Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Everything 'dream' related

simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
hey all, I love dreams and I hope you do too! They are a mysterious part of our existence we mostly forget or don't care about, since we shove the, away as nonsense. They usually make no sense, but they can also tell something about yourself, directly or indirectly. In your dreams, you cannot hide from yourself.

Feel free to...

-share your dream from last night
-talk about lucid dreams (one you've had, how to get one, how to control one)
-share your favorite dreams, freakiest dreams...
-false awakenings (waking up in your dreams)
-anything else?

If anyone has any questions regarding dreams, I can possibly answer them :).

Comments

• FrauSchneiderFrauSchneider Posts: 910 Member
    I've once had a dream where my mum and I met Till Lindemann and he needed directions to some place but my mum and I gave him fake instructions so we could talk to him even longer. It ended with him going to a gas station, buying a churro, then walking off.
    tumblr_ni3qdnK1nC1shrk9ao3_540.gif
  • simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    Lol nice! I've had my fair share of celeb dreams. The weird thing is, the other day I dreamt I was hanging out with Taylor swift. We had a very similar watch, but hers looked more used. It's weird because I wouldn't consider myself a fan of hers.
  • cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    Yeah my dreams are telling me I'm not actually a vegetable
    TL8ZBmw.gif
    Yeah my dreams are telling me I'm not actually a vegetable

Not sure if you mean thus seriously or unseriously...I'm thinking its the latter, though there may be a better argument for the former.

Vegetable= shell of a human, lacking brain function outside of what it takes to live.
    Or literally vegetable, as in you're a thinking human.
  • cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    My dreams involve me constantly wandering endless hallways and unknown buildings either too dim to see or too hollow to have any characteristics in them. Yet situations like these, I would have called them nightmares in the past, but now I feel comfortable with them. Every time I wake up from one of these dreams I feel very anxious to get back or at least try to remember a bit of it before I forget completely.

The dreams that I do remember often never involve any living beings or any sort. The times when I do recognize them, they would be in a humanoid form but never truly an individual I would recognize. Surely they'd be considered creepy but I'm quite fond of them whenever they're involved.

I can't say I've had any nightmares since junior high. Either I play too many horror games or I've become a bit bonkers perhaps?

TL8ZBmw.gif
    Oh well that's super odd. I'm getting the gist you're a loner? I am as well, and am usually alone in my dreams, though people may be involved, but I'm not usually too attached to them in my dreams. Even if they're my parents or best friend. I can never, ever, see their faces though, not really. I only know they're there. Even in lucid dreams, I can only kind of see faces in my peripheral vision if I really try.

I'm tempted to say your dreams mean you are exploring yourself, and you feel empty inside,or something. Of course, you are the only one that can decide that, I believe.

Hmm, well I don't have classic nightmares anymore either. The other day, I had literally six false awakenings in a row where I couldn't see and couldn't breathe good. I thought I was going to die. It was the worst. I went out for one of my roommates to help me, and other times I went to my other roommates. I could barely talk, only whisper. When I finally woke up, I was freaked out so much, I wondered if I should try to fall back to sleep. I was so relieved when I woke up. The last false awakening, I felt my eyes, and knew they were completely red and I wondered if my eyes went into the back of my head. Just ugh. I am not usually freaked out by guns in my dreams anymore. I think I always know in the back of my mind I'm invisible and will never get shot, and never do.
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Oh fun, dreams are so fascinating. :mrgreen:

I used for the longest time, have a recurring dream, where I was trying to escape from my elementary school. Now IRL this school was an awful place. I was bullied lots there and the school didn't give a 🐸🐸🐸🐸, and I had other problems there too, it was just an awful place. I did escape that school in grade 4, but I hated all my time there, so it makes sense that would scar me and that it would creep into my dreams.

In the dream I'd be at the school, trying to tunnel my way out of the school yard, somebody would tell on me and the teachers would stop me, but I'd keep going back and eventually get free. I always got lost though, once I was free, and couldn't get home. I'd fall asleep in a parking stall in front of this convenience store after wandering around for hours until it was late at night, and then I'd keep waking up in the dream and I'd wake up as different people feeling more lost and confused until I eventually woke up irl.

