Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

The Cowboy and the Mermaid

The rising sun paints a pink and gold glow to the sky. It is another beautiful morning in Sunlit Tides. Dwight gets up and stretches his body trying to work the kinks out. He limps out to kitchen to see what might be available for breakfast. He finds a box of waffle mix and decides to make those. He loved eating waffles that the ranch cook made. He follows the directions and soon has a batch in the oven. While he waits for them to cook he thinks about the noises that woke him during the night. It almost sounded like someone was swimming in the pool. He thinks to himself that he should have got up and checked. He notices smoke coming from the stove, black smoke.
    45909724524_59dc34fc49_b.jpg
    45755260335_62f247e8f5_b.jpg
    31693067507_74edb14814_b.jpg
    45909723824_14f13f050a_b.jpg

Dwight is just a bit disgusted with himself that he can't cook simple waffles. He grabs a bottle of juice from the fridge and has that instead. After he cleans up he is still in pain. He takes one of his pain pills and grabs a book out of the bookcase and relaxes on the bed reading while waiting for the meds to kick in. He falls asleep as the pain eases.
    31693067257_6df9e242e1_b.jpg
    45909723404_a54810d9b9_b.jpg
    31693066267_3ffaf23efb_b.jpg

Lorelei wakes up and grabs a book to read. Technology for Luddites is apparently the perfect book for the technophobic mermaid. She reads until her eyes start crossing with all the techno-jargon in the book. She fixes a bowl of sushi and enjoys every last bite. She hurries out to the waters and spends her day swimming around the islands hunting for other merpeople and collecting seashells for the science lab. (authors disclaimer...@cravenlestat picked out the 'jammies'. I didn't change them. lol)
    31693067047_7d940e0480_b.jpg
    31693066687_9bb8d211b3_b.jpg
    32759802908_f8aa2354c1_b.jpg

Dwight awakens from his med induced nap. He's hungry. He finds a microwavable meal in the freezer and decides to fix that for dinner. It's not very tasty, but, it is not burned. He finishes his meal and makes a phone call to the realtor. He is in too much pain to be climbing up and down the steps to get supplies and things he wants. The realtor suggests a local delivery service that is reliable. Dwight calls and places his order with them.
    45913262944_b2d21617e1_b.jpg
    45913262444_83b5e84437_b.jpg
    45913261994_ce126eda5c_b.jpg

The delivery guy was prompt and once he realized Dwight's injuries, he mounted the big screen wall tv for Dwight. He also brought up a case of the brew that Dwight ordered. Dwight thanked him, gave him a big tip and told him he would call him again in a few days.
    46585528212_2dfcc697bc_b.jpg

Dwight sat on the sofa watching the big game on the new TV and enjoyed a few brews that took the edge off the pain. After the game he read one of the books from the bookcase. He slept pretty good that night and was not awakened by any unusual sounds during the night.
    46585528022_7a7427661c_b.jpg
    45913260954_2344e724c6_b.jpg

Lorelei stayed in the waters quite late searching for shells. Suddenly she senses another presence. A merman! An old merman! He introduces himself as Jarrett Fernandes. They talk for a long time and Lorelei finds out there are other merpeople living in the waters as well as in town. (They have much in common and he can get hearts and look all he wants, but, he better not touch! I think the game created him based on her traits. Kinda spooky. )
    46656757511_90f559fd6b_b.jpg
    45931796464_a7c71549f8_b.jpg

The sun is rising and casts its flames across the waters turning the dive lot into a rosy glowing landscape.
    45741564215_60a86d5cbe_b.jpg
    45741563875_6ae9f39954_b.jpg

Lorelei is tired and swims out of the cave she explored. She found another shell and some minerals that she can sell in town. Once she gets a nap she will go to the science lab and turn in the shells she found for them.
    45741563585_63ea81e039_b.jpg

The waters of the pool tempt Lorelei into taking a quick dip before heading into her house for a nap. She wonders if anyone is going to rent the beach house or will she have access to the pool all summer. She wishes she had room on her property for a pool.
    45924446704_ff1f038988_b.jpg
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    edited January 2019
    Stewart's bachelor party

Due to Tamsin working as a Trauma Surgeon in the night shift, she and Stewart barely saw each other during the day.

While Tamsin was sleeping, Stewart noticed that Jasper had fleas, so he gave him a bath.
    7N7LhX2.jpg

Now Jasper was clean but Stewart had fleas and had to take a bath! You can actually see a big fat flea in this picture.
    aPe1xoK.jpg

Finally clean, Stewart made some phone calls. He booked the Guillotine Arms pub for that evening and invited his friends to a bachelor party.
    WoIX8EM.jpg

Tamsin finally awoke, and they had a meal together. Then Stewart drove to the pub to get ready for the party.
    qTdyMHx.jpg

When the guests started to arrive, the game changed Stewart into a suit and hat, which magically gave him short hair for the evening.
    oaERYP7.jpg

Stewart ordered fish and chips and drinks for everyone.
    dlkcD1G.jpg

Some of he guests splashed one another with fizzy nectar.
    9iNhfMO.jpg

Suddenly, a pink limousine stopped in front of the pub, and a blonde lady in a maid's outfit walked into the pub.
    Z74rd6j.jpg

She paused a little at the entrance as if lost in thought. (The bearded gentleman is one of the guests - Hamish MacAdder, the mayor of GlenDonnach.)
    fEz2b6Q.jpg

She then placed a portable stereo on the coffee table and put on some music.
    5Frqthl.jpg

