Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What the LOL feature is and isn't for.

Thebookthief24Thebookthief24 Posts: 1,327 Member
edited January 2015 in Off Topic Chat
IS FOR: Oh! that's funny!

ISN'T FOR : Hahaha , this person is so stu pid
"Clearly , I have made some bad decisions."

Comments

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Thanks for reminding us, I had forgotten.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    Thanks for reminding us, I had forgotten.

Look at the thread I made. look at the number of LOL's. a lot of people have apparently either forgotten or decided to be jerks today.
  • Options
    So be it. Creating unnecessary drama isn't going to do anything.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    There was a vote.

It was to keep LOLs and LIKEs. Just ignore it.
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    Guys I'm not that stuput
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    So be it. Creating unnecessary drama isn't going to do anything.

Sorry if i'm not going to sti back quietly while people make fun of me.
  • Options
    I've been LOL'ed countless times on a comment that wasn't supposed to be funny. I didn't care, and I never will. I'm not going to let strangers over the internet ruin my forum time.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Look someone lol'd my comment. Why? Idk, and I honestly won't bother with it.
    Don't take it to heart book, please :)
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited January 2015
    People are jerks plain and simple. I'm sorry your thread got ruined.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    And the irony is that every post in this thread has been LOL'd.

:D
  • Options
    I love those who falsely LOL my posts. They shower me with points.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    edited January 2015
    But laughing doesn't always relate back to funny. Sometimes you can't help but laugh to show other emotions such a disbelief. Some things people say on here, you can't help but laugh. Things people believe regardless of proof...
  • Options
    MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    This so reminds me of FaceBook. The more serious one tries to be, or the more one objects over a comment or remark (and for this purpose I'll count "LOL" as a comment)-- the worse some people get. It's all about eliciting reactions. Some simply have nothing better to do with their time.

FaceBook . . .or a elementary schoolyard.

I don't even keep track of LOLs any more. The forum computers do and I get "points" for LOLs passing certain milestones.

It's not right, of course, but it's the nature of the 'Net.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Haterz gon hate :|
  • Options
    Vici0us_VirusVici0us_Virus Posts: 3,076 Member
    :+1:Like :p LoL Y so cerial?
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    I don't mind people LOL'ing at me in a mean way.

I'm to slow to know. I wouldn't realise people were laughing at me, rather than with me.

In fact, how do I get people to LOL at me in a mean way?
  • Options
    MiffoShortMiffoShort Posts: 1,901 Member
    edited January 2015
    Whoever decides to LOL me really doesn't bother me. If they click it then I presume that they found something funny that I had written even if I didn't intend for it to be funny. So I really don't mind people clicking the LOL button :) .

And now that you have opened this thread people are going to LOL you :) If you don't like it then next I wouldn't open a post about it - just saying :)

Matthew.
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Some things are just funny to some people whether you intended it to be or not. Don't take it so harshly. Wear your LOLs proudly like a badge. B)
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    Sophia666Sophia666 Posts: 427 Member
    But, there is nothing bad about the 'LOL' button. It is a good thing right? The more "LOLs" you get, the more points you get, right? I'm afraid I don't see the problem. All it does is make your account look better even if the point system is pointless.
  • Options
    FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    I love to laugh, so if people LOL at my posts...good for them! :D
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    I like LoLs. I don't have that many as I really do not have a humorous tone in my writing, but sometimes I get them...sometimes when I am trying to make a point. I do understand that I can pull an LoL without intending because my writing style might seem a bit quirky.

I think some people click the laugh button because they do not necessarily agree with the text in the post, but something within struck them as meaningful. The same kind of thing that happens when a friend says, "I tripped getting off the bus and fell into the only puddle for blocks." Someone might laugh at that, not because they are mocking or thinking this friend's event was funny, but because they could see themselves doing something similar. (There, but for the grace of God, go I)
  • Options
    presswon4engrishpresswon4engrish Posts: 172 Member
    edited January 2015
    Speaking of people being jerks, I keep wondering if this one person on some post I made is just trying to agitate me. I started up a forum game "React to GIFs!" for something fun to do and it started out a success. We kept going back and forth and eventually someone pulled out a Loki gif and I went back at them with one of my own because it seemed funny. Then they started to flood my post with Loki gifs and I, and other users, were clearly getting annoyed. I put up a rule that you couldn't use the same character/movie/etc. for all of your posts as it takes the fun out of it. Now whenever I post, they seem to be poking fun of me. And nobody else is joining in so the thing is basically turning into a lost cause...
  • Options
    moezycatmoezycat Posts: 36 Member
    I'm sorry, but who really cares about whether someone LOL'd his/her post or not? I certainly don't. I don't see it as trolling, either. Maybe some people just have strange senses of humor...
  • Options
    FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    Speaking of people being jerks, I keep wondering if this one person on some post I made is just trying to agitate me. I started up a forum game "React to GIFs!" for something fun to do and it started out a success. We kept going back and forth and eventually someone pulled out a Loki gif and I went back at them with one of my own because it seemed funny. Then they started to flood my post with Loki gifs and I, and other users, were clearly getting annoyed. I put up a rule that you couldn't use the same character/movie/etc. for all of your posts as it takes the fun out of it. Now whenever I post, they seem to be poking fun of me. And nobody else is joining in so the thing is basically turning into a lost cause...
    I'll join the thread! *wants to help* :)
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • Options
    presswon4engrishpresswon4engrish Posts: 172 Member
    Yay! Yeah it seems like that person is always online....