Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Discussion

EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
I'm gonna get the new Pokemon games as a gift to myself this Christmas :) (I ordered them right when they were released, but it's very difficult to get anything Nintendo-related where I live. :( ).
I'll probably abandon The Sims 4 for a while till the new Game Pack comes out. :)
But... looking at the game's Metacritic reviews I'm not feeling so good. :( So I have decided to create a discussion thread to get to know your experience with the game, also to see if there are many of us (simmer/pkmnfan). :blush:

Comments

• Options
    Awww No one... :( I guess not many simmers are pokemon fans. :(
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited December 2014
    I'm a Pokemon fan. :blush:

I just haven't played the new one yet. :sweat_smile: My husband's been playing it, though. He seems to like it a lot. I wish I could tell you more, but if I start playing soon, I'll pop back into this thread.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    I'm a Pokemon fan. :blush:

I just haven't played the new one yet. :sweat_smile: My husband's been playing it, though. He seems to like it a lot. I wish I could tell you more, but if I start playing soon, I'll pop back into this thread.

Thanks! :D I'll be able to get them tomorrow, so I'm really excited. :D
  • Options
    Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    I'm getting it with some money I get on Christmas!

I cannot wait to revisit Hoenn!
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • Options
    Vici0us_VirusVici0us_Virus Posts: 3,076 Member
    Wow I think the last pkmn game I played was black. Lemme know if omega'z any better.
  • Options
    Wow I think the last pkmn game I played was black. Lemme know if omega'z any better.

Well, the 3D graphic is a plus. :)

Fordee09 wrote: »
    I'm getting it with some money I get on Christmas!

I cannot wait to revisit Hoenn!

I actually have never played Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire before, so I guess my experience is new. :)
  • Options
    HeartfulPeachHeartfulPeach Posts: 857 Member
    I always ignore reviews from videogame sites because whether a game is good or not depends on the player. I have seen videogames I love get average scores or some even got low scores and I'm like "what the hell..." so don't take to heart what the reviews tell you :wink:

Anyways, I'm thinking about getting the Sapphire version sometime in the future. when I finish the other games I already bought
    I like Kyogre and loved using its Sheer Cold move (it would always feel good when it hit).
    317chzb.jpg
    A big thanks to SimChic1 for making my simself in my avatar!
    Princess Peach Rocks!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I always ignore reviews from videogame sites because whether a game is good or not depends on the player. I have seen videogames I love get average scores or some even got low scores and I'm like "what the hell..." so don't take to heart what the reviews tell you :wink:

Anyways, I'm thinking about getting the Sapphire version sometime in the future. when I finish the other games I already bought
    I like Kyogre and loved using its Sheer Cold move (it would always feel good when it hit).

Thanks. :) I like Kyogre too (Groudon's look is too intimidating for me.) but the Ruby version has Ho-oh and Reshiram (two of my favorite Legendaries). So I'm getting both anyway. :smiley:
    My only memory with the Sheer Cold move is back in White 2. I use Lapras and Sheer Cold to defeat Kyurem and it worked right in the first turn. Phew. :#
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    I got it a day before the release and i've already completed it. Well, i'm not the type who completes the dex and everything, that would take too long. I've finsihed the story, raised a bunch of super strong Pokemon and my base is pretty swanky so i've started to lose interest now.
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    I want to get them, I just can't afford to at this point. I'm excited for when I can though. Sapphire was the first pokemon game I played. It'll be interesting to play the new versions for myself.

My friend got both of them, he seems kind of indifferent towards them, but hey I'll give them a chance when I can.
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I got one of them, only to see who could finish the game first, me or my brother :stuck_out_tongue:

I liked it, but then again I haven't really played since long, (since gold heart/ soul silver) and I'm not a hardcore player.
  • Options
    HeartfulPeachHeartfulPeach Posts: 857 Member
    Thanks. :) I like Kyogre too (Groudon's look is too intimidating for me.) but the Ruby version has Ho-oh and Reshiram (two of my favorite Legendaries). So I'm getting both anyway. :smiley:
    My only memory with the Sheer Cold move is back in White 2. I use Lapras and Sheer Cold to defeat Kyurem and it worked right in the first turn. Phew. :#

[img]http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/wp-content/gallery/omg/excited.gif[/img]

OMG Ho-oh is in the Ruby version? I was not aware of this (Ho-oh is my favorite Legendary pokemon) Now I don't know wich one to buy
    317chzb.jpg
    A big thanks to SimChic1 for making my simself in my avatar!
    Princess Peach Rocks!
  • Options
    edited December 2014

[img]http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/wp-content/gallery/omg/excited.gif[/img]

OMG Ho-oh is in the Ruby version? I was not aware of this (Ho-oh is my favorite Legendary pokemon) Now I don't know wich one to buy

Me too. :kissing_smiling_eyes: My second favorite of all time. :kissing_smiling_eyes:
    Here's a list of each game's Legendaries. :)
    http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/legendary.shtml
    Spoiler Alert. :)