March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Good Ole' Ms. Crumplebottom ;)

2...Next

Comments

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,109 Member

I'm not too fond of the floorplans of her house, but I might do some room additions and alterations later on.

Yeah, I'm not too fond of the layout of her house either... It's clever the way they did that one part of the roof but yeah. Maxis always creates weird floor plans with TONS of wasted space and not enough lights!

I'm loving reading these everyone. :) It's turned into some interesting discussion. Keep them coming!

Oh and I said the word 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and it got censored with Plum. Lol! ;)

52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    ^^^^There is censored the word again! It's not a cuss word. Geez...
  • MiyacaMiyaca Posts: 576 Member
    I like how the Mrs. Crumplebottom in sims 2 parodied the ring where she comes out of the wishing well and bash your sim. lol
  • Sophia666Sophia666 Posts: 427 Member
    Mrs C is the best worst Sim in the games! I always remember laughing angrily when she appeared! :P
    same, during ts1 i actually wait for her downtown and when she appears i give her some PDA here and there just to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 her off. off course my sim will suffer from it lol.
    Miyaca wrote: »
    same, during ts1 i actually wait for her downtown and when she appears i give her some PDA here and there just to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 her off. off course my sim will suffer from it lol.

She's totally worth the hassle! She's like a Sims legend really. Just with less power than Bella Goth!! I love EA with their throwbacks. I love it when they bring back previous families or relations or something. Even if they don't always exactly follow on and make sense! :P
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    edited January 2015
    I had her have an affair with Geoffrey Landgraab! He eventually left Nancy and married Agnes. They had four children and lived happily ever after. The end! :D
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Her husband died on their honeymoon and she became bitter as a result. In TS3, she has a half-finished nursery. I've never played with her, but I read a lot of simmers like to revive her husband, so she can finish the nursery, and have a child with him.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Erik Darling was the guy's name.
    Screenshot-6_zps31ad1850.jpg
    Screenshot-7_zpse58f1716.jpg
    Based on his ghost, he drowned (fell off the cruiseship, maybe?). His ghost doesn't show up on the relationship panel, and (unless my game has glitched) you can't chat or interact with him.
    Screenshot-2_zpscf986aff.jpg
    It must've been love at first sight, but I think Agnes should've took a second look! I really don't think he's all that great looking...
    Screenshot_zpse9343202.jpg
    Kinda sad if you think about it. How Agnes wouldn't be able to marry again - unless you get a ghostbuster first, to get rid of her husband. Or you decide to take the tomb allll the waaay to the graveyard. I might just take the lazy way out and just sell the headstone. :stuck_out_tongue:
    Screenshot-1_zpscf3c313d.jpg
    There's that grumpy Agnes we all know and love! :wink:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
    ^^^LOL!!! LOVE IT!! =D
    And yeah he really isn't all that great looking...
    I had her have an affair with Geoffrey Landgraab! He eventually left Nancy and married Agnes. They had four children and lived happily ever after. The end! :D

Awesome. :)
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    emorrill wrote: »

They made pretty kids too! <3 lol
    love looks beyond the appearance of a person.

giphy.gif
    Miyaca wrote: »
    love looks beyond the appearance of a person.

giphy.gif

^^You are right.

Nice burn. ;) Lol!

They made pretty kids too! <3 lol

I believe it! I could see them looking good together. :)
    I think I have an old save somewhere where Mrs C had a tonne of children with a tonne of men. I've forgotten how many, but it was a lot! :P
    Sophia666 wrote: »
    I think I have an old save somewhere where Mrs C had a tonne of children with a tonne of men. I've forgotten how many, but it was a lot! :P

Oh my! ;) I would've loved to see that!
  • beautimousbeautimous Posts: 108 Member
    I always give her a makeover in my game and age her down to young adult. I usually make her a celebrity or a world explorer who don't need no man B)
    Sophia666 wrote: »

Oh my! ;) I would've loved to see that!

I look later if I have any pictures but it was when the game came out. I'll see if I can find the save! :P
    beautimous wrote: »
    I always give her a makeover in my game and age her down to young adult. I usually make her a celebrity or a world explorer who don't need no man B)

Bella looks dead in that picture.
    ???
    Do explain. ;)
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @5782341b77vl : Love is blind... ;)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    Agnes was one of my favourite Sims in TS3 and I played several versions of her.

When I was new to the game I played various households in rotation and left Agnes to her own devices for a while. When I left her she was in a love triangle, when I went back to her she'd moved out of her house and was living with her boyfriend and his girlfriend. I was beside myself - she'd lost her house, her cars and all her fortune to move in with that sleazy creature :D

I learnt after that to play only one household per neighbourhood.

A more successful incarnation of Agnes lived in Riverview. She was a very successful author and had a nice little cottage where she grew vegetables in the back garden. She had a romance with John Lessen - another of my favourites :)
    Don't feed the trolls
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,078 Member
    edited January 2015
    Agnes Crumplebottom obviously appears as a sad widow in Sims 3. She's disgruntled and bitter when she appears in Sims 1 as Miss Crumplebottom. In Sims 2 she's dead and buried on the Goth lot.
    Mrs. Crumplebottom is theorized to be Agnes Seabottom in Sims 3 (Barnacle Bay). She later married Robert Crumplebottom, a character in Sims 1 who is killed by a chandelier, becoming the bitter Mrs. Crumplebottom. In Sims 2, she hates affection and beats everyone with her purse.
    Her character file is weird because she's marked as male.
    I know I'm a total geek for absorbing this stuff.

I've actually never played with her. I have stolen her house though.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • TrashDeBluncTrashDeBlunc Posts: 85 Member
    I've only played Agnes once, but it was a fun time! I used a mod-that-shalt-not-be-named and thoroughly explored the idea of a hard-hearted and disillusioned version of Agnes who made a tough living. Hope that was vague enough. :|
  • AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    I worked so hard to get Agnes & her late husband Erik to have a baby that I was really disappointed that I couldn't upload him to the exchange as a ghost baby: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6280830
    AMariseS wrote: »
    I worked so hard to get Agnes & her late husband Erik to have a baby that I was really disappointed that I couldn't upload him to the exchange as a ghost baby: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6280830

Yeah that sure is a bummer @AMariseS :( He's still a cute looking kid though.