Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Really annoyed, I downloaded a medieval sim from the exchange.Turns out to be my king.Someone reuploaded him, didn't even bother editing him, and even left the name, traits and all that the same.

@Springfairy556 That's not nice at all but you could look at it as a compliment that someone liked your sim enough to claim him as their own.
    What has me wondering, though, is why you would download a medieval sim from the exchange. Did you do it to see if he was yours or did you do it to try to get medieval CC?

• MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @Springfairy556 Aaand now I have that creepy Little Red Riding Hood song stuck in my head.
    ****Yay for no more curse.
    ****Poor Ella rarely gets to do her job.
    ****Claire does like her shiny objects.
    ****Poor Claire.
    ****The box that has my Sims 1 & 2 games is buried in my closet somewhere.

@Brandontaylor Congrats to Ava.
    ****Congrats on the baby. Is that a dog in the corner of your one pic?

@CravenLestat Lovely build.
    ****rec'd all

@afai1261 Great pics.

@king_of_simcity7 Gareth is friends with Warren. I don't see that ending well.
    ****Definitely getting Warren vibes from Gareth.

@Mikezumi Thanks. That's the first time I've had to happen to one of my TVs as well.
    ****I don't think I've seen one of my Emperors of Evil glow before.
    ****Looks like your Sim is coming along nicely. Also, in response to @coco I've heard nothing but good things about him. Everything I've read says how personable he is.

@Nikkei_Simmer Great update. Looks like everyone's getting along well so far.
    ****Sorry about your technological woes.

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you.
    ****Great start to your save.

@PalmArrow Glad to know you're still with us. Hopefully you get in the gaming mood again soon.

@TinySpaceFox That was too funny. Sounded like something out of My Immortal.

@bekkasan Hope they make it in time.
    ****Congrats on getting the curse lifted.

@meerkattime Thank you.

@KatNip Congrats on the vow renewal (though not on the circumstances that made it necessary).

@ZhakiraP Did you do that on purpose, or was it a grand coincidence?

@coco Great update. The puppy is cute.

@polrbear I do not know how to do that. Lovely family, though.

@Karritz Great update.

@FrigidChick Seems like a typical Sim parent to me.

@emorrill Good luck with your build.

@Puddinroy *hugs* Feel better.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Friday I was with Shields'. Abel aged up to toddler. I'm going to wait until he's a child before I test whether the glitch with the mod was a one-time thing, or if it's something about these two types of Supernatural. I also got a fog emitter to work. I have a pic of the effects from the Spellbook from the store, as well as a few others.
    eCz5Qzk.jpg
    q9JK1C7.jpg
    5zHsJ4n.jpg
    5zHsJ4n.jpg

Saturday I was with the Drakes. Enid aged up to teen. Her mouth is a little big for her face, but that may even itself out after she ages to YA. I have a CAS pic of her.
    qgbgw33.jpg

Last night I was with the Raynor/Bairds. Alison started showing, and Celia (I think) aged up to teen. I took a CAS pic of her as well, but I forgot to upload it to Imgur, so I'll show it to you tomorrow.

Happy Simming, all!
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited November 2018
    @Mikezumi
    What's wrong with downloading sims from the exchange? Almost all my neighbor's are exchange sims.I don't enjoy creating sims.I'm not good at it.I created my household because they're my main characters.Everyone else is all exchange sims.I downloaded the household to place in one of the empty lots.
    @Springfairy556 I hope you check the sims thoroughly before you use them. Exchange sims are notorious for introducing unwelcome or bad CC into games.
    edited November 2018
    @Mikezumi
    I use Custard, CC cleaner and CC magic to check.
    I run a save cleaner daily, and uninstall items I don't particularly need.
    I just don't enjoy creating my own sims, and only did so with my main characters for my story.
    I never like how they turn out.

