Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited January 2019
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @Brandontaylor Thanks
    Congrats on the new baby. We love Jimmy Dean sausage in our house. :)

@bekkasan, I've heard great things about that brand, but the only places in Canada that get Jimmy Dean are food services. They don't sell them in the Walmart Supercenters up here. Evidently Walmart Canada sources from Canadian beef and pork dealers. And they tend to sell Maple Leaf sausage; at least when @Featherbelle and I go there.

A little history on Walmart Canada - they rebranded from Woolco Canada after striking a deal with Walmart (in the US) in 1994. They were a major success in Canada (mainly because of lower competitive prices) They brought up the Supercenter concept to Canada in 2005. In fact, the success of Walmart in Canada enticed Target across the border for an ill-fated attempt at trying to gain a slice of the Canadian department store market.

We're still waiting for Sonic though. :D I hear their shakes are awesome. :mrgreen: Though of course, Chick-Fil-A will be opening in Toronto in 2019. Oh, and In-N-Out Burger lives up to its name in Canada of course opening pop-up locations "in n'out" periodically in places like Toronto and Vancouver. For heaven's sakes, In-N-Out!: Quit teasing us and open a permanent location in Toronto and Vancouver, already! I have yet to try an In n' Out burger, (though I've had Fatburger and Carl's Jr. (They opened up permanently in Canada)), because they're like the elusive Sasquatch - you have to hunt 'em down and they're hard to track because by the time I hear about the fact that one of their locations popped up for a 24 hr period, they're gone again. :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I have looked on my studio and cannot find any older pictures from inside the theatre. I will have to look through backup folders but while I was there I found some pictures that I had thought I had lost.

I also found these which was a rare bug from a few years back!

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 , LOL! I think I remember seeing that particular bug before. It's so funny!
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Day 2 on TSR. :cold_sweat: My hard-drive is going to soooo hate me.
    Day2_TSR.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    @PalmArrow I have only ever seen it that one time. Got some good responses on the old TS3 forums lol
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 , I just saw your post explaining that you manipulated the terrain to get the slanted floor in your theatre. That's so impressive!
    Reading further back... hey, I know who Mr Posh is! :smiley:
    You mentioned that you had to direct your sims to talk to each other to keep them seated. Aroundthesims3 has a series of objects called "attention catchers" exactly for this purpose, to take screenshots of sims sitting and watching/listening. They look like an ordinary object like a plant, book or microphone, but function as a TV.
    https://aroundthesims3.com/objects/function_electronics_misc_04.shtml

@thuggishsplicer , congratulations on the wedding! I love to use the waterfall lot for weddings too. And I love this picture:
    46818446921_6867928935_c.jpg

@Nikkei_Simmer , I never took a closer look at the raccoons. Your series of photos of the raccoon knocking over the garbage is a real Sim wildlife documentary!
  • Options
    @PalmArrow I would have to check out that mod. Mr Posh is the one who is very posh, the only one left from that type lol
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    SummerskydreamerSummerskydreamer Posts: 1,681 Member
    edited January 2019
    Everyone's pics an infro are great i know i tried to put my mansion pics up once on here will try again.

Front of my mansion has 21 bedrooms a green house with four car garage front
    FsFV5h5.jpg?1

Gazebo
    uk0b6SN.jpg

Back of the mansion with stable patio an pasture.
    6iVyPOj.jpg

Right side of the Mansion with seating area for those warm spring an Summer evenings.
    X7slgxJ.jpg

Left side of Mansion with gate to the pasture.
    t5y5DI4.jpg

• Options
    MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @bekkasan It was definitely water. There had been a sprinkler there that I moved because it was still running.

@thuggishsplicer Sometimes stray animals will die on one of my Sims' properties, so when the ghost appears I go into CAS and give it a proper name and some traits, and usually age it down. That's why the cat's eyes were glowing.
    ****I'm gonna show my age here, but I remember when Carmen Sandiego was kids game show on PBS (I think that was the network).

@Karritz Great pics.

@Mikezumi Glad you were able to get things sorted out.
    ****Cute li'l baby chickens.
    ****Your Sims really like that photo booth.

@king_of_simcity7 Thanks. It has glowy demon eyes because it's a ghost, and the eyes didn't show properly.
    ****I've had a few cars decide they want to go inside over the years.

@Nikkei_Simmer And I thought I was using too much CC when I needed to upgrade to a 128 GB flash drive.

@Springfairy556 I could give you a download of my Rec Center, but it's not exclusively a spa/sauna. Other than that, I have no clue.
    ****Kitty's actually a ghost. For some reason, the eyes don't rend properly in CAS.

@coco I keep forgetting she's Australian because her American accent is so good. I think I read somewhere that they're splitting the next book over Season 2 and 3, but it could have just been wishful thinking on a fan's part. The books are in my pile of to-reads, though the first one moved up the line a little.
    ****Thanks. I found it in the baby names app I use sometimes.

@Brandontaylor My first thought was the 50s actor. I didn't know the sausage guy was also a country singer.

@LunBeauty Kitty wants your soul.

@Shadow_Assassin Great pics.

@TadOlson Great update. My Sims usually end up wanting to build snowman armies to set upon their enemies.

@Hejix Kitty just wants to be loved.

@Summerskydreamer Must. Have Lot. <3

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Was with the Shields family last night. I think Marcus got his first ever tip while performing at the Festival Grounds. I think he also got a promotion, but I'm not certain. Olivia got her pregnancy notice, and she would have had the baby if I'd been able to get in game sooner. This baby was actually planned, so there's no need to me to want to wring my Sims' necks.
    ABvjNMK.jpg

Happy Simming, all!!
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    @Summerskydreamer That's an impressive mansion! Is it the Alto's lot? WOW!

@PalmArrow The boys are thanking for the congratulations. I'm going to write about the wedding as soon as I finish here. I must admit that your Resort by the waterfall inspired me to make an effort to make this lot.

@Nikkei_Simmer MY GOODNESS! LOL I sometimes go "CC-downloading spree" but I'm too picky and I end up removing everything. Now that I know how to work with package files, things are much easier. Not to mention that I like the vanilla feeling and I prefer stuff that go well with it.

@king_of_simcity7 One of those teens was really upset with school to crash the car like that! I hope you've called the firefighters to save the poor girl locked in the vehicle.

@bekkasan I hope he's getting better. I can imagine how complicated things might be.
    Still praying for him.

@TadOlson I can imagine. Your game is really realistic. Just try to feed them good food.

@LunBeauty That small detail that "L.B. can't visit them in her physical form" was the coolest! I love stories that break the 4th wall. I might add something like that in one of mine one day. Not now otherwise I'll loose focus.
    **Missing the all-in-one bathrooms now. Some of restrooms are badly designed.

@Springfairy556 I shame the lights lag the world. :( It's really beautiful! The Lucky Cassino lot with that huge squid seems perfect too.
    I took that picture with the in-game camera and them I had to get a screenshot. Inially I wanted something sober, but those goofy poses were priceless.
    **Oh boy! Flying sims! I wish I could help with that issue, but I've got no idea on how to solve it.

@Mikezumi I love when sims are trying to learn pool tricks! XD
    Jay looks very serious reading the baking reports! I wonder if he'll roll born salesperson.
    It was one of the sims' birthday. XD

@coco WOW! Was there a Carmen Sandiego boardgame!? I tried to find something on wikipedia, there are many computer games, though. The first series had four seasons and were produced in the mid-90's. I've just finished all the nine episodes of this new Carmen Sandiego series on Netflix and I did enjoy it. I was talking to a friend of mine who liked the first episode but found the first chasing part sort of boring at first. If you do too, (and that detective Chase Devineaux is the most annoying character ever) keep it up because the series gets better by the end of the first episode.

--- x --- x ---

I'll drop by one of the schools tomorrow to see to some stuff. There's so much to do and so little time.

I hope I can manage the forums and RL this term. It was fun hanging around, but I did have too much free time this year, specially when my TV broke down. On the other hand, my backside will be delighted to spend less time on the computer chair. XD
  • Options
    @MoonandStars83 LOL I remember watching the first season on TV. XD I made more comments about Carmen's Netflix show on coco's comment above.
    **I'm curious to see a stray dying on my lot. Perhaps I have too few of them walking around (I use returner to have three of each, depending on the world). Sounds sad, but quite unexpected!
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @thuggishsplicer @MoonandStars83

As always,I was on it.Old trip down sim video memory lane.Starting to wonder if you two are related to me :/

Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd32K0gb5-Y

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Everyone's pics an infro are great i know i tried to put my mansion pics up once on here will try again.

Front of my mansion has 21 bedrooms a green house with four car garage front
    FsFV5h5.jpg?1

THIS needs to go in...https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/949030/show-off-your-sims-homes#latest as well to "show it off".

@Summerskydreamer - that mansion is STUNNING.

GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member

Continuation of Page 3272

@Springfairy556 Great update!

I invited as many people as I could, lol. I think some of the guests were uninvited as well or paparazzi.
    Yeah, especially when it's a IF driving who has barely been alive for a week.
    It really is a nice thing to have. There's a lot more than paparazzi control too, lol

@CravenLestat Nice job on Dove!

