Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited July 2019
    @Emily4331 I used AIPortraits on Keanu! :D Thanks for the link :)
    45541402872_a41be96268_o.jpg
    48352446127_8463b12608_o.jpg
    Post edited by Mikezumi on
  • jonny522jonny522 Posts: 179 Member
    ryLLjQo.jpg
    Alex goes to visit Don's grave. Farewell.
    er7sQsr.jpg
    But at least something appears in the newspaper which in the end made that whole campaign worthwhile. "China declares Pirate threat to be gone, 3 leaders captured while entering Chinese waters""The world and the world council were surprised by 2 events, the East Asia Pirates were declared to be officially destroyed, with no further threat from them, and China declared that it had captured 3 leaders of the pirates, who will later stand trial for crimes against Humanity. No one is quite sure how either event occurred, and China denies any aggressive action on their part. The world council is similarly stunned, but since the threat has since passed there's no reason to debate it any longer. One thing is certain, if this is the full story it's a very confusing one." And that's something to be proud of by Baxter. They saved thousands of lives and ended a major pirate organization.
    lqBnrfa.jpg
    xDhY8Hw.jpg
    AbtGxGp.jpg
    OEVDmot.jpg
    R4KjIZv.jpg
    ldIBEdi.jpg
    vQZ3Ko3.jpg
    A date with Lindsey with a camp out and a visit to the beach.
    nThdO1X.jpg
    They both get a bit sunburned so a nice bubble bath should soothe that. Hey they just wanted to conserve water that's all, no other reason. :blush:
    wjbgYhx.jpg
    Alex returns to work. There's a small plaque being made to the 12 LAR soldiers who lost their lives during the campaign, as well as a mention to the bravery of the local warriors, who a total of 227 died during the entire campaign against the pirates. Eventually another soldier will come in to replace Don, but anyways life continues as normal(or as normal as it can be for the special forces).
    ZgZYeRK.jpg
    4ZOgHgd.jpg
    Qmes1Wm.jpg
    gQZPGRh.jpg
    Leisure day has come, just a normal bit of leisuring around for them.
    78d5nu5.jpg
    During the fireworks a small accident occurred, no issue Alex handled it.
    krBUliq.jpg
    EY9CrrJ.jpg
    The other fireworks continue off without a hitch.
    G4N8jW7.jpg
    Alex and Lindsey end the day together, she's missed him, but that doesn't matter, all that matters is he's now home and hers again.
  • AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    edited July 2019
    @Mikezumi awww, that's one of the reasons I brought Shari and Ammon into my actual story, so they can watch the behbehs <3<3<3

As for me, because I obsess, and because for some reason the lot I created previously was having some issues, I decided to try and make the wagons look more like traditional Romani wagons, with the curved roofs, this is what I've spent the last day doing, and the two before it failing to do :lol: Thanks to @soocoolsim for giving me the pointers that finally solved the riddle for me!

This is the twins wagon, slightly remodeled to accommodate an end entrance instead of a side one. Curious what people's opinions are of the awnings - Curved, straight, or no awning? Oh and please forgive the grid marks.

1YBkT5M.jpg
    imgkHy6R8v.jpg

• cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    Hi friends :smile:

Sorry I've been away. I think last time I mentioned that I was injured from a netball game. I got a long nasty gash on my arm and had to go to hospital but it wasn't anything serious. For a while my wrist was very sensitive and hurt to bend it and hold things, so typing was really hard for me. It's getting better each day and I feel like I can type comfortably now. It took me a couple extra days to finally catch up on the 200+ posts that I missed and I really enjoyed reading everyone's new updates and stories. There is just so much to mention but I don't want to leave anyone out so I will write this page of comments tomorrow.

While I wasn't here I actually got a lot of game time in. I probably went overboard taking pictures and now I'm daunting all the extra writing that I will have to do :sweat_smile:

I really want to try out that AIPortrait website but will wait until I have access to my pictures :smiley:
    @coco I am so glad you are feeling better! *hugs* Don't worry about commenting on what you missed. Just get completely better and enjoy your renewed manual dexterity to play your game! :)
    @AbellaKellaher I vote for the curved awnings, it looks really cute! I loooooved the look of your Monte Vista family. The Drifter's Desire set fits in so well with the trailers and wagons. It's always been an interesting set but I've never found a use for it in my modern style play. I love the colours :smile:
    @coco !! :cry: I'm so sorry you got hurt!! I'm so glad you're ok!! <3<3

Do you have a voice to text option on your cell? You could always save the pics as a draft on your machine and then voice to text the typing bit so it's easier on you

Get better soon! xoxoxo!
    @Mikezumi Thanks *hugs* it's good to be back. It would take me forever to comment on all the pages that I missed haha. I have to admit I am curious about how Sunshine turned out. It must have been incredibly frustrating watching her breaking all of your appliances. But finally you are getting more non-pudding toddlers and children turning up :smile:
    You make such a good model! :tongue:
    @AbellaKellaher That's an interesting idea I hadn't thought of that before. I prefer to go on the forums with my pc. I have two screens set up so one is for commenting while the other I can see the pictures. As you can see I am already typing a lot so I think I'll be 100% by the end of the week. I once tried typing out comments using my phone and it took twice as long due to the auto correct stuffing me up :lol:
    @coco I can't type anything on my phone, though I do always give it the ol' gal try, so I hear you there, but mostly because I have old lady eyes and can't see the itty bitty letters :lol:
    @coco I could never type up comments on my phone (or my iPad either)! I type like a champ because I worked in an office for 25 years before my son was born and a computer keyboard is more my style! I actually learned how to type on a manual! :o
    It's so good having actual townie toddlers and kids coming now. I treated the pudding kids well but would have preferred them not to be there.
    Sunshine was a royal pain in the butt! I was so relieved she grew up but she was replaced immediately with another Problem Child. Fortunately this one can't walk through walls so is easier to keep tabs on! :D
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,116 Member
    Hey everyone.

Just popping on here to warn those of you who are looking for medieval CC for when you play in an awesome world like Praaven ;) Do NOT add any of the TSM conversions listed on this list as they are corrupt CC (they don't function well and gave my game little glitches that were just plain annoying! :confounded: )

It's unfortunate because these item conversions are stunning! I am sad to see them go from my game, but take it from me...they are bad news in the CC department. :(

I think the ONE and ONLY thing that works on that list is the chamber pot, but even then I think there's a better one that comes from the list of CC when you download Praaven.

*If by chance those of you who might have that CC in your game ( @ZhakiraP @GraceyManor @Silverofdreams30 ) and they work just fine for you...then perhaps I have something else in my mods folder that's corrupt :disappointed: , but I'm thinking no because I gotta tell ya every glitch had pointed towards the CC items on that list, and the way my sims would bork out when using the items confirmed to me that they are bad CC...
    Plus whenever I removed one of those items, they were not replaced with proxies (you usually get that message when you load the game up again after removing CC) they would just...disappear. I dunno if that's a red flag that they aren't good "clones" of CC when they aren't replaced with proxies. :confused:
    My game is certainly running better and smoother without those CC items as well. :star:
    I'd love to hear from you three if you have had any experience with the mods on that list in your game.

Anyway, just wanted to give out a friendly warning to y'all. <3

Keep Calm and Sim On!

:mrgreen:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    @emorrill blehg, hope it didn't cause you too many problems before you got them out!
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited July 2019
    I’m Not the best to ask if the cc works as I have so much cc installed in my extra folder I dont know what works or what don’t but atm I have praaven removed from my game along with all medieval cc.
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @Mikezumi , stunning portraits of Keanu, Spike and your Simself! Keanu looks the least like himself, but the most like a renaissance portrait! @Emily4331 , your sim's portrait is lovely too, apart from the sunglasses! But as you said, a Renaissance painter wouldn't know what they are anyway! :smiley:
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I tried AIportrait on Tamsin:

C1u5Bwp.jpg
  • sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 546 Member
    Ok all theses portraits are awesome! I’ll have to try some of my Sims when I’m at my PC next. I still haven’t had luck traveling to China without crashing bleeeeh. I may just move on at this point. ( I say that now but I’m determined and stubborn and will probably be trying it again tomorrow :D)

@AbellaKellaher those curved roofs look great! I admire your determination. I’m so impatient in TS3 build mode.

@jonny522 How’d you even get two Sims in the tub? Nice update.

@coco I hope you keep getting better! Don’t type too much! :)
    @coco Did you do Sun? I saw a portrait as I was scrolling through that looked very much like her! :D

@mikezumi Ok you caught me :lol: I couldn't resist taking a peek at some older pictures I had saved on postimages.
    These are the only ones I have been able to do since it keeps complaining about there being too much visitor traffic.

Kara
    Kara.png

Kerry
    Kerry.png

Sun + Saville's squished head in the corner :lol:
    Sun.png
    @coco Yep! That's the one of Sun I saw! When it comes to faces, I am on the ball! ;)
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Mikezumi Thanks for the comments and feedback :smile: Nice painting and cute toddlers :smile: Congratulations to Keanu on the scholarship :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top