Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Royalties for Book

My level 9 writer submitted one of her books and it got zero royalties. :'( It actually listed the book in her royalties list as zero value :neutral_face:

Is this a glitch? Anyone else had this?
tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif

Comments

• colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited December 2014
    It isn't a glitch. She must a terrible writer. ;)

EDIT: I have had it happen before... Once to be exact.
  • MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    colton147 wrote: »
    It isn't a glitch. She must a terrible writer. ;)

EDIT: I have had it happen before... Once to be exact.

Evil. I personally think she's a very good writer. The titles of her books always impress me. She should get royalties for that alone.
  • have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    Wow, that must have been a good book! lol No, but last night my Sim wrote a song. It said to publish it using the mailbox, but there was no option to do that. I was soooo mad!
  • mangoandgypsymangoandgypsy Posts: 41 Member
    Did you publish the book of life? You get no royalties from publishing that one.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    My Sim has a lot of books out (over 20) and get's 2-3 zeros a day. It just means that no copies of the book sold the day before. The next day the same book will have sales.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    have2admit wrote: »
    Wow, that must have been a good book! lol No, but last night my Sim wrote a song. It said to publish it using the mailbox, but there was no option to do that. I was soooo mad!

You have to be level 8 or 9 in the instrument to publish a song, and you can only publish one song per instrument per week.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    My Sim has a lot of books out (over 20) and get's 2-3 zeros a day. It just means that no copies of the book sold the day before. The next day the same book will have sales.

Thanks @AnnLee87‌ ! I have around the same number of books but I've never noticed zero royalties before. Good to know it's not a glitch. My Sim will just go cry under the bedcovers now ;)
    Ps: thanks everyone for your help! It wasn't the Book of Life, my Sim must have just had a bad day! Lol.
  • EthyrdudeEthyrdude Posts: 268 Member
    edited April 2015
    I wrote a mystery book entitled "The House of Goth" and that got 0 in royalties. The rest of my books all got something, I wrote another book and just published it, so I am waiting to see what happens "tomorrow".

Edit: The next day, I got nothing for that book, so it must have been terrible.
    Post edited by Ethyrdude on
    On a planet far, far away.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member

OMG - why are you bumping a dead thread
    Ethyrdude wrote: »
    I wrote a mystery book entitled "The House of Goth" and that got 0 in royalties. The rest of my books all got something, I wrote another book and just published it, so I am waiting to see what happens "tomorrow".

• PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member

OMG - why are you bumping a dead thread
    Ethyrdude wrote: »

Sometimes when you do a search for your problem it is an old thread. I'd rather them continue an old thread than start a new one. There could be some good info in there, and some people may still be having the problem.

I've never understood why and 'old' thread is a bad thing? I clicked on it because I had the same issue recently myself, and was curious.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • EthyrdudeEthyrdude Posts: 268 Member
    Why start a new thread for an old problem?

The book finally made it to 1S in royalties, so the bottom line is if you do not have GTW and you want your sim to make money without getting a job just stick to painting, it's easier and you get your money right away.
    On a planet far, far away.