The guests were delighted to see her.
    Lkeu18p.jpg

She started to dance.
    bjwbWmU.jpg

I don't know if it was the influence of the dancer or the nectar, but Hamish MacAdder suddenly changed into his underpants and started running around.
    WqDiH6K.jpg

Stewart splashed Hamish's son Callum MacAdder with fizzy nectar, then asked him to make a speech.
    G3AGTEA.jpg

Callum obliged. "My dear friends, I've known Stewart for a long time and he's a real Yeti..."
    KsJg0A6.jpg

The party dancer stayed at the party for a while and splashed the mayor with fizzy nectar.
    BFHCq31.jpg

The party lasted for six sim hours and even I was tired when it ended!
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    edited January 2019
    Driving lesson

First time I tried the "learn to drive" option. Paid close attention to Sims' driving (@nikkei_simmer :P)

"I know I truly don't deserve it, after the party incident, you were already SO NICE to let me off the hook, however, I have one favor to ask you. I KNOW you're SO busy, but... would you teach me to drive? Pretty please?"

6X40XYG.jpg

"On a snow day? It's not the best day... however, you don't have school today, so..."

E3FEfzl.jpg

"All right! Go start the car."

kuRIdug.jpg

"Laurel, you're the BEST sister in the WORLD! I am ETERNALLY grateful to you. I owe you BIG!"

JYS299b.jpg

"Okay, put the wheels straight... You can also go a bit faster..."

"The road is very slippery..."

7gEx2hZ.jpg

*Honk honk* "MOVE! For sims' sake! And people complain elders are too slow on the road! This youngster needs to learn to take some risks! In my time, we did not drive like cowards, but like men!"

UDCmm4B.jpg

*Honk honk* "Get out of the way, you 🐸🐸🐸🐸!"

"Pearl? It's us!"

*Passes through them, ignoring Laurel*

SZkpQE2.jpg

"Is this... the school bus? I thought it was a snow day... I guess the field trip hadn't been cancelled after all?" *Brakes*

"No... Don't brake! DON'T BRAKE!"

V20lqSI.jpg

"They passed through us..."

"WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP DOING THIS!?!"

"BECAUSE YOU'RE DRIVING LIKE A... Because... you don't drive very fast, Nicholas."

"But I'm learning..."

L1KRNyZ.jpg

"This was our brother and sister. Did you truly had to pass through them?"

"Need to keep on schedule."

F4QXzUR.jpg

"The snail deserved it! LOSER!"

But then, thinking to himself: "Wait... why didn't *I* get a driving lesson? I'm the eldest! Laurel is playing favorite again!"

oQhW9g4.jpg

"Driving is so stressful! I need a break! I'll... I'll take the taxi from now on."

j8GSPLf.jpg

Sorry... But snow day definitely wasn't the best day to drive for the first time. And there is definitely road rage in the Sims. Thankfully, they can go through you. Because if not, you'd be in the garage right now...

I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
    @Karritz , what an interesting situation with Ephraim and Patches! I've never heard of an imaginary friend appearing in two forms at once. It looks delightfully spooky!

@afai1261 , I like Cormac and Morgan both in their Sims 4 and in their Sims 3 version! Saoirse is adorable too.

@Brandontaylor , Brittany is doing fantastic!

@emorrill , Genevieve's hair definitely looks like the Rachel Cut! It looks great on her.
    And that's a perfect Disney Cinderella dress for Ella Carlisle!
    I love the hair on @Charlottesmom 's simself too!

@LunBeauty , I love Violet, she is adorable!
    Wow, triplets! I would be nervous about playing a family with so many kids, but it's great that you know what you're doing!

@king_of_simcity7 , hah! The abandoned warehouse doesn't look like a good choice of building to hide in!

@TinySpaceFox , I'm glad you found a waay to make your game run more smoothly, although I'm sorry it had to be disallowing pets!

@Silverofdreams30 , Alex looks very handsome after aging up! And I agree, that shirt looks wonderful on Vidal.

@bekkasan , beautiful pictures. I like the one of Lorelei getting hearts with the townie mermaid. And sunrise underwater looks magical!
    @Mikezumi , how strange about the parents getting upset about their kids becoming bffs - it makes no sense! Pia is lovely as a little girl, you chose the perfect hair for her. I lov ethe mermaid painting!

@Springfairy556 , lovely pictures of Edward and Destiny dancing, and the whole setup for the party is gorgeous!
    @Hejix , I laughed so much at your driving lesson update, especially at "This was our brother and sister. Did you truly have to pass through them?" :smiley::smiley:
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,425 Member
    edited January 2019
    When you have Disasters and Blessings mod...there's always freezing the pesky paparazzi when they decide to make a racket after 12AM (midnight). They make nice lawn ornaments...at least until they melt.
    Screenshot-145.jpg

I may make a custom lot for them. :D ...and stick 'em outside the fence line.

Janae Kocker and Corinne Zepeda found out too late that it's not nice to bug River and Haruo after midnight. The Watcher gets very testy and decided to freeze them. He doesn't like being bugged after midnight either.

On second thought, the Watcher decided to make some use out of them and turned them into gold statues. At least then they'll be worth something. :tongue::mrgreen:

Screenshot-151.jpg
    They make fine statues for the garden right outside the edge markers for the driveway, don't they? >:)

Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member

***I was going to do more comments after my last post but I had a terrible headache but I'm going to try and get caught up before working on a new update.