Edit: I also have a backup of my sims 3 folder, so if anything goes wrong, I just overwrite everything.XD
    I've had too many issues.And I finally have my game running well.Don't wanna risk losing it lol.=) Thank you for making sure I check though!
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Out with people from work
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @Springfairy556 It makes me happy to read that you check your sims :) A lot of people don't and then wonder how bad stuff gets into their game.
    Making sims is not everyone's cup of tea. You obviously enjoy (and are good at) writing stories whereas I can't write worth a poop :D but I do love making sims :)
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Replies and Feedback, starting at the middle of page: 3128

@Springfairy556 I can understand having "one of those days." <3 That was SO sweet that the "King" gave you a rose and chose to fight in your honor. :blush:
    Yes, your Medieval story has been inspiring! :star:
    I haven't had any luck finding toddler medieval clothes either, especially for boys. :(
    ----
    Watching the guys practicing is hott! :love:
    It's wonderful that Claire (and William) want to teach Cedirc life skills over having Ella do it. (Although I think I would be one where I'd do half the training and the servant does the other half. :lol:;) )
    ----
    OMGosh LOL! At Cedric wandering off! :lol: So accurate!
    45838390_190872635170330_5573217290628890624_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=88e866ea9becc4770aec0ef5520cb646&oe=5C724AC9
    ----
    *Gasp* :astonished: Claire's mom was killed!? I wasn't expecting that!
    Oh gosh Claire is it that hard to TELL William where you're taking off to!? :unamused::p (But my guess is she was so shocked by the news she couldn't speak...)
    OMGosh the way you staged this! :open_mouth: Brilliant! :star:
    45856151_191218208469106_2499421652010401792_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=e8b0a90b6d700bdbff79f76ee99beaa1&oe=5C84E0E4
    Aww, so heart-wrenching. :cry: And you captured Claire's pain and sorrow so beautifully.
    ----
    I re-downloaded Sims 2 a couple of months back and it was SO much fun to play! Oh the nostalgia! <3 I miss SO much from that game!
    ----
    Someone re-uploaded your William and claimed him as their own? :confused: That would upset me too if I were you. However Mikezumi does make a good point which provides some comfort about it.
    Cute update here with them riding together again. <3 I like William's new cloak with the arrow sheath. ;)
    ----
    Glad to hear you check on your CC and sims you download from the Exchange and stuff. :blush: I don't always like to create sims either, but I prefer it over building! I'll look for pre-built homes ANY day! :lol:

@CravenLestat Thanks for clarifying which beach you placed the house on. :) I gotta remember that spot...
    Oooh! Very nice new patterns! :star:
    Awesome recreation of the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Caravan. :) The interior looks fab!

@lisasc360 I figured Donny was modeled after your husband. ;)
    Good for your SS to finish her studies at Uni before more kids come along...which I'd done that... *sigh*
    Thanks for the reply. <3

@Silverofdreams30 Ohhhh yes, I was a little disappointed to find Praaven unpopulated, but...I guess it makes sense so that you can fully create your own Medieval sims to place there. But yeah it will take TONS of time to populate! Good luck lady! :p:kissing_heart: I'll be in the same boat someday. ;)
    ----
    Why does Bianca have clothes on in the bath? Wait...that's the hot tub not a bathtub! :confounded: Silly emorrill!
    I think bath houses were mainly used in those days because not everyone could afford that luxury in their home and the town didn't want a bunch of stinky people running around. ;):lol:
    That's not an animated fire up there atop the lighthouse? :confused: Either way it's awesome looking!!
    Poor horses. :(

@TinySpaceFox Hey there! :smiley: Nice to see you pop in! Many of us miss you! <3
    I bet you can't WAIT for finals to be over huh? ;) I know you'll do great on them! :star:
    Your new Avi pic with Martin and the "shower in a can" is cute! :blush:

@bekkasan Gotta admit I squealed a tiny bit when I saw you had an update posted. :mrgreen:
    Part 3:
    Rafe watching over Seth <3 while the poor guy writhes in pain. :cry:
    (He does look very sexy getting up from bed there where we can see his lovely chest. :love: Sorry! :p )
    Heck yeah Rafe will save Seth no matter what the cost! :star: I love the way you wrote about his love for and devotion to his friend. <3 And I agree, Shea can't lose him (not after they JUST got married! :cry: ) and all children need a father.
    This stare down. :lol:
    45102419584_f775113bba_b.jpg
    Seth is like, "Don't even think about it my friend..." :lol:
    Then Rafe be like, "What thought?" :p
    Ahhhh! You left it on a cliffhanger! :grimace: Well, sort of. ;)
    ----
    Part 4:
    Yes! Please be careful Seth! (Oh please oh please let him make it! Let him be cured!! )
    The Sentinel! :open_mouth:
    Oh my goodness this is all so beautifully written lady! <3
    I love that Seth's last name is Armor. :smirk:
    YAY! He's cured!! :star: Oh thank goodness! :relieved:
    Gorgeous capture here:
    44743394104_5ba023798c_b.jpg
    I almost want to have a sim try out the Sphinx! :smiley: Can they only get in if they are cursed though?
    Rafe's "Done what?" look! :lol: I love it!
    Aww, such love between two very good friends. <3 The dialogue was great!
    And you showed a pic of the happy and relieved wives back home! <3 That was a nice ending touch.
    Awesome chapter lady! :star: Awesome, awesome!!!

@coco 6 weeks until Christmas!? Wow! :open_mouth: Time flies by WAY too fast the older you get!
    It's funny to hear you say that about Jason Momoa because when he visited at the Comic Con here in Salt Lake, everyone on the FB page RAVED about how kind, nice, caring, and lovely was! He allowed them to do all sorts of silly poses with him. Maybe he was having a bad day or something when he was at your con?? :confused: Who knows...sad for his fans over there. :pensive:
    ----
    I'm so happy to hear you got in some good play time (and I was texting you at the same time. :p For a little bit anyway...)
    Jem does not look amused to be going to school for the first time. :lol:
    Cute puppy! <3
    OMGosh THIS picture! <3 (Be still my heart!)
    TS3-W-2018-11-11-19-36-38-44.png
    Aww, and him hugging little Artis! <3
    Those are the looks of deep love between Sun and Saville. <3<3
    I hope their next child is a girl! :blush:
    Beautiful pictures as always. :star:

@meerkattime Thanks. :blush: I didn't expect Dwight to come out as hott as he did. :love:
    What kind of Sim things did you download? :p

@Karritz Have fun doing your videos. :)
    I'm curious, how long does it take to put together one?

@ZhakiraP Synchronized yawning. Awesome! :lol:

@Nikkei_Simmer Your Veteran's Day video... :star: A beautiful tribute!
    God bless our Soldiers! <3

@King_of_simcity7 Nice updates. :)

Now I can go take pictures of the home I built! :mrgreen:
    (Well, after welcoming daughter home and getting her a snack and stuff. ;) )

Keep on posting my friends and Happy Simming! <3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited November 2018
    @Silverofdreams30, that's a shame about the plots :open_mouth: It is always nice to have lots of empty ones :3

@MoonandStars83, oops no, not Ariel's room. I just like lamps :3 I like to change the colours of the light; flame is my favourite because it gives a nice, warm glow :)

@TadOlson, that is a good idea :3

@emorrill, hehe, thanks ;) I love MLP cc :smiley:
    How's it going buddy :3 Have you got your car back yet?

@bekkasan, hi there buddy :smiley:

I keep falling behind so I'm going to take a bit of a break from here. I'll still pop on now and then to say hi and give awesomes though :3
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    edited November 2018
    @Puddinroy thank you. I'm sorry you've not been well. I hope you feel better soon.

@MoonandStars83 thanks. Congratulations on the Spell Book fog emitter. Try fire. :)
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,765 Member
    edited November 2018
    @bekkasan Your welcome

@Nikkei_Simmer I love the Veteran's Day video you made. You did a very good job.

