Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 lots transfered to sims 3 ?

:D It will be nice to be able to transfer Sims 2 lots to the Sims 3 game. At least the structure of the house, without windows, doors, roofs, furniture, lighting, plants,... Because I cannot rebuild all of my (200 +) creations. :( Something to think about EA. That would be really nice. :mrgreen:

Comments

• Options
    Sim_OutlawSim_Outlaw Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited August 2009
    Holy you have over 200 homes built? That must have taken you a few years. :shock:
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm glad I only have 60. It's really slow going, but it is cool to see my homes in new surroundings. I'm starting one of my mansions and the view now suits it really well. Much better than looking at pixilated TS2 surroundings and a limited horizon:

Screenshot-812.jpg

It would be cool if there was a tool to import TS2 homes. Even if it was just walls and foundations. It would speed things up.

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Panther00567Panther00567 Posts: 2,704 New Member
    edited August 2009
    CK213, I love your sig :P
  • Options
    Vietgirl_xoxoVietgirl_xoxo Posts: 7,142 Member
    edited August 2009
    I saw the Goth house from the Sims 2 tranferred to the Sims 3.
  • Options
    JamPotJamPot Posts: 63 Member
    edited August 2009
    Cool idea! :D I guess it would be quite handy so you don't have to re-build the house, because its quite hard to make something exactly the same when you can't actually phisically see it.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    CK213, I love your sig :P

Thanks, I just hope it's not misinterpreted. I think the sims from both games can look good and CC can be your friend...when used wisely. :lol: The sim on the left is one of mine from TS2.

Edit: I swapped out the siggy, this is the one panther is talking about:
    Simbattles5.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    LawertendLawertend Posts: 5,144 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Your only option would be to rebuild your lots. For the moment, at least. The grids from TS2 to TS3 are the same, so there should be no issues rebuilding your homes, minus the furnishings and such.
  • Options
    dbaadbaa Posts: 313 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Sim_Outlaw wrote:
    Holy you have over 200 homes built? That must have taken you a few years. :shock:

:-)Right on the money dude. I tried to upload them all on my site but ran out of space. There are only a few lots up there. So my site's been dormant ever since...

I took a break for a while after TS2 Appartment came out, but I'm back building with TS3. 8)

http://www.freewebs.com/sims2architectors
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    dbaa wrote:
    Sim_Outlaw wrote:

:-)Right on the money dude. I tried to upload them all on my site but ran out of space. There are only a few lots up there. So my site's been dormant ever since...

I took a break for a while after TS2 Apartment came out, but I'm back building with TS3. 8)

How is it going?
    I only have 7 of my old TS2 homes rebuilt, but have only uploaded 2. I also have 5 new designs, but they are a series based on one theme.

I hope to have all my old TS2 homes complete before the first EP comes out. Then I'll focus on totally new designs whenever I'm in the mood. I think I'll do a lot more playing this time around.
  • Options
    dbaadbaa Posts: 313 New Member
    edited August 2009
    CK213 wrote:
    dbaa wrote:
    Sim_Outlaw wrote:

I took a break for a while after TS2 Apartment came out, but I'm back building with TS3. 8)

How is it going?
    I only have 7 of my old TS2 homes rebuilt, but have only uploaded 2. I also have 5 new designs, but they are a series based on one theme.

I hope to have all my old TS2 homes complete before the first EP comes out. Then I'll focus on totally new designs whenever I'm in the mood. I think I'll do a lot more playing this time around.

8)Good, thanks CK213. How're you?
    I like your mansion for its structure complexity & minimalistic detailling: not too busy for a lot this size. Good job, keep it up.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    dbaa wrote:
    CK213 wrote:
    dbaa wrote:
    Sim_Outlaw wrote:

How is it going?

8)Good, thanks CK213. How're you?
    I like your mansion for its structure complexity & minimalistic detailling: not too busy for a lot this size. Good job, keep it up.

Thanks. It was busy before I edited it. I had a wrought Iron fence surrounding the property as well as some complicated security gates for the driveways and the main entrance. It was causing a little lag, so I deleted them all. The game performs fluid for me now. It's really not a huge home. I think it's very playable.