Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moonlight Falls vs. Sunset Valley

I'm about to begin a dynasty, but as I have little experience in different the Sims 3 worlds (I have mostly played in Riverview and Bridgeport) I am unsure which world to choose so I thought it best to seek advice - Moonlight Falls or Sunset Valley? Which in your opinion is better and why? Which world has the more attractive townies? Thanks for any feedback.

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    edited January 2015
    I think Moonlit Falls has more opportunities for expansion as it has more empty lots and bigger empty lots. So if you want your family to expand and fill the town over the generations you'd have more room there.

I don't know which has better townies though. They don't bother me in Moonlit Falls but I know them better in Sunset Valley.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited January 2015
    Moonlight Falls has more interesting scenery and I'm just not bored with that town like I am with Sunset Valley, but your opinion might differ since you have more experience elsewhere.

Is there a ruleset you're following? I was mostly tipped off the word "dynasty," which refers to some specific TS3 challenges that I have a lot of experience in. But if not, I'd do a test game in both worlds just to see what appeals to you more.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I've never done a dynasty, but I'd go with Moonlight Falls. Sunset Valley is lovely, but it feels bland in comparison. Though I've played in SV dozens of times, so perhaps that's why I think that way.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Charmed-SistersCharmed-Sisters Posts: 33 Member
    Moonlight Falls. The Crumplebottom sisters are the best family ever
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Moonlight Falls is pretty boring. I have fond memories of SV even though it's small.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    Moonlight Falls
    Moonlit Falls has lots more usable room than Sunset Valley and there are some interesting places to find and explore.
  • Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Moonlight Falls is my favourite. There is more to customise and build, plus room to add more lots if desired.
  • BlastboomBlastboom Posts: 175 Member
    I don't think i've been in sunset valley since expansions started adding other worlds. I say moonlight falls.
  • Cucumber_DipCucumber_Dip Posts: 99 Member
    Moonlight Falls. The Crumplebottom sisters are the best family ever
    I agree wholeheartedly with this statement. I enjoy playing Beatrice, Belinda, and Bianca Crumplebottom. I had my Sim Dawn marry Belinda.

Moonlight Falls is nice, there are other nice townies beyond the Crumplebottom sisters. I like the range of life states the townies have, adds to variety. The different parks are quite nice, I find the 🐸🐸🐸🐸's Landing park is constantly populated with Sims all the time. Some of the townies are references to characters from elsewhere, like Bailey Swain is supposed to be Bella Swan from Twilight. And a return of the Goth family if you want to incorporate them into the story.
  • ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    moonlight falls is one of my favorite ea towns. its lovely, and its a good flat world so you can expand to your hearts desire. lots of room for improvement. my legacy family lived there for several generations. if you dont mind the weirdos (which i dont)
  • spongeblobbyspongeblobby Posts: 8 New Member
    I like moonlight falls better because it has supernaturals, alothough you can add them into sunset valley.
    I find moonlight moonlight falls to a more interesting town than sunset valley
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I have strong nostalgia for Moonlight Falls. Supernatural was the EP that sold me on the game, and I have played there often. Plusses already mentioned are a large number of large lots, plus plenty of room for additional lots as needed. Also, there is some very nice architecture, even among starter homes.

Downsides, it is a bit thin on really attractive Sims as potential mates in the teen/YA range, so prepare to add some of your own. The locals to my mind make great friends/acquaintances/coworkers, but I have always had to import romantic prospects.

Also, the venues are a bit sparse. Expect to spend some time refinishing places like the Toadstool (Supernatural Hangout). I have yet to upload them to the exchange, but I have made myself dive bars, bowling alleys, comic shops, java huts and so on to round out the possibilities.

TL:DR Moonlight Falls is spacious and has good bones, but needs a bit of help for the romantically picky or nightlife adventurers.
  • ARRenschARRensch Posts: 694 Member
    edited April 2018
    90% of my saves take place in SV. I'm just addicted to the nostalgia of it. Obviously, I recommend SV. It's pretty and I like the townies because I know who all of them are.

So basically, I'm 100% biased, but hey, in the end... if it sucked, I wouldn't be playing it.
    Wearing a gas mask to flex on the coronavirus.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited April 2018
    I agree with @Sindocat This --> "Downsides, it is a bit thin on really attractive Sims as potential mates in the teen/YA range, so prepare to add some of your own." Granted there are some good ones too, but at least it aint Twinbrook bad :D

@karritz Point on lot amount and larger sizes you have to consider too she is correct on that.

My advice is get best of both worlds Play in SV but library like your favorite 5 or 6 families/households from 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and place them in SV.For best results turn off occults after placing them will not delete their status or any sim you play directly from becoming one just will keep it from spreading.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    I agree with @Sindocat This --> "Downsides, it is a bit thin on really attractive Sims as potential mates in the teen/YA range, so prepare to add some of your own." Granted there are some good ones too, but at least it aint Twinbrook bad :D

@karritz Point on lot amount and larger sizes you have to consider too she is correct on that.

My advice is get best of both worlds Play in SV but library like your favorite 5 or 6 families/households from plum and place them in SV.For best results turn off occults after placing them will not delete their status or any sim you play directly from becoming one just will keep it from spreading.

I lived with a false sense of security in Moonlight Falls with occults turned off. Until I added to my Big Game where I rotate through different households. I was playing with a sim, then changed households to play a different household and almost immeadiately she got turned into a vampire. There are occults already living in 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and they are not above turning others into their own occult.
  • kaitlyn0kaitlyn0 Posts: 512 Member
    I love SV's townies, but I love 🐸🐸🐸🐸's lots and scenery. :)
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I would pick Moonlight Falls for all the reasons already mentioned, especially because it's much bigger than Sunset Valley. I also feel like Sunset Valley is too "outdated" or something, I don't know. The later worlds were strictly based off of real life places, but that can't be said about Sunset Valley. It looks too "perfect" for me and like a fantasy land, especiall with this waterfall.

I would also pick Moonlight Falls because Aubrey Oviedo is living there.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I love the atmosphere of Moonlight Falls and all the large empty lots. I usually rearrange the town a bit to centralize the community lots. I love the style of the houses and many of the community buildings but there is a glitch with one of the doors of the school which causes a handful of kids to skip school every day. They can't get in that door so they just leave. Does anyone know of a fix for that?
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited April 2018
    I need to play in Moonlight Falls a lot more... and given the choice between SV and Moonlight Falls, I'll pick Moonlight Falls... The only reason why I like SV is because of one sim:

WeAreAllCanucks_Sims3.jpg

Yeah...that one... River McIrish...(I have her saved as YA in my Bin so I can plunk her down anywhere in any world...).

As others have said, Moonlight Falls has more usable space and bigger lots. Don't know much about the townies...there...in Moonlight Falls.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~