Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

First Sims 4 EP to release mid February?

JoseffJoseff Posts: 546 Member
Just backtracking with Sims 2 & Sims 3 and I realized that expansion packs for both were released exactly 5 months and 15 days after the release of The Sims 2 & The Sims

The Sims 2 - Sep 14, 2004; Sims 2 University - March 1, 2005 (5M 15D)
The Sims 3 - June 2, 2009; Sims 3 World Adventures - Nov 17, 2009 (5M 15)
The Sims 4 - Sep 2, 2014; Sims 4 ?? - Feb 2015 ?

This made me think that if they were to follow the trend with The Sims 4 then we should expect the first Expansion Pack around February 17th 2015. Obviously this isn't an accurate date or official but it definitely seems plausible to me.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    I don't know. It looks like they may be trying something a little different with the monthly updates and new "game packs". This might alter the EP schedule.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Which means there should be some sort of promotion for it in January. We'll probably know what the first expansion pack will be when the outdoors game pack is released.
  • sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    *IF* <----BIG IF they hold true to traditional patterns, you're looking at late Feb to early Apr. The first expansions usually released about six months after initial release, then every six months-ish after that, with SPs being released every six months between EPs. IE, Jan SP, Mar EP, Jun SP, Sep EP and so on and so on.
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I say Spring 2015 (and a mac version!)
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif