Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My likes and dislikes for Sims 4 ( lengthy post )

SimpLyAngeLicSimpLyAngeLic Posts: 153 Member
edited December 2014 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
After months of anticipation and waiting, I was finally able to purchase the game. I've played for quite awhile, and I decided to come give you some feedback.

My likes are as follows:
CAS ... I'm still learning, so right now all of my Sims look the same. Easy to use, and I love the push and pull. Much better than all of the others.
No UGLY maternity clothes. Thank you. From the bottom of my heart ... that was the only thing I begged to have removed.
Legs on the babies, breastfeeding, and the cute little outfits they are dressed in ... but when it comes to the babies themselves ... see my dislikes below.
The overall style of the game itself is beautiful, very vibrant.
Christmas items. Thank you for the beautiful tree!
Pools ... wise to add them ... I'm glad I didn't have to play without them.
Multiple aspirations throughout a Sim's life was a good idea ... in theory, see also my dislikes.
Dates and the way they begin automatically with the other Sims showing up no matter what they were doing before. Makes it easier for me to achieve the relationship I'm after.
Pants fitting into boots with no bleeding through ... major plus.
Hats as accessories. Nailed it. Thank you.
The tablet, rounded counters, tall counters, the clutter. Yes. Loving it.
Build/Buy combined. So much easier to build a house.
I was never good at the blueprint mode in 3, so I'm not good as using the styled rooms to put together a home, but the option to directly place a room from the gallery is brilliant.
The gallery itself, and not having to wait forever to install a new house and for the initial game load to see what it looks like in game.
Direct input of new Sims from the gallery - huge bonus. Especially the randomize from gallery feature in CAS.
Planter boxes! Yay!

There are quite a few things I am reserving judgement on until a few expansions and things are added, because while I have some complaints I realize that this is just the base game and there is more to come in the future. I know from experience as a long time Sims player that the game will fill out and not feel as empty once a few expansions are released. Right now, however, I find myself easily bored even with the updates that have been released. With that said ... my dislikes are as follows:

Repetitive game-play. More aspirations are badly needed. I really hope that this happens with expansions. We need a huge variety .. and it needs to feel less like quest based game-play. I miss my sandbox. I was hoping for a combination of Sims 2 and Sims 3 ... not the regression back to Sims 1.
No toddlers?! Who's the genius who thought that idea would go over well? I don't mean to be rude but honestly ... as a generational player I NEED toddlers to make my families feel and look right. How am I supposed to tell a legacy story without toddlers? The jump between baby and child is just too big. Huge disappointment.
The babies ... yes they have legs, yes they are dressed. Connected to the bassinet? No thank you. Unable to click on them to see their needs, UGH! I'd like the ability to change their outfits and hand them off to other Sims. Disconnect them from their bassinets and return them to Sims 3 type babies ... without the burrito. I want cribs, changing tables, nursery items. I want my Sim parents to be able to rock their babies to sleep, sing them to sleep, tuck them in when they put them to bed. Not just feed, change and put away like a forgotten object until they cry out again.
No nannies or babysitters? C'mon, really? I was so hoping for the return of the scheduled nanny from Sims 2. A live-in nanny for my mega-rich Sims would be amazing too.
Parties. The idea of the way they work is a good one. Immediate start times? No! Bring back the feature from 3 where you choose the time the party starts. I do like the goals ... but it's repetitive. More party types are needed, and I hope they will come in the future. I'd like to see the return of bachelor/bachelorette parties, the implementation of baby showers, perhaps a bridal shower option as well instead of a bachelorette party. Pool parties, holiday parties. It's my opinion that the weddings could have been done a little better, with an option to seat all guests before the ceremony begins. It would help with story telling. I'd still like to see at the very least a best man/maid of honor selection ... you've got the idea with the caterer, bartender and musicians. It shouldn't be too hard to implement.
The map. I miss my open world. I would have been okay with loading screens between the different sections ... but why can't the sections be open? I'd like to walk next door to visit my neighbor like I did in Sims 3, without a loading screen. The time they take to load will only get longer as the series progresses with expansions.
The shoes ... we need better options. I really don't want to sound rude and ungrateful, but they are ugly. My Sims only wear flip flops most of the time. I need better looking heels. I don't have much custom content because nothing I have foubd so far looks right ... and the few pieces I do have downloaded, at least for the shoes ... they show up right in CAS, but in game they default back to the original mesh.
No cars?! =/
No family trees. Fix it please.

