ended up hitting her head on the whack-a-gnome machine as she was transforming.
    83Hj87Zl.jpg

And as she was completing her transformation, she howled like the animal that she is.
    WOgV1Qll.jpg

Flint MacDuff was at the festival eating a snow cone but he wasn't quite himself as he looks like the walking dead. Margo just hopes that he stays away from her as she doesn't need to be a zombie.
    1RaPAzel.jpg

There was the woman there that was with the paparazzi that wanted to pay Margo a compliment, so she went over to talk to Margo but Margo found their conversation to be quite boring.
    DfTeEnml.jpg

Margo so a Magical Grimm at the festival just running around and having a good time.
    E0C9qpgl.jpg

Since Margo didn't want to talk that lady anymore, she decided to go roller skating again only this time she didn't use the roller skates as she was running around the rink on all fours.
    iHZ8PJgl.jpg

Margo's phone started to ring again, so she left the rink to walk over to the sidewalk so that she can answer the phone.
    Tr0eN5yl.jpg

This phone call was another another scam call as the caller had told her that she had won a trip to Sunlit Tides but she ended up growling into the phone that she didn't enter into any contests to any trips to anywhere...
    wVovgHil.jpg

But the caller kept claiming that she did enter into a contest so Margo started yelling over top the call in hopes that the caller would hang up but she ended hanging up on the caller herself.
    52WvjSXl.jpg

Margo was getting hungry and so she headed on over to the food stand while James Hoppcraft was eyeing her as she walked by.
    7hV7T2Bl.jpg

She ordered a tofu hot dog as her wolf self remembered that a regular hot dog made her feel sick.
    U4Oas52l.jpg

She took her tofu hot dog over to the table so that she can sit down to eat it.
    F8BmtZul.jpg

But since she is a werewolf, she sat up in the chair like a dog and ate it like that while there was 2 young lovers standing there just gazing into each others eyes.
    IDAzqWel.jpg

But then the young lady too noticed and thought to herself how unlady like for Margo to eat like that.
    Pmjdumdl.jpg

When Margo got done eating, she was getting ready to go on a hunt until she saw the Magical Grimm again. So she decided to let it sniff her hand so that it could get to know her.
    jXbJ4Osl.jpg

After the Magical Grimm sniffed her hand and didn't bit it, she fed it a snack for being good.
    vidyrc0l.jpg

She then decided to try to pick up it so that she could hold it for a little bit.
    Th33p8ul.jpg

Flint MacDuff was watching the young couple as they were flirting with each other.
    TUbR4Qal.jpg

After Margo put down the Magical Grimm, she went and started her hunt like she was going to do earlier. She ended up finding a piece of Gold and Palladium.
    tOdGDJbl.jpg

After she was done hunting, she headed on home and took a nap on her scratching couch as she was getting worn out.
    iOM70f9l.jpg
    @Emily4331 That's about as much CC I had and my computer is built for high end gaming! When I played Sims 2 with a ton of CC, I had no problem on my dinky little laptop. I wish the developers had gone back and fixed all of the bugs with this game. It's sad that they basically abandoned it once the last EP/SP came out.

@Nikkei_Simmer Thank you! :)

That really sucks. Australia really buckles down on...questionable drivers, so there's hardly any out on the roads around here.

@emorill I've heard of it, but haven't played it yet. :)
    They probably won't be any heavily narrative stories, but I'll do my best!
    I'm so excited! I think I could build this one. The plan looks simple enough. I'm just happy to finally have more than one bathroom!
    I love it! Like, it keeps all of the charm of IP, but fixes those darned bugs!

@bekkasan I love how they basically play Rock, Paper, Scissors to see who gets to disarm the trap. :lol: That's a good way to decide! Good use of poses too! I keep telling myself that I'm going to use more poses for story related stuff, but then never do.

@lisasc360 Fantastic update! That cheap shower is so annoying! I always trade it out for something better once I'm able to. She looks like she had fun at the festival! :) I love watching werewolf sims run around on the skating rnk. :lol:
    After 84 years, I finally return with an update to a new save! Will I finally be able to stick with this one? That all depends on my game! But you can guarantee that I'm going to try my darndest, even if I have to move the household all over just to get them to work properly! As I'm still getting back into gameplay after a long time, this save isn't too heavily narrative. It might be in the future once I get the family well established into the world. :)
    Screenshot-20.png
    Screenshot-21.png
    Camilla and Luca Moretti are a young sister and brother in their early twenties who just moved to Isla Paradiso. Before, they lived in Bridgeport, but wanted to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Both of them had vacationed in Isla Paradiso when their parents were alive and had wanted to live there when they grew up. Now, they were getting their wish.

Screenshot-22.png
    Luca and Camilla are very close as they're the only family each other has. They confide in each other over things they won't even tell their closest friends or even romantic partners.

Screenshot-23.png
    The first thing Camilla does once she's inside the new houseboat is apply for a job at the local salon. It's her dream to be the top Stylist in IP. She's sure she'll have no competition. Luca watches some television, wishing the screen was a little bigger, but they can't afford anything nicer right now.

Screenshot-24.png
    Once Camilla is done with the computer, she joins him on the sofa to watch the show and tell him that the computer is all his. They only have one computer to share between them at the moment, but as they won't be home too often, aside from in the mornings and at night, one is all they'll need. But maybe they'll invest in a couple of laptops soon enough.

Screenshot-25.png
    Luca thanks his sister and sits down to apply for a job at the Business Office. Luca has always been the type who doesn't know what he wants to do with his life. He doesn't think he'll stay at the Business career for very long, but it'll be a good way to get some experience under his belt and to meet some new people. Maybe he'll even meet some pretty girls.
    **He did! One of his co-workers is that townie, Kaelee Kalani. https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Kaelee_Kalani
    She's definitely one of the prettiest townies in IP, next to that Yesenia girl! Hopefully he'll get to meet her too!**

Screenshot-26.png
    After applying for their jobs, the siblings sat down to read up on some skills. Camilla read a cooking book, while Luca read a book on Charisma. After that, they traded off.

Screenshot-27.png
    Camilla loved to check herself out in the mirror. She might not have been conventionally skinny like the other girls around IP, but she loved her curves and thought they gave her character. She was always telling women that they should embrace their bodies, no matter how curvy they were. After all, thicker was better!

Screenshot-28.png
    As she was coming downstairs, Camilla received a phone call from Florita, one of the friends she had made while vacationing in IP in the past.

Screenshot-29.png
    Screenshot-30.png
    Luca took over cooking dinner that evening, while Camilla planted a tomato seed in the planter bowl that she'd bought. Maybe one day she'd live in a proper house where she could have a real garden. She'd never been much of a green thumb, but she thought having a small vegetable garden on the side could be fun.

Screenshot-31.png
    The siblings sat down to enjoy a nice meal of goopy carbonara.

Screenshot-32.png
    Screenshot-33.png
    Screenshot-34.png
    After dinner, Camilla did the dishes, while Luca called one of the girls who had messaged him on the online dating website, Rei Matsuri. From her picture, she was very cute, and her voice was even cuter. He couldn't wait to meet her. Of course, she also seemed quite shy. Then again, if it didn't work out, there were other girls he could get to know.
    **I'm not going to lie, I'm lowkey rooting for Rei. She may not be as pretty as Kaelee or Yesenia, but she has that cuteness factor that makes me think she'll be a good potential girlfriend. The problem is that she's quite hard to romance, despite not having the Unflirty trait. But you know what they say: the ones that are hardest to get are always the ones worth fighting for the most. We'll see though! :)**

Screenshot-36.png
    The next morning, Camilla was the first one to wake up. Despite the gentle rocking of the houseboat all night, she slept very peacefully.

