Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @Brandontaylor I use Firefox, but yeah. Both were broken for everyone after both browsers falsely flagged the site for phishing.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    @Brandontaylor,
    @lisasc360 The items from the Advent calendar look great.
    They sure do. Sandy does a real good job in creating them for us... :)
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    @Emily4331 I am so so glad they fixed the images as I was starting to get worried that it was changed on purpose. I can see a bit of Matthew Hamming in Pat as well. I'm sure Sable can worm her way into Pat's heart :lol: Her pink 80s inspired outfit is adorable. I totally have that "grrrr I hate exercising so much!" face too lol. Ah the hot tub, oh yeah it's all coming together. Whaaaat. I thought he would accept for sure! I see she was able to persuade him pretty quickly. Bye bye wife with the yucky yellow-borderline green hair :lol:
    @afai1261 I think Tristan looks very cute and has an innocent charm to him. Creative blocks can be hard to get over sometimes. I hope inspiration hits you soon so you can enjoy the game again. You are quite the talented artist! :smile:
    @Sleepstar I hope Ebony gets that promotion soon and congrats on the wedding :smile:
    @Silverofdreams30 Aw they are so in love. I've had sims that autonomously romantic like that too, it's sweet. Poor Mila. She's got a lot more homework to do before she finishes school.
    @lisasc360 I wish kids could make drawings with pencils and crayons for real in the game. I love how she changes the language on the items to simlish.
    @Brandontaylor Hi! I hope you haven't had any bad storms in your area lately.
    @Avatarit Good luck with your challenge! I'm not too familiar with the library sims but they do have very varied genetics which should be really interesting to see passed down. The four kids look adorable and it's clear already which features they got from the parents.

It was quiet here overnight. Hopefully it will pick up a bit since everything is back to normal now :smile:
  • Options
    @coco,
    @lisasc360 I wish kids could make drawings with pencils and crayons for real in the game. I love how she changes the language on the items to simlish.
    Oh same here as well. I guess we can just have them use the sketchbook for that even though it would be cool to see them color in the coloring books and draw on paper while sitting at the table or on the floor. I haven't had my SS son use it yet but I will when I send her home from attending he semester at the university... :)
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

I'm back home and will be playing catch up on the thread. Mom is doing as well as can be expected at her age and with her heart condition. I'm glad I was able to arrange the time off to go see her though.

Page 3742
    @Karritz Good luck with the badges. I never was interested in collecting badges, but it must be fun so many people do it. The ones I got were just from playing the game. I enjoy seeing the pics of your sims and what they are up to.

@emorrill Thanks for the comments on the royal family. I do enjoy hunting down or making up unusual names to go with the fantasy characters.
    I had fun creating them. The King and Queen were created many months ago when I created Adam's Mom and Dad. The rest of the family are fairly recent creations.

@king_of_simcity7 Love the new hairdo's and hope to see them on some of your sims.

@Silverofdreams30 I really do like adding sims to the storyline. It does make it complicated trying to keep up with it though! :smiley:
    I love your holiday card! Some of my favorite sims in those pictures.

@Emily4331 She is very pretty with the new tweaks. Course, she was before! :wink:

@Nikkei_Simmer I see nothing! I'm enjoying the catch up on the story.

@Sleepstar Glad you were able to get back into the game. :)

@GraceyManor Awesome that he is willing to help her and that she is willing to let him. :smiley:
    Looks like a pretty big house.

page 3743

@Somearylala Sounds like an interesting way to pick the family. :smiley:

@GraceyManor The world is Pixie Gardens, from Sims Realty I think.
    Thanks for the comments. I do like fun unusual names for my fantasy sims.
    The classroom looks really cool! The flowers were an awesome gesture.
    Sheesh, girl, do not go see Jake. Be done with him and forget it. He's an *** and doesn't deserve even a speck of a thought in your brain.
    OMG! She does not owe him anything. Talk about one really dense chick!!

@thesimmer14 Bummer about losing your sim.
    No, that one doesn't look happy!

@rubyskywalker Hi, nice to see you again. I didn't have a clue where that phrase came from. I don't watch you tubers. Much rather play my game. :wink:

Page 3744

@meerkattime Thanks so much, appreciate the wishes and the hug! :smiley:

@rubyskywalker Thank you so much!

@lisasc360 Thanks so much!

@Puddinroy Thank you so much!

@emorrill Loved the chapter, posted my comments on your story page this time since I have so much to catch up on here.

@AlexaKry Thank you! Appreciate it.

@coco Thanks so much. I do appreciate it.

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks so much.
    Love the Christmas decorations at their house. They are such a cute couple and love the fun dialog while sitting together.

@Nikkei_Simmer I do appreciate the prayers. I hope it stays mild and doesn't go into your chest. Load up on Vitamin C and blueberries.
    Congrats to Autumn and Mickey! Glad he is happy and willing to help out.

note to self, start top of 3745
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Screenshot-11.jpg
    Catarina woke up in a terrible mood.She barely had any sleep, was almost out of groceries and to top it off
    had to go on a date with her ex today.It was not a good morning.She threw on the best outfit she could, and didn't
    bother to brush her hair.As she scrambled to make her breakfast.

Screenshot-12.jpg
    The omelette looked pretty good she thought, as she stirred the eggs anxiously.
    "I am so not ready for today."

Screenshot-13.jpg
    The sky was an ominous grey when she finally left her house and made her
    way to Jake's.Bowling, she thought was a harmless date and would only take a couple
    hours at most.

Screenshot-14.jpg
    With the bad weather, it took twice as long to get over to her old neighborhood.
    She was tempted to stop by her mom's house, but knew Jake would be triggered
    if he had to wait any longer.

Screenshot-16.jpg
    "This should be good..." Jake said."You never could bowl well."She rolled her eyes.
    Here it comes.His typical insults."But...you seemed to have learned proper structure."..

Screenshot-17.jpg
    Her face LOL, I just had to share it.

Back at her house.

Screenshot-18.jpg
    Tom was a little worried as he hadn't bumped into Catarina, usually she's
    at the park or down by the pier."Catarina? You home?" He knocked.
    No answer.He opened the door and went inside.

Screenshot-19.jpg
    "Catarina? Hello? Anyone home?" Still no answer...

Screenshot-20.jpg
    And this picture is a just because picture.XD
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Hi. :3 Say hello to my first attempt at a skin! :astonished: Yes, yes, the neck doesn't quite match the body and it just isn't perfect all around, BUT I am still proud of how it turned out considering it was my first try. :3

b051PWT.png

Y3eIjP6.png

The makeup doesn't change much about it, just makes it a bit brighter on the high points.