Requests for future content:

Nurseries!!!!!!
Nail polish and fingernails.
TODDLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nannies. If my Sims have to work, there needs to be someone at home with the kids.
Gardeners.
Farm Animals. Horses, Cows, Chickens, Sheep, Goats. Pigs!
Restaurants. Open like the bars and clubs of course.
Cars and Garage doors. My houses look wrong without them.
L, U shaped, spiral stairs. I can't build my childhood homes without these. If I'm going to accurately recreate my life in the Sims, my homes have to be accurate as well.
Boarding and Private schools with a headmaster.

It goes without saying (but I'm mentioning it anyway) that I'd like to see seasons make its return, along with nightlife/late night, and open for business. I liked island paradise, and I'd prefer bon voyage over world adventures. I'd like to see a farming expansion, and a combination of makin' magic and supernatural. University is also a must. Pets as well.

Over all I like the Sims 4. But I don't LOVE it the way I did 2 and 3. When I played Sims 2 and 3 ... I'd play for hours without getting bored. I honestly hope that I will come to love 4 as much as it's previous iterations. I'm looking forward to the new game pack that was announced, hopefully I will like it.

Thanks for taking the time to read!

Comments

• JazminrulesJazminrules Posts: 7 New Member
    edited December 2014
    Agreed. I went back to the Sims 3 after a few weeks of playing it because the Sims 4 nearly bored me to tears (a bit of an exaggeration but you know.) I didn't like the fact that there was no open world or you couldn't see where your Sims went to work at, it was like I was playing the Sims 2 all over again in those areas. CAS is great and yes the shoes are pretty ugly, but most of the clothes are pretty good. NO TODDLERS!? I don't know what to say, I am impressed and disappointed in EA. Until an expansion comes out, I think I'll stick to the Sims 3 for now!
  • SimpLyAngeLicSimpLyAngeLic Posts: 153 Member
    edited December 2014
    @Jazminrules I haven't yet gone back to 3, I'm afraid that if I do, I won't go back to 4 again LOL It's just so full, with so much to do as opposed to the base game.
  • Jen CharltonJen Charlton Posts: 8 New Member
    I have to say I agree with more or less everything you have said. I was never a massive fan of seasons but likes the idea behind university (think it makes young adult/adult life stages different.)
    @jen charlton I love the Seasons expansions, I'm all for weather, but I really do think that by now, it should have been included in the base game. If they want to do a stuff pack that revolves around the different holidays, that would be amazing. I loved the way the incorporated that into 3, but I wish there had been a bit more. The holiday parties are a must have at this point. University is also a must have. It definitely makes the young adult stage different ... but I think there needs to be a high school graduation event. It's an important part of life, and my sims should be able to celebrate.
  • ThitPoulsenThitPoulsen Posts: 54 Member
    I agree with pretty much everything you said, i wish someone who could change things in EA would take this post and be like "this genius here, lets do this. itll make lots of people happy and get them off our back since they will never stop complaining anyway. we did ruin the game a little."

Hands down the best feedback post ive seen so far
    @thitpoulsen, Thank you ... I appreciate that. How I wish my feedback would do some good for future expansions. Perhaps one day!
  • ThitPoulsenThitPoulsen Posts: 54 Member
    youre very welcome, and yes i really wish it would too. maybe you should post it in the ideas section for possible changes? who knows, maybe someone important could see it. unlikely since they dont seem to care about the forums but maybe :o
  • Jacqui66Jacqui66 Posts: 16 Member
    I completely agree with all this. But we have to be patient for the expansions. Simmers are now so experienced at playing the game, we are getting bored and frustrated with so little in the base games. We have to build gradually to all the things we want. But I agree that having no toddlers seems to be a step backwards. I have no idea what the numpty who thought that little idea up was thinking! But cars and garages would be good, as most houses have them which would make an ideal finishing touch to the lots. Driveways and all kinds of cars. We can put our requests on here until the end of time, but the creators will always make us wait and take their time. However I cannot see how it makes the game better and allows them to perfect the game play because I am surprised at how many people are experiencing glitches with this supposedly simpler format. I can't think there are so many glitches because there is too much to begin with. And it is getting a little boring already. I did so much with TS3. We need a completely new ideas for future expansions page. Either that or we march up to EA with our banners!!! Lol!!!!!