Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• cocococo Posts: 2,722 Member
    edited July 2019
    @Silverofdreams30 Happy Birthday M! I hope you have a wonderful day with family, friends and sims :heart:
    Enjoy my drawing :tongue:
    TS3-W-2019-06-11-18-23-00-95-2.png

~

The last time I properly got to play my sims was back in November, and I've almost finished catching up writing for my pictures so I'm starting to allow myself to play again. Now that Ho, Hui, Julong and Meifeng are living in Appaloosa Plains they need a proper house. I ended up choosing a house that was close by Sun and Saville's. I don't like playing in big houses but they are good for parties. I kept the layout of the house pretty much the same but just changed furniture etc. because I didn't want to spend too long on it. I made over all the rooms but the rest aren't as interesting. As usual I used way too many plants :lol:

Before.
    TS3-W-2019-07-05-18-52-03-36.png

After.
    TS3-W-2019-07-05-23-49-53-85.png
    TS3-W-2019-07-05-23-45-57-13.png
    TS3-W-2019-07-05-23-45-24-33.png
    TS3-W-2019-07-05-23-47-25-92.png
    TS3-W-2019-07-05-23-47-46-24.png
    TS3-W-2019-07-05-23-48-34-38.png

Then I had to age up Julong because it didn't make sense for him to still be a child. For a sim born to premades he actually didn't turn out too bad, I'm surprised. I think he looks kind of cute.
    TS3-W-2019-07-05-23-54-49-83.png
    TS3-W-2019-07-06-00-35-05-14.png
    TS3-W-2019-07-06-00-35-18-36.png

Now I have to get off the computer because it's 1.30am :grimace::sleepy:
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,745 Member
    edited July 2019
    @Silverofdreams30 Happy Birthday!

giphy.gif

--- x --- x ---

Speaking of birthdays, this time I managed to do what I had promised @coco

48206217482_355bc6b01e_b.jpg

48206166871_3d23e511f1_b.jpg

I invited several simselves, but some of them aren't in the photos.

48206170666_3f467c4406_b.jpg

48206225907_ec8c4ac11d_b.jpg

@PalmArrow is pregnant again, but @emorrill's SS hasn't had a baby. :-O Maybe in another world.

48206172021_4c4c9530d9_b.jpg

Clover was about to give Kyla a birthday gift when the venue closed. She'll try again the following day. I'll take a nap now.

EDIT: I added Story Progression Relationships to spice things up and Kyla has split up with Adam! :-O
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @coco , that's such a beautiful house, both the interior and the exterior! Unlike you, I never remember to use enough plants! :) Julong is a cute teen!

@thuggishsplicer , I love parties for simselves! :smiley: Congratulations to my simself on her second pregnancy!

@Silverofdreams30 , happy birthday! :smiley:

@Karritz , I remember you have posted pictures from Cake Island before, and it always looks beautiful!

@bekkasan , Wisteria is so beautiful! I love the close-ups of the flowers too, they really look like a magical garden!
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    Will give proper feedback and thanks tomorrow but
    Thanks for the greetings, the day is over here soon.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @Steamvarius -I've been stuck with internet crashes and a few health issues.Great pictures!I've had saves get corrupted before when the game sent social workers to take children away from my actie family or inactives.It was Malcolm Landgraab taken the first time and it caused my family trees to get filled with pets,vehicles and household objects.It made career assignments get glitched so my toddler was in law enforcement while his child aged sister was in military after Claire Ursine died and her baby was taken.I got the worst corruption after my family's baby was taken and interactions got gltiched.It was also the save ending with a UI failure and it wouldn't open after that failed load.
    @Mikezumi -Great updates!I'll place wedding arches at community lots.Grumpo is almost like what my orange tabby guy was called by Misti's babies who called him Grumpa.I used to call him Pig because it was the short form of his official name.I only called him Fred when he did naughty things like scattering garbage all over the yard or our kitchen.
    @GraceyManor -Great pictures!
    @PalmArrow -I'll have to deal with new generations taking over in my towns.
    @ZhakiraP -Great pictures!Horses will work great in my custom world Logan.
    @bekkasan -Great updates!
    @Karritz -I've had three saves corrupted by deleted sims because the social workers took children away in each of them.I'd have my computer with me if I ever went on vacation or got to travel on a home search.Great update!
    @CK213 -Great pictures!
    @coco -I hope you've been enjoying your game.Great pictures!
    @ItsJanier -I've been having internet issues and have to get my apocalypse challenge into summer.
    @emorrill -I ended up getting sick and internet was acting up a lot.
    @Silverofdeams30 -Happy Birthday!
    @thuggishsplicer -Great update!
    @DeafSimmer -I have my 2012 laptop still running a very heavily Modded game with the full collection installed.I have games in larger worlds like Evermore Falls and get no lag.

