Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    Not having GeekCon on a rainy day, lol! All of the electronics were broken! It was hilarious!
  • ForeverSims9170ForeverSims9170 Posts: 20 Member
    [quote="Armilus616;c-16912381"][quote="ForeverSims9170;c-16910303"]It's probably way too late for them to fix ts4 so instead I'd love to have
    *detailed animation(ts2 style)
    *better worlds(ts3 style)
    *detailed graphics(ts4)
    *[b]built in pets&laundry[/b]
    For the ts5

But in case they do fix the game, I hope to see
    *body hair
    *[b]create a style[/b]
    *re-creation of old packs and gameplay with better graphics
    *functional vehicles
    *[b]no fake backgrounds[/b]
    And a lot of other great things that were in ts2&3[/quote]

The things I marked[b] bold[/b] are the things that [b]WILL NOT HAPPEN[/b]
    Pets and laundry in the base game would mean an expansion less to sell. And Pets EPs have been huge money makers since Sims 1. And EA being EA, they would never, ever, [b]EVER[/b] let all that money go to waste, just for the chance to have 20% more sales for the base game. They don't want to do more work for less money. We are talking about a loss of millions of $ here. Millions, they want to have and are almost guaranteed to get if they sell Pets separately, but are very unlikely to get if they built them into the base experience.
    Simply Business.
    In a perfect world, making a better product for the same price would mean more money made, but EA has decades of practice in getting a lot of money for minimal effort and making a much larger bottom line that even far superior products generate.
    They will stick to that, as long as it works, and there is no indication it is stopping or even slowing down. Bad Rep and PR don't seem to have any effect at all.

About the rest of the things you want for Sims 5, you are very likely to get the detailed graphics, as they want to sell copies, and the first impression is always the visual one in the trailer, so they will at least try with the graphics.
    About the rest, they will do as little as they can get away with. Look at what TS4 was at launch. The Backlash it got was the exact same backlash Sims 3 got after Sims 2 ended, and that hate and backlash only ended sometime after seasons.
    So well into the second half of its life cycle.
    And like Sims 2 and 3, there are now people who claim Sims 4 to be their favorite Sims game, without being bullied into hiding as a result.
    Every new Sims game has been hated at first but established itself over time as a Sims Game. Even Sims 2 who is now known by many as the best Sims game to ever exist.

Also, In my country, Sims 4 base game is the Nr. 1 top selling game. Has been since launch and that hasn't changed in the past 4 years. As far as I know, it never dropped to second place, and if it did, then it did briefly, so it was too quick for me to notice. Even with all the new games being released over the last few years.
    That tells me that Sims 4 still sells well, and the Community still wants more content for Sims 4. Announcing Sims 5 would mean stopping to do Sims 4 content.
    And if a piece of content was in all 3 previous Sims games, but Sims 5 comes out without Sims 4 getting it, how can anyone expect Sims 5 to get it? And if one piece of legacy content doesn't make it, how can we take ANY legacy content for granted?
    People are sure they will get Witches and Werewolves at some point for TS4 because both were in Sims 1, Sims 2 and Sims 3. Personally, I hope we do. But it is very much possible they will just not do any Occults at all after witches.

So they would hurt themselves more than anything if they announced Sims 5 now.

The Bold things in the Improvements for Sims 4 are confirmed to be impossible to do by the devs.
    Sorry.

My Advice is to keep your expectations somewhat realistic.
    It's okay to want those things, but if you know you can't have them, no matter what you do, it's better to just let go rather than throw a tantrum and keep demanding. Most people I know learned this at a very young age. I don't know how old you are or where you are from, so I don't judge. [/quote]

I pretty much know this already though your opinion is nice. I'm not judging anything, I know how hard all this is and how hard it is to make and keep interest in something especially when you have people demanding impossible things. I know that having built in packs would cut off millions already. I am younger and I know about all of this. I wasn't ranting, just making suggestions. I have very realistic expectations. Thx but it wasn't needed🤗
    I can kinda see why the whole idea of functional vehicles is a lot considering there are many different worlds that your sims can freely travel to without having to move towns but is it possible for them to have functional vehicles and get to drive them whener they're travelling within their world🤔
    Omg😲I would so love a university expansion with the option of different [quote="Pooh930;c-16899089"]Sims 4 Suggestions:
    University Expansion Pack:
    I know it was already created for the Sims 3 but I thought that it offered amazing and unique gameplay that should be incorporated in Sims 4, especially since the focus on Sims 4 is to make everything more realistic. I think certain careers should only be accessible to sims that have graduated from the university and certain jobs should be accessible to sims that have graduated only from high school.

Highschool Expansion Pack:
    Similar to the get to work expansion pack, I think it would be really cool to go to school with our teenagers. I think it would be a great addition to Simmers gameplay. The expansion pack can include gameplay such as allowing Simmers to navigate high school, decide what role our sims will fulfill at school (such as queen bee, nerd, jock, bully, emo, preppy, and etc.), attend class with our sims where we can decide to have our sims disrupt class, listen, pass notes, or be a teacher’s pet. Also, we can add in events that are typical of high school students such as being able to attend different events with our sims such as prom, homecoming, graduation, pep rallies, sports events. Some other interesting features that can be built in could be: being sent to the principal’s office for disrupting class or starting a food fight, starting rumors, study groups or studying at home for big tests, running for class president, joining clubs, auditioning for cheerleading, trying out for football or basketball, cheating during a test, completing group projects and etc. Lastly, I think it would be cool to have various kinds of classrooms such as a science lab, a gym, a football field, library, and etc.

Vacation Expansion Pack:
    It would be nice to be able to take our Sims on vacation. As already incorporated in the gameplay, our sims can accumulate vacation days at work, so why not use those vacation days to actually go on vacation like humans do in real life. Some ideas that I think would be awesome for vacations are similar to some of the ideas already implemented in Sims 3. I think being able to travel to different places around the world would be great, island resort vacations (owning and managing a resort should also be implemented), being able to take our sims on a cruise, being able to go to an amusement park/carnival, being able to take our sims to the zoo, or even a ski resort in the mountains.

Career Game pack:
    I think it would be awesome to create some more realistic careers that players can actually participate in. Such as, being a teacher, principal, janitor, or counselor, which can coincide with the high school expansion pack idea. A few more ideas include: being a babysitter where players actually get to experience the challenges of babysitting with their sims, being a farmer, being a hair, makeup, or nail stylist (game players should be able to own/manage their own salons), being a mail carrier, being a counselor/psychologist, being a judge/lawyer, a mechanic, a personal trainer, a karate trainer (where sims of all ages can learn karate, participate in matches, and level up in belts). I also think that part time jobs should be incorporated not just for adult sims but also, for our teenagers.

Child Game pack:
    I feel like there is not much to do when it comes to children. I think like the teenagers more gameplay should be added for them. I think we should get back after school activities. I think it would be cool to have boy scouts and girls scouts where children actually have to complete certain tasks such as helping someone cross the street, finding certain items, going camping with their troop (adult simmers can tag along as troop parents). Also, I think it would be cool for adult sims to attend recitals if their child is in ballet, theater, or plays a musical instrument. I think kids should also have sleep overs, field trips, and spelling bees or math competitions at school.

Family Game Pack:
    I think more can be done when it comes to family interactions. Some things that I think would be cool includes: parents teaching their teens how to drive, family game nights, family reunions, sibling rivalry, siblings being able to blame things on each other. I think parents should have more realistic discipline options besides yelling and talking (parents should be able to ground their kids/teenagers, send kids/teenagers to their room, take away cellphones/toys, and put toddlers in time outs, assigning more chores.) I think parents should be able to assign chores to their kids/teens and the kids/teens should have to complete them every day to get an allowance. I think that it would be cool for parents to rock their babies and toddlers to sleep in a rocking chair. Kids should be able to sleep in parents’ bed when scared.

More baby, toddler, and kid furniture, clothing, and hair options. I think it would be nice to have various cribs and clothing options for babies. Playpens and walkers should be added for toddlers.
    [/quote]

Omg😲I would so love all of this. It would add so much gameplay and adventure and it'd be so nice to get to do these things in-game without the help of mods
  • LokismithLokismith Posts: 12 New Member
    Less musical chairs... I know there's already a mod for that but I'm trying to download them the less possible.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    - Overhaul on personalities (dislikes/likes, zodiacs, chemestry, favourite food/color/music, preferences on certain activities ect)
    - Overhaul on babies (free them!)
    - More romance
    - More interactions for children (hide and seek etc)

Lu4ERme.gif
  • Mandy_LynMandy_Lyn Posts: 33 Member
    I agree with all the suggested ideas.
  • WillKDavidWillKDavid Posts: 136 Member
    edited January 2019
    A hobbies, activities gp has become my #1 want. Our Sims need more to do. Hobbies and activities like just simple sports. I can't imagine ever seeing big team sports like baseball, or football in a Sims game. Certainly not this one.
    Martial arts
    Ballet
    Kite flying
    Magic
    Archery
    Model trains Sims can design their own layouts
    RC cars, planes, helicopters. if we can have drones these shouldn't be a problem
    Model rockets
    Cheerleading
    Clay sculpting
    Toss football, toss baseball
    Sewing, crocheing, quilting
    Comic book, sports card collecting
    Miniature golf
    Tennis
    Vollyball, the net can double for batmitting
    Skeet shooting, the only time I'd want guns in the game
    Small telescopes
    Photography, the photography skill needs overhauling or just more added to it

• EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    I second the trait randomizer button.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • NovuNovu Posts: 21 Member
    What can be done to "Fix" the Sims 4?

How about larger families. Instead of 8 make it 12 sims per household.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Pooh930 wrote: »
    I think it would be cool to have boy scouts and girls scouts where children actually have to complete certain tasks such as helping someone cross the street, finding certain items, going camping with their troop (adult simmers can tag along as troop parents).

I'm not sure if you know this, but this was added with Seasons. They get an easel and earn patches for it when they do certain things.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Complete Whim overhaul, like have it more centered on traits instead of every freaking random object in the Sim's house.
  • LadyBee98LadyBee98 Posts: 8 New Member
    A thing that really annoys me is the townie name generator. Ever since City Living came out, almost all the townies have had Asian names, regardless of what they look like. I understand and of course appreciate the attempt at adding diversity to the townies, however, rather than diversifying, it seems to have swung the pendulum the opposite way. Plus the sims don't even physically 'suit' the names most of the time.
  • LadyBee98LadyBee98 Posts: 8 New Member
    More traits, and being able to change sims height in CAS. Dear god please give us more color customization, I can't make anything match and it's KILLING ME. L shaped stairs would be wonderful, also spiral staircases and ladders. I'd also love to make landings/split level floors/lofts. More kitchen stuff; more matching counters and cabinets, wall-mounted microwaves and ovens, trash cans built into counters, etc. Being able to add and move lots in the world!!! Larger neighborhoods in general, honestly. More venues; movie theaters, stores, zoos/aquariums?

Option to change last name after marriage. Polyamory. MORE CAREERS!! More interactive babies - changing their clothes?. More interactive and impactful illness/injury. More items, activities, events, and interactions for toddlers, children, and teens. A pre-teen lifestage.
  • RMBLACKRMBLACK Posts: 14 New Member
    I am ready to see some more careers!! What about teachers, lawyers, military!? I am also ready to see more expansion with disabilities like wheelchair sims, elderly sims with walkers/canes. I miss from sims 3 my high schools sims graduating from high school and attending prom. READY FOR SIMS UNIVERSITY!
  • cellygolgicellygolgi Posts: 5 New Member
    I'd just like to be able to place wall covering manually so we can put wall trim on any wall section. Why not do like with the counters?
  • Aithaea_Aithaea_ Posts: 1 New Member
    Being able to watch your sim travel around like TS3. The map view and outdoor experiences in TS3 with going to the supermarket, driving in your own car etc were a lot more like real life and for have been removed from this game, seemingly a step backwards from the previous version.
  • RandomUserRandomUser Posts: 2 New Member
    Adding a do laundry activity to clubs with the laundry pack. And adding it for butlers to as it doesn't seem to be a thing that butlers are currently programmed to be able to do.
  • MissburgerwolfMissburgerwolf Posts: 3 New Member
    Can’t wait to have updated babies - well at least, fingers crossed! 🤷‍♀️
  • nightowl1nightowl1 Posts: 89 Member
    Yes! Babies! It makes me feel somewhat uncomfortable knowing that the baby is more like an object than a real sim. Maybe if they allowed us to carry the baby into another room without the need for a crib, that would make them feel more lifelike. And it also means that you're not just isolating the baby in a single room, and looking after their needs would be easier. Perhaps you can even bottle feed them while sitting down, they could maybe fall asleep and you could place them back in the crib.
  • RandomUserRandomUser Posts: 2 New Member
    What about being able to type the number of items when ordering something or being able to hold down the arrow rather than clicking it 99 times.
  • misskaorumisskaoru Posts: 1 New Member
    Purple hair, purple hair, purple hair! </3
  • mxllymoonmxllymoon Posts: 1 New Member
    hey would it be possible in an upcoming patch to have different facial hair assigned to different outfits, we have the option in game but the facial hair simply applies to all outfits when selected for a specific one.
    I imagine it would be the same mechanics that allow varying hairstyles for different outfits, so it should be easy to patch?
  • AlabusterAlabuster Posts: 3 New Member
    Make sims can claim the computers in their household, I want this interaction as main function in game ,not as mod , Like sims can claim their beds
  • karleyshae0410karleyshae0410 Posts: 5 New Member
    I would love to see a Sims 4 University!