Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What tablets could play Sims 3 & Sims 4?

jmp7691jmp7691 Posts: 1 New Member
I heard that you can play the Sims 3 & 4 on a tablet as long as it is a Windows tablet. Is this true? And if it is, would any of them work? Or are there certain requirements?

Would any of these work?
1) bestbuy.com/site/windows-8-10-1-tablet-32gb-gray/9496117.p?id=1219418204377&skuId=9496117

2) bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-yoga-tablet-8-16gb-brushed-nickel-chrome/2386059.p?id=1219072221206&skuId=2386059&cp=1&lp=1

Or any of these?
3) amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_36_2?bbn=1232597011&qid=1419318583&rh=n%3A172282%2Cn%3A%21493964%2Cn%3A541966%2Cn%3A1232597011%2Cp_74%3A00000-29999%2Cp_n_availability%3A1248800011%2Cp_n_operating_system_browse-bin%3A3077595011&rnid=386442011&low-price=&high-price=160&x=9&y=11

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    You might get a better response posting this question in the Tech Forum: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-technical-discussions
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited December 2014
    Neither of those would work, but, yes, you can play Sims 3 and Sims 4 on a Windows Surface Pro because this is the only tablet that actually functions just like a computer. Here, you'll find a tablet matching this description....The only problem is the tablet still only uses an integrated chip and therefore isn't really too suited for gaming...It is possible, but it is like playing it on a casual laptop, only slightly worse because this is a tablet and therefore even more underpowered for gaming. Anyway, in short, I don't recommend playing it on it, but you can.

For your reference:

Windows Tablets not marked as Surface Pros are regular tablets, not capable of desktop functions. And that's the end of the story for all the other tablets as well.
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Thanks for that explanation
  • Options
    JoeJoe11JoeJoe11 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Sims 3 doesn't run well on the best of PCs; I wouldn't recommend attempting it on a Surface Pro!
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Icy_Lava wrote: »
    Neither of those would work, but, yes, you can play Sims 3 and Sims 4 on a Windows Surface Pro because this is the only tablet that actually functions just like a computer. Here, you'll find a tablet matching this description....The only problem is the tablet still only uses an integrated chip and therefore isn't really too suited for gaming...It is possible, but it is like playing it on a casual laptop, only slightly worse because this is a tablet and therefore even more underpowered for gaming. Anyway, in short, I don't recommend playing it on it, but you can.

For your reference:

Windows Tablets not marked as Surface Pros are regular tablets, not capable of desktop functions. And that's the end of the story for all the other tablets as well.
    You are wrong. Other companies (like Acer) sell Windows 8 tablets whith or without a keyboard. You can buy the keyboard later if you need it.

Your statement was true a couple of years ago when Windows tablets didn't run the full version of Windows 8 but a reduced version called Windows RT. But this isn't true anymore at all. See http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2417564,00.asp for a list of tablets which run Windows 8.

The difference between PCs, tablets and smartphones will become much less in a few years because tablets and smartphones will get about the same power as PCs. Therefore they will probably all be able to run the full version of Windows. Tablets will of course be able to do this a little before smartphones. But probably only by a couple of years.

So the Sims 5 or the Sims 6 will probably be able to run in full versions on mobile platforms too :)
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    If the tablet has 4 to 8 or more GB of RAM and a strong processor - such as i5 or i7 and a dedicated graphics card plus the integrated card that is for general use then it might play Sims 3. I'm not sure about the power supply though. I have to have my laptop plugged in to play Sims 3 for any length of time.

Otherwise playing that game on the tablet might work for a while if you have just the base game but it will most likely wreck the tablet sooner rather than later. However, I have no problems with you trying to play Sims 3 on it. Good luck.
  • Options
    ReemtheZimmerReemtheZimmer Posts: 52 New Member
    what about lenovo yoga 3?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro Convertible Ultrabook Tablet - Intel Core M 5Y70, 512GB SSD HDD, 8GB RAM, 13.3" QHD+ 3200x1800 Touchscreen, Intel HD 5300 Graphics, AC Wireless, Bluetooth, HD Webcam, Backlit Keyboard, Windows 8.1 Professional (Light Silver) 80HE000LUS
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    what about lenovo yoga 3?
    Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro Convertible Ultrabook Tablet - Intel Core M 5Y70, 512GB SSD HDD, 8GB RAM, 13.3" QHD+ 3200x1800 Touchscreen, Intel HD 5300 Graphics, AC Wireless, Bluetooth, HD Webcam, Backlit Keyboard, Windows 8.1 Professional (Light Silver) 80HE000LUS

ea is going to see this as spamming as I already mentioned to you for asking this in too many threads plus the issue of you resurrecting old threads. On top of you posting asking for lols and likes in other threads this is all considered trolling
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    Icy_Lava wrote: »
    Neither of those would work, ....
    You are wrong. Other companies (like Acer) sell Windows 8 tablets whith or without a keyboard. You can buy the keyboard later if you need it.

Your statement was true a couple of years ago when Windows tablets didn't run the full version of Windows 8 but a reduced version called Windows RT. But this isn't true anymore at all. See http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2417564,00.asp for a list of tablets which run Windows 8.

The difference between PCs, tablets and smartphones will become much less in a few years because tablets and smartphones will get about the same power as PCs. Therefore they will probably all be able to run the full version of Windows. Tablets will of course be able to do this a little before smartphones. But probably only by a couple of years.

So the Sims 5 or the Sims 6 will probably be able to run in full versions on mobile platforms too :)

:S Okay, I didn't say anything about keyboards, not that those matter, cuz those are optional for these devices. And yes, I totally agree with you. I think the tablets are really stepping up. And yes, I did clarify it is the PRO, full version windows that can run it.