Logan,Utah-Under Construction.
    Here's edited versions of the fire alarm and burglar alarm both flagged to not require wall placement in the game.
    40122604043_2b455c2afe_c.jpg
    Fire alarm was placed.
    46173855905_f8be6a0901_c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I hope it was well celebrated in whatever way you think best for this one day.

Here is one of my Sims celebrating his birthday in his own simly fashion. Just standing there in front of his cake and thinking about something.

Javons-Birthday001.jpg
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    Hey guys sorry for the lack of feedback, I recently got obsessed with dragon age origins again.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    The family enjoyed waffles for breakfast :)
    48148043592_076326b31c_o.jpg
    Keanu finished his painting. I have seen this one many times but I always look forward to seeing it again because it is so cute :)
    48148043367_a10b4b19ab_o.jpg
    Mikezumi woke with a wish to grow a potato plant.
    48148043072_bd564186ef_o.jpg
    She helped Shannon with the gardening after planting her seed.
    48148042802_80cc7ac913_o.jpg
    Keanu's waking wish was to paint.
    48148042597_61cde01c39_o.jpg
    Post-gardening loving ;)
    48148042447_288ea83dbd_o.jpg
    Shannon checked the mail and, although there was a parcel, it was empty :|
    48147955726_25fb492e23_o.jpg
    Mikezumi read while waiting to start her work day.
    48147955556_0e4b63a740_o.jpg
    Shannon's waking wish was to catch a record sized fish.
    48148041647_4e5d98426a_o.jpg
    Once again, only Reynaldo came.
    48148041457_a494048092_o.jpg
    After Reynaldo's needs were taken care of, Mikezumi took a break :)
    48148041297_f77f451927_o.jpg
    Page 3564

@Silverofdreams30 I'm glad that playing offline made your game run better :)
    Gareth's home is looking good!
    At least Gareth looked good while waiting for you to Porter in more sims :D

@CravenLestat Randy Savage looks great!

@GraceyManor I don't think the dress is too revealing at all!
    I don't blame Arthur for not believing Sabrina and Merlin because it would seem unlikely that someone from his life would be king.
    LOL A guppy isn't a very impressive catch ;)
    Looks like Arthur and Sabrina might be starting to feel something for each other! I hope they didn't do anything untoward in a Church! ;)
    Congrats on three years with your bf :)

@emorrill Thanks for the lovely comments :)
    I also hate watermelon and I don't really care for eggs either so I guess Eggs Machiavellian is off the table for me! :D
    There are a few ghosts in the town. I know there are playable ghosts in a few of the worlds.
    TS2 had some really lovely animations that I would love to have in TS3 but there's so much about TS3 that I love that I got over it pretty quick.

@imdragonit Skinny dipping in the graveyard is something my sims would do and definitely appropriate for the ghostbusters! :D
    Mikezumi finished off teaching Reynaldo how to walk.
    48147954661_b4ec965ab7_o.jpg
    48148040967_3e9a2c1f92_o.jpg
    Keanu had a field trip to the Science Lab. Samuel Goth was chaperone and River also went :)
    48147954381_a9e0c2c0ce_o.jpg
    Mikezumi asked Shannon about his day when he returned from fishing :)
    48147954231_7af3742fed_o.jpg
    With only one toddler to care for, they even had time for some flirting :)
    48147953961_05bf1c1d66_o.jpg
    Reynaldo needed a diaper change and a bottle.
    48148040122_d0bde663b5_o.jpg
    Keanu did his homework when he got home from the field trip.
    48148039997_0728d6df5b_o.jpg
    Mikezumi had collected about 5 gems earlier in the day and Shannon was churning out more!
    48148039827_e30391d92e_o.jpg
    Keanu needed some socializing because of the field trip. Mikezumi was happy to oblige :D
    48147953181_4ba0867a46_o.jpg
    Shannon interrupted Keanu's painting for a chat :)
    48147953076_410d8f4d8f_o.jpg
    To keep them out of Mikezumi's way, I had Shannon train Keanu in MA :)
    48147952806_2d230070b1_o.jpg
    Page 3565

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks for the nice comments :) Mikezumi just reached the top of the career so I might start getting more kids now!
    More lovely posed shots of Gareth :)

@ZhakiraP I was just about to leave comments for your Ultimate Sim update and remembered I already did it in your thread :D

@afai1261 Congrats on buying Ambitions and Generations :) They both add a lot to the game!
    Jules looks good as a female!
    Saoirse looks lovely :)
    Oh my! Max turned into a monster! :scream::D
    Saoirse looks really cute on the motorbike!
    They make a lovely couple and congrats on the pregnancy :)

@GraceyManor Oh! Arthur knows Morgana's name! Does he know he's related?
    It's great that he stood up to Morgana to see Sabrina but also worrying given the type of person Morgana is.
    I hope going to the lantern festival doesn't muck up the past!
    Sassy is a cute cat!
    Happy birthday Justin! He looks cute as a toddler :)

@Brandontaylor It's great that you are playing even if you don't have everything you had before!
    I hope Christopher does well in the military career. I have never liked that one!
    Nice start on your new save with Christopher and Blair :) I hope it continues to run well for you :)

@PalmArrow Congrats on the birth of Thomas :)
    Awww at Jasper's reaction to Thomas :)

@Rhiannon58 Congrats on your first gift giving party! Glad it was a success :)
    Congrats also to Bryce on achieving his LTW and for living long enough to do so :) Sorry about his passing :(
    Good luck to the teen with his potential love interest :)

@CravenLestat Misty looks lovely :)

@ItsJanier Congrats on getting TS3 to work again :)
    I hope you have fun with the Langeraks :)
    Darwin and Virginia arrived late again. Mikezumi told Darwin to do his homework.
    48147952431_727cceecde_o.jpg
    When Mikezumi went outside to help Virginia with her homework, I saw that Jeffrey had also arrived.
    48147952166_8f109cf391_o.jpg
    The family enjoyed Porcini Risotto for dinner :) I noticed that Keanu had got his first skill point in MA :) I also noticed that both Keanu and Shannon were animated over dinner. The training must have knocked something loose!
    48148038362_55a0755074_o.jpg
    Shannon and Mikezumi watched the stars after dinner :)
    48148038077_134ae0d02b_o.jpg
    Keanu had a wish to spar with someone. I think he's going to regret that wish! :D
    48148037897_55233f5979_o.jpg
    That doesn't look good! :o:D
    48148037677_260209a79f_o.jpg
    48147951016_750887cb1d_o.jpg
    Run, Keanu! :D:D
    48148037152_408bd1bfa6_o.jpg
    48148036792_0aedefeecd_o.jpg
    Shannon landed the deciding blow!
    48148036622_d948f1e4e3_o.jpg
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Karritz Kinda hard to haul the big puter for just a few weeks. :smiley: I would miss my game for sure though.
    I hope you enjoy the story. It is one of my favorites that I've done. I love the occults, so many possibilities with them and their stories and I am borrowing from one author that I follow with the 'soulmate' thing that ties them together.
    I'm sure the pups will remember you and greet you happily. I've always heard how intelligent dogs are, but, I've always been more of a cat person.
    Great pics of the island and yours sims. Such pretty colors!
    The first time I did that lifetime wish for all the fish I learned not to put them into the fish bowls until you had them all as they start dying on ya!
    Love the rainbow! I think I miss not seeing the rainbows as much as anything else with not having seasons installed.

@coco I don't believe you can use too many plants! They make the houses and yards so pretty. I love how you do the little areas. I want to snuggle in the lounge chair with a good book and some lemonade.
    I love how you mix your EA stuff with your cc stuff. You are so good at blending it to make it look beautiful together.
    Julong is a very handsome teen!

@PalmArrow Thanks so much for the comments. :smiley:

@thuggishsplicer Cute pics of the sims. She looks like she is gonna give birth pretty soon. Maybe she should sit down instead of dancing!

@TadOlson Thanks, appreciate the comment.

@Mikezumi I do like the cute kitty picture!
    I love watching the beginning MA's students slap at the training dummy. It always gets me a giggle.
    Yeah, I think Keanu should run too!
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,764 Member

Page 3568

@Mikezumi Glad to see Keanu got a friend.
    Wow, didn't know that either. I hardly ever used the whack a gnome as I forgot about it.
    Nice to see Bianca had a child.
    Looking forward to seeing what Keanu gets up to as a teen.
    Looks like a lot of guests showed up.
    Happy birthday, Keanu!
    Glad to see Keanu and River got hearts for each other. Wasn't River Phoenix the brother of Joaquin Phoenix? I'm not too familiar with River so I can't remember but I thought I read that somewhere.