Page 3250

@LunBeauty I'm glad Violet forgot about her tantrum. I love the father-daughter stroll.
    She seemed to enjoy her new bed. I bet Luna and Claude liked having time together.
    Looking forward to seeing their second kid.
    Luna being afraid of getting bit by Violet was funny, although if she is teething, I'd be worried too. Glad Luna could take her for a walk.
    Triplets! Was not expecting that but very happy for the family.

Violet playing in the sand box was cute.
    Claude's a smart man not to question Luna's cravings. :D
    Congrats on the birth of Crimson, Fallon, and Raeliegh!
    I'm glad you can deal with triplets. I've had triplets a few times but couldn't handle it. Of course, I'm a more experienced player than I was then.

@Nikkei_Simmer Nice update!
    Wow, that driver should be fired.

@king_of_simcity7 The group has a good escape tactic but if he called for back up, they'll get caught eventually.
    Hmm, I wonder what is going on inside. I have a feeling Gareth might be there.
    Lol, me too.

@TinySpaceFox I seem to have a bit of trouble as well with the bigger towns. My game usually does okay but smaller towns seem to be less laggy.

@Silverofdreams30 Happy birthday, Alex!
    Awesome update!
    I'm not sure what your issue is but I hope you can fix it so your sim can visit their neighbors again.

Very nice pictures of Luna and Sean.
    I like the pose of them on the floor together.
    Good to see Ty, Audra and Isla as well.

@bekkasan I know, which surprises me. She doesn't have anything that would stop it. She does do the commissions though which removes the arrest chance for one street art painting.
    It should be in tonights update if I play enough.
    It sure is. I've hardly ever had that many fires. When I get Brittany home, she is going to have to have Christopher fireproof the house.

@hejix I'd love to see you do a blog with Catherine. I think it'd be nice to see her evilness.
    Someone really should build the inside of the catacombs. Obviously I'd keep the mausoleum but have the catacombs under the cemetery, or someone could make a separate catacomb.

@CravenLestat I see that now. I wasn't sure which one it was but she looks a lot better than the original.
    I've seen her around, think my current sim is friends with her.
  • imdragonitimdragonit Posts: 1,019 Member
    Fantastic updates everyone :)
    finally got my creative juices going & decided to create Jane Yellowrock ( from Faith Hunter's books ) she's a skinwalker, here's a couple of pics of her in human form
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    hope everyone's doing well & having fun!
    ***I was going to do more comments after my last post but I had a terrible headache but I'm going to try and get caught up before working on a new update.

@Nikkei_Simmer Nice update!
    Wow, that driver should be fired.

Headaches, when severe, can really sap the energy out of someone. Hope you're feeling a bit better. @Brandontaylor.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @Brandontaylor People see him all the time. (please please please know that I'm just being facetious)
    ****I'm glad Brittany is progressing nicely.

@king_of_simcity7 Hopefully they don't succeed in their dastardly plans.
    ****I would be really sad if you told us that the foods in your pictures don't taste as good as they look.

@Kesminlix Welcome back! Wishing your Sims the best of luck.

@Karritz Glad you're feeling better. That's an interesting glitch.

@afai1261 Yeah, it kinda happened by accident (not the Klepto part - that was planned). I just didn't like the thought of all those stray kitties not having a home, so I cheated and added them to the household.
    ****How did 2 vampires have a human child?

@emorrill You read my mind!
    ****Cute makeovers. Hope you can get everything back in its proper place.

@coco I do use save cleaner, and it doesn't help much. The issue mostly stems from the PC, which doesn't have the proper system for gaming and is nearly a decade old.

@bekkasan For now I'm keeping copies in the family inventory since I haven't fully decided yet. Decor items can always be placed around the house in different rooms, but these are big items.
    ****Poor Dwight's burnt waffles.

@Springfairy556 That happens with my games every now and then. It's like the coding breaks or something.

@LunBeauty I rarely punish my Sim children anymore, since usually when they get in trouble, it's because I forgot to bring them home after something.

@Shadow_Assassin I think that looks more like Dead by Ranting.

@TinySpaceFox Pretty much everything in the house was colored by the builder, Petalbot, so I can't take any credit.

@Silverofdreams30 Happy birthday, Alex!

@Nikkei_Simmer Poor preggo River.

@PalmArrow Hello li'l white kitty. And maid in kink boots.

@Hejix I hated driving lessons, too.

@imdragonit Great pics!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last night I was at the Artist Commune (Taylor Household). Everyone got a couple of paintings completed. I decided I need to start having them listen to tabcasts when they paint so they can gain other skills as well. I'm starting to see some paintings I haven't seen before now that they're all skilling up. Here's a couple pics:
    xi0DuvX.jpg
    UH5lPhY.jpg

Happy Simming, all!
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member

Page 3251

@bekkasan Whoops, too bad about the waffles. I hope his leg does better.
    I think Lorelai is such a pretty sim. I hope she can maybe figure out technology.
    That was nice of the delivery person to get things for Dwight pretty quickly.
    That's nice that Lorelai met another merperson.
    Nice update.

@PalmArrow The flea baths don't look fun, lol
    Stewart must have tucked it up in his hat.
    Nice underwear, Hamish
    "My dear friends, I've known Stewart for a long time and he's a real Yeti..." Love this comment!

@Hejix He really knows how to get Laurel to do something.
    Nice update!

@PalmArrow Thank you. I hope she continues to do well.

@Nikkei_Simmer Good idea for the paparazzi. I've got to get that mod reinstalled in my game.
    Nice statues.
    Thank you. I took something for it and tried to rest a bit. I feel a lot better now.