Screenshot-37.png
    Screenshot-38.png
    Luca came downstairs just as Camilla was perusing the contents of the refrigerator for something to cook for breakfast. She found some ingredients for pancakes and decided to make those.

Screenshot-39.png
    While his sister was cooking, Luca watered her little tomato plant.

Screenshot-40.png
    Screenshot-41.png
    Luca told Camilla about the girl he'd met online, as well as his very pretty co-worker. Camilla warned her brother about people getting hurt and warned him not to lead anyone on. He assured her that everything would be fine. The truth was, he would like to meet someone, but after having seen his parents always fighting during his youth, he wasn't sure if he wanted a committed relationship where such a thing could happen to him.

Screenshot-42.png
    Camilla wasn't oblivious. She knew why her brother was holding back on the committment front. But she also knew that the right girl was out there. If only Luca would have that mindset and at least try his hand at a committed relationship instead of jumping around.

Screenshot-43.png
    Screenshot-44.png
    She was a little upset that she had the day off because she wanted to get started on her new job, but the Summer Festival was in town. She got dressed and headed out, figuring that she could enjoy a bit of the summer sun. The festival was empty, save for one person **whose name I don't remember**.

Screenshot-45.png
    Screenshot-46.png
    Camilla called Florita, who came over immediately and the two friends began catching up on old times. Camilla was surprised to hear that Florita was pregnant, but assumed she must be in her early stages as she wasn't even showing yet. Camilla congratulated her and assumed that the father was happy as well. Of course, she had a feeling that there was something Florita wasn't telling her.

Screenshot-47.png
    Across the street, Camilla spotted Florita's husband, Teodor, with their daughter, Palmina.

Screenshot-48.png
    Screenshot-49.png
    Camilla decided to go over there, with Florita following reluctantly. There was a woman playing the guitar, quite badly. Camilla got into a conversation with one of the other residents who told her that the baby wasn't even Teodor's and that he and Florita had divorced after he found out that Florita was having an affair with Alphonso Alto. She even glared at Florita disapprovingly.

Screenshot-50.png
    Camilla couldn't help feeling sorry for Teodor and Palmira...especially little Palmira. Florita hadn't even acknowledged her, yet. Florita was her friend, but she didn't approve of what the young woman had done.

**The next part will be up shortly!**
    edited January 2020
    Here's the next part!
    Screenshot-52.png
    Screenshot-53.png
    Camilla talked with Teodor, who seemed like a very nice man. Camilla couldn't believe that Florita would ruin their marriage by sleeping with a man, who she heard was very manipulative. That Alphonso had better hope he never ran into her because Camilla would drop kick him off the face of this planet, right after she gave Florita a piece of her mind.

Screenshot-54.png
    Screenshot-55.png
    Camilla had a little fun with the Valerie Vidal girl, all while aware that Teodor was staring at her. Despite his predicament as a heartbroken man, she couldn't help smiling.

Screenshot-56.png
    Out of pure curiosity, she asked Valerie if Teodor was seeing anyone. Valerie assured her that he wasn't as he was too busy raising his daughter alone to even pursue a relationship. While Camilla thought he was very good looking, he did come with a lot of baggage and she definitely wasn't stepmother material...she wasn't mean enough!

Screenshot-57.png
    There was a thud on the ground as Florita passed out, most likely from the heat and being pregnant. She was grateful when someone helped her inside the building to cool down and made a mental note to check on her in a few minutes.

Screenshot-58.png
    Camilla met Harley Greenwood, who looked like the stereotypical surfer dude. He was kind of cute and Camilla could see herself having a little fun with him.

Screenshot-59.png
    Florita was feeling better after sitting inside for half an hour, but as it was still hot outside, Camilla suggested they visit the local pool to cool off. Florita immediately agreed and the two women donned their swimsuits and headed to the pool to jump in the water.

Screenshot-60.png
    Camilla might have been quite the good swimmer, but she was a hopeless diver. She'd suffered many belly flops in the past and today was no different.

Screenshot-61.png
    Screenshot-62.png
    A few more people showed up, including Luca who had gotten off of work and decided to head to the pool, hopefully to meet a few girls.

Screenshot-63.png
    Screenshot-64.png
    Camilla noticed him eyeing Florita and wasn't surprised. She was clearly the best looking woman at the pool, almost as attractive as Camilla, but without being related. Of course, she was sure that Luca would lose interest once he found out that Florita was pregnant. Maybe she'd let him find out for himself.

Screenshot-65.png
    Screenshot-66.png
    Luca challenged Florita to a breath holding contest, which the young woman agreed to. Of course, Luca had lungs of steel and it was no contest as to who would win.

Screenshot-67.png
    Camilla rolled her eyes at her brother's boasting and challenged him to a breath holding contest, confident that she could win.

Screenshot-68.png
    Screenshot-69.png
    Screenshot-70.png
    Camilla managed to stay in for longer than Florita did, but even she couldn't defeat her brother, who she was certain was part merman. She wondered if he might do good as a Lifeguard and made a mental note to ask him later.

Screenshot-71.png
    Florita swam by to splash Luca playfully as he boasted about his skills, making Camilla laugh, earning herself a splash to the face.

Screenshot-72.png
    Screenshot-73.png
    While Camilla was having a contest with an elderly man, Camilla called Rei to talk with her for awhile. Of course, she was too busy and couldn't come over, which was disappointing. But he was sure he'd get to meet her eventually. After talking to her, he called Kaelee, who was also very happy to chat with him.

Screenshot-74.png
    Screenshot-75.png
    It was getting late and cooling off. Many people chose to stay at the pool, but others headed home. Luca and Camilla changed back into their everyday wear and headed to one of the local restaurants and ate outside. Luca confided in Camilla about Rei's reluctance to meet him, even though they had been talking on the phone quite a bit.

Screenshot-76.png
    Screenshot-77.png
    Once they got home, Luca went straight to bed and Camilla was in the process of doing the same when her phone rang. It was Florita, who wanted to talk. Camilla was exhausted, so she only chatted with her for a few minutes before turning her phone off and crawling back under her soft covers.

Screenshot-78.png
    Luca had already gone to work by the time Camilla awoke in the morning. She quickly made her bed, then showered and dressed for work.

Screenshot-79.png
    The top wasn't exactly her style, but she had to admit that the jeans were nice.
    Post edited by LunBeauty on
    edited January 2020
    **Here's the last part!**
    Screenshot-80.png
    Screenshot-81.png
    Screenshot-82.png
    Camilla's first client when she got to the salon was Devon Han, who wanted some new casualwear. Camilla chose something she thought would be perfect for him, which still looked similar to what he was wearing before. Just...better! He seemed to like it a lot and paid her a little extra.

Screenshot-83.png
    Screenshot-84.png
    Screenshot-85.png
    Camilla was also surprised to see Rei at the salon. She knew the girl from the picture that Luca showed her and thought that the girl was even cuter in person, but her fashion could use a bit of help. Camilla asked her what she was thinking going out dressed like that. It just wasn't her at all. Rei seemed taken aback by Camilla's brashness, but relaxed as Camilla softened towards her right afterwards, even agreeing to a small wardrobe change.

Screenshot-87.png
    Screenshot-88.png
    Screenshot-90.png
    Camilla began going over what could be done for Rei and the end result was an outfit similar to the one she'd originally been wearing, but with a different style of shirt and more colourful. She thought it was quite becoming and made her look better than before.

Screenshot-91.png
    Screenshot-92.png
    Camilla was surprised, but accepted the hug that Rei gave her, urging the young woman to meet her brother. Rei was reluctant, but agreed.

Screenshot-93.png
    Screenshot-94.png
    Finally, Luca and Rei got to meet in person and got off to a pretty good start. They both found one another quite attractive.

Screenshot-95.png
    Camilla distracted her co-workers from interrupting them with a ghost story...in broad daylight.

Screenshot-96.png
    Screenshot-97.png
    Everything was going well, but when Luca tried to flirt with her, he could tell she was a little uncomfortable. At the next moment, she claimed having to be somewhere and left.

Screenshot-98.png
    Despite his disappointment, Luca texted Kaelee, asking if she wanted to come to the salon to hang out. Kaelee agreed right away with no hesitation.

Screenshot-99.png
    Meanwhile, Camilla was getting her flirt on with a customer named Rajan. **This happened while I was focused on Luca. So, this flirting happened autonomously.**

Screenshot-100.png
    Kaelee showed up ten minutes later, clearly excited to see Luca again. They'd only really talked on the phone and at the office, but the latter was work related topics.

Screenshot-101.png
    Screenshot-102.png
    Kaelee was one of the most beautiful girls that Luca had seen in Isla Paradiso so far. Her hair, her face, her eyes, her body, everything on her was perfect!

Screenshot-103.png
    Screenshot-104.png
    Not to mention, they shared a similar sense of humour and she reciprotated his flirting. Luca almost forgot about Rei while he was with her.

Screenshot-106.png
    Luca told his sister not to wait up for him and took Camilla to one of the nicer restaurants on the island for dinner.

**That's it for this update! I should have another one up in a few days! But now I have a question. Luca has quite the dilemma ahead of him! He really likes both Rei and Luca. They're both gorgeous women with two very different personalities. Rei is the more reserved type, while Kaelee is very free-spirited and outgoing. He's not looking to settle down anytime soon, of course and wants to meet more women. I'm still holding out for Yesenia.**

Hope everyone enjoyed!

Post edited by LunBeauty on
    edited January 2020
    Decided to distract myself with a mobile game to keep from going stark-raving cuckoo-for-Cocoa Puffs Looney-Tunes. So I decided to play SimCity BuildIt.
    D8122FE8-C132-4D4F-8274-74A04331E6CC.jpeg
    EVA’s cute. i’m tempted to make her in Sims 3 when I get my computer back. ~evil grin, maybe I’ll give her to Colin when he’s of age. So what do you think of that, eh Colin?
    Screenshot-59.jpg
    “nope, not sure about that one, Watcher..”.
    Looks like my town is coming along.
    Welcome to Hokuso Fields where the stench greets you as you turn off the freeway. Joy of Joys.
    457F2617-C39B-4539-BEDE-C8301AA75481.png

GYZ6Ak9.png
    @bekkasan , I was reading this thread on my tablet in bed and I did a double take when I saw this picture from your latest update:
    49367999592_9f8a65358b_o.jpg

In smaller size and in the dark it totally looked like a grey dragon was attacking your sims! I thought "wait, that can't happen in the Sims..." I only saw just now (in daylight and on a larger screen) that it's just a dragon statue!

@Nikkei_Simmer , I hope you'll get your computer back soon! I agree that Eva looks lovely.
    Evangeline and Gemma came home from school and very reluctantly did their homework.

VIqQdW4.jpg

wNFfJQR.jpg

When Evangeline was finished, she gave Timothy Wainwright a call and asked him to meet her at the Spring Festival. I was hoping to get their relationship up so that she can invite him to prom. But he refused!

9RgcgQw.jpg

Evangeline went out alone instead. She went to the karaoke bar and sang with an elder who has the awesome game-generated name Homer Self.

4rFulec.jpg

Meanwhile at home, Gemma painted and George taught Marcel to walk. Marisella was working at the theatre until late.

dHz78vF.jpg

Before George and Marisella went to bed, George checked his wrinkles in the mirror.

sWsp1hc.jpg
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    edited January 2020
    @LunBeauty

Thank you,
    Max is probably my favorite sim next after Ty which family save I wrapped up over
    Christmas.

@emorrill

Heh, I aim to please :p

@Emily4331

Nice to see you pop in.

@bekkasan

I loved the update, good of Rafe to secure the place first so no one would get hurt.
    I love the photo of them reading books together.

@LunBeauty

Nice to see a new save from you. I like Luca he's a great looking guy.
    It will be interesting to see what the two of them get up to.

@Nikkei_Simmer

Good you get to play something until you are able to play sims again.

@PalmArrow

I love the photo of them singing karaoke.

@thuggishsplicer

Yeah,
    I tend to play some other game sinb etween aswell.
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    Here is a small update from yesterdays gaing

[img][/img]7rc95si.jpg

A sweet morning kiss between the two of them, they are not a couple yet just sharing a house
    so I can control both of them.

4Gw305i.jpg

I can not have an update without a shower photo
    hehe.

922BjDF.jpg

Max tries to do chin ups, did not go to well.

n6G8kBG.jpg

Done with the shower

6M6oyVd.jpg

Max had to up his fun so got on dancing.

Al lfor now

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited January 2020
    Looks like they got fixed(images)
    I know facebook is famous for that.
    Anyways, heading to work but will write feedback up in a few.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,119 Member
    Morning/Evening everyone. :)

So here's how engrossed I was in my writing yesterday evening:

I forgot to do feedback.
    I forgot to do laundry (and there was clothes hubby needed for today going back to work.)
    I forgot to put his lunch together (Yes, I do that kind of service for him. <3 )

And I remembered to do all this at 11:50 last night! :weary: (I was THAT in the zone!) And don't even get me started on how SLOW our laundry dries in that drier, because that load of clothes didn't get dry until 1:50 in the morning! :confounded: (Time to vacuum out the hose and jazz...)

I finally make it to bed, then daughter wakes up to use the bathroom and has trouble falling asleep since. Hubby wakes up at 3:30 to get ready to head to work (he works early and it takes him an hour to get out to the office - gotta love the oilfield) and kisses me goodbye at 4:30. I try to go back to sleep and still hear daughter stirring around in her bed. My alarm goes off at 6:00 and I keep hitting snooze until 7. I knew daughter wasn't awake so I had to hurry and get my butt out of bed so I could get her butt out of bed to go to school.

We managed to get her out to the bus on time. I just pray she'll be able to focus with all the sleep she didn't get. :( And I'm hoping I can function today doing all I need to do on like...3 hours of sleep. :confounded: I see a nap in my very near future when time permits...

On the bright side though I wrote 6 Word pages worth of the first chapter of my Stardew Valley story at 2,585 words. :smiley: And the first Chapter isn't finished...so I will most likely have to break it up when sharing it. It starts out a little slow, still working out some kinks, but I hope it holds the reader's interest.

Anyway! Sorry to share all that - not that many of you really cared to know. :p Here I am! And here's some comments:

@Nikkei_Simmer
    I would have to say I have about twenty five on the go on fanfic.net.
    bow-down-gif-11.gif
    You're amazing! :star:
    But there’s a few stories that I plan to combine with newly written sections to get around the new JAG AU timeline I’ve created (with apologies to Donald Bellisario - who has always been positive about fans playing in his sandbox - even got congratulations from his office about my and @Featherbelle getting married due to the fact that being JAGfans was how the two of us met) so that it matches up more or less with the majority of the canon.
    ^You have no idea how much it excites me that Donald doesn't mind fans playing in his sandbox of ideas. :smiley: I'd give ANYTHING for him to read my Quantum Leap fanfic! And I'd love to know what he would think of it...
    That's SO cool you and wife got a letter of congrats from his office because of JAG. Aww... <3 Lucky!

@bekkasan Glad you found the time to write up and post your next story update. :kissing_heart:
    Those rocks are needed to stabilize that wall? Goodness, how unnerving. :flushed: I'm glad Rafe took a good look around first. (Why is it that everything he does and says sounds so sexy? <3:p )
    I love his adorable face while he's up there teaching tomb safetly to everyone. :love: Ahem! Moving on! :lol:
    Can werewolves really sniff out traps in the game? That's cool. :) Marshall looks so angry, but it's cute. :blush:
    It's okay Marshall, I'm competitive too and hate losing to anything, even something as simple as rock, paper, scissors. ;)
    Glad Autumn was prepared with some showers in a can. 👍 (She has more than one very good reason to be!)
    Victory high five! :)
    I recognize that pattern on Gardenia's dress. :blush: One of Charlottesmom's right? Nice to see her and Wisteria bonding. :) I can't imagine anyone those two wouldn't get along with.
    OMGosh I wish I could learn a language like that! :open_mouth: Give me a vampire! (Particularly Rafe. :smirk:;) ) Yay for Jennifer!
    An inventory list huh?
    I do love those reading poses. They were a MUST to have for my Christmas story and I'm so glad someone created them! :star:
    Lol! Rafe running over to Autumn being all like, "What did you do!?" :lol: And she's like, "It's okay, I got this. Trust me." :blush: I wonder what significance that stone has in all this?
    Loved this update and look forward to the next one. :grin:

@lisasc360 Poor Margo. Nightmares about any kind of death are the WORST! :flushed::cry:
    I hate it when appliances break one after the other. :confounded: I cheat and use buydebug to upgrade them on the spot. :p But if there's a handy enough sim around I'll have them do it to gain the experience. ;)
    Rain can improve a werewolves hygeine? If so, that's cool!
    I wonder what Olivia had against Margo? 🤷‍♀️
    ----
    She turns while doing the whack-a-gnome. That made me chuckle for some reason. :lol:
    Gosh zombies are ugly! :grimace:
    Magical Grimm? It's adorable! <3
    Since Margo didn't want to talk that lady anymore, she decided to go roller skating again only this time she didn't use the roller skates as she was running around the rink on all fours.
    ^LOL! :joy: That must've been a riot to watch!
    Wow, her growl didn't cause the telemarketer to hang up? :open_mouth:
    Ah, two teens sharing their very first kiss in the moonlight...with a werewolf wolfing down dinner and throwing pieces of food everywhere. :lol:

@telmarina Welcome back to The Sims 3. :blush:

@LunBeauty
    They probably won't be any heavily narrative stories, but I'll do my best!
    ^That's totally okay sweetie. :kissing_heart: That was my thinking when I started my Sam Beckett story and look at the full blown novel that turned into! :smiley:
    ----
    84 years! :joy:
    Camilla and Luca are good looking sims. :star:
    Darn, some of your pictures aren't loading for me. :( Do you use postimage? They su'ck sometimes! :confounded:
    Hope Camilla makes it big as a stylist and all the others step aside! :star:
    Luca has always been the type who doesn't know what he wants to do with his life.
    ^That would be me. 🙋‍♀️ Because anything I WANT to do won't pay the bills... :cry:
    Curvy bodies are better! :star:
    I LOVE Rei! <3 She's gorgeous underneath that hat! (She's dating that Harley Greenwood guy by the way. ;) But I bet Luca could steal her away. :smirk: )
    Luca's reasoning for not getting serious with anyone, is sadly how it is for so many people nowadays. :pensive:
    Watching a man with a baby... :love: And Teodor is so yummy anyway. <3
    ----
    Aww, darn Camilla won't pursue him, but I understand. Nice of her to help Florita.
    No Luca! Don't get the hotts for Florita. :confounded: I think he'd make a great Lifeguard. :blush:
    That leafy bedspread pattern is gorgeous! :star: Is it CC?
    ----
    I actually love the stylist career because I love making over sims. :mrgreen:
    That's a MUCH better, and cuter, top on Rei. 👍
    Yup, I'm pretty sure she rejected Luca's flirts because she's "in a relationship" with Harley. Bummer. :( Oh well, I guess he's gonna go for Kaelee. :p
    I guess he should go with whoever he has the most chemistry with. (Oh wait, this isn't the Sims 2... * )
    Love this story so far! :smiley:

@PalmArrow Love that pretty pattern on Evangeline's top. :)
    What!? Timothy rejected her? :open_mouth:
    Homer Self. :joy:
    You look great George. <3;)
    ----
    So how are things in your Stardew Valley game? (I just assumed you play it. ;) ) Who did your character marry? :)

@Silverofdreams30
    Heh, I aim to please :p
    ^Hee hee! :mrgreen:
    Ooooh! :open_mouth: You found a longer and curly armpit hair! You gotta show me where to find that! :lol:
    Oh they'll became an official couple soon I'm sure! ;)
    Gosh Max is so... :love:

Done. :relieved: Sometimes I feel like I type out too much. But it's only because I love chatting with you all. <3

Hope y'all see my tags... I hate this broken Notification system. :(
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    @PalmArrow Great update! Poor Evangeline. It sucks when your crush doesn't want to come over so that you can invite him to prom. Hopefully he'll come around, or she'll find someone better. Prom is usually where almost all of my teens end up going steady with someone! So, maybe it'll work out for her!

@Silverofdreams30 Beautiful pictures! They're making me miss CC hairs in my game that I'm so close to cracking, but I have to be strong! I don't want to risk my game having anymore problems like it did before.

@emorill Maybe eventually it'll turn narrative, but I'm horrible at coming up with stories!

It feels like it's been that long!
    Thanks! I wanted to make Camilla curvy because I've never made a curvy sim before. I'm really happy with how she turned out. She looked better before with all the CC I gave her.
    That's strange...I'll have to check that. They loaded for me.
    She will! It's also an excuse for me to make over all of the pretty sims that Isla Paradiso has!

Yeah, I don't see Luca being in the Business Career for very long. It was the first want he rolled job wise. Personally, I'd like him to eventually fix up that one resort.
    I love Camilla's body! Her body type, according to her online dating profile is 'More to Love', but I think she's beautiful. I'll have to make sure to only have her do strength workouts. If I have her run on the treadmill or do a cardio workout, she'll lose all of those beautiful curves!
    I already knew about Rei dating Harley. I might've had them break up. ;) I feel like Rei isn't as well liked as other female sims in that world, but I think she's gorgeous!
    It really is. I feel horrible for Luca. He's not necessarily a 🐸🐸🐸🐸. He just doesn't want to get hurt.
    I've looked at all the men so far and I think Teodor is the best one. He may come with a bit of baggage, but he seems to be sweet and I feel bad for him because his wife is a floozy.

Don't worry, I don't see Luca and Florita together.
    I think it is. I don't remember where I got it. I know I have a lot of Craven's patterns, but I have other patterns that I downloaded as well.

And now that I don't have as much CC, my CAS loads like a dream! Plus, it gives me an excuse to use all of those nice EA and Store clothes and hairs. Speaking of hairs, that hair I used on Rei is the very first time I ever used it and I love it! I think it looks so pretty on her!
    Don't worry, in my next update, Rei warms up to him. ;) I love both girls for him, but I also want him to meet other girls as his LTW is to woohoo with 5 different sims.
    He also has a lot of chemistry with Persephone Han, but I already used her in another sims save I did a long time ago. So, I don't want to repeat that storyline.
    Thank you! I'll go have a look at the pictures and see what's wrong.
    @emorrill Hey! So, I took a look and saw what you meant about the pictures not showing up. I quickly clicked the edit button and then back out and they seem to be showing up again. Can you see them now?
    @emorrill , one of my Stardew Valley characters married Elliot who is my first choice. Another one married Shane - I wanted to see grumpy Shane slowly melting as you build up your relationship with him, and it's a very satisfying story!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top