Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @lanlyn I used to play slot machines years ago, but nothing for about 20 years. I think parenthood has made me realize that throwing away money that could better be spent on family is a silly thing.
    Thanks - I am very happy with Hankin and Ebba :D
    I have also been having lots of problems with the forum. Pages won't load, error messages when I try to like or awesome, and double posting.

@Emily4331 Handsome sim! :)
    I don't use Chrome and have never tried to access lisasc360's page. I just did it now using Firefox and had no problem.

@OriginalMara I am pretty sure you can only copy the whole lot. You can place the small house on a larger lot but the house placement will be strange but, as you say, you cannot do it the other way around. Perhaps someone else knows something I don't. Good luck!

@emorrill Thanks :D And thank you also for sharing the pics of the toddler hairs :) I like the front of the flipped out curls but not the back which is a pity because it is probably the only hair I like out of the lot as the others are more hair than I would like to see on a toddler.

@CravenLestat Such a pretty blue fairy :D

• Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    edited February 2017
    That's just really weird as someone else was trying to post on my wall a few weeks ago and was getting a warning also. Maybe someone should send SimGuruDrake about the issue to see if it's something with the site. I'm using Internet Explorer as my browser... :/

Edit to say that if someone can get a picture of what is going on and send Drake a picture so that she can see proof of it just in case she isn't getting any type of error trying to access my page.
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @lanlyn Interesting. I had Sucuri scan her page. No malware, but I mean it wasn't a malware warning.

@lisasc360 Did you use a website to create your avatar? The warning is specifically about a website which I am not going to link, clearly, mobavatar or something like that. Suspected to be a phishing site. Basically, presented as trustworthy and yet steals information from visitors. It makes me nervous just having the big red webpage with the warning even though Chrome is blocking the site. :lol: So that's all I got out of it before I closed it out.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    That's just really weird as someone else was trying to post on my wall a few weeks ago and was getting a warning also. Maybe someone should send SimGuruDrake about the issue to see if it's something with the site. I'm using Internet Explorer as my browser... :/

Edit to say that if someone can get a picture of what is going on and send Drake a picture so that she can see proof of it just in case she isn't getting any type of error trying to access my page.

I'll message SimGuruDrake my findings and I'll let you know what I get back.

@Mikezumi Thank you! It wouldn't show up on Firefox as this a Chrome-specific safe browsing function. I'd imagine no other web browsers would display a warning unless you were running a plugin that's purpose is to scan webpages before you go on them.
    Post edited by Emily4331 on
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    @Emily4331, no I didn't use any website to create my avatar as I had used one from my PC from my screenshots folder.

Thank you. I would like to know what is going on with my page.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    @lisasc360 Hmm...Well I'm going to message SimGuruDrake these details and we'll see what's going on there. I can access everyone else's profiles, it seems.

I messaged Drake, so hopefully we'll get a response soon.

During the message, I went ahead and ran that mobavatar site through google transparency report and it is, indeed, a phishing website. Site status came up as dangerous.
  • Options
    SophieSims92SophieSims92 Posts: 93 Member
    My mom had triplets! The couple had moved into the apartment with the higher chance of twins trait so I was originally hoping for twins but it turned out to be triplets! Two girls and one boy, Geeta (named after the moms good friend) Mandy, and Tommy! The parents Jessica and Arthur are so delighted!
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    This is just weird as I just got into the Google Chrome that I had to install last year and was able to click on my avatar and was able to gain access to my page without any issues. I installed Google Chrome last year right after someone had hacked into some sites that disrupted sites here in the USA and overseas.

And what's weird is that I just typed this out and hit "Post Comment" and the comment didn't show up.
  • Options
    SophieSims92SophieSims92 Posts: 93 Member
    wow I just realized this is a Sims 3 thread. Im playing the Sims 4 :/ Sorry dont know that happened XD Probably wasn't paying attention
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    @lisasc360 I agree that it is super weird. If you are able to look at your profile page, can you test for me and see if anything on it (posts, pictures, etc) link to that mobavatar site?

For your safety, don't click on those links, just scroll over them and in the bottom left of your browser it will say the url that they go to.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @mycami21

I had SO much fun beefing up your SS's house on my game. :smiley: It needed some tweaking, so...here it is (plus a few other things :) ). I hope it will be to your liking.

Your house is one I downloaded from somewhere a while ago. It's called "The Little Cottage on the Hill." It's SUPER cute and it's the same house I used as Fluttershy's cottage in my Ponyville world. <3 Anyway, here's what it looks like in Hidden Springs.

Cami_Kat_1.jpg

Girl you sure got a nice view of that waterfall. :open_mouth::love:

Cami_Kat_2.jpg

Alrighty so let's step inside....

Here's a general view of the first floor.

Cami_Kat_3.jpg
    Cute right? ;) It just needs a little tweaking to make it look perfect. I'll get to that.

Now a general view of the 2nd floor:

Cami_Kat_4.jpg

Ok, starting with the first floor. The biggest thing that needed changing was the kitchen. It felt crammed with that bar there, so...I took it away and created a more open feel. :) Then I added cabinets and odds and ends.

Cami_Kat_6.jpg

And, just real quick here: I absolutely LOVE the Salt and Pepper caddy from ATS! I use it in EVERY SINGLE sim home I build or beef up. :grin: One of the BEST odds and ends CC out there.

Cami_Kat_5.jpg

Ok, back to the remodeling. ;)
    I added some cat beds and accessories downstairs (because of course you'll be getting a cat or two ;) ) and also added a computer to the small spare room because...there was nothing else in there and...it needed something... BAM! Computer room! :lol:

On to the upstairs.

...It doesn't have a bathroom up here...

Nope, that just won't do. Realistically there would be one up there so I found a way to add one.

Such WASTED space there in the hallway above the stairs, with railing that looks down to the floor below. Not needed! So I created a 4x4 bathroom.

Cami_Kat_7.jpg
    Now, you might ask: How would you fit a shower in there? Just wait and see... ;)

I am about to present to you another custom item that is one of the BEST out there in the Sim universe! :star:
    You know that Corner Shower? Base game? It's not really a corner shower now is it because it requires TWO tiles for the sim to get in.

Well, let me present to you the CUSTOM corner shower that's only ONE tile AND...the Sim enters it properly in the MIDDLE!
    See the knob on the shower door in this pic?

Cami_Kat_8.jpg
    Yeah, that middle part is actually the door (like it was always supposed to be) and that's where your sim enters. :mrgreen:

You can place a toilet and sink on either side and the sim will still get in the shower! Sweet huh!?
    That's how you can create a complete bathroom in 4x4!

Cami_Kat_9.jpg
    (Oh and I also LOVE my Wrap Around Toilet Rug. :grin: )

Aerial view of the new bathroom here:

Cami_Kat_10.jpg
    SO pretty! Eh, Cami? :)

Ok, moving on. There wasn't really any room for a TV downstairs (and I kind of wanted to keep it as a sitting room, reading area anyway) so, since Cami is the only one living here at the moment I converted the largest spare bedroom into a TV room. :)

Here's how it looked BEFORE with all the beds taken out:
    Cami_Kat_11.jpg

And AFTER:
    Cami_Kat_12.jpg
    :)

The other spare room came with a crib...who knows Cami...you always gotta be prepared for a baby. :lol: (I'll make sure you get married first ;) )

Cami_Kat_13.jpg
    (It ridiculous all the awnings that I had to remove from INSIDE of this house, but...the one above the crib looked cute so I kept it)

Also, for fun, I thought I would change up the patterns on the bed and changing table since @Charlottesmom is just so awesome at creating them. ;)

Cami_Kat_14.jpg
    I dunno if I'll stick with this look, but it's good for now. :) That little alcove was the PERFECT spot to place a toy box!

Anyway, here is what your room looks like Cami:

Cami_Kat_15.jpg

I'll let you decide if you want me to ditch the awning and give your SS a better bed. :) Maybe a different wallpaper design? You name it!

I did give you a nice mirror in the corner of the room:
    Cami_Kat_16.jpg

and placed some cute kitty pictures on the wall. :blush:
    Cami_Kat_17.jpg

Yay or Nay on the Tiger picture?
    Cami_Kat_18.jpg
    (You can be honest, I won't get offended. ;) )

I decided to give you some chickens and a car (sorry the sloppy jalopy was all she could afford)
    Cami_Kat_19.jpg
    Hello there terrain tool...whoops.