@imdragonit Nice update.

@MoonandStars83 I know, lol. I didn't think anything of it.
    Thank you. I'm getting ready to play her save after these comments.
    That's what I do too. I love the MultiTab for that reason.

***Going into game now. I'm hoping to finish up Brittany's last three college days so I can get her back home to the family. I'll check back in later with an update and further comments.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    The family enjoyed another cooked meal prepared by Ian :) I think he's about level 8 now. Normally I would have a sim maxed well before now but with a genie and with sims sharing the cooking some are fairly high but no-one has been maxed.
    45759906775_df302082dc_o.jpg
    Pia woke with a wish to bake something :)
    46674995421_bdbe42a5f9_o.jpg
    She burned her first attempt :D
    45759906445_71ea42d1a1_o.jpg
    I'd sent Jaxon to harvest the eggs and he must have found the basketball hoop when he was done :)
    46674994931_fab9cdaa1a_o.jpg
    45759905915_1cc671aaef_o.jpg
    Paul and Ian did the gardening. Paul cheered Ian on as he finished the last tree :D
    46674994241_68d8da4b14_o.jpg
    Josh had been on the way to the hot tub with a drink when he went into labor :D
    46674993791_f54e6f887e_o.jpg
    45759905115_9d777ce21a_o.jpg
    "I can't believe I did this to myself!" ;)
    46674993071_78c58374de_o.jpg
    I sent Josh inside to have his baby and when Ian came in to get a drink from the bar he also did the baby dance :D
    45759904655_ef659425f0_o.jpg
    46674992331_1acdf7bb00_o.jpg
    I heard something break and found Paul at the hot tub :#
    45759904255_17d572fab5_o.jpg
    After breaking the hot tub, Paul came inside to flirt with Ian :D
    46674991531_b5da405222_o.jpg
    Welcome Jay :)
    45759903875_957bafb984_o.jpg
    Page 3242

@LunBeauty Thanks for the lovely comments :) I wouldn't have minded a chaperone like Stein either! I do remember briefly having a PE teacher who was hot a blonde when I was in my teens and, when I think about it, he was blonde a little Stein-like :D
    I don't have enough hairs to give all my sims different hair. I could download more but I see very few hairs that I actually like.
    That was Connor. You probably weren't around when I played Connor and Jared recently but that is my most recent version of Connor. Of course he was adjusted in CAS! I simply could not play an EA sim until I put my mark on them ;)

@Vincent_Vengeance I don't think sims are meant to enjoy mixology but the results everyone wants! :D
    I hope Steve got the blue out of his hair before the contest ;)
    Oh dear! Roger must have it bad for Sheryl :D
    That nanny will definitely tell everyone! Sims can't keep secrets ;)
    I hope Steve isn't sad because he suspects what Sheryl has been up to!

@TinySpaceFox I love Seb's outfit! Is the suit CC? If so, where did you get it (if you remember)? :)

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks for the sweet comments :) The kids look mostly like Josh but they got Jason's blue skin and Josie got his eyes.
    Does Aurora want JCW for herself or does she not like the girl he was dancing with?
    Jeromy looks handsome in his suit :)
    It looks like Aurora and JCW like each other! :)

@king_of_simcity7 That was sweet of Stacy to apologize to Hana although she wasn't bad to her.
    That's nice that they are friends now :)
    Anta's no good for Stacy anyway! Good riddance!
    Thanks for the comment :)

@meerkattime Thanks for the lovely comments :)
    My waking wish is always for coffee too! :D
    I am dressing the townie kids in this save because they are the kids of sims I have populated the town with myself so they are like my children :)
    Josie and Cort aged up to teen on the same day and were the only teens in town so Josie had no competition for Cort ;)
    Jaxon does look a lot like Josie but not completely. I did a gender swap in CAS and could easily see the differences then.
    I used the same pattern on Lara's childhood dress so I carried it through when she became a teen :)

@bekkasan Thanks for the lovely comments :)
    My sims don't react to ghosts because I have a mod that stops it.
    Jaxon can't be heir because the save was originally meant to be about Paul and Ian. Jason and Josh got thrown into the mix when I decided to try a genie. Still, I will keep an eye on him in town to see what his life is like and to make sure he is happy with Lara :)
    Jason got his pre-age-up snuggle :)
    46674990761_c616eb4204_o.jpg
    :o:D
    45759903275_518783f582_o.jpg
    Jay is a blend of his fathers and more like Josie than Jaxon.
    32799901758_1259720522_o.jpg
    Jay's fun bar needed filling and Josh had a wish to put him on the spring rider :)
    45759902735_6059f02401_o.jpg
    Before he could get to the back door, Jason stopped him for a little flirt :D
    32799901048_05aa4a0e0c_o.jpg
    I stopped them before the flirting led to woohoo and sent Josh and Jay outside.
    45759902255_5ca402ed60_o.jpg
    Jay didn't want to get off :D
    32799900518_a6fcac7d92_o.jpg
    45759901835_38235dd18d_o.jpg
    Josh got started on teaching Jay how to talk :)
    32799899898_f6f57da2d3_o.jpg
    31733251337_48312f7b4e_o.jpg
    45759900985_071201d00b_o.jpg
    Cort was meant to come home with Jaxon but he had art class so I sent Jaxon home ahead of him.
    31733250877_e95bcb9fbd_o.jpg
    Josh asked Ian for a dance when he was mid-flirt with Paul :D
    45759900575_22827214f9_o.jpg
    I saw Connor fishing in the yard :)
    31733250367_7cdb1f51fc_o.jpg
    Pia came home with a wish to read the baking report :)
    45759900025_e562a01b95_o.jpg
    Josie came home late because of music class.
    31733249757_1a7df3fae6_o.jpg
    Page 3243

