Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member

@emorrill Well done!
    That´s bloody awesome!
    48981278561_be5f913bbd_n.jpg
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Ugh.
    Something very annoying just happened when I tried to load the game.

As those of you who know me from this thread know, I have several long-lasting Sims 3 saves which I alternate between. Each of those saves has its own options.ini file because I use different lifespans and different weather and demographics options for each save. I tried to load one of my favourite saves just now - the one in Glendonnach, with Tamsin and Stuart - and although I was careful to replace the options file with the correct one, when I opened the game all the settings were set to default. I had to fix them manually one by one, but after that I completely lost the will to play. It should be fun, not a chore!

(Apologies everyone, this was a very boring vent! I will probably feel like playing again tomorrow.)
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Right now, copying some save and tray folders from this PC over to a jump drive. I replaced my more mid-end general use PC (an Asus M32CD) with an Acer Nitro 50 N50-600; which is a more or less entry-level gaming PC. An i7, Radeon RX580 graphics card, and 8GB of DDR4 RAM (plus an Optane bridge) should run the Sims 3 better than i5, integrated graphics, and 8GB DDR3. Between the corrupted memory, and the specs, I could only run one EP at a time, using different save files. Honestly, had I known Asus had really upgraded the M32CD series to the point it could match the Nitro, I'd probably just have stuck with a higher spec M32CD; since it could be had in i7 with the same graphics card. Asus builds and engineers the M32CD to be more durable.

And as for the old computer; now that it's out of warranty and slow due to a slightly corrupted hard drive, I'm using it as the basis for a gaming PC build since it's made so well. Currently, in preparation for the new PC, it's connected to my TV; as opposed to the dedicated monitor; and I'll admit, with HDMI it looks so much better than VGA. I'm going with an SSD (I'd like to stay equivalent with its 1TB HDD, but those are expensive, and since I'm going with gaming only, probably 250GB SSD to keep costs down), a decent graphics card (the Asus has integrated graphics; as it's designed for more or less general computing and an upgraded power supply. I've learned RAM and graphics seem to be more important than the processor. I've seen lots of entry-level gaming PC builds use i5s, so I'm sticking with the original processor. Probably what I'll end up with is something slightly better than the Acer. And, do I need to bother with upgrading cooling? While I play a lot of racing games that are graphics intensive, I can't say there hasn't been anything more intensive on a PC than TS3. But, it's a much better game in many regards than TS4.
  • thebriamonthebriamon Posts: 377 Member
    After all the excitement I had with my game recently, I've fallen into a funk and haven't played for a few days. I need to focus on making Christmas gifts so I can get them all done in time.

Hopefully I'll want to play again soon. I really do like the Koffi family.
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 814 Member
    @bekkasan I will as I figure out what to do next.
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    ZhakiraP wrote: »
    @emorrill Well done!
    That´s bloody awesome!
    48981278561_be5f913bbd_n.jpg

Hee hee. Thanks. :blush: It was a joy!

@PalmArrow I'm sorry that happened. :( SO frustrating! Vent away! We are here to listen. <3

@cody6268 Welcome to the thread. :) Best wishes getting TS3 running again. NRaas mods really help it run much better and smoother. They are must have mods for the game! And yes, it IS better than TS4. :smirk:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • cocococo Posts: 2,722 Member
    @GraceyManor Shifu's story is sad. I hope Ti-long isn't hiding out in the shadows waiting for the right opportunity to steal the scroll again :grimace:
    Ah dang it Ti-long isn't dead after all. That big peach tree is gorgeous. Master Oogway may have a strange name but he's very wise. Aw poor Shifu, how heartbreaking. He sure does have a lot of faith in Ena. Maybe this will change Shifu's opinion of her.
    Ok this sounds like a quote from Kung Fu Panda because Ena can't possibly be anywhere near 500lbs :lol: To be fair I think Crane, Tigress and the others might have a better chance of stopping Ti-long. Ena is a fast runner! I think the most important thing is for Ena to believe in herself.
    @Silverofdreams30 Do you use a star mod? They look so sparkly. The first guy is cute. Pamela seems like a bit of a party girl. Adorable picture of her and Jeffrey kissing :smile:
    @king_of_simcity7 Spain sounds so exotic. How has the food been?
    @emorrill Ahh fantastic! *bows down to you* Now you can get to the fun bit and start taking pictures. I'm so curious to see who the main characters are :smile:
    @palmarrow It's so annoying to adjust lifepsans and all that. I had to do it recently when I updated my graphics card and thought I had a copy of the options file but I didn't. I hope you feel up to playing again tomorrow :smile:
    @cody6268 Welcome to forums and congrats on the new computer! I don't know much about pc specs but I was able to get a really good custom gaming pc thanks to some knowledgeable people on this forum. If you're after advice I highly suggest commenting in the new member technical discussion (until you're a full member), I'm sure you will get some great responses. Then you can share your sims pictures here :smile:
    @thebriamon It's easy to get burnt out with this game in my experience. What kind of Christmas gifts are you making? :smile:
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Sorry about the lack of updates from me. I'm hoping to work on an update or two this weekend.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    @Puddinroy, 3704.
    Hellooo!