Oh and the makeup also strategically covers the absolute abomination of a job I did on the lips. :lol:
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    Page 3744
    @king_of_simcity7 - great update
    @emorrill - glad Alan came to his senses but it sounds like his mon is going to be another problem.
    @GraceyManor - oh, great; Jake’sa narcissist too. Probably not a good idea to go out on a date with Mr. Enthralled-with-Himself. Hope Tom didn’t see them.

Page 3745
    @emorrill - it’s a mod called Dystopian Sky which allowed me to put the ITF dystopian world sky into the user-created world, I used.
    @Karritz - I’ll keep my eye out for a decent mic under $100.
    @PalmArrow - congratulations on all the birthday parties.
    @Silverofdreams30 - thank goodness. :mrgreen:
    @coco - it’s always been a mystery to me too that the light bloom is able to go all the way to the lowest levels of the bunker.
    @Emily4331 - Sable looks so amazing in game.

Still feeling under the weather. Kind of glad to see this thread moving at a pace I can keep up with.

Likes and Awesomes given out.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    The Way of Life
    Chapter Fifteen
    Well; That was Unexpected

Evidently, it appeared as though Autumn wasn't the only one in the family way after four of the Eight got a little too frisky. River ended up reaquainting herself with breakfast...and after brushing her teeth, she ended up falling into Haruo's arms; Haruo trying to console her with regards to her impending motherhood. It seemed like so much responsibility was being forced on her at one time and well, she was entitled to break down once as she'd been so stoic before.
    Screenshot-128.jpgScreenshot-129.jpgScreenshot-131.jpg "I don't know if I'm ready for this..." River told her boyfriend.

"You'll do OK..." Haruo tried to reassure her. "And I'll be right there through every step of the way..."

"Do you really mean it?"

"I do..." Haruo said to her.

"So are you going to make me an honest woman?" River, her tone coy, asked him.
    Screenshot-129.jpgScreenshot-132.jpg Her only answer was Haruo folding her into his arms and kissing her deeply.
    Screenshot-133.jpgScreenshot-134.jpg When she caught her breath, she just breathed, "wow..."

Haruo looked over at her and said, "I know that this isn't the wedding that you dreamed of, but considering the circumstances..."

"I don't care..." River said, "Just so long as you and I are together...through whatever may happen..."
    Screenshot-135.jpg ...and so they had their wedding in private, just the two of them.
    Screenshot-136.jpgScreenshot-137.jpgScreenshot-138.jpg ...and so two hearts became one in wedded bliss. And River and Haruo slept that night comforted in the fact that they had each other to lean on in the impending hard times.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    While listening to vintage Christmas music on YouTube, I found a video for Doris Day's version of Winter Wonderland a fan made using clips from two of her movies. I loved her outfits and I decided to try and style a sim in a similar way. I also wanted to see what the Advent wreath @emorrill found for me looked like in game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHE0Jo82_34

Vaa5LhE.jpg

P7a46Lm.jpg

hAsxe5X.jpg

nDphTa5.jpg

8Ja2afG.jpg
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @GraceyManor , Catarina's cross-eyed look is adorable! :)

@Emily4331 , as far as I'm concerned you're a genius for making a skin! I can't see what you mean by the neck not matching the body!
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    @Brandontaylor Hellow!

@bekkasan thank you. I was never interested in collecting badges either. Then I was getting bored with the game and decided to try to do a few of them to see what else was in the game. I found out so many new things to do that I started doing badges whenever I got bored just to see what else there was to do. Then when I started doing videos I found myself using badges in my original story (The Isla Paradiso Bunch) but the badges they worked towards were never awarded. This led me to do Caroline and Friends where I got Caroline to be in a one sim household until she got the IP badges - this confirmed what I'd read about those badges not being awarded if there is more than one sim in the household.

Badges generally make me do things that I wouldn't have bothered with trying out and often the results are a lot of fun. Sometimes just frustrating. The other thing I discovered, is the first few badges you get unlock extra items for the game.

Since I started making the videos about getting badges I find lots of people enjoy finding out about them and even doing them in their own games. Occasionally going to extraordinary extents to do it. For example, there are a few badges that won't trigger once Expansions or patches beyond Seasons (1.55 patch) is installed. I went for a few of them when I was installing the Sims 3 onto this computer when it was new. Other people say they have uninstalled their games to get them back to the required patch level to be able to get the badges to trigger. There are several threads around that detail all the different badges and how to get them to work.

I'm glad you enjoy seeing the pics of my sims in action. I don't tend to get many screenshots these days though because they tend to mess up my videos. Often I go to tell people about something my sims have done and I find I have to go searching for screen shots and often, after an hour or more of looking, have to settle for pictures I've posted before and were probably originally made back before the Sims 4 was released. Because I just don't have current screenshots. Sometimes I clearly remember getting shots of something but discover I only got video. So anyone relying on seeing my screenshots won't see much of what they get up to. But I do try and sometimes I get a few screen shots to show.

I'm currently saving the mp4 file of my next video. I have to watch it first to make sure it's ok. It is Caroline and Friends and she is now in a household of 7 sims and I had to watch my video on how to build a dive lot to build them a dive lot in Sunlit Tides. I'll probably build them another one some time but they are all at university at the moment. I just sent 7 Sims to university.

@Nikkei_Simmer I just got headphones from the store when I bought my new computer back in 2017. It has taken me a while to work out how to use them and was on the verge of trying to buy something a lot more expensive. Then back in October this year I was in a musical play and had to sing and we were all miked and I learned a few things about microphones. I applied what I learned there to my headphone mike and now my problem is solved. This mike will continue to be my way to do it for the foreseeable future. Another option is to use your phone. I have an iPhone and use it for making videos for YouTube and its mike is perfect for the job too.

Happy Simming

• Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    edited December 2019
    @PalmArrow

Oh, I forgot to comment to you. I have enjoyed the recent updates
    a lot. The photos in the most recent are amazing.

@Emily4331

Great job with the skin.

@bekkasan

Thank you, glad you had a nice visit with your
    mother.

@GraceyManor

Enjoyed the update
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Page 3745
    @emorrill Thank you. Much appreciated.
    I think I'm the only one that thought Maureen was a bit pushy when she and Alan met when he said he wasn't interested in helping and left, rather than the other way around. I saw your comments to @Silverofdreams30 is what brought that to mind. I think it is fun how we all read the same story and have different reactions to the characters and the story. You really bring the characters to life with your vivid descriptions and they way they react to each other.