@Vincent_Vengeance That's good that Steve has no idea about his wife and Roger!
    Uh oh! I hope Roger and Rosalinde didn't divorce because of what had happened!
    That was good detective work finding out that they had divorced because the wife had cheated!
    It won't be long before Steve hears the same gossip!
    Congrats on the pregnancy :)

@Brandontaylor Thanks for the lovely comments :)
    There are lots of spawners for seeds, rocks and insects in that part of SV so my sims never have to go far when they have wishes :)
    I use a mod so that sims don't react to ghosts. If I didn't dead family members couldn't visit without waking everyone up.
    The thumbs up is because they use the same animation to cover all announcements from promotion to pregnancy.
    I love cake too :)
    I am trying to make my sims cook more often and fortunately there have been wishes from both Ian and Jason to level up in cooking so less meals are being summoned now :)

@PalmArrow Thanks :) I get the family to laugh first so that I can eventually get them to smile for the pic. It can take a long time before everyone is smiling and I spend a lot of time pausing and checking to see if everyone has their eyes open before I can actually get a few pics.

@Silverofdreams30 Congrats on doing well with your online exam :)

@Hejix I have played many evil sims because it's one of my favourite traits. I do, however, always pair it with nice traits so my evil sims are sweet most of the time :D
    Reading the baking report triggered a wish to bake something.
    45759899685_e08e2f61df_o.jpg
    Cort finally showed up!
    31733249367_e681d802b0_o.jpg
    Pia didn't burn her muffin this time :)
    45759899375_024cfb54c8_o.jpg
    Josie grabbed Cort the minute he walked in the door! :D
    31733248947_2944b7cecb_o.jpg
    Josie and Cort ended up eating outside when the meal was served. I couldn't have planned it better! :)
    45759898955_3887708866_o.jpg
    There should have been enough room at the table for all but I didn't take into account that Connor would also be called to meal! I then remembered that when one family member has been invited inside that the rest of the family is welcome.
    31733248407_6d1a4879d3_o.jpg
    Jaxon took care of Jay's needs :)
    45759898535_ef9c386fdb_o.jpg
    Josh was invited to Stein's party but only Pia rolled a wish to attend so I sent her alone. I was happy to see that Cristopher was now a child :)
    31733247747_414abce7ab_o.jpg
    Connor walked through the bedroom on his way to the back deck to read :D
    45759898225_499b94bc64_o.jpg
    I sent Jaxon to summon a meal for the party. Jared was there :)
    31733247277_0d4e2a4f02_o.jpg
    I lost track of Jay and found him in the reading room where I had put the toybox and costume chest in my 5x5 save :D
    45759897845_82c8709cb7_o.jpg
    Josie and Cort watched the stars :)
    31733246947_5fbd89cdd5_o.jpg
    I saw from Pia's queue that she was eating the carrot cake that Jaxon had summoned. I don't like my sims eating when they are full but she's a kid and it was cake :p
    45759897455_eb6f824e6c_o.jpg
    Jason got started on Jay's potty training before settling him for the night :)
    31733246467_cdcae9d74c_o.jpg
    45759897225_1097eb5449_o.jpg
    Page 3244

@king_of_simcity7 Thanks for the comment :)
    Unfortunately different news channels do have political leanings and it shows in their coverage. Sorry that Hana was painted as the bad one.

@Brandontaylor You can wait a long time for visitors to do what you want! I hope that Lauren didn't have to wait too long for Mack to join her in the pool!
    Mack's formal outfit is a tad unfortunate ;)
    LOL at Christopher stuck in the porch!
    Lauren is doing very well with her skills with Brittany's help!
    Congrats on Mack moving in :)
    Wow! A three-headed horse! ;)
    Good luck on fixing Mack's traits :D

@MoonandStars83 Thanks :)

@Springfairy556 Congrats to Destiny on joining the singing career :)
    Fun time at the Fall Festival even if Edward was offended by the haunted house :D
    Good luck granting all your sims' wishes! I grant a lot but discard a lot too :D

@coco Thanks for the lovely comments :) I hate the way ankles, wrists and elbows sometimes look wonky during some animations :#
    My sims can skinny dip around kids so I still don't know why the boys kept their clothes on when at the pool with the teens.
    I knew that Lara would grow up well although I never check the teen stage when taking a peek so I was happy to see she was cute as a teen too :)
    Genies can magically clean any sim on the lot with them :)
    I know that Pia's clothes have been looking orange but her favourite colour is red. I think the patterns I have used the red background on has made it appear more orange than red. Still, I liked the way it looked so I kept it :)

@bekkasan THanks for the lovely comments :)

@TinySpaceFox Martin and David are sitting a long way from the TV! I guess my house must be smaller because the TV and couch are very close :D
    Thanks for the lovely comments :)
    Not only can sims take drinks into the hot tub but if you are playing a male and they are drinking and need to use the toilet they will sit the drink on top of the urinal as well! :o
    Cort and Josie were the first teens in town. There are a few more now but Cort and Jaxon are the only males so far.
    I have had many instances of two couples heading for the same bed at the same time! :D
    The little suit with the vest and tie is my favourite toddler formal outfit :)
    I have never tried the careers that come with Ambitions. Sorry the firefighting one is bugged :(
    Oh dear! David really is standing right in the middle of the fire!
    Phew he got it out!
    Dave is very handsome in his firefighter uniform :)
    I lied before. I do use the self employed careers, usually gardener. I don't like the painting one because promotions are dependent on painting sales and I like to hang on to mine not sell them :#