@bekkasan.
    Happy belated birthday...and I wish the mobile site allowed me to save a draft...
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@king_of_simcity7 Congrats again! Sounds like busy voyage so far.
    Bummer about the rain. It is thundering outside right now. :(

@missvalerina She is indeed very pretty.

@GraceyManor That is not very nice laughing at the newbie like that :(
    Tragic story about Ti-long and Shifu.
    What a strange face she made!
    Oh, how sad! I hope Shifu has learned the masters wisdom.
    Gosh, what nerve making fun of Shifu in front of the other students.
    lol that he caught her.
    She's gonna have to learn mighty fast if the bad evil girl has already escaped.

@coco Thanks so much for the comments. :) I love that tea set on the balcony and it is part of the honeymoon suite.
    I have put all my settings in this profile back to default for pregnancy in the MH save. :smiley: It is up to the fates.
    Great guess for @GraceyManor's story. You are good!

@meerkattime Thanks so much for the comments. ack! No triplets! :grin:

@Silverofdreams30 The scenery pictures are gorgeous!
    Love the party pics. Nice to see that she does study too! :grin:

@ZhakiraP It is nice to get encouragement. :smiley: I really do appreciate your comments. :)
    I can think of a few tons of times I got caught up playing sims or Witcher or other games, and suddenly realized it was way past time to cook supper, do paperwork or shoulda been in bed hours before.
    I love romance a bit more than I do drama, but, I do like mysteries and adventures so enjoy adding that to my stories.

@emorrill Congrats on finishing the story! I'm looking forward to seeing it on the thread.

@PalmArrow Oh that is a bummer! I'm glad you remember the settings to change it back to. Hopefully you will feel like playing tomorrow. I've missed your stories.
    I've set up my stories with different option files after you told us about it, and I'm not sure I would remember. I think I'm gonna go make duplicates of those files right now!

@cody6268 Welcome! Sounds like you have a great plan. Would love to see my sims up on my big screen tv!

@thebriamon Sometimes we do need a break and can come back to the game with a fresh outlook. I like your Koffi family as well. What kind of gifts are you making?

@Steamvarius Thanks very much! Appreciate the birthday wishes and love belated ones too.
    I don't even try to 'chat' on mobile. I can't see the dag blamed chat box on that tiny screen! ::grabs my cane and shakes it at the phone:: My eyes are a year older too! :grin:
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    @coco
    Very sad story for shifu.Yeah, Ti-lung is still alive and well.
    Just being held in prison...until she escaped.It is a qoute from the movie.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_1NU60qHWs&amp;t=73s
    XD

@bekkasan
    No.Its not.I think Tigress may be a little bit jealous.
    Yeah, She probably shouldn't have made fun of her instructor like that.XD
    Yup. he's much quicker than her.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    edited October 2019
    It's nice to see everyone busily playing their games. I've had a couple of days to get over last week (tech week) and then 2 performances. I'm so glad I don't have to do much for this play. All the costume changes are exhausting to watch. And they have to happen so fast.

The world I'm currently playing in is Moonfall Island. That's where Oscar is at the boarding school.

