Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show us your recent WIPs here!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    Your Art Museum WIP looks very nice! @gmcrozier :) The design of the exterior looks great! It looks very nice the type and how you have placed the windows in the build ! The roofing over the front entrance area looks very nice! Very nice sculpture, water and plants feature in the front area of the build! It looks very great! It looks very nice how you have placed the plants and the corner hedging there! It is nice that you have an outdoors art area for sims to enjoy painting on the easels in the sunshine.
    It is looking great! :)
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    @rosemow Thank you soo much for the detailed comments, Rose! :blush: You really won't let us down! *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3

@gmcrozier Your Art Museum WIP is looking amazing! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, so elegant, modern, and I like the skylights too! I also love your landscaping and floor art at the front.
    I'm looking forward to your finished build. :smiley: Thank you for sharing in this thread. I already updated my list. :)
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • leelujackleelujack Posts: 384 Member
    I like the front of your Art Museum @gmcrozier the tiling out front and on the landing there is great :)
    @RyeCris16 your WIP is great it already looks very impressive :) I feel the back is crying out for a Juliet balcony in the middle of the second floor or a roof on the deck maybe even the wooden awning enlarged with some greenery would look nice :) I like the inspiration pic on your thread the mixture of brick/stone and sliding look great but i think an all over neutral color would look good as well :)
    4s4partypalacewin.jpg

My Gallery Link

._.·´)¯)£è룵(¯(`·._.

Here is my WIP its an Aussie build here is the inspiration pic
    queenslander-manortop-650x136.png

18214876119_23be1c5279.jpg06-03-15_9-46 AM-2 by leelujack, on Flickr

there is no second floor the top I put as a sun roof :)

queenslander-manorbottom-650x284.png
    It is a massive home!! I changed the layout a bit and will put home theater and pool in basement :)
    17781150563_c0c8efb032.jpg06-03-15_10-08 AM by leelujack, on Flickr
    4s4partypalacewin.jpg

My Gallery Link

._.·´)¯)£è룵(¯(`·._.

Your WIP is looking very nice! @leelujack :) Very nice exterior design of the home! The sun roof is very nice! The porches look so very nice and the flowers along the edges of the porch are pretty for sims to see when they come to the home. The layout of the interior of the build looks great! It is great that you are designing the home to have a basement pool and home theatre.
    Enjoy working on your build! :)
    @leelujack Thank you for the comment and even the suggestion. Yes, my WIP concept was just a concept and may change to the finished product. I'm glad that you like the inspiration too! But I'm not using a brick on the exterior, instead with full of sidings. I'll post my update soon. Again, thank you! *bro hugs* :smiley:

Anyway, your Aussie build is looking awesome! :)
    I like your architecture, you reflected from the inspiration very well and added your own touches even in interior. Yeah, I don't follow interior floor plans either! I experimented it with my own interior too! Anyway, I also liked your lovely landscaping at the front.
    I'm looking forward too seeing your finished build. :smiley: Thank you for sharing in this thread! I'll update my list post. :)

As for the driveway, try to remove the foundation on it, or use the half gable roofing as a slope of the driveway (I saw the build using it and forgot who came up with the idea.)
    Thanks @RyeCris16 for your feedback that driveway has irritated me lol I dont understand why there are not different heights for the columns. There is a roof piece it does look a bit funny i will drag it out a bit or ditch the columns and use walls on the side :)
    4s4partypalacewin.jpg

My Gallery Link

._.·´)¯)£è룵(¯(`·._.

WIP Update:
    OK I'm taking a break from this WIP for the amazing building challenge called Under Renovation Challenge by @Zita1966.
    For a meantime, I'm showing you an updated layout of my Colonial Manor. I'm going to call this, Sampaguita Estate.
    mLjZelI.png
    ujUIZ2c.png

Any suggestions/advise please? Thank you! :)
    Hello @RyeCris16 :) Your WIP is looking very nice! The open shutter flower box window dormers look very pretty! It looks very nice how you have placed the windows in the build. The roof covered front porch looks very nice! The roofing in the middle section is a nice touch. The water fountain feature is so pretty! The flowers look very nice around the edges of the water and the rock looks nice in the middle of the water. The flowers and rocks look very nice how you have placed them on the edges of the back porch. It looks very nice how you have used the spandrels in the build! The home is looking very nice! :)
    It is very nice that you are naming the home with the national flower of the Philipines :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Beautiful additions to this thread! Love your WIPs @leelujack @RyeCris16 :D
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Here's my latest WIP. I don't know what to call it yet, but this is my first medieval-themed build.

kajz9t.png
    favj28.png
    @pronterus Your Medieval WIP is looking very gorgeous! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, the use of wall patterns are very beautiful! Awesome roofing and dormers too! Your landscaping is very adorable! Lovely garden at the front and even the trees at the back.
    I'm looking forward to your finished build! :smiley:

Thank you for sharing in this thread! I'll update my list post. :)
    Your WIP is looking very nice! @pronterus :) The exterior design of the home is so very nice! The roofing is very nice! The dormers look nice! Very nice upper balcony! The spandrels look nice there. It looks nice how you have used the left and right hand open shutter windows there. The plants look nice either sides of the balcony and the front doors for sims to pass through when going inside and outdoors . The flowers look pretty in the front garden areas. The bird bath is a nice touch there. It looks very nice how you have used the terrain paint for the ground. The texture of the exterior of the home looks nice. The chimney looks great in the build! It looks very nice the type of fencing that you have used and how you hsve placed it on the edges of the lot. Very nice placement of the windows in the build! The planter box windows look very nice! The home looks very pretty at night time!
    I will look forward to seeing your finished build ! :)
    @RyeCris16 Thanks for the comments!

@rosemow Thank you for the lovely comment as always :)

I only have to finish the interiors and playtest it a bit before I upload it.
    I've finished working on my medieval build and I'm calling it The Baron's Cottage. Download here.

For my latest WIP, this was inspired by the abandoned factory/criminal workplace from the Sims 3.

ie05ec.png
    2lbgm5u.png
  • superbibi11superbibi11 Posts: 486 Member
    Wow, amazing WIP!!
    @leelujack I love your aussie mansion. I didn't even know that an aussie kind of build existed :tongue:
    @RyeCris16 your colonial build is amazing! Want to download it and see the interior :)
    @pronterus the build inspired by the abandoned factory from the Sims 3 is so faithful! Love that place!
    Your new WIP looks great! @pronterus :) It is great that you have based it on the abandoned warehouse in sims 3. The texture of the exterior looks great! Very nice exterior of the build! It looks very nice the types of and how you have placed the windows in the build. The steel fencing looks great! The crates, machinery and piping in the interior of the build looks great! The knobs and items on the roof look great! The industrial theme of the build looks great!
    @superbibi11 Thank you! I'll make sure to have an interior sneak peek soon! :smiley: *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3

@pronterus It's great that you finished your medieval WIP! :smiley: I already commented on exterior. Now on gorgeous interior. Lovely color scheme and great furniture choices. I'm adding this to my faves! :smiley:

Also, your abandoned factory WIP is looking very amazing! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, your bricks and those steampunk objects are very nice touches in this lot. Also, love that industrial feel! Lovely landscaping too!
    I'm looking forward to seeing the finished build. :)
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    edited June 2015
    Zita1966z wrote: »
    Oh what a great idea. Another simmer PM once asking me if I do get builders block...my answer was more than often lol That is also one of the reasons I delete so many WIP's Here is one example of a WIP that I have been stuck on for weeks.
    I never had any luck so far with castles or palaces and was quite determined to make this one work..yet again I'm stuck. I circled my issues on the 2nd picture. Maybe some guidance or inspiration can help me finish this monstrosity
    (FYI I always build from the outside inwards)

TVlPNui.png
    Qb2lLWz.png

That's quite a big build! I think it looks great but, I can see where your coming from with your issues but to me it's a modern castle. :) which is pretty cool actually because its outside the box.

It's so funny I just happened on this and seconds before I wondered how many of us builders work from the inside out (I almost always do) the only time I haven't was for the starter challenge.

Good luck with your build I know you can make it beautiful like all the other builds you do! :)

Also loving everyone's WIP's sim players are the most creative:)
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

I decided to challenge myself with this WIP. With Philippine Independence Day coming up, I decided to create a Spanish mestizo colonial mansion. I'll be calling this Mabuhay Mansion. Houses like these have Spanish, Chinese, and Filipino influences. I was also inspired by similar colonial mansions I've visited as well as the one my relatives have in the countryside. Will hopefully complete it by June 12 itself. I still have to do more landscaping and work on the lower part of the house.

14j3yau.png
    2mpj5ud.png
    2chtcvq.png
    Mabuhay Mansion is very nice! :) The exterior design of the home is very nice! Very nice layout of the build! It looks great how you have done the front steps, and the shutters and balcony window fencing look great! The decor on the exterior walls looks very nice how you have placed them. The fenced sculpture at the front of the build looks great. Very nice layout of the interior! It is nice that you are building the home for The Philppines Independence Day.
    The WIP is looking great! :)
    edited June 2015
    @pronterus Your Mabuhay Mansion WIP is looking very beautiful! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, especially the creative FIlipino themed windows you made. Awesome roofing too! I like how you placed a sun wall decorative on it. Adorable landscaping too! I like how you also place a statue of man, acting as a grave of a Philippine Hero. Also, beautiful furniture choices! I'm having a hard time choosing a right furniture for the Filipino theme. But yours are perfectly chose!
    It is great that you're building a house for the Independence Day of our country. I'm looking forward to your finished build! :) Thank you for sharing in this thread! :)

EDIT: I also noticed that you finished your abandoned warehouse WIP in the gallery. When will you showcase it?
    RyeCris16 wrote: »
    @pronterus Your Mabuhay Mansion WIP is looking very beautiful! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, especially the creative FIlipino themed windows you made. Awesome roofing too! I like how you placed a sun wall decorative on it. Adorable landscaping too! I like how you also place a statue of man, acting as a grave of a Philippine Hero. Also, beautiful furniture choices! I'm having a hard time choosing a right furniture for the Filipino theme. But yours are perfectly chose!
    It is great that you're building a house for the Independence Day of our country. I'm looking forward to your finished build! :) Thank you for sharing in this thread! :)

EDIT: I also noticed that you finished your abandoned warehouse WIP in the gallery. When will you showcase it?

Thanks @RyeCris16 :) I'll be taking screenshots of the finished warehouse later when I have time.

• Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Looking good Rye! Can't wait to see the interior. Love what you've done with the entrance water feature! :)

Great wips in here, inspiring and creative! Keep up the good work everyone! :)
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited June 2015
    I have one that I'm almost finished with; Ginger Thyme. It has a lot of CC (all from TSR) so I don't know if I should even bother uploading it or not. I could always do a CC free version?... Thoughts?
    Here's some pics:
    18721121581_9765b16cc7_z.jpg
    18713890752_9efe70522e_z.jpg
    Second Flr:
    18718846595_fe0a6fac57_z.jpg
    Back:
    18718758895_2f3c123d53_z.jpg
    Side:
    18096114864_16ebb269fd_z.jpg
    18692552716_a7f324beea_z.jpg

19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr

Leave a Comment