@PalmArrow You know I'm a pattern freak and that zigzag pattern looks awesome on that sweater! I'm definitely stealing that look! I hadn't even read the update and had to type this first. :lol: I sure miss our pattern guru @CravenLestat. He's in my prayers since he disappeared.
    now..on to the update. lol at the stretchy look. ok...so I'm back to patterns. :lol: I love using that blue and white pattern on different outfits. I looks so good with the flower trim and it looks great on that little jacket.
    Her hair was lovely but the new dress is much prettier. :smile:
    I like that the transition between YA and Adult doesn't change them too much. Congrats on the multiple birthdays! That makes for a hectic day.

@lisasc360 You are awesome posting the advent gifts from Sandy! I missed the ones while I was gone, but I can get them when she puts them all up.

@GraceyManor Thank you, I appreciate the thoughts.

@Emily4331 Nice to see you playing Sable and oh...he's married. Well, that never stopped any of your sims before. :lol:
    I love her purple hair! Suits her much better!
    Oopsie! I guess Gabriel's wife came home. lol

@afai1261 Sometimes taking a break is a good thing. I will get out Witcher 3 or one of my Tomb Raiders as a break. :smiley:
    I think Tristan is very cute!
    Wow...you are very talented. That is a fantastic drawing.

@Sleepstar Nice to read that things are progressing in your save.

@Silverofdreams30 Love the kissing pictures. They are a very romantic couple.
    Lol at Mila's homework chant. Love her Christmas outfit!

page 3746

@Avatarit That really does seem to be a challenge to play. I've never tried it. You've certainly made a great start on it already. Just curious do Gwen and Holden have to have all the babies or do their children's children count? Also, if Holden is abducted and has an alien baby would that count?

@GraceyManor Oh my, I cannot believe she actually went on that date with him. Clueless!!
    I like her top with the owl pattern!
    Well, just stroll right in Tom! hehe
    I hope he figures out where she is and available to help cause I have a feeling he will be needed. I actually hope Catarina will stand up for herself but since she went on an ill advised date with a known creep possibly not. :confused:

@Emily4331 Congrats on your first skin. I'm so amazed at your talent and persistence in learning new things. I started reading one of the tutorials for making cc a few years ago. My eyes glazed over and my brain shut down rapidly. :lol:

@Nikkei_Simmer I agree about the pace of the thread. I only had 58 notifications on this thread when I got back total of 213 in all. Back in its faster pace would have been over 200 just on this thread after three days. I do miss many of the simmers and their stories though! If any of y'all (you know who you are) are lurking, come on back!
    Feel better soon!
    Congrats to Haruo and River on the baby and the wedding.

@PalmArrow Your version of Doris turned out fantastic. Thanks for sharing the video too. My Mom loved Doris Day so we watched a lot of her movies growing up.

@Karritz I've never had a game with just one sim so I know I got badges with more than one sim in the household. I would not want to have to revert backwards by taking EP's out of my game. I just checked and have 111 badges that I got without trying.

Caught up! I've got some errands to run today and then I hope I can tweak my update that I was working on before I had to leave. So perhaps will be able to post it later today or this evening.
  • Options
    @bekkasan,
    @lisasc360 You are awesome posting the advent gifts from Sandy! I missed the ones while I was gone, but I can get them when she puts them all up.
    Thank you... :) I just figure that I would do that so that everyone can see what they look like in the game before the go and get them or if they forget to check out her page for that day. I'm keeping a folder in my documents folder titled ATS3-AC so that once I have installed the items in the game, I can then save it to that folder in case I decide to uninstall them during the event... :)
  • Options

@bekkasan

Thank you.

From my random save.

[img][/img]Lx9ASAi.jpg

Sonyas Christmas home in Bridgeport

[img][/img]0LYWKyw.jpg

[img][/img]uz5bKWA.jpg

Admiring the snow.

[img][/img]0XuiTQI.jpg

[img][/img]nVmWTnj.jpg

A guy I created for this save.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Day 6 of ATS3 Advent Calendar consist of Dino Gift Box which can be found in the Sculptures tab, the Dino figures and the Dino Dollhouse are all in the Kids Toys Tab... :)
    https://aroundthesims3.com/
    Rq3C875.jpg
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Hey everyone. :)

I meant to get on here much sooner and make comments (and reply to your tags), but... the last 24 hours have not been great for me and I was (still am) just feeling very sad and overwhelmed. :pensive:

First and foremost, my daughter is struggling bad in school (particularly with Math) and we are fighting to get her the help and accommodations she needs as she is ADHD and mildly Autistic. Her father and I have been doing our very best to teach her at home. I'm so worried about her and I don't feel like her teacher or the school is doing enough so I'm wracking my brain and researching trying to figure out what to do...I've been bugging the Principal too.
    Ad her other personal problems on top of that, as well as having a chronically sick father, you can see why I often feel anxious and overwhelmed. :(

Second, I had plans to fly out, with daughter since husband will be working, to Arizona for Christmas to visit my parents and some family, but...all the good flight times were filling up quick and we (my mom and I) were trying to find the best possible flight route and when all was said and done, it was too darn expensive to go. :cry: Needless to say, we aren't now......and while I feel a sense of relief not going through the fiasco to get there...I really wanted to see my family. I miss them SO much... *sigh* :pensive:

Third, I was at 3 hours of choir practice last night and...we are sorely unprepared for our concerts on Saturday. :( For some reason the director wasn't there last night, when all our previous directors usually were 2 days before the concert! :grimace: (A man from the choir who used to be a band director directed us and he was wonderful - a sweet man.) But yeah we still don't know when to come in with the orchestra in some areas and some folks are struggling singing the notes on key when it's our turn as a choir to come in and...our spirits are down and many of us are worried about how the concert is going to turn out when people have paid quite a bit of money to see it. :disappointed: Dr. Evans may be a fantastic choral director for the U of U, but...I think we aren't the choir he was expecting us to be and he needs to step up more and DIRECT us the way a GOOD director would!

Anyway, I don't know why I shared all that with you guys. Perhaps I just needed to vent all that out to my friends. <3
    But anyway, I need to try and catch up on the posts and comments now. (Thanks for being a 'listening' ear. {{{Hugs}}} )

@Emily4331 Sable looks amazing and she sure knocked the socks off
    Pat! :star: (Oh and he looked so much sexier after your tweaking! :love: )
    I need to work out everyday like that... *sigh* #lifegoals
    Those glasses are tubular! :lol:
    Oooh, I like the purple hair on her. :) I just like purple anything. ;)
    ----
    Girl for your first attempt at creating a skin it looks pretty darn good! :star: Great job!

@afai1261 Tristan is not meh to me. ;) He has similar features to Jules and you know how I feel about Jules. :love:;)
    Aww, thank you. <3 I'm glad to hear you've been enjoying my story. :)

@Silverofdreams30
    Oh, that photo looks like one from " Pretty little liars".
    ^Close enough. ;) No it's actually the main characters from the movie "Mean Girls." :)
    ----
    Luna and Sean are so stinking cute together! <3
    Ooooooh! :open_mouth: This is one hot kiss! :star:
    wr7yFOZ.jpg
    How romantic! <3
    Did you get Mila's Christmas shirt from TSR? I love it!
    Lol! Girl we ALL understand the hatred for homework! :lol:
    ----
    Oooh! I very much like how they used the Pagoda roofs on this house (and the garage. ;) ) 👍
    Lx9ASAi.jpg
    Helllloooo to your new guy. :love::p

@lisasc360 Thank you for sharing the ATS's Advent Calendar items with us. :)<3
    Gotta admit, I'm not too thrilled with the stuff so far (mostly because it's nothing I would ever use in my game) but it's extremely well made CC, naturally, and gives Sim's homes a more of that lived in, cluttered look. ;)

@Brandontaylor
    emorrill Hi, sorry I haven't read your story yet, just can't get on the forums like I used to. I'm hoping to have some time to do so today or tomorrow, I was looking forward to it then had to get rid of internet so didn't get to read it.
    ^No worries my friend. :) It'll always be here when you're ready to read it. Thanks. :kissing_heart:

@Avatarit Have fun with that 100 Baby Challenge.
    That's one I will never do. :lol:

@coco *Waves* <3 Hope you had a good day yesterday. :)
    Will we see more of Sun and Saville soon? :blush:

@bekkasan I will remember your mom in my prayers. 🙏
    Yup, first thing I did this morning was comment on your comments on the story thread. :kissing_heart: I always enjoy reading them. :mrgreen:
    ----
    I think I'm the only one that thought Maureen was a bit pushy when she and Alan met when he said he wasn't interested in helping and left, rather than the other way around.
    ^I doubt you were the only one. :) There's many lurkers who read my stories here, and on my blog, and a couple of them were bound the think the same. ;)
    I think it is fun how we all read the same story and have different reactions to the characters and the story. You really bring the characters to life with your vivid descriptions and they way they react to each other.
    ^It is fun and pretty amazing. :star:
    Thank you. :kissing_heart:

@GraceyManor Yeah I don't blame Catarina for feeling the way she does. I wouldn't be thrilled to go on a date with my ex either...
    The sky was an ominous grey
    ^I like that description. 👍
    The sim bowling cross-eyes! :lol:
    Gee Tom I know it's your house, but is it good manners to just walk right in when you have a tenant living there? And a lady tenant at that? :confused: (Then again maybe he was secretly hoping to walk in on her undressing or showering. :smirk: Gosh I'm being so bad right now. :lol: )

@Nikkei_Simmer
    glad Alan came to his senses but it sounds like his mon is going to be another problem.
    ^I dunno, you might be surprised. ;)
    it’s a mod called Dystopian Sky which allowed me to put the ITF dystopian world sky into the user-created world, I used
    ^I see. Cool beans! 👍
    Hope you feel better soon. <3
    Kind of glad to see this thread moving at a pace I can keep up with.
    ^I think we all are! :lol:
    ----
    Aww, how sweet Haruo is to River. <3 I could feel his deep love for her through your writing.
    Well, gotta take what they can get living in a bunker... ;) I guess my question is where did he get a ring? :p Unless he was planning to propose before the crisis and bought it beforehand. See how my imagination runs? :lol:

@PalmArrow Doris Day really had a lovely voice. <3
    The movie I'll always remember her from is "The Thrill of it All." Did you ever see that? :) My parents recorded it off the TV to VHS and watched it a few times when I was growing up. Cute movie. :) (And I remember the leading man being a hottie. :love::lol: )
    The sim you modeled her after is pretty and those pictures of her on the ice with the wintry backdrop are GORGEOUS! :star:
    The advent wreath looks good in your game. :)

Alrighty, I gotta get properly dressed :p and work on getting the next Chapter in my Christmas story posted! :mrgreen:

Happy Simming everyone!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    @emorrill

sorry you were not able to fly out, it is so expensive to
    travel these days hugs. I hope you find the best solution for your
    daughter too. Thank you for the comments.
    I forgot to reply, yeah the sweater is from TSR.
  • Options
    @PalmArrow
    Wow, a triple birthday party? That's a busy day.XD
    I know I said before(I think) but I absolutely love the homes
    in your save.I love the christmas outfit for your winter wonderland sim.

@coco
    I know right? You couldn't get more boyfriendish than Tom.
    Catarina is just stubborn.(but when has my girls ever been simple? XD)

@Silverofdreams30
    Aww, what a beautiful kiss.
    Love her hairstyle.

@bekkasan
    Yeah she can be dense, but is probably scared as well...
    I might have been to..But like I told Coco, when do my girls
    ever just use their senses? XD
    Yup,she went on the date with him.
    Thanks! He was worried about her.He did knock 4 times and called out to her.
    He's used to bumping into her once or twice a day, so its beyond strange for him.

@Nikkei_Simmer
    I can speak from living with a narcissist, its not pleasant.
    I wouldn't date Jake either.
    Hope you feel better.Its going around.

@emorrill
    LOL.I think he was worried is all, he did knock 3 or 4 times and
    called out to her.He was trying to make sure she was okay and wasn't hurt.
    I understand how it feels to struggle with math, that was a learning curb for me as well.
    And here I am a cashier at a grocery store working with math LOL
    My church choir is behind on our rehearsals as well and we have a winter concert coming up soon.
  • Options
    @PalmArrow Love the cute Christmas-y pics! :3 Awww thank you! :3 That makes me happy. Did you mean you can or can't see the difference? It's slight in the pics, but the neck is just wee bit darker than the body.

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you! :3
    That Christmas home is lovely and new guy is :love:

@bekkasan LOL nope! :tongue: "Married? Challenge accepted. :sunglasses: " - My sims, probably.
    Thank you so much! :3 I love learning new things and always have, so I soak them up like a sponge. :tongue:

@lisasc360 Thank you for posting the ATS advent days. I would have missed them all. :lol:

@emorrill Life always finds a way to get better. Hang in there. :heart:
    Thank you :lol:
    Pat is a really good looking sim. I wonder who made him for this world, because I want all of their male sims. :lol:
    LOL sameeee. For now, I will live vicariously through Sable. :tongue:
    Hehe I love those sunglasses. :sunglasses:
    I basically like every color :lol: Except the poop green random townies get all the time. :unamused:
    Thank you! :3
  • Options
    Here's the next chapter everyone! :grin:

Darn, it's 485 characters too long... :confounded: So I'll have to post the next big scene of the chapter in a separate post. *sigh*
    Don't worry, it will be in a post right after this one...I won't keep y'all waiting. ;)

Now for Chapter 7 it's HUGE so that one will be broken up so you'll have to wait a couple of days for the next part. :p

Anyway, enjoy Chapter 5! <3

Chapter 5

It was a bitter cold evening, no thanks to the wind chill. Alan arrived at his parent’s home at 5:20 and felt to sit in his car and wait for Maureen. Soon it was a few minutes until 5:30 and he wished she’d hurry up before his parents caught a glimpse of him just sitting there in their driveway. Women, he thought, always late.

Just after he glanced down at his watch to see it was now 5:30, he looked up and saw the headlights to Maureen’s car outside his rear view mirror. Well, I guess technically she’s NOT late, but still… he thought as he stepped out of the car. The freezing wind instantly bit at his face and he turned to make sure Maureen was following behind him. Her stylish coat was buttoned up tightly and her arms were practically glued together as she hastily made her way towards him.
    “Not used to the wind chill eh?” he asked.

49179161426_0cdf264239_c.jpg

“It’s worse in Evansville,” she said, “but I don’t think it’s something anyone gets used to!”
    Touche, he thought as he followed her to the door.

“Ok,” he said, stopping her for a moment, “just follow my lead when we go in alright?”
    Your lead?” she questioned. “I’m the one with the card and story. So I think I’ll be leading the way, thank you.”
    Alan’s eyebrows bounced for a second. “Gee, you’re feisty this evening…”

49179370397_efc0f87175_c.jpg

“I’m just COLD!” she expressed through chattering teeth and shivering legs. “Will you ring the doorbell already!?”
    Alan shook his head as he firmly pressed the button. He really just wanted to get this all over with.

Alan’s mother promptly answered the door. “Alan dear,” she greeted with open arms. Naturally Alan stepped into them and she held him tightly for a moment. “Oh I’ve missed you!”
    “You too mom,” he mumbled.

49178668898_6dbc62e523_c.jpg

Then she turned to Maureen with a gaping smile and wide eyes. “And who is this young lady?”
    Alan rolled his eyes. “Mom, this is the person I was telling you about. Who wants to chat with you about Grandpa.”
    “Oh really?” she asked delightfully, studying the cute girl from head to toe.
    “I’m Maureen,” she said, holding out her hand. “Thank you for meeting with me Mrs. Anderton.”
    “Oh it’s no problem at all,” she said, shaking Maureen’s hand with one hand and clasping over it with the other. “It’s very nice to meet you; and you can call me Jennifer. I’m Stanley Edward’s daughter.”

49179370507_df699f36cd_c.jpg

“Yeah she gathered that mom,” Alan muttered, looking away.
    His mother playfully slapped at his arm. “Oh quit being a stinker. Now, come on in you two it’s freezing out here!”
    Maureen happily obliged!

Jennifer stopped her son in the doorway for a moment and whispered in his ear. “I didn’t realize our guest is a girl! You could’ve told me that.”
    “No I really couldn’t,” he frankly whispered back.

49179162261_f0d6d6096c_c.jpg

“Well, she’s cute and seems very nice. It’s about time you brought a girl home with you,” she winked and allowed him in amidst his eye roll.

Once inside, the two removed their coats. Maureen was pleasantly surprised that Alan offered to take it from her and hang it up. “Thank you,” she expressed in surprise. Maybe there was a little charm to the arrogant CEO after all.

49179371197_687c16aec8_c.jpg

Pleasantries were then exchanged between Maureen and Alan’s dad, Kevin, and teenage sister, Natalie. As his mom invited everyone into the living room, Maureen caught a glimpse of Natalie whispering something to Alan, to which he grabbed her into a neck hold and started giving her a “noogie.” She playfully squealed and demanded that he let her go. Maureen thought it was cute.

“Oh wow!” Maureen exclaimed, turning and catching a glimpse of the most beautiful, flocked Christmas tree nestled in the corner near the fireplace decorated with elaborate ornaments and shimmering ribbon. “Your tree is gorgeous!”

49178669558_9deda516bc_c.jpg

Jennifer was flattered. “Oh, why thank you. I know it’s not even Thanksgiving yet, but I’ve always put it up about a week prior. That way everyone gets to enjoy it longer.”
    Maureen smiled, shooting a glance at Alan.
    “It’s true,” he said with a shrug, answering her thoughts. “It’s been that way for as long as I can remember.”
    “I still say the tree should be put up after Thanksgiving,” Kevin chimed in, smirking at his wife.
    “Well I believe people should do whatever makes them happy,” Maureen said, “And if you think about it there’s really no specific time designated for everyone to put up their trees.” The men kinda nodded at that. “Christmas is my favorite holiday and I think I might just put mine up before Thanksgiving too,” she winked at Jennifer.
    The mother was loving Maureen already!

With dinner slowly cooking in the oven, Jennifer returned to the room after checking on it and sat down, along with everyone else, while saying, “So Maureen, what do you have that pertains to my father?”
    Maureen suddenly grew nervous again. Her face flushed while her fingers trembled holding the old card. She looked over at Alan in the chair across from her and he gave her a nod.

49179162466_3b5f822896_c.jpg

“Well...umm...what I’m about to share with you, Mr. and Mrs. Anderton,” she began, “may come as a surprise because you might not know anything about it, just as I didn’t know, and my mother. But, I’m greatly hoping that you DO know something.” She chuckled a bit.
    “Well, spill!” Natalie encouraged.
    Jennifer shot her daughter a stern look at her lack of manners, then looked back at Maureen. “Go on my dear.”

Once again Maureen explained the entire story in a nutshell, clutching the card, and her reasons for wanting to know what happened between her Grandma and Stanley.

49179371557_181875aa7e_c.jpg

There were surprised looks among the Anderton clan as she spoke. And once again, to her great disappointment...neither Jennifer or Kevin had ever heard of a Maureen Baker in their father’s life. There was a reason Maureen held back revealing the words within the card; she turned to face Jennifer. “Are you interested in reading this Mrs. Anderton?” she asked out of respect.

49179162691_3520637f11_c.jpg

Alan admired her respect and thoughtfulness towards his mother.

Jennifer gulped. It seemed she was trying to hold back tears, lost in her deepest thoughts as she listened at the same time. “Yes,” she replied with a nod.

Maureen lightly smiled as she carefully handed the card to the daughter of Stanley Edwards. Jennifer read it personally first before reading it out loud. She didn’t need to explain her reason for doing so, everyone understood.

49179371732_87e27f610a_c.jpg

As she read, with such intense interest, it didn’t take long for the tears to roll down her cheeks. She then held her free hand to her mouth, sniffling, and that’s when Kevin handed her a tissue. When she finished reading, she smiled at everyone and dabbed at her eyes. “Wow. Those words were definitely dad’s,” she said. “He was ever the romantic.”

49178669918_ff1e54dc15_c.jpg

Maureen smiled. Then Jennifer cleared her throat and proceeded to read the card out loud for Kevin and Natalie’s benefit.

“Aww!” Natalie hushly expressed, imagining what it would be like to get a letter like that from a boy.
    “Wow,” was all Kevin could say. In that moment the oven timer went off. “I’ll get that honey,” he said to his wife and left the room with Natalie choosing to follow after him.

Next Alan asked a question that had been weighing on his mind ever since Maureen entered into his life with the old card. “So mom, was Grandpa from Evansville? I always thought he was from...here.”

49179162846_51fafbe9d9_c.jpg

“Well...yes,” she replied. “He was born in Dayton, then his family moved to Evansville, and then they moved here.”
    “And that was after the war?”
    “Yes.”
    He couldn’t help the defeated look that appeared on his face as Maureen shot him a smirk.

“Oh my goodness, I have a faint memory coming back to me,” Jennifer informed, that sure got Maureen’s attention. “I could’ve sworn there was one time my father called my mom Maureen and it threw me for a loop.”

49179162931_f11890b889_c.jpg

Maureen gaped. “Did you call him out on it? If so, what did he say?”
    Jennifer thought hard for a moment, her forehead wrinkling with the effort. “I don’t really remember if I asked him about it or not, I think I just stared at him and he said, ‘Oops’ or something.”
    “Interesting…” Maureen said shooting another smirk at Alan.

49179372142_569d66df8b_c.jpg

He greatly wished he had something to shoot back at her with, but he had nothing. It’s not like the name Judith and Maureen sound at all alike to where Grandpa would’ve gotten confused, he thought.

Maureen then turned to address Jennifer again, leaning forward a bit with her fingers woven together in her lap. “Mrs. Anderton, do you have any more information or thoughts as to why your dad and my Grandma didn’t marry after the war? Why their relationship was kept so secret?

49179162991_35ce8a4b3f_c.jpg

...I know there’s still some research I need to do on my end, but--”
    “Well,” Jennifer somewhat interrupted, re-positioning herself on the couch, “my father was a Prisoner of War during most of the duration of the war.”
    Hearing that, Maureen, and even Alan’s, mouths dropped.

“You never told me that!” Alan addressed his mom.
    “I’m pretty sure I, or someone else, did,” she countered. “You probably just don’t remember because of all those teenage shenanigans you got yourself buried into…” She was speaking kindly about that in the company of a guest and Alan knew it.

49178670243_dd3f834a48_c.jpg

Maureen paid it no mind though. She was lost in her own thoughts.
    “He was finally awarded a Purple Heart about four years before he died,” Jennifer went on. “It was due to some ‘change in policy.’” She shrugged. “I thought it was about darn time! He sure as heck earned that thing after what he went through as a POW and survived!”
    “See now THAT I knew,” Alan chimed in, regarding the Purple Heart.
    “What!?” Maureen asked, turning towards him. “And you didn’t give me that little piece of information why? It makes all the difference here!”

49178670448_27301664f3_c.jpg

“Because I thought it was due to his service in the war, not because he was a POW!” he said with his hands spread out. “I don’t know anything about military service medals!”
    Maureen shook her head at him and then turned back to face Jennifer.

The woman gave Maureen a knowing smile. “I do believe I just shed some light on this story with that revelation?”
    “Indeed you did.” she smiled in return.
    “What?” Alan asked with a hint of irritation.
    In that moment, Kevin announced that dinner was ready. “I’ll let you do the honor dear,” she said to Maureen with a wink and then left the room to go set the table.

“Alright, what is it?” Alan encouraged her, when Maureen took a seat at the sofa closest to him.
    “You really haven’t figured it out yet?” she asked with an arched eyebrow.
    He didn’t, but decided to tease her so as not to appear ignorant. “I may have, but I wanna hear your thoughts first.” He smirked.
    She wanted to roll her eyes at him, mostly in a playful way, but she didn’t.

“So here’s what we know,” she began to lay out. “Your Grandpa and my Grandma met at the tail end of their high school years and dated - he gave her a promise ring to seal their courtship - then he was drafted into the war. They lovingly corresponded with each other, until a Christmas card never arrived in the mail. But the lack of this card wouldn’t dispel their love and cause her to move on from him so quickly right?”
    He shrugged.

49179163446_8c87af1f20_c.jpg

“Your Grandfather becoming a prisoner of war is the game changer here! It has to be the reason they didn’t stay together. She probably thought him dead. But...,” she trailed off, biting a nail as that ever pressing mystery of her Grandma marrying two short weeks after that card was written - pre capture of course - came right back to her, putting things back at square one again.
    Alan’s eyes widened a bit as he sat himself up. “Well that settles it then!”
    “Wait, huh?”
    “You wanted to know why they never got married right? Well there it is!”

49178669283_600a731fb8_c.jpg

It was said with such glee and Maureen didn’t like it. No doubt he was using that simple conclusion to get rid of her and out of his life for good.
    “Well yeah, but there’s still the question of--”

“Alan! Maureen!” Jennifer called, coming over to them from the dining room. “Dinner is ready. Maureen you’re more than welcome to join us. I set a place for you.”
    Alan shot his mom a disapproving look. “Mom, I think she’s going to head back home now,” he said then turned to Maureen, “right?”
    “Nonsense!” his mother expressed. “What kind of hosts would we be if we didn’t invite our sweet guest for dinner, especially when it’s hot and ready before she’s even left.”
    There was that smirk on Maureen’s face again, which didn’t amuse Alan, but little did he know she wasn’t going to give in to his wish for her to leave, not when she wasn’t done here like he was thinking. There was still so much more she needed to know.

49179163471_28fddd737b_c.jpg

“It’s too late to make the two hour drive home now,” Maureen informed them both, mostly to Alan. “I’d rather drive during the day when I can really spot those deer trying to cross the road.”
    “Oh yes!” Jennifer agreed. “They’re terrible aren’t they?”
    “Like they have no brains!”
    “Okaaay,” Alan said, stepping in between them to make his way to the dining room. “I’m gonna go sit down.”

Jennifer watched her son disappear around the corner shaking her head as he did. She turned and whispered to Maureen, “I apologize for his rude behavior. I raised him better.”

49178670628_d70a982aae_c.jpg

“Oh it’s okay,” Maureen assured her, with a dismissive wave of her hand. “I’ve dealt with worse people. You wouldn’t believe the attitude of some of the patient’s owners that come into my clinic. Alan is pleasurable company compared to them!”
    “Patient’s owners?” she questioned.
    “Oh yeah, sorry. I’m a Veterinarian.” She smiled.
    “Really!? Oh that must be such a rewarding job. I’ve always loved animals myself.”
    The two giggled on and off while they conversed a bit more.

49179163521_2852ea9096_c.jpg

“Jennifer we’re waiting for you two!” Kevin called out from the table. “Let’s eat!”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*Next part in the next post!*

(I'll just need a bit of time to put it all together. Thanks everyone. :) )
  • Options
    Chapter 5 continued......

It had been a delightful dinner. Alan’s family reminded Maureen a lot of her own so in no time at all, she felt like she fit right into all the conversations. Alan mostly kept quiet; he was the first to finish his food. He couldn’t help being impressed with how well his family got along with Maureen and liked her, even if she drove him a little nuts.

49179163631_3a111ecc42_c.jpg

Maureen had turned the subject back to Stanley and it was a joy hearing Jennifer reminisce and tell stories about her father. He sounded like one heck of an incredible man; one that her Grandmother would’ve been very happy with. Not that she hadn’t shared 50 beautiful years with her dear Richard, but...

There was a bit of a hush at the table as Jennifer revealed her heartache over never making things right with her dad, after a heated argument, before he died. Maureen expressed her sympathy. But the mother quickly changed up the mood by saying, “You know, you could really get a lot of information from my dad’s old journals. Where are those things by the way?” she asked in thought and then gasped, holding a hand to her mouth, and turned her gaze toward Alan. “I forgot dad’s journals are in the attic in the old house! Oh my stars we would’ve sold the house with those up there!” She was mortified!

“How on earth could you forget about his stuff up there?” Kevin asked.
    “I dunno!” the woman replied.

49179372742_6d387136e4_c.jpg

“When he died...I was mourning and distracted with a lot of things.” Everyone knew why. “I just wanted to get that place sold and out of our lives because there were too many memories attached to it.”
    “Well we really should’ve fixed it up before putting it on the market,” Alan chimed in.
    “Yes son, that would’ve been preferable and helpful,” Jennifer admitted, “but not doing so turned out to be a blessing it seems. I mean my goodness,” she facepalmed. “I can’t believe I forgot about the attic!”
    Everyone just shot glances at each other, not sure what else to say.

Dinner certainly ended on a higher note and Maureen even offered to help Jennifer with the dishes. Jennifer wouldn’t hear of it, but she thanked her. “Besides that’s Natalie’s job,” she said and everyone could hear the teenager grumble.

Soon Alan’s parents were hugging Maureen, thanking her for telling them all about the card, and Alan decided to take his leave as well. When Maureen reached for her coat, she turned to see that Alan already had it open to her so she casually turned back around as he slipped the coat on for her. “Thank you,” she expressed again in surprise. He simply nodded.

“Goodbye!” they both said as Alan opened the door for Maureen and then closed it behind them. The wind finally went away, but it was still fairly cold out.
    “You have a really lovely family,” Maureen told him as they walked toward her car.
    “Thanks,” he said.

Something encouraged Maureen not to say it, but she couldn’t help herself. “I just don’t understand how the apple that is you, has fallen so far away from the tree?” She said, mostly in a joking manner.
    “I didn’t fall that far away,” he frankly answered.

49179163736_a19a241bd5_c.jpg

“I’m just a more ambitious person and pursued other interests in life; and now I have a company to run. That doesn’t leave a whole lot of time for family. Or anyone for that matter.” They stopped at the driver’s door of Maureen’s car.

“You know, you can make time,” Maureen said. “CEO’s have a lot of perks. You should take advantage of them.”
    Alan lowered his gaze from her.
    “Heck you could even plan a couple of weeks vacation with your family and it would totally be granted to you!”

49179163771_98823c88aa_c.jpg

“Not necessarily,” he countered. “My presence is required in many different company-wide meetings and events. I can’t name them all.”
    Maureen pursed her lips and decided to just leave it at that. It wasn’t her place to give him advice; some things people just have to come to on their own.

“Well Maureen,” he said, opening the car door for her. “It was a pleasure and I wish you the best in all of your endeavors.”
    Maureen’s brow furrowed at him. “Oh no you don’t. You should know I’m not leaving just yet because we haven’t fulfilled the terms of our agreement.”

49178671048_060394e9a7_c.jpg

“What?”
    “Yeah!” she nearly spat out. “You agreed that you would help me ‘solve the mystery’ regarding our Grandparent’s relationship. Sure we have a very logical reason now why they didn’t marry, but there’s still some grey area there. What we don’t know is why my Grandma married so quickly, what part my Grandpa played in all this, and how your Grandpa survived and ended up moving to Brighton. I want to know their STORY Alan, not just the reason why they parted. That’s how we’re going to solve this mystery or we’re always going to have questions. We need to find out their story by digging into their journals!”

49179163851_b3c394b649_c.jpg

Alan ran a hand down his face as he closed the car door. She got him there as that IS what he said when he shook her hand. “You know Maureen, I don’t think I’ve ever met someone who is so passionate and determined to find out about their family’s history as much as you are.”
    “Well,” she craned her neck to the side, “I hear the Mormons are pretty gung ho about it. Pretty much since birth so...I think they got me beat!” They both chuckled at that and then gazed into each other’s eyes silently for a moment.