@MoonandStars83 Yeah, it's a dog. Not sure who's though.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer I like the Simmy White House at the end.Where is your Trump sim :grimace:

It would probably appear to be more like the "Washington Capitol building." (with the roundel). ;)

As far as the absence of Trump is concerned, I wanted to keep it about the veterans and their sacrifice and JAG characters paying acknowledgement at the Cenotaph.

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @Brandontaylor -I've been playing my apocalypse challenge again and they'll have work in my next session.
    @I don't have that much time to play though my game loads insanely fast and I can play live mode for a day in 15 minutes.I'm actually growing it out because I got stuck with it being kept way too short for too long and I really hate that.I love how Logan turned out and it's almost ready for live play.
    @Springfairy556 -Great update!Have fun!I love TS2 a lot.
    @FrigidChick -That's the kind of parent who would get their baby taken away by my playable social workers.
    @Puddinroy -Thanks for the comment.
    @lisasc360 -I've used FF to speed my game through the day at times and it's never frozen or crashed from that except when my fan was dying and I had to send the computer out to the repair shop for a new fan.
    @TinySpaceFox -Hi there!
    @Nikkei_Simmer -That's why I always make sure to use pen and paper to write down any E-Mails or passwords for anything so I don't forget and can look it up if I do forget it.Great pictures!
    @bekkasan -Great update!
    @Mikezumi -Great pictures!
    @coco -I had a grat weekend with my game as it's fall in SSV2.Great update!
    @polrbear -Great update!
    @king_of_simcity7 -Great update!
    @Silverofdreams30 -Great update!I make my sims take sponge bathes.
    @CravenLestat -Great pictures!
    @meerkattime -They fianlly got the house up just before the first day of fall arrived and are expanding it for the winter though it will take a while to make it much bigger.
    @KatNip -Great pictures!
    @ZhakiraP -Great picture!
    @MoonandStars83 -Great update!
    @plushtrap_107 -I've made it to fall in my game and they're getting ready for winter before it arrives now.
    @Simsophonique -None of my sims are pregnant in my apsocalypse challenge because they're not ready and still have a house to build.
    @Karritz -I've had to get my sims to take jobs and get ready for winter.It sounds like you had some work in your game.
    Here's my notification of story progression being on.The Jankowskys are obviously into fall and preparing for winter now as shown in the picture.
    31972788308_6898428527_b.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    @Puddinroy Nope...my car is still waiting for the part on backorder. :unamused:
    I contacted the guy and told them to start my car every now and again with this cold weather approaching.
    Honestly I don't know when the stupid part will come in and Toyota can keep paying $1000 a month for my rental car. I'm not losing any money...
    Anyhoo. :p

Alrighty my friends. :)

Here is the first house I've built on the Sims in a LONG time! (Because as many of you know, I am not the building type of Simmer. ;) )

It was inspired by a home I drove by a few months ago and it was unique looking enough that I thought, "Huh. I wonder if I could recreate that in the sims." :blush:

I've been working on it on and off for the past few months and finally decided to put all the finishing touches on it to finish it in these last couple of days. (That's what's been occupying my free time lately). :)

So, without futher adieu, here is my Best Casa 2018! :star:

My-Best-Casa-18-1.jpg
    (Please ignore the gridlines as I haven't moved anyone in yet...)

I think I may lower the roof a bit, but here's some side pictures. :)

Carport side:

My-Best-Casa-18-2.jpg

Other side:

My-Best-Casa-18-3.jpg

Backyard:

My-Best-Casa-18-4.jpg

As you can see the home is built somewhat around a little hill. ;) I tried to soften the terrain the best I could to make the front door accessible to sims. (I really need to play test it! :grimace: )
    I just LOVE this hill in the front idea!

My-Best-Casa-18-15.jpg

Let's take a look inside shall we? :blush:

The first floor:

My-Best-Casa-18-5.jpg

You walk into the Living Room/Sitting area. :) There's a half bathroom off to the left and the stairs and kitchen are off to the Right. A covered porch is connected to the kitchen for outdoor dining, but if the weather is bad there's always the bar to sit at. :p

Close up of the kitchen:

My-Best-Casa-18-6.jpg
    <3

I'm really rather proud of this kitchen. ;) Do want!!

Let's head on upstairs. :)

Here you will find the Master Bedroom with a Master Bath.

My-Best-Casa-18-7.jpg

I HAVE to show you guys the closet I created!!! :mrgreen:

My-Best-Casa-18-16.jpg

:smiley:

Granted it's got "move objects on" written all over it so it's not functional, but...it sure looks pretty. :blush:

Alright, let's head back downstairs to the first floor, and now head downstairs again, to the "basement."

My-Best-Casa-18-8.jpg

Here you have the Family Room, laundry nook, second bedroom with bathroom, and access to the backyard. :) (There's an all in one bathroom in-between the wall and stairs there for people who are just coming out of the pool to wash up in. :blush:

Angled view:

My-Best-Casa-18-9.jpg

Flip side:

My-Best-Casa-18-10.jpg

Out back there is a pool, kids play area, a pergola, and BBQ area. :)

The view from the pergola is beautiful. <3

My-Best-Casa-18-11.jpg

I like how I added these two windows on the sides of that roof. :)

My-Best-Casa-18-14.jpg

Anyway, here's a couple of nighttime shots:

My-Best-Casa-18-12.jpg

With the stars overhead. :star:

My-Best-Casa-18-13.jpg

So...what do you all think? :) I'm pretty proud of it. :blush:

Unfortunately it's a little on the small side...I was only able to make it a 2 bed, 2 1/2 bath home (to get it to look like the real house I saw) but regardless, I am happy with it.

Hope you enjoyed and Happy Simming my friends! :)

52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    @emorrill
    I love it! Its so cute!
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,765 Member
    edited November 2018
    Quick update for now. I may have another later tonight.

This is Jayson holding his daughter, Carrie.

K8dkcbs.jpg

The adults went on a free vacation, leaving Brittany alone with Carrie. But Brittany called a babysitter so she could go to school. The babysitter decided to swim instead of taking care of Carrie.

3X9Ax51.jpg

As it was also Carrie's birthday, Brittany had to take her to the cake after relieving the inept babysitter.

SeHXeLX.jpg

Carrie immediately went to play the xylophone. But instead of playing, I think she spent more time chewing on the mallet than anything.

oHb8j7L.jpg

Aunt Brittany decided to teach Carrie how to talk.

MTBVqr2.jpg

And that is it for now. In the next update, Brittany gets a new friend who becomes very helpful to the family.

• CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited November 2018
    @emorrill No air conditioned basement dungeon with escape proof holding cells and temperature controlled sweat shop.I thought you said you were building a house :# But I guess it's alright

<3

PS: In build mode hit terrain paint before taking your screenshots it removes the grid map.

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • cocococo Posts: 2,722 Member
    Thanks for all the comments, you guys are the best :smiley:

@polrbear Hey there, I'm not too sure unfortunately. There may be someone in the tech section that knows. All I do know is that there are different programs you can use. I'm not sure what graphic card you use but if NVIDIA Control Panel doesn't work the other option might be RivaTuner. I've never used it but it might have a setting on there that works in windowed mode.
    It's such a nice feeling to spin the camera around without any lag isn't it? It sounds like your new computer has given the game a new lease of life for you. I felt the same when I got mine last year. Ugh yeah I fully agree with you about the lack of textures in TS4.
    I love those poses with Sarah and Jenny. Sarah looks so blissfully happy. You're such a master at decorating. I love your new house! Rhea is such a little cutie :smile:
    @king_of_simcity7 Shelly should be careful about believing what Gareth says. I hope she changes her mind about meeting up with him. Gareth strikes me as not a very nice person.
    If Dan and Gareth are both interested in Shelly there will be problems.
    @Nikkei_Simmer Lovely video. I liked the smooth zoom ins. Do you mean to say that you have been working on this since December last year?
    @Mikezumi Take what I said about Jason Momoa with a grain of salt. It was all just hearsay as I've never met him in person.
    Thanks for all your lovely comments. I feel a bit silly admitting that planning plot and story stresses me out. I much prefer to just play and let the story form naturally. I've missed seeing your usual gameplay pictures. Are you still playing with Paul and Ian? :smile:
    @bekkasan I don't think Jem is a morning person, his expression is a lot like me when I get up too :lol:. Hopefully they will all love each other although I'm nervous about Artie's inappropriate trait. Yes I really want them to have a girl! Both boys look a lot like Sun but I'd love to see how the genetics would look on a girl. I prefer letting baby genders be randomized now as it's more exciting and lifelike that way. That means no fruit :smile:
    @Springfairy556 Thanks! Yes I did build it. I showed my building progress probably a couple months ago now. You're very sweet :blush:
    Oh whaaaat! Who is the user that copied your sim? I'm sorry this happened to you. Someone must have liked William a lot to have done this. Poor Claire. Grieving a mother must be hard, and she didn't even get to know her for that long. At least she was able to spend some quality time with her before. William loves giving his lady a dip kiss lol. Haha William copied one of Claire's distraction techniques. I guess he won the race that day :smile:
    @CravenLestat You did it. Looks amazing! It seems the bedroom and the kitchen are all one room. Is there a bathroom in the house too?
    @Silverofdreams30 I didn't mean to say that Bianca was Luna, I know she's a new sim :tongue: Thank you. Hopefully the cleaning doesn't take too long :smile:
    @Karritz Eric's family is huge. I'm amazed by the amount of siblings he has. It's a big contrast to Oscar not knowing anyone. Percy and Lorna's age gap is interesting. It would be sad for her to die as Percy obviously loves her and wants to have children with her. Lorna looked very happy about being young again. I'm sad to read that they became terrible parents after having kids. I like the idea of Eric and Oscar exploring all the worlds. Sounds like it will be a fun thing to play all your other households too :smile:
    @Simsophonique I hope you feel better soon :smile:
    @Springfairy556 Have fun revisiting TS2! Finding good cc must be a lot harder now.
    @meerkattime Thanks! Yep it's the same dog. When Jeremiah wished to become a Forensic DNA Profiler it was just too perfect and that's when the name stuck. I love capturing subtle sim expressions thank you :smile:
    @FrigidChick Congrats on the new baby. Oh. Alexia seems more interested in the new guy than her newly born baby :lol:
    @emorrill I'd love to see this new house of yours when you have time :smile:

pg. 3132
    @Puddinroy Thank you, sorry you're not feeling well I hope you get better soon :smile:
    @MoonandStars83 Thank you. Great pictures. It looks like little ghosts coming from the fog emitter. I think Enid looks fine now but she will probably make a beautiful YA.
    @emorrill Yeah 6 weeks sounds so scary! Last weekend we had our yearly Christmas pageant here and that's the day that everyone is supposed to put up their tree. I'm not ready yet :lol:
    From what I heard Jason was a bit of a diva when he visited here, but like I told Mikezumi it was just gossip and I've never met him in person so I don't know what to believe.
    It was your texting that made me turn on the game so thank you for that! :heart:
    Thank you I really love that picture too. I hope they have a girl next but I will leave it up to chance just like real life :smile:
    ---
    It might be hard for you to go back to your normal car after getting used to the nice rental for so long!
    Oh wow that house looks amazing! I love how it's built on a house. I hope sims are able to walk up that slope okay. The shelter over the driveway is great, I should definitely put something like that in Saville and Sun's house. I love that wooden frame in the backyard over the fire. Cool there's even room for a pool and playground. This would make a lovely family home. The wooden flooring is beautiful. Gorgeous kitchen, I wish I had that in real life haha. Ooh nice closet clutter. It's not functional but definitely looks real. I love that you also put an arch there. Oh wow I didn't realise there was a basement. I wonder how you were able to build this. Did you just start placing walls on top of the hill and it allowed you to build a basement? Oh yes the pergola is what I meant before. It's stunning! You should be very proud. It's not easy to build houses but you look like a pro :smiley:
    @Brandontaylor I hope the adults come back from the free vacation without any issues. The babysitter is slacking off. Carrie is a very adorable toddler. I hope that xylophone mallet is tasty lol.
    @emorrill
    --Fantine's death was a randomly planned death.
    --Yeah, Claire was completely shocked, that's why she couldn't say anything.
    --I love watching the guys practice to.XD
    --Yep, I was completely embarrassed
    by getting a rose.But it was so much fun!