A few days ago I discovered some of my sims were missing from Moonfall Island. I have noticed I've had a few messages saying large numbers of sims have been run out of town. So I decided to investigate NRAAS Story Progression to see what I can do to stop my own sims being run out of town just because they live in houses I haven't played for a while. I still want them in the game or else I wouldn't have gone to the trouble of adding them to it.

So far I've lost Julia Ericksen, Harry Genie and Belinda Bombay. All are from my Colourful Mermaids household.

Julia was human and I added the mermaid occult to her. She is a made over version of Ella, who I made back in June 2009.
    Julia003.jpg

Harry Genie - he was originally a genie but I added the mermaid occult to him to make him a genie + mermaid
    HarryGenie001.jpg

Belinda Bombay - originally a witch, but now a witch + mermaid. I have another Belinda Bombay in the game, in a different world. But she's a teen and is a clone of another of my witches.
    Belinda-Witch-Mermaid002.jpg

This is the clone of Bess who I also named Belinda when they were all in different games. They still are supposed to live in different worlds in the Big Game that Oscar is now in too.
    Belinda002.jpg
    I think she's still a child in this pic.

Back in Moonfall Island I discovered another child who I thought may have been a child the game added, but I had a good look at him and discovered his parents are sims I made. But they are not living in Moonfall Island. This child lives there in his house all alone.

I didn't get a picture of the lonely child, but here are some pics of his family whilst they were living in Legacy Island III - probably back in 2016. I haven't played them for a long time but used to play them often and want to keep them all in my Big Game.

His family are in the family tree but there is no way of using him to contact them. I recognise their names - sort of. Their first names are familiar and I know which sims they are but the family name is new to me. Maybe I did something really odd a year or so ago and forgot about it.

This is a picture of his parents with their silver plumbot and the mail man.
    MaggieAndBen003.jpg

The plumbot has gone missing too. I really liked that plumbot as it is so bright and shiny and silver. If I don't come across it in my travels soon I'll relaunch that old 2016 game and grab Silver and add it to their household again.

There are two more children in the family as well.

I also discovered a child, in Moonfall Island, I thought she was a townie. But it turns out she is one of mine as she was born to two of my own sims. She lives with her father. Her mother is in a different world. Sunlit Tides. Her mother is Sally, who I first made in 2009 and her father is a new Sim I made a year or so ago. I have played Sally a lot and her father not much at all, I can't even remember his name. He is a sim who features in the last episode of Oscar's Childhood that I posted a few days ago. He has a square face and wide flat mouth that suits his face. Unfortunately his little daughter has inherited his mouth and it doesn't suit a child at all. I'll wait to see how she grows up. She'll have to go to boarding school as she's not had any toddler or child training and I don't want her aging up to teen without having been to boarding school and learned something.

So I have some missing sims who I want to get back into my game. My first thought was to go and add new versions of them to the game. Then decided not to do that as they may have moved out and gone to another world. I have no idea how that would be possible, but I decided to do a census of all the sims in all of the worlds of this game. It's been a really long time since I added sims to the various worlds in the game and I am going to want to sent Oscar and Eric and Susanne out exploring these worlds together soon. I've been thinking about it and unsure of where to send them first as I don't exactly remember much about any of the worlds and have no idea of where to send them to see specific sims I'd like to play for a while.

I have my spreadsheet. It has all of the sims listed and the worlds they are in too. I decided to start with my spreadsheet.

Step 1 I verified the presence of all of the sims my spreadsheet said ought to be in Moonfall Island. This led me to discover both of the children I mentioned above are in fact, my own sims. I just didn't remember them. Their family trees confirmed this. I also confirmed the three mermaids are missing. I have recently played versions of them in my Colourful Mermaid saves so could go to one of those saves and retrieve them from there. They'd just lose their friends but I'm sure they'd get over that soon enough.

Another thing I want to do is to make is so each household can't move. I can do that with NRAAS story progression. I'm still not sure how to stop them being evicted with the cleanup of stray sims each day. I'll have to find out how to do that.

There followed me spending a day and a bit going through all of my worlds and verifying my sims are in fact safely in those worlds.

I found 3 of my worlds are empty. Legacy Island III, Dragon Valley and Cake Island II. I knew the first two were empty but wasn't sure about Cake Island II.

