Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rentals In Granite Falls

There is an unconfirmed rumor floating around on here that there will be homes or lodgings to rent in Granite Falls. An once those rentals are all gone, the world becomes unusable. I hope that this isn't going to be a problem with the game if we just want our sims to just go camping in Granite Falls. :\

Comments

• AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I don't think you can have Sims live there. They include rentals but not sure how long you can rent or camp there. It's for camping and exploring. I read the announcement.

http://www.thesims.com/news/ts4-gp01announce

We can currently edit other venues and even delete them all together. However, we can not edit the hidden areas in the game. There are two parts to the new hood. I am guessing we would be able to edit the new park area but not the "national park" area. I think it would be treated as the hidden areas we already have. Or maybe the other way around. My fear would be that the whole new hood would be like the hidden areas and nothing can edited. Just have to wait and see.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    If Granite Falls can't be made a permanent residence, the the pack is useless to me.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    What determines whether those campgrounds are full? That's my question.
  • FishyGoRawrFishyGoRawr Posts: 125 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    If Granite Falls can't be made a permanent residence, the the pack is useless to me.

Well... it is supposed to just be a Camping Ground, not a permanent residence. But really with all the issues we already have, I bet you could glitch your way to living there

Well... it is supposed to just be a Camping Ground, not a permanent residence. But really with all the issues we already have, I bet you could glitch your way to living there

Tis my dream!

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member

Well According to EA "I can create, I control and I rule!" so I should be able to decide what is a camping ground, and what is not. If I want my sim to live alone in the woods with nobody else around, in a lakeside cabin, then that is what will happen.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Well According to EA "I can create, I control and I rule!" so I should be able to decide what is a camping ground, and what is not. If I want my sim to live alone in the woods with nobody else around, in a lakeside cabin, then that is what will happen.

Rent every house? :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

I agree!

• Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member

They weren't suggesting you controlling everything :P
    Besides, that kind of stuff hasn't been confirmed yet. Since it is unlikely to involve visas, I'd imagine that even with renting/temporary stays, that there would still be several lots that can be bought out.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    I don't think you can have Sims live there. They include rentals but not sure how long you can rent or camp there. It's for camping and exploring. I read the announcement.

We can currently edit other venues and even delete them all together. However, we can not edit the hidden areas in the game. There are two parts to the new hood. I am guessing we would be able to edit the new park area but not the "national park" area. I think it would be treated as the hidden areas we already have. Or maybe the other way around. My fear would be that the whole new hood would be like the hidden areas and nothing can edited. Just have to wait and see.
    I read this in a tweet from another SimsGuru. Granite Falls is a destination world. So basically she is confirming that the sims can only vacation there, and that they can vacation there infinitely. :)

• steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    Are there log cabin? Imagine Christmas with all the family in a quaint log cabin!! Roaring fire in the fireplace and turkey!!
  • AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    I imagine within days after it is released, there will be a mod to allow permanent residences to be made.
  • Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »

I read this in a tweet from another SimsGuru. Granite Falls is a destination world. So basically she is confirming that the sims can only vacation there, and that they can vacation there infinitely. :)

By infinitely.... you can keep returning to the destination world.
    Aussie_Simmer
    Ashkevron wrote: »
    I imagine within days after it is released, there will be a mod to allow permanent residences to be made.
    It is possible that that could happen. Simsvip has been updating their mod list on a weekly basis these days. :)

• SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    i red this in the first article that has been posted. It was all confirmed by EA they said..
    sunman502 wrote: »

By infinitely.... you can keep returning to the destination world.
    By infinitely, I meant to stay there without having to leave at all. But they have the tendency to change things at the last minute. So this may or may not be in the finished product. :)