@LunBeauty Thanks for the lovely comments :)
    I didn't think home births were any longer than hospital births. Sims are pregnant for 72 hours. They go into labor at 70 hours and have the baby when 2 hours is up. Could it be that because it takes time to go to the hospital that it just feels shorter?
    I like home births because it gives a huge relationship boost with the baby.
    Survive at All Costs
    Chapter Ten - Looking Forward

It just so happened that winter was the start to the Holiday Season and well, Christmas would show up roughly around the end of the month, so we decided to go all out with decorations. Potter's Nursery not only had Christmas trees that we could have planted in our yard; all it required was a backhoe. Just dig a hole and shove that tree; roots and all in the hole, cover it up and give'er a ton of water. Not only that, they had realistic looking reindeer. So why the heck not. At least with the jewels that we sold, we could afford to go all out and besides, it was our first property that we ever owned.
    Screenshot-136.jpgScreenshot-137.jpg There were decorations to put up and yummy Christmas treats to make. That was part of the reason why I liked Christmas so much. So many delicious treats and a sumptuous meal. Of course we still had three weeks to go before Christmas, so well, there was a lot to do before then.

Putting up the Christmas lights was going to be a task in and of itself but the laborious task in front of me of clambering up a ladder and stringing up the lights was actually, since it was the first time that I'd ever done it on a property that we owned, something that I was genuinely looking forward to. Perhaps it would grow mundane and tiresome after a while, but I was going to enjoy it while the novelty lasted.
    Screenshot-138.jpg Still we had to run errands; getting skill books and other things...including a trip to the grocery store in order to get the ingredients that we needed to cook a nice Christmas dinner. At least if we had the turkey in the freezer, then we wouldn't have to worry about the mad Christmas rush on the poultry aisle in the local Safeway. I don't know about you but one of the banes of Christmas shopping is dodging the other Christmas shoppers who have waited until the last minute to buy gifts.
    Screenshot-139.jpgScreenshot-140.jpgScreenshot-142.jpg Evidently Environment Canada had definitely been right with the weather forecast since it had snowed without ceasing since last night. As far as I knew, Sally was out hunting gemstones and well I had things to do in downtown Vancouver. Vancouver was a pain in the posterior end to drive in especially with the start and stop traffic and people jamming the noses of their cars into your path as you're driving at a snail's pace down Hastings Street. So much for Christmas cheer since everybody seemed to be in a foul mood and traffic wasn't doing much to mollify anyone's temper. Yay...Merry Christmas.
    Screenshot.jpgScreenshot-2.jpgScreenshot-3.jpg River had plenty to do since she had commissions that she had to complete sitting on the easel waiting patiently for her to finish up and package them for shipping so that kept her quite busy.
    Screenshot-4.jpg Upon coming home, after negotiating the mindnumbingly manic traffic in downtown Vancouver, to unwind, I ended up grabbing a bite to eat from the fridge. There was no place to park downtown and the brain-dead drivers wouldn't hesitate to crawl up your behind so you had no chance to snag a parking spot because you had no way of reversing to parallel park. It was an infuriating business to try to get anywhere in downtown Vancouver. Half the people driving downtown had no business behind the wheel since it wasn't certain that they knew what the hell they were doing and were more a danger to everyone else on the road as well as to themselves.

And after I was done eating, I went downstairs to use the potion table. Hopefully I wouldn't blow myself to kingdom come by mixing the wrong chemicals and creating glyceryl trinitrate - C3H5N3O9. Yippee yeehah...KABOOM. That'll be the topper to a fun day downtown. I was trying to figure out the chemical compound for that Young Again Potion - C3H4N2O3 in a certain order. Yeah...get that wrong and you're going to end up young again...in molecular bits and pieces.
    Screenshot-6.jpgScreenshot-7.jpgScreenshot-8.jpgScreenshot-9.jpg Sally was a great dog. She was still out in the snow diligently sniffing her way around trying to find more gemstones, precious metals and rocks. She was the backbone of our financial security and we wanted to make sure that she was well-taken care of. So she had a nice comfortable bed and we made sure to keep her food topped off, as well as paying her lots of attention when she was home. She was a special dog...and we made sure that she knew it.
    Screenshot-10.jpgScreenshot-11.jpgScreenshot-12.jpg We knew just how lucky we were that we'd managed to adopt Sally, because we were snug in a nice bed; inside of a comfy home with plenty of food to eat all because of Sally's innate ability to track, locate and dig out gemstones and precious metals as well as the pricey space rocks that were the cornerstone of the financial wealth that we had managed to put together. It was a far cry from when we were broke and penniless freshly thrown out on the street by Mother Dearest. We were fortunate and hopefully would remain so.
    Screenshot-16.jpgScreenshot-18.jpgScreenshot-19.jpgScreenshot-20.jpgScreenshot-21.jpg At least with money in our pockets, we had a sense of security and the knowledge that "mother dearest" could never hurt us again.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @coco
    Bea kind of reminds me of my friend.XD
    Yeah, Destiny was suppose to be a 20s flapper girl.
    Well, her date was someone she met at work, and she asked him to go
    to the party.Don't think she was trying to make Edward jealous, was just telling him
    why he can't go lol.