This is the list of worlds and the number of sims (of mine or townies I've played significantly) who are in each of them.
    Barnacle Bay - 82; Cake Island - 84; Chocolate Cake Island - 8; Cotes d'Ambonnay - 5; Dark Harbor - 87; Erewhon - 6; Grey Meadow Islands - 7; Hidden Springs - 1; Isle of Sims III - 40; Lucky Palms - 113; Moonfall Island - 60; Moonlight Falls - 42; Norbrewych - 30; Sunlit Tides - ?

Sunlit Tides is a mystery. I did them in alphabetic order. Had no problems getting to any of them except for Sunlit Tides. After hours of trying all sorts of things to get there all I ever got was a message telling me a Serious Error Has Occurred and strongly advised to quit the program.

Now, Sunlit Tides is a MAJOR part of my Big Game. It is overpopulated and I need to move sims out of it. There is only one empty house that I use to land my traveling sim. Some other houses have multiple families crammed into them. A while back, over a year now, I started moving sims out of Sunlit Tides but got distracted. The only sims I managed to move out back then were four of Sally's children with three young adults. They are the 7 sims living in Grey Meadow Islands.

I had a big think on how to deal with the problem. I tried getting the nhd and package files for Sunlit Tides from an earlier game. I went back as far as 5th November 2018. Still I had the exact same problem. So I did a lot of searching through backup drives and came to a game that was about a year older. It could be traveled to. So I grabbed it. I found Sally's children were still in that version of Sunlit Tides. I kept the game separate and made a new sim and sent her to Sunlit Tides and she assisted the 7 sims from Sunlit Tides to travel to Grey Meadow Islands.

Then I saved the game. All other sims in Sunlit Tides ought to be exactly the same as the ones in the bad version of the nhd files. So I copied the nhd and package files from this newly saved game and put them into the save I was using to do the census of my sims in all worlds. That game is a copy of the game I'm using to record the Oscar's Childhood videos and also the McFluff Story videos. Oscar is in Moonfall Island and the McFluffs are in Dark Harbor and in Hidden Springs. They will all end up in Hidden Springs eventually.

So now I'm about to start my census of Sunlit Tides. Once that's done I'll know how many sims I need to find and add back to the game. I'm pretty confident the missing family of the lonely child in Moonfall Island is safely in Sunlit Tides and I'll move them to Moonfall Island to join him there. I will also move a few more households out of Sunlit Tides so it isn't so over populated. I'll probably send them to Cake Island II as it has houses already placed in it. Cake Island is also in this game, but it is an empty world and that's the one I preferred initially.

So that's what I'm up to at the moment. There are over 700 sims in my spreadsheet but I think a lot of them are townies as occasionally I'd write down all the townies in a world too. Now I'm just interested in townies (pre-made sims) if they become involved with some of my own sims in some way. Most of the worlds I choose to play now are free of sims, and if they have a resident population I often, but not always, do a total annihilation of the existing population before moving my sims in.

Happy Simming all

EDIT: Just one more pic - this is the crazy Mermaid House I built for some of the mermaids in Moonfall Island. All of the missing mermaids went missing from this house. I have other houses around the world with mermaids in them too so there are quite a few mermaids in that town.

Don't ask me to explain it's shape - sometimes I just like to build things a bit differently.

Crazy-Mermaid-House-Moonfall-Island001.jpg

75380431_408561600068098_2027940242702467072_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_oc=AQkktH1c0dlfJ-oYNyof1YYIx6nkp--cpYeiYn0WujEeJVH9kIe5RCcLssMwPzqEYGy_FRFr1vWWauBsScZTHKoC&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=32719413357a22e79f59066c3a6cab8f&oe=5E1ECD86
    Viper: I took Ena for her fitting.
    Mikey: :o
    Shifu: Eyes to yourself.
    Mikey: :o

76713946_408559863401605_3567025873255137280_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQn4Umqknf_vYxhx_E5ZzvbT4Yn-7fMMDRaiUsNqCzgBvzUXZrwo3W3hkj_MbFXe73it3dugEbF1dYWKOcrcMO_W&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=db9efbb731dc140e714732bae9013473&oe=5E5A3EC7
    Shifu: When you focus on kung fu...you stink.
    Ena: Hey!
    Shifu: But that's partially my fault.I can not train you as I have the others.I now see the only
    way to get to you is with this.
    Shifu shows Ena a bag of fortune cookies.
    Ena:Oh! food! good I'm starving.
    Shifu: Excellent.When you've been trained, you'll eat.
    Let's begin.

