Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Amazon Challenge-Tribe Wahine 3/5

Comments

• nessanewbynessanewby Posts: 241 Member
    Beautiful writing Pammie! It was so easy to understand where Ysa was coming from as she described what she experienced as a young girl -- watching the brother she idolized(!) basically attempting to (and pretty much succeeding in, murdering her whole family. And since she felt she saw those same qualities in Aulani that she had seen in her beloved brother, as well as appearance, it's no wonder that she's having trouble with her emotions concerning him. And really, she's not very old yet, so it can't have been that long ago that it happened. So it's probably still fairly fresh in her memory on top of that! Poor girl! But SO proud of how Aulani handled himself talking to her! and he DOES seem to have really grown, and at last, I think I can finally say, I think he is sincere! YAY!! GREAT JOB Pammie! I love reading your stories! They seem so real!
  • SpurklyNinjaSpurklyNinja Posts: 76 Member
    Ooh! Amazing writing and a great chapter! Loved Ysa and am excited to see how the two will interact later on! Great job @pammiechick !! :D
    ~Live a little, and dance a lot while you're at it~
  • XSimMimXXSimMimX Posts: 613 Member
    Uh oh... I feel like this is foreshadowing a future betrayal. I'm probably wrong, but still I'm a little scared! Poor Ysa.
  • TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
  • SaphiredreamSaphiredream Posts: 41 Member
    Wonderful chapter! It is getting very intense!
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Hey, all, just wanted to tell you I haven't forgotten to update--I just need lots of time to play this story and I haven't had it. Should be able to update next week.

In the meantime, Happy Halloween! :smiley:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Happy Halloween @pammiechick although I'm having Halloween at work :D
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Happy Halloween!
  • ShannNyanShannNyan Posts: 31 Member
    Happy Halloween everyone!
    edited November 2015
    Aulani leaves Ysa to find better company. He sits next to his mother, so happy to see one of the women dancing in a goofy way so everyone would laugh. He remembers she is the Creator who stuck up for him against Ysa—Amadahy Blessing Moon. Gratefully, Aulani roars with laughter, putting him into a better mood.

Screenshot_512.jpg

“So, my son,” Hawika says, turning to him. “Have you made your choice? Who will you take to your birthday party?”

Screenshot_511.jpg

He bows and says, “Oh Mother, how can I choose? All are so very beautiful and fine. I must admit, I’d love to invite them all.”

Screenshot_513.jpg

Hawika jumps up from her seat and says, “That is a very politic answer and as we are not alone, I can tell you are not saying all that’s in your heart. Come, let us go somewhere in private.”

Screenshot_514.jpg

“Now, Aulani, please tell me. No one can hear us over here. Do you not like anyone?”

Screenshot_516.jpg

“I’m sorry, Mother, but there is not a strong connection that I have with any one of the Creators. Beautiful they are, but most are a bit old for me. And unfortunately, the one with whom I might desire the most hates me.”

“Who is this and what have you done to her, Aulani, to make her hate you?”

“It is Ysa Lionne, your explorer. I have done nothing, Mother, I assure you. It is a bit of bad luck. I happen to remind her of her treacherous brother and so she assumes I’m just like him. It is a hopeless cause. And besides. I will not choose her. I do not like a woman that can so judge a person based on presumptions and prejudice.”

Screenshot_520.jpg

“Very well,” Hawika says. “Nevertheless, you must make a choice. I will be convening with the council about the state of Creator’s sons, but by law now, you must make a choice and breed within two days of your birthday. It is too late for you to seek another woman outside of the palace. Therefore, I will choose a few for you and at your party, you will choose. Is this understood, Aulani?”

“I understand,” Aulani says, formally, but there is an edge to his voice.

Screenshot_519.jpg

Aulani bows and says, “I’m tired, Mother. I will see you in the morning.” And he storms away.

The following morning, Tribe Wahine and guests are invited to the palace for Aulani’s birthday celebration. The castle buzzes with excitement and industry, making all the preparations.

Screenshot_521.jpg

Hawika has decided to lift Leia’s restrictions simply because she doesn’t want Aulani’s sister to have any more reason to resent him. She hopes they will repair their relationship soon.

Aulani is dressed in his finest clothing and the new boots his mother made as a gift for him. Tingles of excitement mixed with dread wash through him as he thinks on the night to come. Who would his mother invite and who would he eventually choose? It was such an honor that a mere slave could even choose his own woman, but he was now a prince. And things are changing in the Amazon.

Screenshot_522.jpg

All too soon, the day flew by and the sun sank in the cloud filled sky, spraying its fingers of pink, orange, and red in the horizon.

“Now son, it is time to come downstairs,” Lakeki announces. “The women are getting restless.” He laughs and says, “I pity you having to choose. All are very lovely. Do you know yet what you are going to do?”

Aulani forces a smile. “I do not, Father, but never fear. I’m sure one of them will choose me, if the Maker shines his face upon me.”

Lakeki smiles and hits him on the shoulder. “I’m sure they will fight over you. Be careful with that course of action, son. We wouldn’t want to start a war.” He winks.

Aulani laughs and makes his way toward the door. “Believe me, Father. I won’t be starting any wars tonight.”

