Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Heads up Origin reports hacks!

TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
edited December 2014 in PC - Technical Discussions

Comments

• blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    Oh goodie!!!
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    Oh no not again!
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    They're going to make me end up with a purchase to the Outdoor Retreat thing aren't they?
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »
    Can the hackers buy me something while they're at it?

I'd say they can use my debit but there ain't no money on it hehe.

🐸🐸🐸🐸 too bad I didn't put any card informations on both my origin and steam account :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited December 2014
    I will change my password but I only use paypal on any online account so not to worried.
    Totally different password on my paypal. :p

Sigzy05 wrote: »

🐸🐸🐸🐸 too bad I didn't put any card informations on both my origin and steam account :p

They sure are not gonna like you! Your no fun at all! ;)

• Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    2-step verification. Turn it on.
  • SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    Again?! I deleted all my credit card info the last time this happened, so they'll be disappointed if they hack into mine. Lol
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    They're going to make me end up with a purchase to the Outdoor Retreat thing aren't they?

Can I just stop and laugh here? :wink:
    Hum Well at least origin is running a half off sale now! :p

• WithoutBrain1234WithoutBrain1234 Posts: 126 Member
    WAIT WHAT?! Ok, I purchased all my games from a store and then installed them, so obviously they appear on my origin account. So.. I don't have any money, can they hack me and buy stuff? Like wow, I'm B-R-O-K-E
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Terrylin wrote: »
    Hum Well at least origin is running a half off sale now! :p

Can I just say that its kind of awkward that TS4 has been on sale after 2 weeks after it was released... and the sale is just increasing as time goes on lolol.
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    NO :scream:
    I don't want to be hacked again, I don't want my money used without my permission :disappointed:
    WAIT WHAT?! Ok, I purchased all my games from a store and then installed them, so obviously they appear on my origin account. So.. I don't have any money, can they hack me and buy stuff? Like wow, I'm B-R-O-K-E

If you don't have a credit/debit card attached to your account they can't get you. But they possibly have your password to your account and hence anything you have bought they can now download from your account!

• Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Take control of your accounts. Email password should never be the same as passwords for important accounts, namely ones you have financial infor attached to. Passwords should be 15 characters long with upper/lower and special character combinations. Make it a sentence no one can guess. And turn on 2-step verification. It's really simple to not get hacked. They go after easy targets, so don't be one.
  • blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    Terrylin wrote: »

If you don't have a credit/debit card attached to your account they can't get you. But they possibly have your password to your account and hence anything you have bought they can now download from your account!

And they like to test out your password/email on other sites, so change them all if you use the same one anywhere else.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    Thankfully for me, I have no credit card information on my account, no games registered on my account, my account is using a strong password, and the Email I use for my account is not being used for other, more important accounts and information. I knew having a gazillion Emails and strong passwords would come in handy someday. :)
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Seriously? Smh.
    <----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • tinaestelletinaestelle Posts: 201 Member
    My account was hacked and the hackers spent 50 dollars on fifa!! Is there any way i can report this and how? It's odd though, the game doesn't show up in my library?
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited December 2014
    Thanks, OP! I changed my Origin password this morning after reading your post. I checked my Order History and it appears that my account wasn't hacked, but it's still a good idea to change the password anyway.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    just checked my emails non at all from EA or Origin
    My account was hacked and the hackers spent 50 dollars on fifa!! Is there any way i can report this and how? It's odd though, the game doesn't show up in my library?

Call Customer Service and report it! ASAP

• DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Smart move cause I actually did the exact same thing with The Sims 3 store. I never saved my information it was always a one time enter your info and redo it again when you purchase from the store the next time.
  • nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    thanks for the heads up. I went on steam and Origin and simply deleted my credit card info. I checked the order histories, and I am still good.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    nilanius wrote: »
    thanks for the heads up. I went on steam and Origin and simply deleted my credit card info. I checked the order histories, and I am still good.

I am off to do this.