74187913_408559926734932_1946667482798358528_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQnSXprZgImwp9iQYaSoz5m4ybd5a4xrDclNl0jcGomBEWwUxjyeOLKPxNisVKVkm36uUjf6ER2vSOFuxAoL0Upn&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=b83ee0a98a3a4162017c081e0450e0fc&oe=5E5B8239
    Shifu: Ena, a little faster.come on.
    Ena: Hey, I'm not used to this.Remember, level 0.
    Shifu: Right..

73390614_408559980068260_1430218371491692544_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQlUxNWJDhnqC4Lhq4NDjQUc17qEix1SBEqjDTXRj_e8PxYV_JS-vXpFFNXF8GLFXEZ0SKIU4QY8HLHkKTzbDg0v&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=8d7ee210deee7c00c4de31bfac8f048d&oe=5E172344
    Ena: Why can't try the board thingy?
    Shifu: You'll break your hand..and I don't feel like going to a doctor.
    Ena: :|

many days later...

73174422_408560116734913_7280549662182866944_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQmqPH-SeOD-TKi2QdQebW4pMseEIAHYQ0T1dMoKESSj2pVCIF5ejFOeooJQwr0QRQNrvImGUlaKtD0ieW0DN8Nv&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=e71426770989e9f14b11068bcb029927&oe=5E58400D
    Shifu: Good.

76726991_408560063401585_6783881181671718912_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQlNcxIoaklSxFTSBrrLaSKrs2bcIsbfWvw6oISCh0cpwAVA39P9wLPKPhTVFhdHogEL2P4a0843thcoET_HPDTY&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=f0cb19afb3e067852d1ce8d5de924b95&oe=5E2124CB
    Shifu: Find your opponent's weakness and use it against him.

75043759_408560166734908_103852700059303936_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQnW1hFZQwIL7_u6Vj53DsimnLXd9LBc8_P9kBPP27tcXtO5RscIuXRNMbyUjfl-7HWB4B9M88zXRA0wSGnCvv4f&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=ec7bacc12ae9639e12fbc3b9e13d47ea&oe=5E54189B
    Ena: Like that?
    Shifu: Uh...yeah.

74235572_408560236734901_7993568676324311040_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_oc=AQlmteRjH_kPHOJY7cD_1AqUychV8jchvTyVczoQcHvG1dQrFHm-1JlQ3eVSfNB1k0uMaRD5EbD0gVCRjsO8cfNv&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=1cb82e46e3df5980a324848d34d31cf5&oe=5E56B1E1
    Shifu: You've done well.I think you can have these.
    Ena: I'm not hungry...
    Shifu: :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIR01nubpHg
    Here's some music to go with it.XD

74373060_408581670066091_9102650397473898496_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_oc=AQkmdRKLLwGrDQM-X4Y1UnL6iC_mRq6HdXb1S8qAXdFtujvPniQYmf1AcLShTLECMRSnp83ctsvGK1JvJ9Asc52u&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=08ead5e85aaea9770939f1a5eb0ab46a&oe=5E4EF468
    Shifu: Don't think about it :D
    Ena: I was just thinking about walking down to my dad's shop, for a break from stress.
    Shifu: I stress you?
    Ena: Yes...very much
    Shifu: Come with me.

73497970_408581650066093_7279626665121021952_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQmIAid-SPZmU5OGlwvJurd8i4oMcR8qK4BUUrKEcIW23yg84vOZGWC6Xptth-NLKZ8rr9KvUVE62e99C4iZmpYP&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=d8e12010294622efb077e507d3c423b3&oe=5E651B38
    Shifu: Sit..and meditate.It should help you relax.

74577930_408581660066092_9057554482111447040_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_oc=AQk6m7LLsN4cyrGU3spVAo8IJK0hU6WAzk9Dehkdzy3oa0Qu49HocrRAm-qvDW0wwvsVjk86jeKBrzBzoT8uXseV&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=7390ee8dd6796c218d64b1551713615b&oe=5E1D2353
    Ena: This is much better.
    Shifu: What are you doing?
    Ena: Going for a swim.
    Shifu: Ena...Focus.
    Ena: I am...on the water.

