Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• Options
    mordarlarmordarlar Posts: 38 Member
    I just saw the restaurant video on FB and left this comment. I wanted to re-share it here because i think THIS issue is what is leading to the "bordom" many of us feel with this game and highlights the difference between the enjoyment we got from 2 and the disenchantment we feel with 4. I do like this game, but it feels terrbile flat and empty.

"I wonder if it is ok to leave a general comment here. First, i love the game, overall. But i wanted to comment that the difference between my absolute love for the sims 2 and this version is the feel of integration that the other had and this one seems to be lacking. I keep hoping it is just because there is less expansion for this oneso far but things like the spa pack, and the fact that something so cool cannot be used as a career, creates a disjointed feel. I can't even really put my finger on it but i always look forward to the expantions and packs; i was silly happy about a theater ep. But then it occured to me that there was no way for a sim to own and profit from this. And it felt like a terrible let down. I don't need more activities for my sims to do so much as i need ways for them to integrate with their world.

I do hope the restaurant pack isn't another empty feeling place for them to go and waste time. If it is done like it was in sims 2, it will be a game changer."
  • Options
    lillyfoxlillyfox Posts: 21 Member
    Maybe there is a way to do this that I have missed it, but I would like a way of copying outfits from one category to another. Say if I want a sim to have the same formal outfit as party outfit, then I could easily just copy it over. It's a minor annoyance, but an annoyance, none the less, to have to look through all the clothing options to find the same outfit.
  • Options
    lillyfoxlillyfox Posts: 21 Member
    > @lillyfox said:
    > Maybe there is a way to do this that I have missed it, but I would like a way of copying outfits from one category to another. Say if I want a sim to have the same formal outfit as party outfit, then I could easily just copy it over. It's a minor annoyance, but an annoyance, none the less, to have to look through all the clothing options to find the same outfit.

To clarify, by 'outfit', I mean the outfit in its entirety, including hair, makeup, shoes, and all the accessories.
  • Options
    kphillips2977kphillips2977 Posts: 135 Member
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, as this is a lot of information on the forum to read through. However the issue I think that could be fixed to help bring back fun for me, would be the ability to tell my sims that are at home to do their homework or work related thing, like play guitar. This way I can take little Jimmy to the park and his mom can stay home to work on her paintings or I can take the teenager out to hang out with her friends while her little brother does his homework. I would love this option added because without it, I feel confined to stay at home all the time. Which limits my ability to explore.
    [img][/img]001701c.gif

• Options
    Jmws35Jmws35 Posts: 57 Member
    Cars please, and the in house butler, and the nanny that you could hire to babysit the kids, and the toddlers please, and the generations please I so loved it when the parent taught the teen ager how to drive and teenager went to their prom, and season please it was wonderful to go through summer winter fall and spring, and university please, and pets and late night , and show where you could go be an actress or actor and ability to maneuver boats and better vacation spots...omg please do a lot more than what you have now...
  • Options
    Oh and one more thing "Thieves please" I loved having a burglar alarm and thief enter and it would go off and the cops come and another thing when the party go to loud the cops would come and another thing when a bride has a bachelorette party the ability to hire strippers now in sims4 you cant even have a bachelorette party and the other option in sims3 that is not in sims 4 the teenagers able to go to part time jobs and having a house phone in sims4 there is nothing but cellphones and I liked that the gardener came if you had a lawn or indoor plants or outdoor plants now he only comes if you have a garden.. and garbage disposals please... and the ability to swim in the lakes around town now you can only swim in pools ....If I think of anything else I will post
  • Options
    Oh and yeah married sims having the ability to go to the courthouse and change their last name to the person that they married and another thing the ability to go to the hospital and when you click on it you can change your sims physical appearance and another thing when the teenager graduates high school the ability for the family to attend the high school graduation and the teen graduating in a cap and gown oh and if we have babies please bring back the play pen and please more towns with better graphics and more neighborhoods oh and bicycles and skateboards please oh and the ability to go scuba diving and surf boarding
  • Options
    Pris3718Pris3718 Posts: 37 Member
    I wish I did not have to populate the whole world. I wish the unplayed sims had lives...like...babies...fall in love...have families on their own.
    Still no toddlers......Sigh. :/:/
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Pris3718 wrote: »
    I wish I did not have to populate the whole world. I wish the unplayed sims had lives...like...babies...fall in love...have families on their own.
    I'm a rotational player so I like it. Still think they could add it as an optional thing.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    Umm.. basically NPCs. There are literally none in Sims 4. No Crumplebottom, no social bunny, no thief (which was fun because you lose complete control for a second!). I just don't understand their priorities. I know they want to introduce new things and try a new angle but there's a tuning to a sims game, some elements that make a game a sims game, and they're missing in this iteration. Two years in, the game is still quite boring. I would love the surprise phone calls from Sims 1 about winning the lottery and such. And just the little things that keep it interesting. Get together made your friends call you sometimes to go out which was nice! I just can't stress hard enough on how important it is to release a bunch of classic NPCs faster and not one every 3 months. They need to cover the basics already!
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Options
    winsorleewinsorlee Posts: 1 New Member
    New careers like a celebrity, singer or actor something like that perhaps when the sim hang out in a public area, everyone goes shocked and excited when seeing the sim and the sim can disguise themselves from being discovered while dating and such
  • Options
    NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member
    Pris3718 wrote: »
    I'm a rotational player so I like it. Still think they could add it as an optional thing.

Lol actually some of the non played Sims do stuff, like my one Sim family has a few relationships with single or married women, which was really dumb, then I had my one Sim beat this guy for being in a romantic relationship with another Sim :P
    'Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
    Quote from Isaiah 41:10
  • Options
    TrendorinaTrendorina Posts: 48 Member
    The game needs:
    Story progression
    Multi-task improvement
    Emotion system improvement - Sims act and react all the same way independently of its emotions.
  • Options
    CakesonCakeson Posts: 10 New Member
    1)Delete button for cc in-game like it was in Sims 2
    2)Full load neighbourhoods, not only one lot
    3)Career dancer, career spa worker
    4)Change pose while doing a selfie
    5)Take a photo in play mode
    6)Business at home
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Core gameplay needs massive improvement.

No matter how much fluff they add on top of the game (e.g restaurants, seasons, etc.) it will not truly fix the game for many of us.
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    How about adding transportation back to the game.How about fixing the baby and adding toddlers back.
  • Options
    DelthissDelthiss Posts: 3 New Member
    The lack of toddlers is literally the reason I have stopped buying anything Sims 4 related and will cease to play this shell of a game. I am tired of trying to have families in my game when all the kids end up looking like twins, triplets, whatever because there's no real variation in life stages.
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    How about releasing it from the Origin requirement so that, down the road, if someone wants to sell their game, they can. It's really plummy that if someone plays for a month and gets bored with it, he or she can't re-sell it.
  • Options
    ThePoeticPreacherThePoeticPreacher Posts: 531 Member
    I feel you @Snow Kitty I like the game with all the adult stuff you can do but they are really lacking with family stuff...this new kid stuff pack is a shot in the face...
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • Options
    beville wrote: »
    How about adding transportation back to the game.How about fixing the baby and adding toddlers back.

I heard that, it would make the game feel more realistic if they add cars/transportation...instead of disappearing to work, I like the cars is sims 3, it makes the game feel extra special...then how about they add a race car career to the game to, where sims can race and win money...like 30,000 for first place or something...
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    I would love a fix for this screenshot dump - which is a useless mess right now for using in any manner of our remembering (never mind the Sims) what went on in a certain family.
    If we had control over the screenshots - to put them in the family group where they belonged - it would go a long way in improving the present mess.
  • Options
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Core gameplay needs massive improvement.

No matter how much fluff they add on top of the game (e.g restaurants, seasons, etc.) it will not truly fix the game for many of us.

Fo real, like you would have to basically put everything in this game that was in sims 3 to make it great or epic...
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • Options
    Cakeson wrote: »
    1)Delete button for cc in-game like it was in Sims 2
    2)Full load neighbourhoods, not only one lot
    3)Career dancer, career spa worker
    4)Change pose while doing a selfie
    5)Take a photo in play mode
    6)Business at home

I feel you on that business at home....
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • Options
    Trendorina wrote: »
    The game needs:
    Story progression
    Multi-task improvement
    Emotion system improvement - Sims act and react all the same way independently of its emotions.

I feel you on that story progression ....that would be nice..instead of us making up stories in our mind with these challenges...
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • Options
    winsorlee wrote: »
    New careers like a celebrity, singer or actor something like that perhaps when the sim hang out in a public area, everyone goes shocked and excited when seeing the sim and the sim can disguise themselves from being discovered while dating and such

I feel you on the celebrity thing that would be nice, then that's when they should add the movie star, band, solo singer/rapper job and skill objects to the game...
    pO5uos8.jpg