It was a really weird dream (as most dreams are), but it said so much about what I dealt with and what it did to me. I had this dream into high school, so it was several years after I escaped and I still had it, though it got less frequent as time went on. Now it's been years since I've had it at all.
  • HeartfulPeachHeartfulPeach Posts: 857 Member
    I love dreams! In fact, sleeping is my favourite thing to do and I always pray I dream :blush:

I don't remember the dream I had last night completely. I do remember buying shampoo at some store, but I was surprised to see that the store was selling said shampoo (it's a shampoo sold exclusively at salons) There were other things that surprised in that dream but my memory is failing me.

It's fun to read and share about dreams :)
    317chzb.jpg
    A big thanks to SimChic1 for making my simself in my avatar!
    Princess Peach Rocks!
    @dreamerz13‌ I'm so sorry! Being bullied sucks! I can imagine something traumatizing like that causing a recurring dream. I think that's generally why recurring dreams exist. I think it's said that they stop recurring when you've finally gotten over it or fixed it.

@HeartfulPeach‌- ha ha, I love going to sleep too so I can dream! Especially if I'm lucky enough to get a lucid dream. The more I talk about dreams, the more likely it'll happen for me!

Last night I dreamed about an ex friend from high school (three year ago). I joined a winterim class for makeup. I wear makeup, but don't think too much about it nor do I consider myself to be especially feminine, so it was weird I joined the class, and it has nothing to do with my major. I was near this ex friend talking to her friend. They were talking about joining the class. I skipped the first day on accident since I lost time on my laptop. That's pretty much what I remember xD.
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    @dreamerz13‌ I'm so sorry! Being bullied sucks! I can imagine something traumatizing like that causing a recurring dream. I think that's generally why recurring dreams exist. I think it's said that they stop recurring when you've finally gotten over it or fixed it.

@HeartfulPeach‌- ha ha, I love going to sleep too so I can dream! Especially if I'm lucky enough to get a lucid dream. The more I talk about dreams, the more likely it'll happen for me!

Last night I dreamed about an ex friend from high school (three year ago). I joined a winterim class for makeup. I wear makeup, but don't think too much about it nor do I consider myself to be especially feminine, so it was weird I joined the class, and it has nothing to do with my major. I was near this ex friend talking to her friend. They were talking about joining the class. I skipped the first day on accident since I lost time on my laptop. That's pretty much what I remember xD.

It would make sense. I never really felt like I fit in at all until high school sometime, I was always bullied a bit until I hit high school. High school was different, I was instantly in with the cool kids in high school, though I stepped back because I didn't really like them, and then just kind of flew under the radar, I never really got bullied and could get along with pretty much anybody I wanted to. So that would support that. Just finally being free from the bullying totally and having somewhere to fit in was what I needed.
  • Thebookthief24Thebookthief24 Posts: 1,327 Member
    edited December 2014
    I rarely remember my dreams , if I have them at all , for years now. I used to have wake up screaming nightmares about the randomest stuff.

A dream I remember from a few years ago was that I was in a car , and some girls from my class were in it with me. We were driving to California , and we stopped at a Home Depot. While we were walking down a long aisle , we saw some robbers who were dressed like the robbers from The Sims 1. well , we ran outside to the parking lot , where the robbers chased after us , and they said they would shoot anyone who moved. So we ran towards the car and got in and started speeding away , and the robbers followed us in THEIR car , until we were on the side of a mountain , and the person who was driving the car decided to ram the robbers of the mountain , and the robbers started screaming curses and their car exploded. And that's when I woke up.
    "Clearly , I have made some bad decisions."
  • DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited December 2014
    I used to have very surreal dreams, but after having two concussions right after each other about half of a year ago, I have had a lot of very mundane and realistic dreams. These realistic dreams are kind of frightening because they are so real I have a hard time remembering if things happened in real life or in a dream, which was not a problem with my old bizarre dreams.

I also had a dream about a month ago that I just casually ate a chicken nugget despite the fact that I am a vegan and that before I was a vegan I hated chicken nuggets. That was a disgusting dream. I've been a vegan for a few years and I've never had a desire to eat meat or dairy after becoming a vegan (my initial reason for becoming a vegan was dislike of the taste and texture of meat and dairy, alongside less important at the time ethical, moral, and environmental reasons), but ever since having that dream, I've become very anxious and fearful of accidentally eating meat or dairy.
    I kind of wanted to write down my dreams from last night before I forget them. Read them or not! They were mostly all short bits, though to someone else they could be fairly long depending on your point of view. I kept waking up and falling back to sleep, because my uncle was leaving from a Christmas weekend, and the guest room is right next door to my room. Yes, all that it takes for me to wake up is a bit of movement outside my room.

The coolest and most noteworthy part is that I saw faces in my last dream of the morning! Perhaps it was because I have always wanted to see faces in my dreams so much, and I stated that desire last night in this thread, so it was fresh in my mind. Ever heard that your mind can't construct new faces, and all the faces in your dreams are of someone you've met before? I know I don't remember seeing any of the faces I saw before. That dream was just me being in a public place, like a hotel or something, and seeing a bunch of young people, probably my age or slightly younger (college or high school), and we all went in a huge elevator. It looked like a pretty nice elevator. It was so vivid, but the main thing I focused on was the faces.

Another dream I had, I had been on an adventure or something, and a dream memory was that we had left this lady that was part tree, part woman. When we got to her, her hair was limp, slightly wavy, and mint green. There were bags under her eyes. Not sure what she was wearing, but it wasn't much, but she was covered. She can't move or help herself due to what she is. She is angry at us for not helping her and coming back sooner, as she was dying. We sprayed as much water as we could on the soil around her. I asked her if she could survive for five minutes, and she could. Eventually she was doused enough and was fine. Then, another gang comes along, and I know who they are before they're there, as if it's a computer game. They're a bunch of people from the fairly odd parents (a show I liked as a kid). The tree woman begs to be taken by them because she's such a big fan. I was confused and didn't think it was the right thing, but they carried her away.

Unfortunately I have stuff to do, so I will finish writing my dreams later and respond to your posts as well.
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    I've had several dreams where I'm in love. I've never met these men, so their faces are not familiar.
    The feelings are so strong though and when I wake up I feel so sad that it's not real. I've been single
    for a very long time. :(
    @Thebookthief24‌ I bet you remembered that particular dream because it had so much action in it. Those can often be the easiest dream to remember. The more everyday the dream is, the harder it can be to remember, unless you actively try to remember them. It's the most important to try to remember them on waking. Otherwise, you'll forget them soon after.

@DrewRowland‌ huh, that is an odd dream. It shows just how much you don't want to eat meat or dairy. I couldn't imagine being a vegan, I eat dairy or meat in basically every meal. It's a good thing all of us humans aren't the same.

@mlnov39‌ yeah, I totally have those romance dreams as well, and I've never been in a relationship (though I know I'm much younger than you). I love those dreams and hate waking up from them! I hope you find love soon :).

I decided not to share my two other dreams as they're a bit personal. Not so personal, but I'm not going to be the only one with a dream diary on here, emphasis on diary lol.
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    edited December 2014
    I dream ALL the time. I think there have been 5 times in my life that I haven't dreamed. I usually can remember them too, but I have 3-7 dreams per night so it'd be way too long if I tried to post it here.

The most recent one was where I was in an old abandoned stone city and I was at the top near some rundown gasoline station (but without the pump stations) and there was a lot of rain flooding the city. I was calling to people from up the stone stairs I think, hoping for something to come and save everything. The scene was blue-dark too, I don't remember if there was lightning.
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    When I was a child I had a dream of an apocalypse and all the buildings were gutted and people, families were
    living in them and all that separated you from your neighbor were sheets hung up as walls. I was lying in bed and
    a closet door opened and out came Jesus and he gestured to me with his finger to follow him. I went in the closet
    and I was in another place. He and I were standing at the top of a pyramid looking down on a busy town. People
    were going about their business and they were all dressed in white clothing. Down the sides of the pyramid were
    waterfalls and there were fish in the waterfalls. It was a bright and beautiful world. Then I woke up. I've always
    believed I was shown heaven.
  • Vici0us_VirusVici0us_Virus Posts: 3,076 Member
    Never let go of your dreamz!