Now on to a few gameplay pics. :)

Oh how I've missed Seasons...the leaf piles are fun! <3
    Cami_Kat_20.jpg

Cami is talking to Renauld Vanderburg on the phone. In fact, he called you TWICE! I think he has the hots for you...that naughty man!

It must be a DOOZY getting up those stairs...
    Cami_Kat_21.jpg

Cami didn't waste ANY time in adopting a cat. :)
    Cami_Kat_22.jpg

The prettiest and best behaved one I found is an elderly female kitty. <3 You'll see her in a little bit. ;)

Here is Cami asking one of her chickens what they think of the Chicken Dance? :lol:
    Cami_Kat_23.jpg

I think the chicken likes it. :lol:
    Cami_Kat_24.jpg
    (Does anyone else think their eyes are creepy looking? :anguished: )

CAMI'S KITTY ARRIVED! :smiley:

Her name is Rylee. <3 Isn't she pretty?
    Cami_Kat_26.jpg
    Cami began loving on her the moment she walked in!

Yeah, she's excited to have a kitty in the house now. ;)
    Cami_Kat_27.jpg

Pretty, pretty kitty. <3
    Cami_Kat_28.jpg

Anyway, that's all I have for now. :) Hope you liked it @mycami21 and be sure to let me know what to do with your bedroom. :)

Also, should I get you ANOTHER kitty? :mrgreen:

Happy Simming everyone!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    edited February 2017
    Mine double posted too! Geez Sim Guru's get this site running properly already!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited February 2017
    Gave @Emorrill and @charlottesmom awesomes for double posting You are both silly :D
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @CravenLestat , I blame this stoopid site, it's been acting up lately...

Is is FAWN????
  • Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    @emorrill -- Thanks! I'll look around there. And that's mostly why I was asking (and thus far avoiding CC at all in my games), because of the potential for disaster. But with only six total toddler hairs to choose from, with either a whole lot of hair or almost bald... I kind of wanted something in between.

@Mikezumi -- Yeah, that's what I figured. But I thought I would ask; it would be so much easier to just plop their old house on the other lot haha. But I like building houses, so it's not that big of a deal.
    Now to just find the time to do the switcher-roo.
  • Options
    Messaged SimGuruDrake this screenshot of the page:
    ZEisFeU.jpg
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @lisasc360 Thanks for the comment and nice pictures :smile:

@mycami21 Thanks for the feedback :smile:

@Cadh20000 Thanks for explaining the dragons :smile:

@Charlottesmom Thanks for the comment :smile:

@bekkasan Thanks for the feedback :smile:

@Mikezumi Nice gnome family and cute toddler :smile: Another red head I see! :smiley:

@CravenLestat Nice video and picture of the fairy from last year. I think I remember you sharing that before

@Emily4331 Nice looking Sim :smile:

@emorrill Nice toddler pictures :smile: #5 is the best hair I think. Nice pictures of the animals as well :smile:

Also I see that everyone is having trouble with double posting. I have noticed a few minor glitches with the forums lately and when I hit like or awesome it comes up with 'There was an error' or something :open_mouth:

I was going to share my video as well but I got side tracked so will share that in a bit
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @Charlottesmom If you are talking about the fairy thaat is Nuala,If you mean the redhead with dark lipstick it is Pam May with the IP hair.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @Charlottesmom If you are talking about the fairy thaat is Nuala,If you mean the redhead with dark lipstick it is Pam May with the IP hair.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    @Charlottesmom If you are talking about the fairy that is Nuala,If you mean the redhead with dark lipstick it is Pam May with the IP hair changed red.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @CravenLestat got the trifecta! :lol:
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I only posted once and it triple posted me :# I am the silliest of them all

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    And here is the video...

It starts off the same as the last one but I cut a small part of the intro out and the beach scene progresses into the night. The music is some Hard House I brought earlier and I edited it slightly (removing half of the intro) to prevent thieves from taking it. I will also share this on the music related forum that I post on and try to help keep the Hard House scene going which is not as big as it used to be but it still deserves a following. New artists also deserve some recognition as well :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyBIxv5ZhLI
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Now, now maybe the posting errors are really a secret tournament and you just won the grand prize! :open_mouth:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top