January 18 - Friday Highlight is here, waiting for you to check it out!

What does the Gallery do for you?

2...Next

Comments

• AlexandraTeaykovaAlexandraTeaykova Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello!!! I have a question.So i want to download CC for The Sims 4
    but i changed the package file into a WinRAR one.Now i want to know how to bring back the package file.Can anyone help???

P.S. When i try opening the WinRAR file it says Tge file is corrupted or damiged,so i can't open it..Help..
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,278 Member
    but i changed the package file into a WinRAR one.Now i want to know how to bring back the package file.Can anyone help???

P.S. When i try opening the WinRAR file it says Tge file is corrupted or damiged,so i can't open it..Help..

rename the file back from a .rar file to a .package file.
    Package files can be placed directly into the Mods folder.
  • everthewildeoneeverthewildeone Posts: 87 Member
    As a non-moder but a frequent CC user, I have to say that the gallery really doesn't help much with custom content. I honestly haven't seen any sims or buildings that use them, which is kind of a shame.
    z2mSmjo.png

Click the siggy to check out my Youtube and if you like what you see, subscribe!
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 4,536 Member
    @everthewildeone when you are in the gallery on the menu to the right there should be an option for advanced. click that and you should see a tick box labeled include cc, you should now be able s to see Sims/Builds with CC

CC cannot be transferred via the gallery so you would need to track down the download site for any items that you would like to add to your game.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 4,536 Member

Sorry if you didn't get this information before:
    This link explains how to change file associations
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-set-default-programs-and-file-types-in-windows-10/
    You don’t need to open the cc package files. They can just be put into your mods folder. You may need to redownload the CC once the file association has been fixed if it became corrupted when you tried to open it.
  • everthewildeoneeverthewildeone Posts: 87 Member
    @Bananas_45 Thank you! I knew about having to download CC separately when you download a build or a sim. What I didn't know was that they had items with CC on the gallery.
    z2mSmjo.png

Click the siggy to check out my Youtube and if you like what you see, subscribe!
  • EternalRoseEternalRose Posts: 760 Member
    It would be great to see a page on the Gallery just showcasing Guru's cc uploads! I miss seeing/ downloading all the great stuff from the Sims team.
  • CandyDragonOriCandyDragonOri Posts: 9 New Member
    I like to use the gallery for finding builds, which I then will edit and mod myself. Sometimes to the point that it would have probably been easier to have just build the thing from the ground up :joy:
    I do find it's pretty good when I'm lacking inspiration though.
2...Next