@LunBeauty He should be good then.
    Yeah, exactly lol.
    I really should read about them. I have read some of the backstories but mainly the Sunset Valley ones.
    It works and it sounds like it could fit in the backstory as well.

Lol, not my showers though. Door is locked, although that doesn't seem to stop them from trying.
    It is. I like their breakfast bowls and sausage biscuits.

@king_of_simcity7 You're welcome!

@Shadow_Assassin Awesome update!

@TadOlson Thank you!
    Enjoyed your update as well!

@Hejix Thanks for the feedback.
    I kind of had it in mind to make them reconcile after taking a day break from the game. Everything is running smoothly now.

@bekkasan You're welcome.
    Thanks for the congrats. Same here, I like some of their other products as well as the sausage.

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you!

***Since I used James Dean as George and Brittany's sons name, I may use the other versions of the name like Jim or Jimmy in my posts. As a bonus, I'm adding a song from the singer Jimmy Dean. It's not really from my era as I was born in the 90's and listen to country from then to present but I know this song from listening to older country. The song is called Big Bad John. If you've seen the Jimmy Dean Sausage commercials, Jimmy is the voiceover on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnnHprUGKF0
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member

Page 3273

@Nikkei_Simmer Kind of neat hearing the story of Walmart in Canada. It's too bad they don't sell Jimmy Dean though.
    You know, I've never been to Sonic. I really should go there sometime. I have had Chick-Fil-A though.

@king_of_simcity7 Nice glitch. Someone needs their license taken away, lol

@Summerskydreamer Awesome mansion!

@MoonandStars83 I didn't either at first. I knew of Jimmy Dean as a singer because of the song Big Bad John but I didn't know he also created the Jimmy Dean Sausage place. It's not my era of music, I mainly listen to 90's to present country but I like some music from earlier periods as well.
    Can't wait to see the baby!

***Hopefully I can get an update posted later tonight, as long as I don't get interrupted like last night, lol. A hint of what's to come is we have two birthday's that will happen.

• Options
    @MoonandStars83 Thanks for the comment :smile:

@thuggishsplicer That happened a few years ago lol

@Brandontaylor I have no ideas whose car that would have been lol
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    The theatre is now on the TS3 exchange: :smile:

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9281787
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @CravenLestat I was hoping you'd share something soon! \o/
    I like the traits you chose. Is that the base game trench coat or something from store?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    @CravenLestat I was hoping you'd share something soon! \o/
    I like the traits you chose. Is that the base game trench coat or something from store?

@thuggishsplicer

Ctrl+shift+c

Testingcheatsenabled true

Unlockoutfits on

The hairstyle with the hat is hidden content but now is unlocked,

The trench outfit is now unlocked,it is the hidden Female Private investigator outfit ambitions

zzb54GO.png

The boots are sims 3 store from the sims 3 store

https://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:70535

:p

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    pg. 3272
    @karritz I'm still impressed you can go back to your sims that you created in 2009 and remember their stories. I'd like Tom to have more children but I know you have a lot on your plate already so he doesn't need his own series :smile:
    @mikezumi You're fine, I wasn't too concerned as sometimes I take a few days off too. I hope it's not too hot where you are. It's going to be a scorching 40 degrees here, tomorrow is going to be even worse as it's looking to set the record for Adelaide's hottest day ever. The Bureau says it's going to be 45 degrees. I think I'm just going to sit under the aircon and hope it doesn't break down :fearful:
    Jaxon shouldn't be getting hearts for any girl when he's got Lara :lol: He does look very impressive floating. It looks like Pia is cheering on Jason and Josh's makeout session. The baby chicks are too cute.
    That newspaper looks too big for Jay to hold lol. It's good that his first attempt was a success. I think before Josh was the one who was shocked at the photo. The photobooth has to be the least discreet place, especially with the kids just outside. Looks like Ian got a strike and then next bowl was a flop :lol:
    Haha those two boys can't get enough of that photobooth. At least Jaxon is much more sensible. Josie's trick must have been a disaster. Ian and Paul couldn't go to the booth because it clearly had been booked out for the whole afternoon :tongue: I like seeing all the guys in their formal wear.
    @Springfairy556 I've had the water splashing around sim's faces after they get out of the pool but I haven't seen them continue to swim. I think you should do a full reset of that sim and maybe the lot. I hope that fixes it because the lot looks really pretty :smile:
    The resort looks lovely. Lol is Edward wearing a suit/shirt in the hot tub :lol: Ah Tokyo I miss it. I have a couple friends who are leaving on Friday to spend a month there and I'm so jealous :cry:
    @brandontaylor Are you sure she didn't just wake everyone up with her loud guitar playing? :wink: I wonder how that old lady caught on fire. I know of James Dean but I don't know much about him. I've never heard of Jimmy Dean. I guess I've never listened to much country music before.
    @CravenLestat Nice creative use of the sky pattern and the cannonballs... Dove's alright, I guess :smirk:
    @Shadow_Assassin You have some unique sims. The junkyard is a strange spot for a date.
    @TadOlson Winter has come around fast in your game. How long are your seasons set for?