@Mikezumi
    --Thanks for the nice comments on my writing.I think you do a great job with your sims!
    @coco Thank you :) I am still playing Paul and Ian but barely taking any pics. It's just pure fun play with no thinking about capturing good expressions and the like. Besides it would be pretty boring to document since they are mostly at school or part time jobs while I build up their skills and money until they can afford to move into a better house. I mostly just wanted to set them up for a future save when I will play them grown up. The first generation of a save always is at a disadvantage because they start at YA without the skills, etc., that my second generation sims would have who have been played since birth.
    It doesn't really matter to me what Jason is like as a person as he is about a billion miles away from what I consider to be attractive in a man :D

@Springfairy556 Thank you :) We all have our strengths :)
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    edited November 2018
    coco wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer Lovely video. I liked the smooth zoom ins. Do you mean to say that you have been working on this since December last year?

@coco, Oops...DID I write December? :facepalm: My brain must have had an Error 404. I meant November 10, 2018. :D I started this video on November 10th...worked on it all the way through November 11th, once I'd straightened out the computer mess with OneDrive, and got it uploaded at early morning this morning. (completely missed November 11th, though) :(

The "smooth" zoom-ins were "by hand". I haven't gotten the hang of the EA camera zoom and pan controls for video capture.

GYZ6Ak9.png
  • cocococo Posts: 2,722 Member
    @mikezumi I look forward to seeing the boys grown up :smile:
    @Nikkei_Simmer I assumed you meant November but just wanted to be sure. Working on it for nearly a whole year would have been really impressive :lol:
    Zooming and dragging the camera can be a pain when filming. I just found this machinima tutorial if you're interested. I had no idea but it seems that you can set up perimeters in game so the camera can transition from one spot to another smoothly.
    http://modthesims.info/t/440657
    edited November 2018
    coco wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer I assumed you meant November but just wanted to be sure. Working on it for nearly a whole year would have been really impressive :lol:
    Zooming and dragging the camera can be a pain when filming. I just found this machinima tutorial if you're interested. I had no idea but it seems that you can set up perimeters in game so the camera can transition from one spot to another smoothly.
    http://modthesims.info/t/440657

@coco, Working on something like that for a year...hmmm... I think I could probably do a "Season 11, JAG series" in Sims 3, if I worked on it for a full year. :D Of course, I'd probably have to pull ALL my CC with the exception of CAS folder, Military, and My CC (to free up enough for the 32bit system to not get a burr up its behind and start lagging like crazy), get a 4TB hard-drive just for the video captures. Hmmm...am I crazy enough to do it? :D Maybe... But for me, writing the scripts and getting all the CC done correctly, would be the problem...I'm slow as heck when it comes to writing.

64084272-marine-s-hat-or-naval-cap-with-a-visor-on-white-background-3d-illustration.jpg including the proper variants.

JAGVeteransDay2.jpg

JAGVeteransDay3.jpg

The Sims 3 cap badge just wouldn't "cut the mustard" with a "webisode"

And considering the fact that there are so many uniforms...etc etc. in the US military, plus in all the variants of the supporting countries' military forces, I'd drive myself absolutely crazy trying to film a season of that show in Sims 3 form. :D

That's not counting the fact that I would have to learn how to do digital meshing myself since I don't think there are any content creators currently that would be interested in tackling my subject matter. :D

The Cenotaph was supposed to be located at the headquarters of a military base, so hence the reason why there were military aircraft and a helicopter as "gate-guards". I would have liked to have used Carlos' Felip Pedro's F-14 mesh but he's got it raised up to "be on an aircraft carrier and I'm wondering if OMSP has the ability to lower an object to ground level by taking the object's base UNDER ground.