Like that one where you're walking through spiderwebz,and can't lift your armz to swat them,and you're naked but have no discernible genitalia so you start peeing through your mouth...

I'll never let that go. Keeper!
    edited December 2014
    Never let go of your dreamz!

Like that one where you're walking through spiderwebz,and can't lift your armz to swat them,and you're naked but have no discernible genitalia so you start peeing through your mouth...

I'll never let that go. Keeper!
    tumblr_nh29b2ofkS1tpwxbao1_400.gif
    Just a tad bit awkward.
    Somehow frau,I new u'd be first... Its like bein stalked by the kewlest kid, with downsyndrome! Just because IDC about chris schnieder or w/e. Can u just get over it and please stop w/ur track n hack tactics or ur oh so snarky remarks!

I appreciate ur time and the space u've allowed me to rent,rite between ur ears. I will now go look up chris schnieder or w/e. I hope this amused u frau, "I so do" lol.
    Somehow frau,I new u'd be first... Its like bein stalked by the kewlest kid, with downsyndrome! Just because IDC about chris schnieder or w/e. Can u just get over it and please stop w/ur track n hack tactics or ur oh so snarky remarks!

I appreciate ur time and the space u've allowed me to rent,rite between ur ears. I will now go look up chris schnieder or w/e. I hope this amused u frau, "I so do" lol.
    Not trying to force you to like him. Or get into him. Or any of that.
    edited December 2014
    Its to late, im already scared and this is my nightmare. Why does he wear sooo much eyeshadow? Its like a sleepy pirate that doesnt stop smilen. I need drugz to cope thanx frau thanx...

Du hast,yea ya do...
    Post edited by Vici0us_Virus on
  • DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    Its to late, im already scared and this is my nightmare. Why does he wear sooo much eyeshadow? Its like a sleepy pirate that doesnt stop smilen. I need drugz to cope thanx frau thanx...

Du hast yea ya do...

What do they have? :p
    (Hast means have. Hasst means hate. :p )
    Last night, one of my dreams was that me, and like twelve friends (who I don't know in real life), were all nominated to take part in a contest about making attempting to submit a commercial. I have no idea what the product was. We would only be allowed to enter if one of us would go on a date with this hot celebrity. I didn't want to because I thought it would be superficial and I'd have nothing in common with him. But this other girl really wanted to go. He came and he had great hair, lol.

We had to make the commercial with sims 3 or sims 4. I was going to choose sims 3 since there's more in it, but ended up with sims 4. I ended up making this commercial in a blank field with a female sim flying around in it, singing about the wind and how this effected life as a metaphor. I thought it would be so cool if mine won because I thought I was so deep.

Then some other weird stuff happened, but I don't think everyone wants to read much more.
    mlnov39 wrote: »
    When I was a child I had a dream of an apocalypse and all the buildings were gutted and people, families were
    living in them and all that separated you from your neighbor were sheets hung up as walls. I was lying in bed and
    a closet door opened and out came Jesus and he gestured to me with his finger to follow him. I went in the closet
    and I was in another place. He and I were standing at the top of a pyramid looking down on a busy town. People
    were going about their business and they were all dressed in white clothing. Down the sides of the pyramid were
    waterfalls and there were fish in the waterfalls. It was a bright and beautiful world. Then I woke up. I've always
    believed I was shown heaven.

That sounds like it was such a cool dream! I've had a somewhat similar dream a few months ago.

Kinda hard to explain as I was confused by it even when I woke up.

But something was wrong with the world. Me and a handful of people, like a hundred, somehow traveled to an alternate universe that was habitable. We were all talking about the future of our new civilization. The area looked basically like an in the middle of nowhere country, there were even a few barns. We thought this reality had no people, and we'd start from scratch and be the only humans. But I saw someone by one of the barns, and knew that was not true, and we had more hope than we could ever imagine. Then I woke up!
  • CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    Last month, I had a short dream where a male vampire and I were about to kiss. Before our lips could touch, I pulled the cord of some blinds on a nearby window. The blinds moved apart, which allowed blinding sunlight into the room. The vampire hissed, shield his face with his arms, and then darted out of the room. I don't even know why we were standing by the window in the first place... unless I was trying to kill him. >:)
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif