Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• Options
    TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited February 2016
    aaronjc123 wrote: »
    > @FallenPrince said:
    > @sauced As much as I liked open worlds it won't happen. TS3 lagged like a cat for so many people. That is why they dismissed the open worlds idea in the first place.

But it's a very highly rated game and popular still. Despite the lag issues, people really enjoyed it.

The Sims 3 was a great game, I'm not calling it indefinitely bad. The lag was unsavory, but it had everything you would expect a completed game to have.
    The Sims 4 runs like butter, and it isn't complete. It has just started it's second year, and more updates are surely coming with many new features. :)
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    @Tarruvi I have to agree. We cannot exepct sims 4 to have weather, pets and etc if it was always added with EP's before. And EP's require time to make.
  • Options
    MinecraftdSimmerMinecraftdSimmer Posts: 561 Member
    > @sauced said:
    > Open worlds and a way to add empy lots is a good way to start.

They cannot just make the game open world now. Besides, I think it is better being closed with the amount of sims you see around town and the less lag. It would be great if they could make it so that the houses in each section are all loaded so you can go from one house then to the one across the street without a loading screen, much like Sims 3 Console
  • Options
    MinecraftdSimmerMinecraftdSimmer Posts: 561 Member
    It can be fixed by making it not so bright and happy. I would like to see it more family styled, less florescent. I enjoyed sneaking around at night and stealing stuff. I guess now we can steal things, but it just doesn't feel the same
  • Options
    SimClover___SimClover___ Posts: 68 Member
    *cough cough* Toddlers?
  • Options
    SophieLogicSophieLogic Posts: 53 Member
    > @SimClover___ said:
    > *cough cough* Toddlers?

You'd think by now they'd get the hint with all of our toddler talk!
  • Options
    @SophieLogic I know. The creaters know how simmers worldwide rampage over their facebook, youtube channel, news comment section and these forums over the toddlers. Making such a picture and not actually giving us toddlers would be a bad move for them, because people can go beserk.
  • Options
    SimClover___SimClover___ Posts: 68 Member
    > @FallenPrince said:
    > @SophieLogic I know. The creaters know how simmers worldwide rampage over their facebook, youtube channel, news comment section and these forums over the toddlers. Making such a picture and not actually giving us toddlers would be a bad move for them, because people can go beserk.

Agreed, and my favorite stage is actually Toddlers, so that's why I haven't purchased the Sims 4.
  • Options
    Valkyrie040Valkyrie040 Posts: 42 Member
    In ground bathtubs for a change! :) While you're at it, in ground hot tubs or jacuzzis as well.
  • Options
    lurveylurvey Posts: 1 New Member
    I was wondering if there will be pets, season, washer and dryers?
  • Options
    SimmerWriterSimmerWriter Posts: 5 New Member
    We need more bedding colours!
  • Options
    @SimmerWriter And more wallpaints and carpets. In base game, there are just 2 carpets with few, pale colours. I think they should add a soimple carpet with base colours like red, blue,yellow, green, purple, black and etc. Ot's dificult to style a room sometimes, whihc is annoying.
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I don't understand why things like washers/dryers were absent from base games anyway.. they should have been included from the very beginning.
  • Options
    saucedsauced Posts: 7 New Member
    > @FallenPrince said:
    > @sauced As much as I liked open worlds it won't happen. TS3 lagged like a cat for so many people. That is why they dismissed the open worlds idea in the first place.

Sims 3 lagged like a cat for many reasons.

The Sims 3 launcher.
    Lack of 64bit support
    Sims getting stuck often
    More lots in Sims 3 worlds
    Sims 3 had more sims to load in one zone.
  • Options
    @sauced Yes, and that is why it was often annoying for players who had bad computers. My experience with TS3 was nice- it did freeze a lot, but there was no lag until Island Paradise.
  • Options
    > @FallenPrince said:
    > @SimmerWriter And more wallpaints and carpets. In base game, there are just 2 carpets with few, pale colours. I think they should add a soimple carpet with base colours like red, blue,yellow, green, purple, black and etc. Ot's dificult to style a room sometimes, whihc is annoying.

I agree. And there's the whole problem where swatches don't match, either. Green is the one colour that can be a difficult colour scheme because it's the hardest to match.
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Just my humble 2 cents here ... I am a fan .. and a patient fan.

I am not unhappy with S4 but there are things I would like to see. I am glad for no open world cause i actually get to play this one w/o crashing (and I have a nice computer with a rather nice graphics card so it is not the ... my penchant for cc might have a bit to do with the crashing tho) ...

*I agree with @zombii3 .. I am often irritated by the fact that when loading a family they always go back to the sidewalk .. not a deal breaker but sure would be nice to have them doing what I left them to do.

* I agree with @JULES1111 .. I like the cops and the burglers .. firemen too.

*I agree with @KrayzieStryker .. I would like the last name to change when married

I would like to see more traits (I hate to waste my mods and cc space with them .. sorry Drew Shivers LOL)

Even a LITTLE story progression would be nice.

I would like for those who remain at home to not have their needs remain static while one member of the household is at work or gone .. it would be nice to actually have them DO something while gone.

AND I would like to be able to keep my books (yes I have a mod for that but again it take up mod space LOL)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    I would really like story progression. That was what I enjoyed the most about Sims 3. Maybe it should be featured in the Generations expansion back? I think that that feature would fit it very well.
  • Options
    ivanrobert15ivanrobert15 Posts: 2 New Member
    We really need toddlers,they're super cute,and I find it really weird that in The Sims 4,you born a baby today,and tomorrow they're already children :neutral: ,please fix it,or ad least add it in an expansion pack or game pack
  • Options
    @SimmerWriter I also miss story progression. I loved it in TS2, where you could add stories to the pictures and create your own story progression. This definately needs to come back.
    @ivanrobert15 It seems like you have the shortest lifespawn. Check your settings- you can make sim lives longer and then babies will stay babies for a longer time.
  • Options
    worldofdrakanworldofdrakan Posts: 329 Member
    edited March 2016
    The biggest ones for me:
    The option to ignore/disable chance cards- That magical ignore button for TS2 chance cards is completely absent now, forcing us to make risky choices. This should have been base game!
    An end to the rampant xenophobia- Stop being so unreasonably angry at my aliens and making them embarrassed all the time! They want to be able to walk around proudly without their disguise! And it stinks that we have to save up points for a reward trait just to keep them from always being embarrassed!
  • Options
    Molly360Molly360 Posts: 731 Member
    Movable Sims with the MOO Cheat. I am missing that a great deal :(
  • Options
    kyle12534kyle12534 Posts: 2 New Member
    Add dogs and cats i miss pets in the game so much please i miss dogs in the game so much please make the next expansion pack be pets i want pets that's why i get board in the Sims 4 and go to the the sims 3 pets
  • Options
    sdg4407sdg4407 Posts: 9 New Member
    add sexuality opinions. everybody can't just be *Technically* Bi
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruSteve @SimGuruDaniel Please don't ignore this important thread, it's REALLY helpful for you guys to understand what we want from the game! :)