Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• Options
    yuemeiyuemei Posts: 3 New Member
    I noticed that ever since the new update, when my Sims are having food at restaurants, some other NPC always takes the food from our table and eats it themselves once it has been served. This never happened before the newest patch.
  • Options
    mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    yuemei wrote: »
    I noticed that ever since the new update, when my Sims are having food at restaurants, some other NPC always takes the food from our table and eats it themselves once it has been served. This never happened before the newest patch.

Well go and distract the sim to get a free food!!
    Oh hamburgers!
  • Options
    dahliaauerbachdahliaauerbach Posts: 1 New Member
    i feel like a single family should be able to own multiple houses, especially with the new island living expansion
  • Options
    LuisammoLuisammo Posts: 4 New Member
    Honestly, at this point all I ask is the simple option to have portraits like TS3 back! I dont't know if it's complicated to make but I really miss it. I like family playing and it's awful to have only the wall option for photos. I miss having picture frames that can be put over tables or anywhere else other than a wall.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    -simbots
    -mermaids being able to eat fish or produce from their inventory while in water.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    ForkySporkyForkySporky Posts: 91 Member
    Elder interactions. Elders are even more of a non-entity than teens. Give me retirement living or something. Give me a reason to think Gramps is the bomb. Have him tell stories or teach skills or something. Something.
  • Options
    Pris3718Pris3718 Posts: 37 Member
    Bubbz3388 wrote: »

I have the same problem.
  • Options
    Pris3718Pris3718 Posts: 37 Member
    Elder interactions. Elders are even more of a non-entity than teens. Give me retirement living or something. Give me a reason to think Gramps is the bomb. Have him tell stories or teach skills or something. Something.

This comes with autonomous world life. That does not exist in the Sims 4. Would be nice if it could happen.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Mermaids are half fish they do not eat fish - fish is their friends and families.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    yuemeiyuemei Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="Bubbz3388;c-17124883"][quote="yuemei;c-17124822"]I noticed that ever since the new update, when my Sims are having food at restaurants, some other NPC always takes the food from our table and eats it themselves once it has been served. This never happened before the newest patch.[/quote]

Well go and distract the sim to get a free food!![/quote]

Lmao, I'd love to, but I'm unfortunately not that type of gamer unless it does with their traits.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    Pris3718 wrote: »
    Bubbz3388 wrote: »

I have the same problem.

They don't do it in my game, but I guess it might be the restaurantsittweak mod taking care of that issue.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    WillKDavidWillKDavid Posts: 136 Member
    edited June 2019
    Simple interactions that should already be in the game and don't require mods that usually break after updates.
    Post edited by WillKDavid on
  • Options
    adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    One thing that should definitely be fixed is when Sims just stand there doing nothing. For example, telling a Sim to talk to another and all they do is just look at them for long periods of time, or just nodding their heads and saying "Ah huh" to a non-conversation. Don't know how many times I was playing last night and most of the time, my Sims just stood there staring off into space, like they were frozen. It took a few times pressing the Pause button then unpausing just to get them moving.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    WorldRocker2kWorldRocker2k Posts: 38 Member
    BETTER BEDS! I suggest that the Dev team fix beds so that each bed starts off at the same comfort/energy levels-low-and you need to upgrade it several times or have a 'mega-upgrade' that will give the bed the best settings all at once. This would be in the form of 'upgrade' which many electronics and other items in the game have. This would add more realism because every so often people do need to get new mattresses. This also fixes the issue people run into when creating bedrooms. They will probably choose the better functioning bed over the bed-der looking bed even if it doesn't match the surrounding furniture. Or vice versa, someone may sacrifice the quality of the Sims sleep just to have a nice duvet cover. I have no knowledge of how this would be created but you might not even need a new animation! Maybe just a poof of dust to show that it's changed like in build mode. I would really like to see this made because it adds realism and people can choose what bed they want without sacrificing quality! I've made this post 3 times before- once in 2015, 2016 and 2018-please share!
  • Options
    WisdawnWisdawn Posts: 5 New Member
    The Award Ceremony is a very interesting part of the game that, surprisingly enough, really changes the pace and routine of things. However, I unfortunately forget to go 9 times out of 10 while managing a household of Sims that I'd like to help succeed in sim-life or whatever.

So can we, please, get a feature to add a pop-up reminder (like the same existing ones we get for many other things at the top right corner) before the event starts by an hour?

In fact, this can be a reminder for anything in the calendar really. We should be able to go to the calendar and set a reminder for any of the event there, although I can't see a reason to use this feature for anything other than the Award Ceremony, so far.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited June 2019
    I'd love to see them add neighborhood traits like the lot traits they patched in earlier. It would give us a little more control on what goes on in certain neighborhoods.

I could see traits like no/only supernaturals, dog/cat walkthroughs, private neighborhood (no random sims walking through), in world people only, young/old/rich/poor, rough (fights break out on the street), friendly (neighbors will show up to chat or help out), etc.
  • Options
    Mr_SlimstaMr_Slimsta Posts: 31 Member
    I'd love to see more attention paid to Elderly Sims? The ability to do sewing, water aerobics and other ways to make the Elderly life stage more enjoyable.

Also make it so two different foundation heights can be next to eachother.
    Check out my latest build "Origami" - Build Showcase!

SmFZ6Dl.png

• Options
    After last night playing, what I'd like to see is the frame-rate fixed. This game should be perfectly smooth yet last night after I'd been playing for a few hours, I entered Build mode and... it... was... tak... ing... so... long... to... place... an... item... and.. back... into... Live... Mode.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    StartellerStarteller Posts: 11 New Member
    Can you please stop the auto searching and waiting until we press enter. It slows down the machine when we try to select the categories.
  • Options
    Ruby-QRuby-Q Posts: 4 New Member
    I don't know if this is just a bug in my game or a general thing, but I'd love for toddlers to take a bit less time eating (and actually be full when they're done!)

My tots seem to spend more time napping in high-chairs than they do anything else and never seem to finish a meal before, suddenly, they want out or someone's coming to 'check' on them and completely messing up everything to the point where they're either getting to the point of starvation or just passing out...

And that's not even mentioning the tantrums/crying they seem to do before eating. I click so desperately, fill up the task bar, in fact with one simple command: Eat Ham and Cheese Sandwich. And it's all overwritten by one simple autonomous command: cry.

So they cry...and get hungrier and sleepier, which makes them cry more...meanwhile this ham and cheese sandwich just spoils on the floor.

I just...I can't...I can't bring myself to officially say "Well you can either sleep or starve!"

Meanwhile, they learn no skills.
  • Options
    LeelathesimLeelathesim Posts: 25 Member
    I would love if we could change the height of our sims! There are so many heights in real life and I would love to see that affect the genetics as well.
  • Options
    AppleByteAppleByte Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love there to be a more dynamic view for players with dual displays.

Imagine your main screen is your normal sims view and your second display is used to see all your active sim, their traits, skills, needs, etc. It would clear up space and allow for less clicking between views (Obviously this would be an option not all players with multiple monitors need to have this view)
  • Options
    Simmer517Simmer517 Posts: 2 New Member
    I would like to be able to replace the water in the laundry tub when living on an off-the-grid lot. We need more off-the-grid lighting options! There are several candle ceiling lights that shouldn't need electricity but somehow do. Please make them work off-grid. There needs to be an option for a wood stove or gas stove for off-the-grid living so sims can still eat the same food and make birthday cakes to age up. Also, can the npcs STOP STEALING MY SIM'S FOOD when they go out to eat? Can I get a nightlight that works off-the-grid so the kids stop waking up every five seconds because they think there's a monster under the bed? There's a regular nightlight that fixes it, but my off-the-grid sims can't use it. I'm to the point where I'm so annoyed that I cheat them up to teenagers so I don't have to deal with it.
  • Options
    How about for the "clutter" and "decoration objects (fruit bowl icon)" to be sorted by room?
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    LexalooLexaloo Posts: 20 Member
    keeping up with current interior design trends and consistent color swatches