Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of the United Kingdom?

colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
Similar to my Australia and the United States thread.
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/805239/what-do-you-think-of-australia/p1

Anyway, as the title says, what do you think of the United Kingdom?

---
@Kelly_Blake‌

Comments

• dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    It's cool. I don't actually know tons about it honestly, lol, but I want to visit. :D Some beautiful places to go.
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Their accent.
  • FrauSchneiderFrauSchneider Posts: 910 Member
    LaAbby wrote: »
    Their accent.
    Agreed
    tumblr_ni3qdnK1nC1shrk9ao3_540.gif
  • steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    I'm from the UK I hate it to many foreign people claiming benefits lol
  • cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    tea
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    It's diverse. One region is very different than the next one in terms of mannerism, personalities and accents. The generic accent is a London one but a vast majority of people from the UK sound nothing like that. The way they talk in shows like Dr. Who and Downton Abbey sound just as alien to me as i'm from the North of England and sound nothing like that.

It's the place I feel I belong I guess. I wouldn't necessarily say it was a great place to live or advise anyone to visit particularly. I would probably be underwhelmed coming here from a different country.
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Two words. One Direction. :smirk:
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I wish I could visit, but I'm as broke as the Ten Commendments! *sigh* London, Liverpool, Cobh, and Alnwick just to name afew stops I'd make...
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I wish I could visit, but I'm as broke as the Ten Commendments! *sigh* London, Liverpool, Cobh, and Alnwick just to name afew stops I'd make...

Oh, Liverpool FC!! How could I forget :disappointed:

Bayernmunich though! Even if it's a Germany Club :stuck_out_tongue:
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    I would love to visit, see the monuments, meet the people.
  • JuanaJuana Posts: 840 Member
    edited December 2014
    I'm obsessed with my British friends and vice-versa. (I think it's my accent)
    I can't help but noticed that I've rubbed some type of New York flavor on them.
    ..and their fashion-sense and overall personality style is more or less my biggest style-inspo. (My British friends are so fashion-forward, they're my secret weapon)
    Not sure about all British girls, but in my opinion, the average British girl is much better doing their make-up than American girls.

I also find that British people "understand" the difference between Americans and the American government the most.
    I love Brits
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    They have a rich history ,diverse culture , lost to America whats not to like
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    All of my family are from there, and my oldest friend. It's a beautiful place, steeped in history and tradition, and one day when my own children are grown and have their own families, I want to relocate there.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    *sips tea*
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    I would love to visit the UK some time. I'm from Switzerland so it's not so far away!
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    My husband and I would love to get to the UK some day; he wants to ride all the various transit modes (buses, trams, trolleys, trains) while I want to explore history (see Stratford-on-Avon where Shakespeare was born, visit Westminster Abbey and other churches, explore old castles). I have a Twitter friend who just got out of university in June and is now working her first job so I hear a lot about what's going on there politically.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    When I lived in Ireland I visited Northern Ireland. Was pretty.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Gloomy...

and I like it that way
  • Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    Ah, The UK.

What can I say? They're my neighbouring country. And apart from a few cultural differences, we're so-and-so the same. I've been to England, Scotland, and Northern Island over a dozen times, and, when I'm there it doesn't feel like I'm on holiday- because our countries are so alike in many ways.

Plus, a lot of my friends who live here in Ireland right now are from the UK, and they're great, friendly, and funny people.

I've got nothing bad to say about 'em!
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • I feel like people are more chill in the UK versus America. Plus their is a lot less sugar in the food. AND FREE HEALTHCARE. And since moving to England I have been obsessed with Hollyoaks. BBC's show series are so amazing as well. And if I went back to american tv, I would hate having so many commerical again, in the UK there are significantly less "adverts"
  • thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    I have never been to England, but I would really like to go to Cambridge and London.
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    Despite never having been to the UK, I do like their reality shows.

I've watched the first nine seasons of The Apprentice UK and am currently working on season 10. My favorite candidates tend to be axed after the interview rounds and this year it's no different. They edit their show a lot better than the American version. They even use one of the soundtracks from The Sims 3 on the show.

I used to be obsessed with Big Brother UK too. I started watching back in 2004 (the one where Nadia won) and stopped last year after boring waste of space Sam won. The Celebrity Big Brother version isn't really my thing, but I did watch several of them out of boredom. Gary Busey winning was lol-worthy.

P.S. Lucinda Ledgerwood is a goddess.
    Gillie wrote: »
    Despite never having been to the UK, I do like their reality shows.

I've watched the first nine seasons of The Apprentice UK and am currently working on season 10. My favorite candidates tend to be axed after the interview rounds and this year it's no different. They edit their show a lot better than the American version. They even use one of the soundtracks from The Sims 3 on the show.

I used to be obsessed with Big Brother UK too. I started watching back in 2004 (the one where Nadia won) and stopped last year after boring waste of space Sam won. The Celebrity Big Brother version isn't really my thing, but I did watch several of them out of boredom. Gary Busey winning was lol-worthy.

P.S. Lucinda Ledgerwood is a goddess.

The january uk celebrity big brother is once upon a time themed like the tv show!!! I cant wait!!
    zt5N9VP.jpg
  • elliskane3elliskane3 Posts: 2,050 Member
    edited December 2014
    I'm from the UK, it's either freezing or too hot. We can't make up our minds as to which we prefer. Lol. :mrgreen:
    elliskane3 wrote: »
    I'm from the UK, it's either freezing or too hot. We can't make up our minds as to which we prefer. Lol. :mrgreen:

Yea we are really fickle when it come to the temperature!!