“So,” Maureen began, breaking the silence, “what do you say we hit up your Grandpa’s attic sometime tomorrow and find his journals?”

49179163901_1a5e52a2d5_c.jpg

Alan hesitated. “I dunno if I have the time to spare to do that right now,” he truthfully admitted. “The office always gets really swamped before a Holiday, and yes even my workload can be doubled. And I’ve got a big meeting I need to attend at one of the nearby Branches tomorrow.”
    Maureen just shook her head at his response. “You’re not just saying that as an excuse to get out of this are you? Hoping that after Thanksgiving I’ll just be satisfied with what I learned and move on?” she blatantly asked.
    Alan was surprised at her change in attitude and forthcomingness. “No!” he sincerely replied. “Why would I make all that up?”
    “Because you’ve been trying to get rid of me since the moment I came into your life with this story, even when we’ve made a deal!”
    “No I haven’t! I--”
    “Yes you have! So drop the act okay!? I’m not blind!”

49179164091_f3cba34f94_c.jpg

The two had taken a few steps back from each other during that exchange and now Alan was feeling extremely guilty, digging at the road with the tip of his shoe, while Maureen was chiding herself for blurting that out when she should’ve let it be. She just hated sensing such distaste from him and was tired of it.

“I’m sorry,” they both said at the same time, breaking the silence, which brought smiles upon their faces.

“Seriously though,” Alan spoke first, stepping closer to her. “I do want to pull out my Grandpa’s journals for us to look through because I’ll admit I’m curious about their story too, especially since I didn’t realize he was a POW. But I’m honestly telling you I won’t have time to until Thanksgiving is over.”

49179164006_b2d7bf4ac6_c.jpg

Maureen nodded. Then a slow, closed smile appeared on her face. “Thanksgiving weekend then. We’ll meet each other back at your Grandpa’s old home the day after the big feast okay?”
    “Sounds like a plan.”
    “Great!” she grinned, then playfully pointed a finger at him. “You know I’m going to call and hold you to it!”

49179373302_6b6bf958b7_c.jpg

Alan was really beginning to love to see her smile. “Oh I know you will,” he said.
    “Oh my gosh I just thought of a GREAT idea!” she declared while clasping her hands together. “I’m almost positive my Grandma’s old journals are tucked away in my scary attic as well, which I REFUSE to venture into! So if I can get someone to go up in there and find them for me, I can bring them back here and we can go through both journals together! Then we can see how they correspond!” Her body shook with excitement.

It really wasn’t a terrible idea, in fact Alan liked it more than he expected he would. Was her excitement rubbing off on him because he could feel his heart thumping with a sensation that he hadn’t felt in...years. “That IS a great idea!” he agreed. “Let’s do it!”

49179373402_56549ba217_c.jpg

Maureen let out a faint squeal. “Oh thank you Alan! You won’t regret this!”

49179373557_66e85cd30d_c.jpg

She was tempted to hug him, but that would’ve been inappropriate and...awkward.

Little did they know Alan’s family was watching them through the window, under cover of the curtains.

“Well alright,” Alan concluded. “So I take it you’ll find a hotel room for the night since you’re scared you’ll hit a deer?” he teased.

49178671528_93d8986f77_c.jpg

“Yes,” she chuckled. “Then I’ll head back home as soon as I get up in the morning.”
    Why do I feel strange sending her off like this? He thought. Normally he would invite the young lady to stay at his place, maybe even cook her breakfast in the morning or take her out to eat. But it was a whole different ballpark with Maureen and...he kind of liked that. “Well, drive home safely,” he said. “It was nice getting to know you today Maureen.”

49179373697_9fdd6a4168_c.jpg

Maureen really hoped she wasn’t blushing again. “Thanks. Same to you Alan.” Then she slipped into her car. “Bye,” she said as he closed the door for her. Pretty soon she was driving off down the road and Alan watched for a moment before he headed for his car.

“Alan?” someone addressed him before he got in. It was his mother.
    “Oh...hey mom,” he greeted. “How’d you know I was still here?”
    She smirked. “Mother’s know everything.”
    He shook his head, knowing full well that she'd been watching him and Maureen through the window.
    She came and stood beside him, with her arms folded, and gazing off in the distance. “What a sweet girl that Maureen is wouldn’t you say?”
    “Yes mom…”

49178669403_902b002708_c.jpg

“It was such a joy visiting with her tonight.”
    “...It was.”
    The two hadn’t made eye contact while saying those things in this strange awkward silence; at least it was awkward for Alan.

“If you ask me,” Jennifer said, turning to look him straight in the eye, “she’s just what you need in your life.” She meant that on many different levels and Alan knew.

49178668443_7795655c4f_c.jpg

“Yes mom…” he mumbled once again, giving her a quick hug. “I’ve gotta go now. Dinner was great.”
    “You should stay,” she beseeched.
    “I would, but I have an early meeting in the morning and my place is closer to the office so I don’t have to get up even earlier,” he flashed a smile.
    Melissa then dismissed him with a wave of her hand. “Oh alright. You sleepyheads never change,” she winked.
    “I’ll see you at Thanksgiving mom,” he said and waved goodbye to her as he drove off.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    @emorrill

MV5BMTU1NzU3NTA3OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTY3OTQ1MQ@@._V1_UY268_CR5,0,182,268_AL_.jpg
    This reminded me of your story, just the plot is a little different

"A soldier serving in Afghanistan is deeply touched by an anonymous Christmas card sent by a woman in California. Upon completion of his tour of duty, he returns to the United States on a romantic mission to find the woman who wrote the card."

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0783494/
  • Options
    @emorrill

MV5BMTU1NzU3NTA3OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTY3OTQ1MQ@@._V1_UY268_CR5,0,182,268_AL_.jpg
    This reminded me of your story, just the plot is a little different

"A soldier serving in Afghanistan is deeply touched by an anonymous Christmas card sent by a woman in California. Upon completion of his tour of duty, he returns to the United States on a romantic mission to find the woman who wrote the card."

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0783494/

@GraceyManor ^Hee hee. I've owned that movie for years. :smirk:

It's why the title to my story is so long because originally I wanted it to be called "The Christmas Card," but knew I couldn't title it that because it was already taken by the movie. ;)

Thanks for sharing. <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top