74940233_408581736732751_7419845415916273664_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_oc=AQlHVWtGDqLGZB1E40eHpuHAua_grIZoICFCOVmWHsy9HAF88H-ZzZBjJmWWtntkbq5JwlYad3MoET9lTP_ekVK_&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=e844d83e83f19ce5eccf8975d282ff94&oe=5E5C0F7C
    Shifu: You had your fun, let's go.
    Ena: Lighten up.

73190489_408581760066082_724204479074795520_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQlSQ4GooDDZIeiVbNhY_tuxBO65xMWWxn9g4ZUEvrXI92J1QFqpkKL-wlMVnEdA2jXhIicAoGGIJn_X9TVOLsFk&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=eb6a8b7914a4a15abd08b30f82cb8cfd&oe=5E547F71

75446640_408581750066083_5405170338621292544_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQlhH3CrChueYnDJ3-1AS2AwH5VW9g46KC054HBhsnYYheOZAzvrdhbyVW1XDdDvEDOhdGwjQgx6Isl34Hg1v_op&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=a443e62ffeed4a02d1be019a16a410b3&oe=5E654EEC
    :D

I had a terrible time getting Elouise to land in Sunlit Tides. Finally I had to open a version of the game with another sim I made today to do the job. She was already there. The game kept reserving the only empty house for some reason so after about 5 attempts there was still nowhere for Elouise to arrive to. No available house or lot in the entire world and yet I knew that one house was definitely empty. In the end I sent my new sim, Janice back to Sunlit Tides. The house was available for her. Then I moved her to the boarding school and turned the house into a Base Camp. Copied the .nhd and . package files for Sunlit Tides across to my experimental game that is a copy of the current save of Oscar's Childhood. Not game to experiment with the live version.

Then when Elouise finally arrived in Sunlit Tides she went straight to the base camp.

I did my census of Sunlit Tides. Two babies are missing. Both were 0 days old according to my spreadsheet so they probably weren't born yet as I had to get an older version of the nhd and package files to get Sunlit Tides to load at all.

In the end, after going through all worlds in this save I've found a few missing sims.
    Belinda Bombay, Julia Ericksen and Harry Genie all missing mermaids from Moonfall Island - not found in any other world so they are missing.

Joan Hendrix and Caroline Morton-Flynn are both baby girls, 0 days old, missing from Sunlit Tides. I'll probably give their parents instant babies to get the girls back into their households.

Morgan Inkbeard is missing from Barnacle Bay. I'll probably ignore this. At least I won't worry about him being missing for now.

Silver Craig is missing from Sunlit Tides/Moonfall Island. He/she is the silver plumbot I really want to retrieve. That'll be me going into a 2 or 3 year old save to save it to my library and place into the correct household in Moonfall Island.

As for the child living alone in Moonfall Island. I found the rest of his family, as expected, in Sunlit Tides. I'll move them all to Moonfall Island. The Plumbot, Silver, is part of that family.

It's getting late here now so I'll work on all of this tomorrow. At least I now seem to have it all sorted. We'll see how well the replacement of the two corrupt Sunlit Tides files works when I launch the game next. It works well in the copy of the actual game so it should be good.

That's it for me - I'm happy I now have a plan but not happy so many hours were wasted trying to get an empty spot in which to land in Sunlit Tides today. Lucky I found lots of other things to do while waiting for the travel to Sunlit Tides each time.

Happy Simming all.

• Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @emorrill

Great job finishing your story off.

@king_of_simcity7

Congrats to you

@coco

She and Jeffrey are the party couple at university lol, he always throws swim wear
    parties and their fraternity has no pool lol.

@GraceyManor

I love that susnetphoto.

• Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member

Heres an update been having so much fun with the university save the past few days.

[img][/img]6SqzPBt.jpg

[img][/img]ojMDIwU.jpg

[img][/img]iDShApZ.jpg

[img][/img]SREXBdQ.jpg

I love the photo booth and had to use it a few times.

[img][/img]iyprLVF.jpg

Ronnie Blackstone chatting to the mascot

[img][/img]SMHEdqp.jpg

class time

[img][/img]aKgUp04.jpg

From the dorm party at Pamela's,
    Kaz.

[img][/img]QnknB3y.jpg

Pamela sang karaoke with Eddy

[img][/img]L8KpQpY.jpg

Harold Assange

[img][/img]3lNvdBj.jpg

[img][/img]jbZTiIa.jpg

[img][/img]PHnHrDB.jpg

Jeffrey threw another party.

All for now

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Karritz Just want to clarify so that others don't think Nraas would cause sims to be lost. Nraas SP does not clean out active families or inactive families. It only cleans up homeless sims if you have mods set to clean up the homeless population. You can set in overwatch for it not to clean up homeless. If your game considered them homeless sims it is possible it cleaned them out. Nraas mods prevent the EA culling from happening.
    The move out scenario is only if a sim gets married or pregnant and the household is full and they need space for the new baby (which unless you manipulate the family with mods inactives can't have babies if the household is full) or the couple wants a home of their own. They will only move if you have an empty house and if you have the settings set so they can move. They don't move out of town. They only move within the town, unless you have another mod that I've not heard of in play that does that. That is not an option with the move scenario's in SP though.
    I cannot remember which is default settings, but, I have mine set so inactives townies or my own families that are inactive cannot move. When I get notice a family has had a marriage or is expecting a happy event, I can pop over to the household, check the house to be sure they have baby stuff and room and I will move out a married couple into an empty house in town if I want them to have more privacy or their own household. I have not lost a single family since playing with Nraas SP rather than EA's story progression. I can't explain what happened with yours but I know your ST 'big game' could easily glitch with all the playtime and travel it has had over the years. :(
    Good luck with finding them all.
    Glad you were able to play again and hope the musical was a rousing success.
    The mermaid house is a bit scary to me. :wink: I kinda think if a nor'easter came up that house would topple over like it was built with jenga blocks! This is the sims though and hopefully they don't have nor'easters! :smiley:

@GraceyManor She looks pretty hot in her formal outfit. I'm with Mikey :open_mouth:
    lol with her at the training dummy in the fancy outfit!
    Glad to see the training is working out so well.
    Learning to meditate! That is a beautiful scene.
    Yes, he needs to lighten up a bit. Wow...that was a great splash and a great screenshot of it! I'm impressed...but I see he is not. :grin:

@Silverofdreams30 I love that she is having fun with so many different guys!
    Beautiful sky in the pic with Harold.

Adam decided to cook dinner and played with the grill.
    48985523417_36389050a5_b.jpg
    edited October 2019
    @bekkasan thanks for the explanation. I suspect this game of mine is so big and been going for so long and has so many mods in it that anything is possible.

Those 3 sims vanished from the world. I had previously assumed my mods would only remove homeless sims. As far as I know that's all they've removed before. But I can't think of why those 3 would have vanished. And I was getting notifications of large numbers of sims being driven out of town so I wondered why and if the game had for some reason decided they were homeless.

(EDIT: I have had Sims just vanish but they are usually toddlers and if I catch it in time I can usually get them back by resetting the lot or the sim if I can grab them somehow. But it isn't just toddlers that have this happen to them. And it is not caused by a mod removing homeless sims - it just happens.)

As for the moving. It does happen in my game. I've never been worried about it but it's started to get a bit annoying because I have a large number of witches that have completed the Alchemy skill and gone on and done the opportunity that gives them the Philosopher's stone as a reward. Plus a lot of them have the group science project. I carefully put them into their new homes with all their special rewards and then find they've gone and moved to some little place with nothing in it and I have to go and look for their stuff that they've left behind in the house I placed them into.

I tend to leave my settings alone but when I found another of my witches had moved to a new place and lost all his items when I arrived in his world I thought I'd try setting it so they don't move as a household. I already had it set that they couldn't move as individuals. The problem is I don't know where he moved from. There are dozens of houses in the world and all but about 7 of them are empty. I am not going to go around the entire world to delete all the fridges. Nor am I going to go looking for his lost items. Actually two of the witches have moved in that world. I didn't work out where the other one had moved to but I don't think she had anything special to lose so it didn't bother me as much - except that now I don't know where she lives.

I have a lot of different worlds where sims are living and they are all moving around them as tourists. So I was hoping maybe the missing sims might have wandered off and got stuck in some other place. Christopher Steel did that in this game. He was invited, along with other family members, to attend a wedding in Sunlit Tides. Gradually all of the guests returned home of their own accord. Christopher decided he'd rather become a homeless sim in the world he visited for the wedding. When it became apparent he had no intention of going home I added him to the household in case he got driven out of town as an unwanted homeless sim. Later I checked to see if the version I'd grabbed was a doppelganger copy of him and that he was also back at home so I took another sim to visit that world and it turned out the only version of Christopher is the one that didn't return home after the wedding.

Unexpected things happen. I don't know what's causing it. I'm surprised I don't have more problems with them than I do. Mostly it all runs very smoothly. I just decided to sort things out now to get it all under control before it all turns to mush.

I have now managed to copy the 3 missing mermaids to my library. Now I'm chasing the missing PlumBot. I think the save it is in may be on my old computer that I can no longer turn on. I've currently got a sim traveling to the earliest version of the game in Legacy Island III that I have been able to find and it's number is around 430 or something similar and it was from after I started adding extra worlds to the game. This particular family was moved to Sunlit Tides but they are not there as that is the default world in the save I just opened. So I'm hoping that means they are still in their home in Legacy Island III and that the PlumBot is still living with them. I lost track of the plumbots ages ago. But, since I did this audit of my sims in the various worlds they mostly all seem to be where they should be. Just the shiny silver one is missing so I thought I'd have a go at finding it. If it isn't in this particular household when I finally get my traveling sim into it I'll probably forget about it. I will know soon enough. It's getting late here so I'll probably just save it to the library if I find it. Then add the appropriate sims to Moonfall Island and continue on with the game/story.

Thanks for the thoughts on the play. It has just begun. We've had only 2 performances so far with 7 to go. There are 3 more this weekend coming and then 4 on the following weekend and then it's over. So far it's been great. I've seen 3 reviews. Two were very positive. One not so positive but the things she didn't like were things that were beyond our control - such as the choice of music made by the person who wrote the musical - and the lighting in the theater. She also made mention of the age of a couple of the dancers. Lucky I wasn't dancing. It's community theater and the audiences are all having a great time and enjoying the show. Lots of laughs, cheers and applause plus positive comments after the show.

@Karritz , I love your upside-down house! It would be a perfect home for an eccentric Sim!
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited October 2019
    @Karritz If your sims became broke because they were not in a rabbithole career, had no computer and no easel, they lost their home, unless there was an empty cheaper home in town. In that case, they are fair game for the culling of the homeless. I usually get warning messages when sims are about to get broke, but that's easy to miss among all those messages.
    It's dawn in Glendonnach.
    1NiTAPH.jpg

Stewart wakes up and goes to check on little Thomas, who is sleeping next to his doll Jelly Bean.
    kB5Ry9d.jpg

Tamsin walks downstairs and reacts to smelly leftovers on the dining table.
    tVCbHFr.jpg

She then fills the bowls of their two pets, Jasper the Border Collie and Winter the Scottish Fold kitten.
    AESG5Ta.jpg

Stewart gives Thomas his breakfast.
    l4yMYMf.jpg

RbvfM0G.jpg

Jasper and Winter have their breakfast too.
    vTc66wv.jpg

1xKq9Fd.jpg

I was surprised when I saw Tamsin taking Thomas to work, then I remembered she actually did this during my last playing session too!
    saaIFpU.jpg

I was planning for Stewart to travel to France anyway, so this way there was no need for a babysitter.

Stewart is halfway to his second Visa point. I would like the family to have a holiday home in France by the time Thomas becomes a child.
    He arrives at the base camp, and immediately heads for the nectary. His current adventure is to create three bottles of at least very nice quality nectar.
    1mwplSF.jpg

Ignoring the rain and sleet, he picks some grapes and makes a batch of nectar. It's only nice quality, but maybe the next batch will be better!

5YhrJxl.jpg

J4CJVSa.jpg

@Silverofdreams30 , I love the photo booth photos!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top