pg. 3273
    @king_of_simcity7 That is some seriously bad routing gone wrong :lol: Poor kid's lucky she's still alive after all that.
    @Summerskydreamer Wow that's a very impressive mansion. I like the greenhouse in the back. I'd love to see inside the house :smile:
    @MoonandStars83 Teresa Palmer was also in Warm Bodies and I Am Number Four. It's good to see her do television for a change. I had never heard of Matthew Goode before but I like him a lot in this series. People who have read the book say his representation of the character is spot on. I might go to the bookshop this Saturday and buy the first book.
    I hope it's a ghost baby, that would be interesting to see :smile:
    @thuggishsplicer When I Google'd it there seems to actually be a few different Carmen Sandeigo boardgames. I just can't remember which one I used to play. I'll put the show on my list of things to watch thanks. I hope it's on Australian Netflix :smile:
  • Options
    @coco Dove is alright ...

:#

:rage:

uvahYni.gif

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @coco Tomorrow and the next day will be scorchers for us. I am not looking forward to it. Yours sounds a lot worse, though. We are only expecting 42 although it could get a bit hotter here because my suburb is usually a couple degrees warmer than Melbourne and the inner suburbs.
    Thanks for the lovely comments and good luck with the heat. At least you have air-con. I only have an evaporative cooler and several fans :#
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    50539587_235475937376666_252540168584560640_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_eui2=AeHoxmvqTxhm3_dC2wE6y7Fd041KuHtKQK7Qr6ShzskNiQ5QmGXXlGbEHJxLLejDVhQWmLQCSzr3DwLLGxGPco43jR5itn15OFfnqDpteXbwMA&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=f9be8de3b0e1c91e808d038b541175ae&oe=5CBCC486
    Destiny had to get up early and get ready for her show tonight, they had breakfast at the resort's buffet bar.

50306249_235476074043319_4849763756521029632_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_eui2=AeF81DQvgg80CxZCFJZmVj0LKPFvy1oaNYLQx1tLoZKoJX802o8f_eI3wyCFDRXNAAKGgHaO1U_OvimIOgLiwr6o0raAWAB8-0YvRhaVz3BJXg&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=7d09c86ac72cfc542d9eee7564451744&oe=5CF5B522
    Edward's first time at a casino and he hit the jackpot lol.

50592028_235476100709983_1797405188735107072_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_eui2=AeELm8GxrISm-8NglQryR7LrgPZXuQzaM9VDro5lT3H317w80-LiKswFubkeEdD2wVmuN5a-h0cXGdKzjcqMY9nYV1P_puG0-112pQyNHhntFg&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=de7d945921c7020bdb1252deec55acf2&oe=5CC0E3CF
    Later that night Destiny performed at the coffee shop.It wasn't the big show venue like she hoped, but it was an honor just being in Toyko.

50414295_235476144043312_6141307941946392576_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_eui2=AeFzNCxVKrbMpsd6dmkMFJe4vuPG3LYIJvIOwbIEWHc-4fM8lTg3059E6pcPZnSXaEChZ1Xw_bBnHfybHDGUNKLzupNOwuzQeOZyvkQp8-SxJQ&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=a7fa1e3e077a897dd63ac498ee661bb1&oe=5CBB7431
    And they were digging every move of hers.

50404432_235476207376639_6184653262998732800_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_eui2=AeGUBvbMuzd6PHk9LRk2mENCTgGYDIst7O7Sq7mZ5wE1nX0NpsSAPni6lUzUGc_AYwtBFnZKdI_7CLoULa5YDn9H_NbPBGtXbDNfISJ_QdoZcQ&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=b72ad25847f285d0f21d62a6f8f7df55&oe=5CFE7E6F
    She performed until 11:30 PM, and had a fairly decent audience.

50398010_235476230709970_1569809017679642624_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_eui2=AeFxxdocURzgFGcYhZlAWCtdrB-Hm-xsPBn_xHL8b6av7xgsjycEhECmxKBsGmpbpb1k1GI8V3yAuNDgZHrZKU_iRsaLlo_MQz5yMDW2LJSmHg&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=d10f03f724cd4244312a5aa70fa04959&oe=5CF95C83
    Finishing the show with "Maybe its better this way."
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    @coco thank you. I don't plan a full series of videos on Tom but if I have som ething interestingb to talk about regarding Tom, ir any other sinns, I might do the occasional side video. Just for fun.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top