@king_of_simcity7 Great story update!
    Great job on the story locations!

@Silverofdreams30 Agnes looks nice.
    Lol, Donal looks mad. Maybe he thinks Gareth is being lazy or maybe that was his chair.

@ZhakiraP Great Praveen update! I like the looks of that world, too bad my current computer can't play the game very well, otherwise I'd definitely get it.
    Lol, that's true.

@Sigzy05 Lol, sometimes dogs get messed up like that.

***Well, I didn't get feedback done like I hoped last night. I got stuck playing DC Universe Online, beating up Brainiac's drones and gorilla's, lol. Anyway, going to try and get at least caught up to page 3570.
    edited July 2019
    @coco your sim Julong is gorgeous. Very eye catching. I'm sad you haven't had time to play properly for a while but happy you're able to do it now. Life is like that sometimes. I'm trying to get a few videos done so I can go away for a couple of weeks without doing any. When I get back I think my Sims videos will be a lot rarer but I'll still try to keep doing them. Hoping I've got enough loaded for the moment to keep people happy for a while.

About your house. It looks great. Love the decor. If I move my sims into an existing house, I give it a quick makeover and then find a way of adding a basement that I will decorate as the game goes along. Most houses don't have enough room for me to add a party room that's big enough for me to get good screen shots or videos from. I don't have the patience to just go from scratch and make a beautiful house completely finished. I just decorate bits of it and the rest happens as the game progresses. I go by what my sims seem to need and this, of course, depends on what I decide I want to do with them and I never plan a game to the point that I know exactly what I want to have happen throughout the game.

Happy Simming

@PalmArrow thank you. I do enjoy playing in Cake Island. It is so different from reality it's just fun. And I still keep finding little places in it that I didn't remember seeing before. Just the other day I found the tiniest fishing hole just behind a small building I'd never looked at before. It is just a large, shallow puddle with a fish spawner in it. I think I might send a sim there to fish at some stage.

@TadOlson thanks for the comment. Unfortunately, I haven't used my laptop for over 2 years now and it is a bit heavy for me to manage on a plane as it's a gaming laptop. And my computer is so huge there is no possibility I'd consider taking it anywhere with me. I wouldn't want to risk it being damaged and it is much too big for me to handle on my own. And I won't need it. I'm only going to be gone for 2 weeks. There has to be more to life than computing. I'll have to get some exercise and do some exploring and take some photos. I'm going to a place that is an international tourist destination and I'll be staying there for 2 weeks for free. I used to live there years ago and I'll enjoy exploring it again.

@bekkasan thank you. When I got this new computer it has a huge case. I knew it would be big but this is massive. It is supposed to be great for cooling. It'd take up most of the space in the back of my car. I'll be flying up north so the computer will be staying put. I'll only be gone for a bit over 2 weeks. I think I'll have use of a laptop while I'm up there. It has Sims 3 on it but only the base game. I think I'll leave that version alone and learn Inkscape instead. It's a free graphics program that has come a long way since I first looked at it over 5 years ago.

I have always had cats but the dogs are nice. When the two tiny dogs arrived at my place it took me about a year to take them seriously. They look like stuffed toys, but the moved and needed to eat and do other things. Especially get cuddled and talked to and walked.

I hope you get a new computer that will let you run seasons soon. The new job seems to be working out great for you. Chesterbigbird ought to be able to help you with what computer you need for a good price.

I think it is the pretty colours that attract me to the Cake Island world - and also it is such a fantasy place. It is basically all white, as if it is a cake covered with white icing, and then decorated with other chocolate chips and peppermint cream and strawberry and chocolate cream too. In my videos of Oscar's Childhood, I have Oscar in the boarding school now and it is in Chocolate Cake Island. It is just like Cake Island, but where Cake Island is white, Chocolate Cake Island is brown - just like chocolate icing.

It was a really dull day when that rainbow appeared. It was really bright looking down from above, but when I got down to ground level to get the picture it was very subtle, but I still liked it.

The 'soulmate' thing sounds like a great idea. I'll probably be reading on my tablet when I get up north. At the moment I'm trying to get my art work all fixed up and things keep changing on that site and it's just about hopeless trying to keep up with it so I think I've just about given up and am now just doing what I can when I can get it done.

