Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• TyrianPrinceTyrianPrince Posts: 44 Member
    So first off, bless you guys for Newcrest. Having just one world of blank slate to "do as you will" was a godsend. But the one thing I really miss from TS3 was the ability to add lots up to a specified size. I'm just a little sad that Newcrest lacks a 64x64 lot. I love a lot of the parks and houses that come with the game and I'm really bad about never wanting to bulldoze them, but at the same time, sometimes I'm playing a household or retail store that just needs that rare gem of a huge lot and none of them are free unless you bulldoze something. Honestly I'd just like a little more variety of lot sizes in each world. Frankly I was really disappointed with Forgotten Hollow only having 30x30 and 30x20 lots aside from Straud Mansion (queue me feeling way too guilty to move Vladislaus) since I love my big vampire families.
  • TyrianPrinceTyrianPrince Posts: 44 Member
    > @TyrianPrince said:
    > So first off, bless you guys for Newcrest. Having just one world of blank slate to "do as you will" was a godsend. But the one thing I really miss from TS3 was the ability to add lots up to a specified size. I'm just a little sad that Newcrest lacks a 64x64 lot. I love a lot of the parks and houses that come with the game and I'm really bad about never wanting to bulldoze them, but at the same time, sometimes I'm playing a household or retail store that just needs that rare gem of a huge lot and none of them are free unless you bulldoze something. Honestly I'd just like a little more variety of lot sizes in each world. Frankly I was really disappointed with Forgotten Hollow only having 30x30 and 30x20 lots aside from Straud Mansion (queue me feeling way too guilty to move Vladislaus) since I love my big vampire families.

To summarize, more lots please?
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    rjssim wrote: »
    Not having GeekCon on a rainy day, lol! All of the electronics were broken! It was hilarious!

Patching in umbrellas/tents/tarps over the electronics for GeekCon and outdoor dance parties (especially at the Ruins) if they must have it on rainy days.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Eldircora wrote: »
    I wish you could get wine and beer from the fridge, I often don't have room for a bar in my house or it ruints the esthetic.

"Purchase nectar" or "purchase canned beverages" should definitely be an option on the fridge, then a bottle of "nectar" or 6 pack of cans would show up in the fridge, and the option to "take a serving" from that bottle or pack of cans should be available. (Bonus points if they add spooky stuff like "witches brew" around "Spooky Day"/Hallows Eve (like the parody labels you sometimes see in craft stores and novelty stores around that time of year). Harvestable pumpkins are something else I would love to see, along with a pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread recipe.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Elissa28Elissa28 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would like to see more things in build mode. Bunk Beds, Cars and Garages.
    Also different types of staircases. ie, U-Shape, L-Shape, Grand Staircases, Split Staircases, Spiral etc...
    Maybe even a tool to adjust staircases.
    We also need more color choices, not happy with the choices we have.
  • _biht__biht_ Posts: 1 New Member
    The apartment should be able to modify the front doors space. at least in the 888 spire.
  • EternalMistressEternalMistress Posts: 1 New Member
    In The Sims 2: Hot Date, we were able to propose while having dinner on our dates! I miss this so much, I know it's a small tweak, but it really adds something special.
  • Forever0216Forever0216 Posts: 4 New Member
    I am color deficient and would love to see a colorblind option that labels all the walls, roofing, and other things that have big base colors. Multicolored picture frames and stuff aren't super important for color scheming but it's almost impossible for me to solo build a house without asking for help from my family. Thank you! ❤️
  • HanrozHanroz Posts: 2 New Member
    I wouldn't really mind not being able to change the number of lots in a world if EA could release more empty worlds like newcrest. Ones that can just be downloaded in a patch. Also, as stated, more lots in each world- there doesn't have to be ton of them, just more than 10. Although I like the Vampires Pack, I'm very disappointed with the number of lots, as well as with Strangerville and Del Sol Valley. I would REALLY like it if these worlds could be updated with more lots, along with gallery lots that can go in them, but that might be asking too much. Strangerville doesn't even have a park! I ended up having to make one on Cliff Side Crest. I know more lots has been mentioned already, but I want to show that I agree. And I DEFINITELY was more base game worlds like Newcrest. I have WAY too many families I want to play as, but I barely have anyplace to move them in.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    More lots I definitely agree with. Maybe have no smaller than 40x30 and maybe have a large 74x74 lot right at the end.
    2quwd7.gif

• Mistress_ofthe_DarkMistress_ofthe_Dark Posts: 2 New Member
    Just as an edit, it would be nice to be able to see the weather on the world map. What I mean is this: when you go to the world map to travel and whatnot, it would be cool to see if in Brindleton Bay it is raining and in Del Sol Valley it is sunny and so on and so forth.
  • NurseKneesNurseKnees Posts: 19 Member
    I’m going to agree with a bunch of other people and say an improved ability to edit worlds. It would be nice to add or subtract lots, edit terrain and manipulate the configuration to better suit how you would like to play the game.
  • HopeCrashHopeCrash Posts: 119 Member
    - More hair colors ASAP. Why nobody says it?
    - Cars obviously
    - More community/social events. Similar to the festivals and protests in CL
    - amore business options, like beauty salon, tattoo shop idk something like that
    - More neighborhoods!!! Give us free one too like Newcrest
    - More active career
    - Underwater and scuba diving pack
    - More tattoos and please add piecing!!
    More colour variations for outifts.
    2quwd7.gif

• KlitriKlitri Posts: 5 New Member
    More Clothing options for sure!
  • PyromanserPyromanser Posts: 1 New Member
    I would like a gameplay option, currently we have "Disable autonomy for selected sim". I would like one that do the same but only when the sim has a "follow to work type carer".

When a sim is in a social setting or at home. Im fine not beeing so hands on. But when your trying to stear the sim in for example the doctor carer and the sim is constantly buying new drinks, going for meals, buying micro food from far across the building! That grinds my gears.

Another thing, Get the food first THEN pay! I mean seriously! When a sim is just starting out it doing stuff like this realy hurts the budget.
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,669 Member
    Muscle definition: like TS3, different from muscle tone, punching bag can gain muscle definition, weight machine can gain muscle tone. Sims who already made are same in the two slider.
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited May 2019
    repeat post please delete
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Unnatural hair genetics (I want kids born with blue hair)

More fantasy life states

Magic

Servos

More fleshed out traits
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Watersgrl2Watersgrl2 Posts: 20 Member
    I would like for my sims to drive cars please. "Driving" as a new skill to learn would be cool too.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    rjssim wrote: »
    Not having GeekCon on a rainy day, lol! All of the electronics were broken! It was hilarious!

Patching in umbrellas/tents/tarps over the electronics for GeekCon and outdoor dance parties (especially at the Ruins) if they must have it on rainy days.

I had a couple get married at the Bluffs when it was pouring rain. Luckily, their obscenely wealthy friend was there and paid to have the entire Bluffs enclosed in glass.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    THe ability to build small apartment complexes, like in sims 2 - like say I'd like to make an old Victorian house and divide it up into 3 sections, but I only want to control my one sim. while others move into the other 2 parts of the house with out my having to control them. I was really disappointed in the apartments in 3 and 4.

more negative consequences to chance cards, I want to actually fear making the wrong decision - these performance gain medium or small things make the game far too easy to get rich in, if I wanted to get rich that easy I'd just motherlode.

more places to build. I was extremely disappointed to find out how small the worlds are - open world I could take or leave but I don't like having to build on the same like 6 lots. The worlds are small and I honestly believe a world should have come with each EP SP and GP, though of varying sizes. Each pack has a theme, build the world around that theme, I'd even take worlds EMPTY just give us new places to go and more room to put things. I'm constantly deleting restaurants and spas and replacing them so my sim can do stuff. and please make home businesses a thing especially with such a small amount of real estate available.

When throwing parties I want to be able to see the kids friends when the mom throws a birthday party for the kids. just have the entire households friends show up in the prompt and give a tooltip over the icon whos friend they are and what their relationship is like in sims 3 I think it was.

I'd also really like it if the traits we choose for our sim really mattered. Like self-assured sims should feel confident 99% of the time. Genus sims should be focused 99% of the time, I feel like if they have an emotional trait instead of being happy 99% of the time they should default to that particular emotion. my sims just all feel samey personality wise despite having a dad be Hot-headed slob and evil feels the same as having his daughter be a good, neat, dance machine.

Could there be a 'go to school' action for kids and teens when I take my sim to an active career? Or have the go to school command take priority over everything else? Because I swear when I do active careers I spend most of my time in loading screens just keeping the kids alive and out of the hands of Social services than I am actually playing the game. Its worse than 3 ever was with loading screens and my computer is no slouch, it plays 3 with barely any loading screens.

I'd really like more things for kids and teens to do, maybe add in some smaller play equipment. I don't know any parent IRL that has the type of playsets we currently have in game. I have only seen those at day cares or parks, even schools. I'd like to see some swingsets, with attached slides, maybe bring back the tree houses.

Please fix the water fountain building. Went to build one the other night and the game said "Can't place fountain above or near basement." Why not? You see a lot of modern homes with one. And it seems you can't the fountain walls right next to basement walls.
    2quwd7.gif

• EldircoraEldircora Posts: 40 Member
    GUEST BEHAVIOUR

What if we could choose specific actions we want to see our guests perform, based on the club system from get together? I get so annoyed by how unrealistic the gameplay is regarding inviting other sims over or throwing parties.
  • MimpoMimpo Posts: 3 New Member
    I would like it if there was an option to make a sort of half-floor and/or stairs that bend either in a U shape or an L shape or both. Half-floors could be a real option for these stairs, since that would make us able to build our own U or L shaped stairs. That and am I the only one who miss spiral staircases?
    I would also like it if you could play/ sing songs on instruments together and make a band, that and have more instruments, like a bass and a flute perhaps and some other ones, like cello, saxophone and then as a school thing you could stay late and be a part of the orchestra band or choir and stuff, that would be fun. You could add other after school stuff like math club and those things could improve your grade and skills like logic and instruments and so on.