Screenshot_523.jpg

Aulani finds the guests and slaves dancing so he joins them, reveling in the fun of the moment.

Screenshot_524.jpg

But then he spies the person who he did not want invited to his party staring at him. He closes his eyes, not wishing her to notice that he even sees her.

Screenshot_525.jpg

What could she want, Aulani wonders as she doesn’t make a move to say anything to him. She only stares with an indecipherable look on her face.

Screenshot_526.jpg

Nerves getting the better of him, Aulani steps out of the room, to get a drink. He’s upset his mother went against his wishes and invited Ysa. It will make the whole evening uncomfortable. Thankfully, he finds his Uncle Hagen sitting with one of the Creators he does have a little attachment to—Kosumi. He heard she will be his mother’s provider and he very much likes her except that she’s twice his age. Maybe more. But she neither looks it or acts it.

Screenshot_533.jpg

“Happy Birthday, Aulani!” Uncle Hagen chimes with a huge smile on his face. “I’ve been chatting with the most agreeable Creator. Won’t you sit with us?”

Aulani gives his uncle a hug and sits next to a woman he’s never seen before. Another Creator? But surely, his mother wouldn’t choose her for him. She must be close to elder. And then he looks up to see Ysa eating food behind the bar, making his stomach drop. He doesn’t even hear what Kosumi is saying to him.

Screenshot_534.jpg
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Suspense! I was so looking forward to this update and I wasn't disappointed. Can't wait for Hawika's announcement on who is in her corght! Thought it would be in this update - but, oh well. Now I have even more reason to look forward to the next update! Love the story, keep up the awesome work @pammiechick !
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
    Suspense! I was so looking forward to this update and I wasn't disappointed. Can't wait for Hawika's announcement on who is in her corght! Thought it would be in this update - but, oh well. Now I have even more reason to look forward to the next update! Love the story, keep up the awesome work @pammiechick !

You're right! Sorry about that! Almost all have been announced. Only one left. But unfortunately, story dictates for me to wait a bit longer. I'll weave in the last one next time. The court will convene as soon as Aulani's storyline comes to a climax. Which should take about two more updates. I'm hoping to get those done by the weekend. I will have lots of time to play and write, so don't fear another long lapse.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Oh how I missed this story and new chapter! <3 Thanks for letting me enjoy it again :) Amadahy was so cheerful, I am very glad seeing her happy :) Now I'm worry about Aulani, I hope he'll not be hurt and will hear the voice of his heart <3
  • TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    Its either kosumi or Ysa im rooting for Ysa!
  • Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member

You're right! Sorry about that! Almost all have been announced. Only one left. But unfortunately, story dictates for me to wait a bit longer. I'll weave in the last one next time. The court will convene as soon as Aulani's storyline comes to a climax. Which should take about two more updates. I'm hoping to get those done by the weekend. I will have lots of time to play and write, so don't fear another long lapse.

Awesome! I'll look forward to it! =)
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    When father and son were walking in together, they looked so much alike to me! That swagger and body style! I've always had a soft spot for Lakeki <3 So nice to see Hagen there too! And of course, Ysa! I'm loving the story line so much. Can't wait to see how it turns out!
    @sabreene Yes...the body is all Lakeki! But I love how the genetics shaped his face. Dad is there but so is mom! Hoping to update on Thursday! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • XSimMimXXSimMimX Posts: 613 Member
    I'm happy to see my Kosumi again! I'm flattered Hagen thinks she's agreeable. It makes me happy to have Kosumi announced as Provider, thank you! <3
    Congratulations @XSimMimX ! I love Kosumi! She's a doll. :)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Great chapter! I'm hoping that Kossumi will win Aulani's heart. <3 It was great to see Hagen again.
    Pammiechick As I was getting ready for my day I couldn't help but think about this chapter. So I went back and read it again. Although I like Kossumi, Ysa could add more drama to the story. Then I thought what about the quiet beauty sitting next to him at the bar? ;) Oh the suspense!
    @haswh wrote: »
    Pammiechick As I was getting ready for my day I couldn't help but think about this chapter. So I went back and read it again. Although I like Kossumi, Ysa could add more drama to the story. Then I thought what about the quiet beauty sitting next to him at the bar? ;) Oh the suspense!

The quiet beauty sitting next to him is none other than Anya North from the North Tribe who got pregnant by Lakeki (who was then Leaf--if you read that far back.) So, she is not in the running! But I appreciate your thoughts! Story has already been played out...you will find out in the next episode! Thank you for reading! :)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    @haswh wrote: »

The quiet beauty sitting next to him is none other than Anya North from the North Tribe who got pregnant by Lakeki (who was then Leaf--if you read that far back.) So, she is not in the running! But I appreciate your thoughts! Story has already been played out...you will find out in the next episode! Thank you for reading! :)

AH, that's who that was!! I was trying to get a good look at her face, and I couldn't quite tell. Now I have so many questions. Like, about the baby(or babies) and how old they are and where they are, and if she'll recognize Lakeki now that he's not Leaf! It's all so intriguing!
  • AllyTod13AllyTod13 Posts: 114 Member
    My Brain: Kiss already!
    Me IRL: Kiss arleady!
    The two have agreed, a rare occurrence!