@Brandontaylor
    I rarely send my sims to Uni as it feels so repetive.But I love the items
    and activities that came with it.Hope she doesn't get caught doing street art on the walls.XD
    Yup, her friends are so gullible.

@emorrill
    Alright, the blue cinderella like dress, I must know where you got it from? Its gorgeous!
    Glad to see you found some time to play! Your update is wonderfully done as always.

@TinySpaceFox
    Yup, he was being an A$$ again.
    Lol, she was hungry.Destiny forgot to feed her for a few days.
    But I think it traumatized Destiny.XD
    I just had to caption that screenshot of Bea lol.
    Yes, he does lol.He kind of reminded me of the phantom.

@Silverofdreams30
    Happy birthday Alex! Hope he had a good day.
    Oh he's a handsome young man.

@bekkasan
    That's Charles for you.He's great, but is such a nuisance sometimes.
    I love Edward.He's my fav out this group.XD
    Its such a weird issue.Not sure what happened.
    Wow! The sunset is very pretty.I forgot how niche ST is.
    Lovely beach house!

@Hejix
    He's my kind of "Man" as well.Charming, sophisitcated, hopeless romantic,
    and slightly awkward.XD

PalmArrow wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer , I'm not pregnant but I see nothing wrong with cookies for dinner! :smiley:

I don't see anything wrong with cookies for dinner either, but then again, that's just me. :D This is coming from a guy who eats pizza or steak for breakfast - basically whatever leftovers are in the fridge from the night before. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    edited January 2019
    49818619_228443688079891_1613852820673396736_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=b7265f8830a6e9ca0e120e2a43c0a1dd&oe=5C8B94FE
    "Edward, I asked you and your friends not to come last night" Edward just blinked nervously."I know bu..." He was cut off by Destiny."But I'm so glad you did." "Don't do that to me Destiny.I thought you were gonna be angry with me.I couldn't let you sit alone by yourself at your own party."
    "That's so sweet Edward."

49845067_228443698079890_5763580828281995264_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=c472305b50592eff72d2387b7d29a58d&oe=5C8E9F75
    "Of course Destiny.I care about you.I hope you know that."

50003237_228443724746554_998212045255999488_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=d0117aab0ed8cd21b387ba1edb8a42cd&oe=5CC3758D
    Totally love their facial expressions here.

50026222_228443754746551_7812096786125815808_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=2a77a2fe9e2e72765c8cca4f3aa00247&oe=5CC0F907
    "By the way,Edward.The stairs outside by graveyard, where do they go?" His heart nearly stopped.(that is if he had a heart)
    "No where of importance.Don't go down there." Confused, Destiny just blinked."Why on earth not." "Destiny! Promise me, you won't
    go down there?!" "Alright, Alright.If you feel that strongly Edward." He sighs a sigh of relief."Thank you.I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell."
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    Cont'd pg. 3249
    @kesminlix I didn't even realise that it was two sims lol. Luke looks good with blonde hair.
    @emorrill I clearly need to rewatch Titanic because I don't get the reference :lol:
    Sam and Emma are so romantic being all pressed up close like that. I like it when sims sing in the shower or bath too. See ya Lonnie, I'm sure no one will miss you. That hair is very much so a 'Rachel' cut. Genevieve's pretty! Wish I could say the same about Eunice. Wearing a crown is so not the way to make people like you. That hair suits Astrid's face really well. She's quite pretty once you change her clothes and get rid of the dreaded pigtails. Ella of course is pretty as always. I love that Cinderella dress! It makes me happy to see you get all excited about your new graphics :smile: Jesse looks nice but I'm not a fan of green hair. Of course I remember Edelaine. I hope she gets a happy ending too. That athleti outfit is funny, what's with the gloves and long socks :lol: I think that police outfit comes from TS4, I love the shoulder straps. Awww poor Astrid. I think she was looking to be cheered up and not to be told once again that Ella is prettier than her. I hope Carl and Maya have a baby soon. I look forward to seeing the Vanderburgs again :smile:
    It's good that you got them a security gate. Jesse's taking pictures of what should be a private moment. Francisca is having a ball the karaoke bar. Rebecca's a lil cutie. Firstly, the reflections in the water behind the house look stunning. Secnodly, I don't see too much of a problem with the roof on the front side of the house but I see what you mean about it being too high from the back. It would be amazing to live so close to the water like that. So who's the father of Clyde if Catarina is also sleeping with the butler on the side? Sebastian just knows that he looks good. I like his hair a lot. Jennifer Sato is a really pretty girl! I don't have Hidden Springs but I did a makeover with her for Craven once. Becky looks amazing with that long hair. Oooh yess that new hair is perfect for her! I think I know which pic I mean (it's the only pic I've seen of her). I feel sad when sims just leave babies on the ground. I'm a little creeped out by Fester's eye lol. Aw I love the stretching pictures. I've never given my sims a cat before I don't know why. Sometimes things just work out perfectly, Jared's son becoming a ghost hunter was just meant to be! I have my sound turned off but I might watch that parody video later. Aw Bruce, gone from Emma but never forgotten. Lol what an impracticle choice of sleepwear. Seems like Francisca was a hard nut to crack but one touch of Dennis' hand and she melted. Oh no that would have been so awkward for everyone!
    @Brandontaylor The Multitab is a great way to learn two skills at once. It's never happened to me but I know sims can get caught by police if they make street art outside at night.
    @Springfairy556 A costume party has to be the only time that ghosts can show their true form without scaring people. How did you get the sims to switch between ghost and human form?
    When objects or areas become unroutable it normally means that there's jigs left over. If you go into buy mode you should be able to see and delete them. You may need testingcheats or buydebug on I'm not sure.
    @CravenLestat Ella is so adorable with that cutesy hair. I need to send a sim to university because I have no idea who Ye Gangnam is :open_mouth:
    @Shadow_Assassin Nice update.
    @Nikkei_Simmer Congrats on the bump :smile:
    @LunBeauty Very adorable poses with Violet. My favourite picture is of the parents kissing her cheeks and Dad booping noses with her :heart: That big purple bow is so cute. Looks like she becoming fast friends with Priscilla. Aw with another baby on the way this family of yours is perfect.

