Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

disabling random outfit switching?

Does anyone know of a mod or a cheat to do this?

It seems slightly bugged to me. I can set an outfit then it will randomly switch back to the default. If I try and switch it back, then the slot is grayed out so I have to switch it to another outfit and then switch to the one I want -whew!

See? Convoluted and causing me cognitive friction! I would simply like to select the outfit and it stay that way until I change it. If someone could help get rid of this irritant, I would be very pleased!
Awake.
Shake dreams from your hair
My pretty child, my sweet one.
Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
The day's divinity....
The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison

Comments

• jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

All Sims change outfits depending on what they are doing. If you switch to formal, and it's not a formal occasion, they will switch back.

I'm slightly confused, unless you mean Sims won't wear their Everyday clothes?
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    This is one of the features from TS4 I really like (If I had to say where I see an improvement in this game), never knowing which outfit they will choose each day... but surely there is a mod to take it off... It is always amaizing the different things each of us likes in the game!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    I didn't understand well what is the problem. Could you elaborate? Do your sims have more than one outfit per category? Or does it bother you when they change into different styles of outfits?

If it is the first case, delete the extra outfits and keep one per category.

If it is the latter, go to plan outfits and make them wear the same clothes for all categories. Click the X on the filters if what you want isn't showing in that category.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I have multiple outfits per category and I am fine with the switching at times, but other times it is irritating me.

An example. I have a Sim who has the nature aspiration and so I have created two everyday outfits. One for ambling through the park, and hanging around the house, etc, and another when getting down and dirty digging up rocks and stuff. If I go into plan outfits for another Sim and return, the Sim with two outfits will be wearing her default outfit (slot 1), but if I select 'Change Outfit', then slot 1 is available to select, but slot 2 isn't. I have to select slot 1 and then select 2 to get the outfit I want. This happens on every load change and when leaving the house, etc.

What is happening is that the outfit from slot 1 is actually in slot 2 as the change outfit shows which is the current outfit. just I don't think this working as intended.

Sorry it seems complicated to explain.

I did consider setting every slot the same, but then what is point of providing additional slots? I can live with it and will use workrounds, but if anyone knew of a way to gain more control on outfits, that would be nice.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited December 2014
    IN TS4, there really is no "default" outfit, unlesseh you're talking about a specific occasion. If that's the case, you can set any outfit for any category. So, if you want your sim to walk around in a wedding gown and diamonds at bed time, set that as a sleep outfit.

MTS has a mod that will set the Sims to wear clothes based on the time of day. IE, if you shower at 8pm, they get out and change into pjs.
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• ronnigirl67ronnigirl67 Posts: 209 Member
    I could be wrong, but I think the OP is referring to Sims randomly changing their everyday wear to everyday outfit #1. This happens to me too. For example: I put my child sim in outfit #2 and right before she goes to school, she changes back to outfit #1. Or I put them in outfit #3, send them to the park and,( yes, you guessed it) they show up wearing outfit #1.
    > @ronnigirl67 said:
    > I could be wrong, but I think the OP is referring to Sims randomly changing their everyday wear to everyday outfit #1. This happens to me too. For example: I put my child sim in outfit #2 and right before she goes to school, she changes back to outfit #1. Or I put them in outfit #3, send them to the park and,( yes, you guessed it) they show up wearing outfit #1.

^This
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • ronnigirl67ronnigirl67 Posts: 209 Member
    > @ronnigirl67 said:<br />
    > I could be wrong, but I think the OP is referring to Sims randomly changing their everyday wear to everyday outfit #1. This happens to me too. For example: I put my child sim in outfit #2 and right before she goes to school, she changes back to outfit #1. Or I put them in outfit #3, send them to the park and,( yes, you guessed it) they show up wearing outfit #1.<br />
    <br />
    ^This

I thought that was what you meant....so far as I know, there isn't a mod to fix it.
  • N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited December 2014
    I like that the outfits are random but I would prefer if they only changed autonomously once a day and only if you didn't select an outfit. I like to see them in different everyday outfits but never feel like picking their outfit unless I have particular reason.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    edited December 2014
    Oh, yes! That happened to me! I created cold weather outfits to go with the Snow Mod and, when trying to change my sims, I weirdly couldn't. I had to change them into Everyday 1- which they were already wearing - and only then change into Everyday 2. It took a while!
  • sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    Weird. That doesn't happen to me. They were whatever they put on after their morning shower. They'll even show up in gym clothes or formal wear if that was the last thing they were wearing.
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

To get back into the outfit you want, you can do a double switch, but it is tedious.

So it seems this Christmas, some of my Sims will turn up to a Christmas party in their 'tidy the house' clothes and be unable to order a drink :)
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • ksinclairksinclair Posts: 21 Member
    I am also having this problem and I don't think it was like that before the patch. My sims would pick an outfit after their shower in the morning and would keep that same outfit until they showered again which would be the next day. Now they are picking an outfit in the morning but before they go to work they change back to outfit # 1 or if I travel with them they show up at the location in outfit # 1. This defeats the purpose of having multiple outfits because I really only see them in outfit #1.
  • brigidsfyrebrigidsfyre Posts: 10 New Member
    Having the same problem, but I only started noticing it in the last day or two, and I have been playing Sims 4 since around the beginning of January. This is super annoying. Like someone else mentioned, what's the point of multiple outfits if they're just going to keep changing back into Everyday1 ?? I hope this is just a bug that gets fixed.. soon!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    This is a confirmed bug. The issue being every time you switch lots. The gurus said their looking into it.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    ksinclair wrote: »
    I am also having this problem and I don't think it was like that before the patch. My sims would pick an outfit after their shower in the morning and would keep that same outfit until they showered again which would be the next day. Now they are picking an outfit in the morning but before they go to work they change back to outfit # 1 or if I travel with them they show up at the location in outfit # 1. This defeats the purpose of having multiple outfits because I really only see them in outfit #1.
    It happened after the December Patch.
  • Wasting_NightWasting_Night Posts: 800 Member
    This is a confirmed bug. The issue being every time you switch lots. The gurus said their looking into it.

I wonder how long they'll look into it before a modder decided to step up and fix the bug themselves like with the glitch where Sims always show up in their everyday clothing at nightclubs and lounges.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    ksinclair wrote: »
    It happened after the December Patch.

The real question is what didn't they break in the December patch?
  • hufflepuff86hufflepuff86 Posts: 7 New Member
    Yeah, mine is doing this now. I’ll have a specific work outfit for my sim and she’ll change into something casual and not what’s selected at all. And she does it right before she leaves the lot to go to work, so by the time she does it, you can’t cancel the action. The one time I tried, it basically said she was in the middle of work and it would reflect poorly on her performance. It didn’t use to do this.
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Allo!

I'm going to put the kibosh on this thread as it's been just under four years since it was last active. If you have questions about necroposting, please head to https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/946943/necroposting#latest.
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top