Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of the United Kingdom?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    They say Katie Hopkins will be on CBB every single year but it never happens. Unless she's finally on I doubt I'll watch. Nice logo though.
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    Gillie wrote: »
    They say Katie Hopkins will be on CBB every single year but it never happens. Unless she's finally on I doubt I'll watch. Nice logo though.

That women would be out straight away because of how rude she is to people. She was winging about names and people naming their kids after locations and countrys saying its common yet her daughter is named india
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I loved Katie on The Apprentice. I don't agree with her opinions and know she'd never win but she'd be a crazy and hilarious trainwreck to watch.

Who are your favorite BB housemates from the civilian series? Mine are Sara Falino, Rex Newmark, Corin Forshaw, Nikki Grahame, Charley Uchea, and Gina Rio.

ETA: In case people think I'm going OT I like your guys' Cornish accents.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Gillie wrote: »
    I loved Katie on The Apprentice. I don't agree with her opinions and know she'd never win but she'd be a crazy and hilarious trainwreck to watch.

Who are your favorite BB housemates from the civilian series? Mine are Sara Falino, Rex Newmark, Corin Forshaw, Nikki Grahame, Charley Uchea, and Gina Rio.

ETA: In case people think I'm going OT I like your guys' Cornish accents.

my fav was Emma from nadia's year but she got thrown out after that gigantic fight all the housemates were involved in. That was mad lol. I haven't really watched it all that much the past few years. I seem to watch for a couple of weeks by that point ive discovered i dont actually like any of the housemates. They used to put funny individual people in now they only seem to put people in that look like supermodels and theirs never a good mix of different ages in there. They all seem to be in their 20's really imature self centered and annoying.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I would love to visit the UK sometime. Oh the history and the culture and from the media people seem to be so nice. On the downside i believer it's a good bit colder weather wise than where I am in the United States so I'd have to be choosy about when to go.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    I would love to visit the UK sometime. Oh the history and the culture and from the media people seem to be so nice. On the downside i believer it's a good bit colder weather wise than where I am in the United States so I'd have to be choosy about when to go.

Its cold everywhere atm, we get some really hot summers tho so id recommend coming in august!!
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    steve7859 wrote: »
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

Its cold everywhere atm, we get some really hot summers tho so id recommend coming in august!!

Good planning. Now I just need to save up......see you all next century. :s
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited December 2014
    elliskane3 wrote: »
    I'm from the UK, it's either freezing or too hot. We can't make up our minds as to which we prefer. Lol. :mrgreen:

Yea we are really fickle when it come to the temperature!!
    LOL I read some UK website where there was weather forecast. It really isn't that "freezing" in the UK. They were talking about temperatures around -8 or so. Hahahahaaa... you people should visit some countries where the weather is actually cold.

edit: the same goes for the "too hot" weather. The heat is very mild.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    I'm from the UK, it's either freezing or too hot. We can't make up our minds as to which we prefer. Lol. :mrgreen:

LOL I read some UK website where there was weather forecast. It really isn't that "freezing" in the UK. They were talking about temperatures around -8 or so. Hahahahaaa... you people should visit some countries where the weather is actually cold.

I freeze at like 13 degrees Celsius.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    elliskane3elliskane3 Posts: 2,050 Member
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    Simpkin wrote: »

I freeze at like 13 degrees Celsius.

The weather may be colder/hotter in other countries, but they are most likely used to it whereas I feel like I'm dying in temperatures as low as 35 degrees. Lol. :mrgreen:

• Options
    ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    SCOTLAND!!! :) such a beautiful country and the people are super friendly. Much friendlier than those London folks. >:) hehe! The amount of times I have had friendly conversations when waiting on a bus. Please come visit!
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    I think of the UK countries as siblings. We don't always get along with each other, but deep down we really love each other :grin:
    Shearsy wrote: »
    SCOTLAND!!! :) such a beautiful country and the people are super friendly. Much friendlier than those London folks. >:) hehe! The amount of times I have had friendly conversations when waiting on a bus. Please come visit!

I think I have a forum twin! :open_mouth:;)
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    I think of the UK countries as siblings. We don't always get along with each other, but deep down we really love each other :grin:

I couldn't agree more!! We fight and argue for independence but at the end of the day, when a crisis hits we hold hands. I would like to think that anyway :) absolutely horrible what happened in Glasgow though. I knew someone who witnessed the whole thing. So close to Christmas...
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    I want to visit.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    nothing really..never been there...I wouldn't mind traveling there if I could.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member

I couldn't agree more!! We fight and argue for independence but at the end of the day, when a crisis hits we hold hands. I would like to think that anyway :) absolutely horrible what happened in Glasgow though. I knew someone who witnessed the whole thing. So close to Christmas...

The accident at Glasgow was just so awful. I cried :'(
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    I know next to nothing about Glasgow except what was shown in the 2003 movie Dear Frankie. It looked like a pretty city.