pg. 3250
    @LunBeauty I think it's funny when toddlers throw the food on the ground. Deena must be set to only cook Luna's favourite food lol. I'm not pregnant and I always crave Key Lime Pie too haha. Violet's got a bit of a temper I think. Yay the bump has appeared. I love her maternity wear. Living in a purple room isn't a bad thing, it's kind of Violet's birth right so I'm sure she will love for a long time to come. Hahaha I knew it! Did you plan the triplets or was it just a coincidence? Claude needs to become a full time masseur for all the backrubs he owes Luna.
    Welcome to the world Crimson, Fallon and Rae. Poor Crimson needs another brother so he's not the only boy :tongue:
    @Nikkei_Simmer Swollen feet runs genetically in my family... yep sure not looking forward to that :disappointed:
    River's probably thinking the cookies are actually for first dessert.
    @king_of_simcity7 Hana's expression is funny. I thought Darwin and Sarah were smarter than this. That warehouse is clearly either abandoned or has some dodgy people inside. Sarah should ditch him and run for the hills :lol:
    @TinySpaceFox Usually when the game crashes like that it means that it's unexpectedly run out of memory. I know because it's happened to me lots of times. Having a smaller population will definitely help to prevent it from happening. Pets is a huge resource hog, it's sad but true. It's sad the compromises we have to make :frowning:
    @Silverofdreams30 Aw Alex grew up cute. I like the short hair on him. Lol I think we all love that shirt in this thread :lol:
    I don't know what to do about that glitch. Is the option not there to visit?
    I love the poses! Very romantic. Are Luna and Sean going to stay in the house or will you move them out?
    @hejix If Catherine hates the outdoors she should be happy to live in a dungeon lol. She would probably prefer living in the castle though.

pg. 3251
    @bekkasan Haha did Lorelei swim in a stranger's private pool? :lol: Ah dang burnt waffles are no good unless you drench it in toppings. Sorry he's feeling pain. That technology book sounds overwhelming. Her sleepwear isn't the type of thing a normal person would choose when they're living alone, at least I wouldn't! Stuff that, I rate comfiness over everything. A delivery service is perfect for Dwight's abilities at the moment. Maybe some water exercise would help his sore muscles :wink:. That's a bit freaky that the game created a merman seemingly perfect for Lorelei. Or maybe... it's a siren, you know how in mythology they lured sailors to their deaths :open_mouth::flushed: The ocean looks nice with the sun beaming down. Haha Lorelei you can't just walk onto private property even if you think no one lives there, which is wrong of course :lol:
    @PalmArrow Yuck I didn't know that sims could get fleas too. I hope taking a bath got rid of them for good. I don't like when the game changes a sim's hair. He does look pretty good in the vest though. Quite a big crowd came to his party. Now who called the dancer. It looks like she's questioning whether she wants to do this in front of the mayor. As it turns out the mayor is quite the party animal! You can't expect a speech to make sense if the sim's juiced :lol: Sounds like the town will be talking about that party for a long time!
    @hejix Omg that's some road rage! Maybe they had better try driving somewhere less busy next time. It's lucky you can't have accidents in this game :lol:
    @Nikkei_Simmer Those poor paparazzi, you're making me feel sorry for them lol. Although it kind of looks like they're dancing to Thriller :tongue:
    @imdragonit I don't know those books but I like the look of Jane. She looks like a strong lady :smile:
    @MoonandStars83 It sounds like it might have a weak processor but at least you can still play even if it takes longer. I like the first painting, I think its meant to be birds or ducks but I'm not sure. The second painting on the left looks like a sink filled with pink water.
    @mikezumi You also only started Ian and Paul when they were teens so they missed out on some childhood cooking. Sadly Pia's first baking attempt was no good. Jaxon is smart and athletic the perfect catch. It's another blue baby! Hi Jay :smile:
    Wow that's a full set of hair. Jay looks a bit grumpy after aging up lol. Haha another spring rider tantrum. I wonder what life would be like if people liked to dance and watch the stars as much as your sims do, I know people like to do the other thing that your sims do :tongue: It's good to see Connor.
    I hope this attempt at baking goes better for Pia. Cort's a handsome boy. Yay she can eat actually eat her creation this time. Josie wast ed no time lol. I bet they're hungry after their activity. Connor just let himself in lol. I like that Cristopher inherited his mother's white blonde hair. Aw you're not going to stay and watch the show Connor :wink: I don't like my sims getting the stuffed moodlet either.
    The lighting probably helped to make Pia's dress look more orange too :smile:
    Cute, Ian first looks at Pia and then at Jay. He must really love kids :smile:

I need to stop here at Nikkei's update but will come back later :smile:
    @coco
    I use a mod called Disaster & Blessings.One of the options is to temporarily ghostify the sim.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top