Thanks, I'll take a look at that as soon as my brain stops feeling like it's going to Error 404 me. :D I'd like to try some looping transitions, like how some camera operators with the Steadicam rig do.

If at any point I may feel brave enough to tackle meshing (y'know, I'm getting old (no offence intended) - I'm in my late 40s and my brain don't work so quick anymore with learning new stuff - especially stuff as complicated as digital computer whiz-bangery) I might try by taking the current male officers cap and de-meshing the Sims Military cap badge and adjusting it to a US Navy cap badge...and that might be a start and if I can get that one right, I'll copy it and add the "scrambled eggs mesh to create a authentic Navy Captain/Commander's cap

JAGVeteransDay3.jpg
    Two Captains wearing the Sims version of the Navy Commander/Captain's cap. :D

and a Sim Navy Admiral's cap.

JAGVeteransDay2.jpg

I think you all remember when I went slightly bats-in-the-belfry creating these. There are slight differences in the embroidery.

Not to mention the fact that I would have to start meshing the USMC caps in THEIR variants including different styles for female and male. Authenticity is for the birds and I've gone completely cuckoo.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    46165080_191986148392312_7972842615852761088_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=5c982bf58ee9ec881d2c90370d0f0ea8&oe=5C7ECE02
    The wild horses apparently enjoyed their company, giving Claire and William a breathtaking show.

46164870_191986145058979_1565654564533698560_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=24134cce85bc0a62e0ac9f4d5b0bed18&oe=5C3C13E8
    Wild Horse: Neighs, can I have that apple?
    They especially loved Claire for some particular reason and wouldn't stop following her.

46101243_191986158392311_1345693642739679232_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=6707e8754d7edb832679feae77f03da7&oe=5C697473
    Just a random shot that I liked.Claire on one side, William on the other.

46174854_191986228392304_2632713501025501184_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=8b7bc1514dc3515af1cfa73101d2f9a3&oe=5C7B7DA6
    Claire: Oh a seed?! Don't mind if I do.

46123712_191986208392306_4111074629089492992_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=465ae357782e31800fc15d9d490082a3&oe=5C724633
    Just a little romance before heading home.

the next morning....

46208356_191986331725627_105474952156676096_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=32a2042b51904a50c940b6ed35eae4c5&oe=5C800883
    William: Happy love day Claire!

46045282_191986295058964_8869632714970497024_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=a23fdd1a2930d0c53b7a1ed102831ff5&oe=5C75ABFB
    Claire: Aww, they're beautiful.You didn't have to.

46164368_191986311725629_3794512230586777600_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=513adec897c09a5f7f7251d55c35d3ed&oe=5C6A5329
    Cedric just playing with some blocks.Not much for a toddler to do.

46180135_191986378392289_2425677639063699456_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=977c0d38591e6e8a2837b465d1d70fe3&oe=5C8A7428
    Claire: Cedric, please stop crying...Would you mind putting that book down and helping me.
    William: You're doing a fine job on your own.
    Claire: Thanks for that.-rolls eyes-

46121220_191989178392009_1814660224141754368_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=dac078e7a2a4935615016e0bc7af7809&oe=5C848A73
    After Cedric was through with his temper tantrum.Claire and William headed to the beach.

46043936_191989171725343_4377340877496909824_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=9bbe60e98cfe5fa24a076ef36151810d&oe=5C67FB78
    Of course it started raining and they headed home...But Claire, as always, got distracted.

46043939_191989238392003_66564786132877312_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=6a8602e38f279a9859f4387707c24a78&oe=5C7A83AA
    William: Claire, I'm getting soaked.
    Claire: Just a minute...Don't mind if I do.
    William: I'm standing in thunder and lightning so you can pick random seeds?
    Claire: Is there a problem with that?
    William: Yes...I'm getting soaked.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top