Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• keyendeekeyendee Posts: 66 Member
    HD TV
  • megadragongirlmegadragongirl Posts: 2 New Member
    edited May 2015
    More ways sims can interact with each other and still build skills.
    Be it sports related like soccer,tennis, or spar since they can box the punching bag.
    basketball
    laser tag

Or even video gaming together or boardgames.

Parents can read to their kids
    And tree houses!
  • HamsysincyHamsysincy Posts: 142 Member
    Personally, i am now taking a long break from playing Sims. The game is still buggy, no new worlds except for a tiny Magnolia Promenade and its just repetitively boring right now. Perhaps after a while i will find this game interesting and play back.

Also, i may not touch this game at all if there is no new world. (Yes i prefer having new world coming out first than toddlers)
  • keyendeekeyendee Posts: 66 Member
    Why Didn't They get back the Low Cooking Skill Food. Like a Burned Food because of Low Cooking Skill. And they didn't get back the Sleeping Animations which a Sim is moving when sleeping, And The Bed Interaction "Make Bed" It kinda looks TS3/TS2 if they get back this MicroFeature!
  • ShannonCShannonC Posts: 2 New Member
    edited May 2015
    The ability to drive vehicles as we once did when we go somewhere. Also, make the cars stop at lights and add crossing areas. It's funny to watch my people stand in the street talking and are "run over" by the vehicles going by.
    More venue types (grocery stores, movie theaters, restaurants, clothing stores, hospital, cemetery, arcade, coffee shops, town hall) And to be able to own these items and be able to care for them whether or not the owning Sim is present. Owners aren't always at their business while the business is open.

Split jobs up so that something such as Writer isn't just a novelist, but a journalist, technical writer. Make it so at a particular promotion time the promoted Sim can decide which direction to take the career.

Pets would be nice but nothing where they have jobs. Be able to train them to do things such as protecting or sniffing out objects. Small, medium, and large and if too many different species then give us the ability to make the dogs in a CAS like area. Maybe a career for Sims as a groomer. Children/teens can have a job walking dogs.

I'd like to see more options in clothing. Especially since we can own clothing stores. Perhaps a seamstress/tailor career that can evolve into a fashion designer.

I had been all for college but that became boring quickly as there weren't many interactions that were different from just being at home. Have the ability to apply to different colleges, apply for scholarships or be awarded them based on school performance/job performance.

Sims love to dance, how about a dancing career? We could design a dance studio where they can practice.

I'm currently having a problem in my game where my sims will become stuck and time keeps going, then the glitch stops, time goes back to when the glitch began and everyone goes on with what they were doing. I don't know if it is something I caused or just a glitch as my son doesn't seem to have the problem in his game.

Yes, the random flirting is annoying. I even found one of my sims children with a romance gauge for his mother.

Also, can someone fix the clock when we go to work with the doctor, et al. It has me go in at 8 am and says I get out at 2 am but I only have 8 hours, give or take with staying late, before I go home. If those careers are supposed to be longer than 8 hours it would be nice to stay and complete it. The clock for the career and the clock for the game do not sync.
    Post edited by ShannonC on
  • ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I would love if we got some of The Sims 2´s features back. Could you add more realistic emotions that don´t look or feel too cartoony? Some emotional depth would be really cool. The Sims 4 should also have better society system where Sims interact better with each other, for example, when a child Sim´s parents divorce or their grandfather/grandmother dies, the child Sim should be first shocked, then really sad. There are phases in feelings in real life (according to psychology), so why not in The Sims 4 as well? Also Sims 4 should have the same option as in The Sims 3: ability to move individual Sim(s) from the current house to a new lot in the world. I really need that option, it would make it easier to play with a Legacy Challenge family.
  • AlisiaDAlisiaD Posts: 147 Member
    I loved the turn ons and turn offs in TS2 (I realise that was part of an expansion pack, but it added so much more depth to the Sims). What I think would be really cool though, would be to not only have that set up for romance, but also for friendly relationships. Things your Sim likes in other Sims, and things that they dislike. That way, they click more with certain Sims, and can make friends with them much easier, and clash with others, and find it very challenging to become friends with them, just like in real life.
  • adfuturumadfuturum Posts: 3 New Member
    edited May 2015
    That's a great list of things to add/change, totally agree with all of them! The only other things I'd love to see back would be spiral staircases, autobiographies and toddlers (but I imagine that's a big add-on and maybe in the spirit of a family expansion back?) I miss those. :)
  • firefly4477firefly4477 Posts: 128 Member
    I would just like to point out that out of the OPs original list of 102 items (which I felt were on the nose), the developers have implemented 8. The game has been out for about 8 moths. At this rate, we will have a great game in 8.5 years.
  • ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    At this rate, we will have a great game in 8.5 years.
    Sure we will! It just won't be TS4.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • NeonivekNeonivek Posts: 1,373 Member
    edited May 2015
    Ok it sounds silly but...

Perhaps with expansions you could... expand... On the personalities, rewards, and aspirations.

Sure The Sims 2 didn't give you many new aspirations as the game went on (only 2)... but the aspirations that were there were essentially expanded and the aspirations meant a LOT more to a Sim then even all the personality traits mean to a Sim in The sims 4.

I know it sounds silly as a "fix" but honestly... it would go a long way into making your expansions feel more thought out. Heck I almost thought I didn't install the expansion.

---

Finally this is something that would fix The Sims 3

Make Lifestages more mix and match

It was desperately missing from The Sims 3 and if The Sims 4 hasn't fixed this already...

----

But FORGET all of that... Here is one

"I met the sim at work and brought him home"

I forgot about this feature because it wasn't really in The Sims 3... But because you are back in closed neighborhoods perhaps you might want to bring it back as a feature that Sims will randomly, from time to time, bring people from work and school home with them.
    Post edited by Neonivek on
  • SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    Don't know if these were mentioned: yoga and tai chi, martial arts, bicycles and motorcycles, community swimming pools, tennis courts, golf courses, skating rinks (ice and roller), bowling... basically more things to do. I'd also like to see short showers, the ability to grill up the fish my Sim has caught, flush mounted ceiling lights, more contemporary furnishings (right now, everything looks either country or out of the 1960s, or both), lawn sprinklers and lawn mowers. And I'd love to see the whole game brightened up. It's still so dark.

The Page 1 list was quite comprehensive and I agree with just about all of it. These were a few things I didn't see on the list.
  • thepumpulathepumpula Posts: 15 Member
    edited May 2015
    Bigger neighbourhoods, Toddlers, Astrological signs, Fully adjustable lifespans, Reactions to events, Option to change last name after marriage... in this order :)
  • thepumpulathepumpula Posts: 15 Member
    edited May 2015
    got it
    Post edited by thepumpula on
  • NeonivekNeonivek Posts: 1,373 Member
    thepumpula wrote: »
    Oh, and horses....

Not quite sure that I'd want expansion content to fill this list. :P
  • ChaoticCassperChaoticCassper Posts: 1 New Member
    I haven't run into glitches or anything. Every single thing runs really smoothly! Here are a few things I would like to see (although they mostly pertain to the Get to Work pack)
    -Added lots for stores
    -Owning a store should count as a career, Business Owner and then the store name?
    -An option for doors in a store for "Employees Only" to keep customers from entering certain rooms
    -An option on the cash register to close at specified time
    -When you start to buy a store, have a list of what you may want the store to be (Bakery or retail) because I attempted to make a bakery and it just didn't work out like I wanted it to.

I understand that the goal is to make the base game perfect, but the only things I've encountered to I want to change or see are in the Get to Work pack!
  • ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    - Online Dating feature back please! :wink:
    - I also want the fortune teller from Sims 2 Nightlife back so that our Sims could find new romantic interests easier, but they could also buy some serums/potions from them :smile:
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    edited May 2015
    -Weather: outerwear, snowy mountain cabin retreat + beaches, volleyball, sandcastles, hotels, fun.
    -Safaris, jungle exploration, diverse wild animals, tomb raiding.
    -Matchmaking service
    -The magic book from sims 1: i think 40-50 amazing and diverse, bizarre effects and their outcomes.
    -Turn ons, turn offs.
    -Mrs. Crumplebottom and some actual fun iconic NPCs. (Tragic clown, crumplebottom, matchmaker, Maid, etc)
    -Faster gardening. And the garden club from TS2 season where a group of elders come and judge you :D
    -More sims on lots, option for those of us whose computers can handle it. We don't want empty clubs when a Nightlife EP comes.
    -AND MOST IMPORTANTLY: Modify the heights for teens so they differ from YA and Adults!!!
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • DaemonPawsDaemonPaws Posts: 192 Member
    Map/lot customization, better hair customization - I loved in Sims 3 how you could add streaks or colored tips by playing with the color wheel, hair retexture to make it look less plastic, more/better CAS options, toddlers, open world, locking doors, story progression, more control over maps and lot size, less of the disappearing/teleporting to and from places (work, school), bigger neighborhoods with more to do, better control over randomly generated sims (all of the ones in my town have been insane lately?), improved culling, increased population cap, better emotions - I just can't believe those are working as intended right now.

I really want the cash register to actually work so people line up at it instead of hunting for them all around the store. It could be some sort of customer service counter were people ready to check out gather just so they are moving away from merchandise and better indicate they are ready to check out.
    Origin - DaemonPaws
  • Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    @FusionFang7 I just thought of something. Achievements should be permanent. So if I wipe out the folder to start completely fresh, I don't have to go through and get them all over again. We can save lots, rooms, Sims to the gallery, why not our achievements when we connect online? In fact, they could connect back here to The Sims Forums!
  • wew1331wew1331 Posts: 4 New Member
    -We need to be able to do something with flowers other than collect them, and do the microscopic prints. Need a florist career, or a vase to display some of them. Need a place to store them as well. And Why can we only move items one at a time when moving from person to person. Or, maybe something art related, using the pedals to make pictures.
    -Really need door locks - especially when owning a business. Need a place for employees to relax and recharge energy.
    -Hobby idea - Glass work like from sims 3. Windows, sculptures, useable vases.
    -Collectable finder! Bring this back please!
    -More furniture from woodworking (Couches, living chairs, beds, benches, dressers, bookcases, Desks) Since we have cooking and gourmet cooking, call it advanced woodworking, or advanced handiness. If sewing is added, you could combine the 2 and have cushions for couches and living chairs being added, or blankets and linens for beds.
    -Pool Table
    -Door Locks!
    -Wall mounted display cases for crystals, metals and elements (Elemental table is okay, but would be so much better on the wall). And, the table itself needs to be expanded for the new element from GTW.
    -A stockroom for stores, where store restocking is done from.
    -The ability to set store hours so that when family members are not there, the store can still be open.
    -A bin for store for things to be sold out of (like spare parts).
    -when visiting sixam -the ship should land so can eat, shower, use bathroom
    -ability to make one Giant batch of herbal remedies & Serums based on supplies in stock instead of one each time (even if the large batch takes a few extra moments).
    -Oh Yeah, Door Locks! (really thought this would have been a standard thing).
    -Exactly how many rocket crashes can one have before a sim dies?
  • pythonpunkgirlpythonpunkgirl Posts: 240 Member
    I have no desire to read this entire thread (though I'm sure there are tons of great ideas) so I apologize if this has already been said, but I have a couple of things that I think would help fix the game.

1.) EA/Maxis needs to bridge the gap between the company and the players. The lack of communication breeds distrust and the echoes of "we hear you" always seem to be silently followed with "but we're going to do what we want anyway because we don't care." I do understand that they may feel silence is best because they don't want the community to feel betrayed if something goes wrong and a project needs to be delayed or cancelled, however it seems to me that being upfront and honest about players issues would be met with more respect and understanding. I think the company being more open would help to rebuild the trust many people have lost during this debacle.
    2.) I think the company needs to do a survey to find out who the actual demographic is. Targeting to ten year olds or fifty year olds won't be very helpful if the majority of players are in their early twenties. They need to figure out everything they can about what the average simmer wants in the game and work on that. However, they would need to set aside any bias so it probably would be smart if they hired a third party company to do the survey.
    3.) They need to admit that they are not infallible and that their vision may not be the same as the majority of the community's. The only way anyone can grow is if they realize they aren't infallible.
  • GreblajaGreblaja Posts: 7 New Member
    To me, having everyone one of an age type the same height seems a bit bland. I'm sure there are technical issues (world interactions) that keep them from implementing a slide bar for height, but even a Small/Medium/Large type of quantization of height options would be thematically interesting.
  • damali81damali81 Posts: 12 New Member
    I get notifications for every little thing that I do in the game, why can't I get a notification that someone is at the door to visit me. I don't play wit the volume on high every time to hear the knock. simple enough I think.
  • miitxn29miitxn29 Posts: 1,198 Member
    So many good ideas!! I would love more hair colors for sure, getting tired of the same colors over and over. Also, please bring back the random trait generator!!!! I want to have children that have random traits...it makes it more interesting. And I agree whole heartedly with everyone that asked for small (regular sized even) telescopes. That monstrosity in game is fun...but with some of these tiny lots there is no way to fit it!