@Mikezumi thank you for your comments. I'm feeling much better now - better than I've felt for years - but - I'm so shocked by my lack of fitness. I have to take it very carefully not to try to walk too far as I have to get home again. Last walk was less than half the distance I walked the dogs when they were here, and when I got home it took me about 5 minutes to get my breath back. I've never had that happen before. So I'm taking it very slowly for now. I'm sure I'll recover eventually.
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,764 Member

Page 3569

@Mikezumi I swear that guests will stay forever if you let them, lol
    Sounds like Mikezumi got a short weekend.
    Some things seem to have to much brightness to them.

@GraceyManor That was pretty smooth of Arthur, it got Sabrina relaxed.
    Hope Arthur saves her from Morgana.
    Wow, Merlin sure is goofy.

@DeafSimmer Great update!

@KNORear Great update!

@emorrill Nice to see a bit of your MLP save again.

@CravenLestat Great job on the house!

@ZhakiraP Awesome update from Praveen!
    Nice family photo's, as well.

@Silverofdreams30 Nice to see a bit of your Praveen save.

***Actually, I'll probably have to get caught up tomorrow, my internet has been acting up and some pictures aren't loading at the moment.
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,745 Member
    @PalmArrow @bekkasan Luckily I didn't have children music played. Palm had a baby girl a few game hours later. Since her first son is Ezekiel, I named the girl, Ariel.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Brandontaylor Thanks for the feedback :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I was so delighted to open Aroundthesims3 this morning and find that she has converted (among other things) the Island Living outrigger canoe for the Sims 3! It's such a beautiful object, and I can't wait to see it in Sunlit Tides!
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    I was so delighted to open Aroundthesims3 this morning and find that she has converted (among other things) the Island Living outrigger canoe for the Sims 3! It's such a beautiful object, and I can't wait to see it in Sunlit Tides!

Thank you for sharing the link. I try to avoid that site. Managed to restrict myself to that one page though. The things you find there are just so good and I can't fit any more of it in my game.
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    Feedback/Replies

@Karritz

Thank you, it was a nice day.
    I love the first screenshot
    it is so pretty.

@coco

Thank you had a nice day with family and friends :)
    Love the photo,
    Oh, that house looks neat in which world do you play?
    Julong is a cute child. and as a teen I think the other two photos are very handsome.

@bekkasan

Love seeing your Ballan updates again.
    Thank you for your wishes, it was a nice day.

@thuggishsplicer

Thank you, that looks like a neat and fun
    party with a lot of the simselfs.

@PalmArrow

Thank you, I enjoyed the update a lot.
    I hope they have a great time with their kid.
    I want to buy the new DLC for Sims 4 cause it looks like fun, I did skip Strangerville though.
    Great looking sims.

@Mikezumi

Thank you it was a nice day with some gifts and lots of birthday greetings
    by text and social media.
    Nice to see the daycare career with older kids.

@Brandontaylor

Thank you, hope you had a great 4th of July.

@GraceyManor

Dragon age origins are the best,
    so it is understandable to be obsessed with it lol.
    Great updates.

@meerkattime

Thank you

@Steamvarius

Thank you

@TadOlson

Thank you

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Gosh it was quiet overnight! :smiley:

@Karritz I laughed at your description of the dogs when they first arrived. I've thought recently about going ahead and getting another pet and of course my first thought is a cat. Then I thought maybe something different like a dog to take walks with would be good for me to get me out. We do have one of those pet parks where people gather to let their dogs have play time with other dogs (seen pics in the paper). Dogs are not as independent as cats though and with me gone most of the day am not sure about that. I'm still in the thinking stage though. I've been looking carefully at dogs as I go in peoples homes and I know what I don't want.....one of those yip yap noisy ankle biters! LOL I also don't want a big dog although my best friend in high school had a german shepherd that was the most beautiful dog and so sweet and thought he was a lap dog.
    Take your time with the recovery and you will get back to where you were before. :smiley:

@thuggishsplicer awww.....that is a pretty name. Congrats!

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks, glad you enjoyed the updates and had a good day with family and friends.
    I've been doing lots of things today - including playing my 30 Grandchildren save. I opened it up and had a look at that fishing spot the family fish at occasionally, the one near the waterfall. I found someone sitting on the ground with his laptop.

Tony-Mc-Lean001.jpg

It is Tony McLean. He is the father of the 15 children, the main characters of this story. We meet him in Episode 9 and 10. He's popping up around them more often I've noticed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top