Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

can they invite Father Sims back to make the game?

SenbreSenbre Posts: 997 Member
edited December 2014 in Off Topic Chat
if designers of TS1 still work there, wouldn't be the case :(
Post edited by Senbre on

Comments

• plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    Look on the bright side.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    You mean the man Will Wright? He left years ago :disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    We can only hope that they recover their "vision" and start looking at who their true fans are. Better marketing too.
  • SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    ask yourself why he left of whatever the reason is why he is not there anymore.. cant be something good.. especially when the game gone downwards if you'd ask me.
  • Thebookthief24Thebookthief24 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Let the guy enjoy his retirement.
    "Clearly , I have made some bad decisions."
  • IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member

They would rather him work until he's halfway into the grave.
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member

They would rather him work until he's halfway into the grave.

[img]http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/oh_yeah_obama.gif[/img]
    Well, they probably had to make a slight mess of The Sims 4, to make The Sims 5 look even better.

It's all down to marketing.

The Sims 5 wouldn't be so good if The Sims 4 was awesome.

Look at the trauma Windows XP gave Microsoft - it was like trying to bury a mole that could just dig it's way back out again.
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    You mean the man Will Wright? He left years ago :disappointed:

He didn't leave per say, he became more of a George Lucas of the sims franchise.

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    OMG is this relating to that one thread last month or October? The FATHER, MOTHER, SISTER, BROTHER thread with lots of capitalizations?
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    And go back to just feeding, resting, working and cleaning gameplay again?
    Not for me.
    5JZ57S6.png
    Ah, he probably means MALES - ie as in possibly too many females ruined it?

Maybe?

FATHER=MALE?
  • SenbreSenbre Posts: 997 Member
    plopppo wrote: »

Maybe?

FATHER=MALE?

don't misunderstand.. :( I mean the creator
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    He predicted the beginning of the downfall of this series and let himself uninvolved. He's wiser than all of us combined
    Senbre wrote: »
    plopppo wrote: »

Maybe?

FATHER=MALE?

don't misunderstand.. :( I mean the creator
    Well, I suppose God could do a better job.
  • Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited December 2014

Will Wright? He isn't retired, he's on the board of directors over at Linden Lab and...well I'll just repost this interview with him and an interesting quote from it:
    In May 2013 he was interviewed by Game Horizon and when he was asked this:

"There have obviously been a few issues with the new SimCity. How has that affected you in the design of your new work?"

he responded with this:

"What I’m working on now is going to be much more of a mobile-based experience. It’s in a totally different ballpark economically and business-wise from the old shrink-wrap model. I think a lot of the old titles, the old franchises that are PC-based and whatnot, are going to have to evolve very rapidly. We’re in a new market. It’s true of the console companies and their business models as well. Their business model used to be that you’d buy a console and they’d sell you a bunch of games and that would pay for the console development. Now people are being conditioned, in the app markets especially, that games cost three to five dollars, or they’re freemium, with microtransactions."

I don't want him back, I don't think I'd like what he'd turn this franchise into. But that's just my opinion.

I wonder if he had anything to do with Patterns, that game Linden Lab had on Early Access and abandoned for a new project, leaving it's backers with a beta stage game that will never be finished.
    34336_s.gif
    Jimil wrote: »
    He predicted the beginning of the downfall of this series and let himself uninvolved. He's wiser than all of us combined

No he is really just another George Lucas at this point and endorses things he doesn't care enough about to have a clue with.
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Vlaxitov wrote: »

No he is really just another George Lucas at this point and endorses things he doesn't care enough about to have a clue with.
    He wasn't really that influential, was he? I guess not
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I just want the love and care that went into TS1 and TS2 but that mysteriously disappeared sometime during the TS3-era.
    oh3cjs.jpg

He wasn't really that influential, was he? I guess not

Was George Lucas really that influential in star wars games?

No, he had no clue what was going on. Its like that.
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    I just want the love and care that went into TS1 and TS2 but that mysteriously disappeared sometime during the TS3-era.

I think they gave TS3 the old college effort IMHO.

They might have made some design choices I didn't care much for or other mistakes, but it didn't seem rushed or neglected at all in comparison until IP.

bobyo2001 wrote: »

I think they gave TS3 the old college effort IMHO.

They might have made some design choices I didn't care much for or other mistakes, but it didn't seem rushed or neglected at all in comparison until IP.
    They tried to impress us with the base game, I'll give them that. But nothing after that proved to me that they cared. From the overpriced store to the disgusting bugs they never bothered fixing to the half-baked game features in EP's.
    oh3cjs.jpg
    And... we're moved to Off-Topic *sighs*
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited December 2014
    I believe there is one SimGuru left were worked on the Sims 1.

I know there are like a couple left who worked on the Sims 2.

I know there are still many who worked on the Sims 3. (Graham, Grant, and Ryan for example)
  • Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    I thought Maxis was back (at least partially) towards the end of The Sims 3? But I don't necessarily think it needs to be Will Wright who takes it forward, just someone who knows the franchise really well and is able to think of it in the perspective that occurred towards its beginning. Besides, Will Wright had very little to do with The Sims 2 (he doesn't like sequels and that may tie into why he left), and that turned out to be my personal favorite out of the whole franchise.