Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Outdoor Retreat - kinda skinny?

2...Next

Comments

• sirpadfoot42sirpadfoot42 Posts: 40 Member
    Still not sounding like it's worth the 20$ price tag...
    Valar Morghulis.
    gif345_zpshthqe2cw.gif

• PinkJellyBeansPinkJellyBeans Posts: 219 Member
    I'm not buying anything until they add toddlers to the game. I just can't play it anymore, making families is not fun when the most important life stage isn't there. Also, I wouldn't pay $20 for camping stuff, let alone £20.
    > @itsfuuh said:
    > I'm not buying anything until they add toddlers to the game. I just can't play it anymore, making families is not fun when the most important life stage isn't there. Also, I wouldn't pay $20 for camping stuff, let alone £20.

I completely agree. I know some people thought the toddler stage was frustrating for Sims 3, but I found it to be a lot of fun! Especially after all the kid stuff got added in, like the music swing chair and the play pen, etc. It's so creepy the way the babies jump out of the crib and boom! Kid! I think I'm going to hold off on purchasing anything more for the games until toddlers are added as well. It's simply not as interesting at this point.
    Valar Morghulis.
    gif345_zpshthqe2cw.gif

• EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    I'm absolutely with you! They should have at least done an expansion first and then do all of this. Things like this are more optional than compared to expansions.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Nothing for me to jump for joy that is for sure, I rather see what this GP brings to the game and it better be on point because if it is not. It will not look good for Sims 4.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    gamekitten wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Rain and snow are my favorite...Yes, yes I am odd. I do miss weather in the game.

I don't understand.. why are you odd? o.O

Because I don't like sunshine? Yes, I'm serious.

@stilljustme2 Usually I am snug in clothes (my comfy ones), usually late at night with coffee and baileys Irish crème, with my cat annoying me lol!

I hate the sun.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Rain and snow are my favorite...Yes, yes I am odd. I do miss weather in the game.

I don't understand.. why are you odd? o.O

Because I don't like sunshine? Yes, I'm serious.

@stilljustme2 Usually I am snug in clothes (my comfy ones), usually late at night with coffee and baileys Irish crème, with my cat annoying me lol!

Can't drink coffee, but hot chocolate and Bailey's sounds good right now...too bad my husband just left to go shopping. o:)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Do I live in a world of vampires? I feel like

I-Am-Legend-Will-Smith.jpg
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Kittenkiss wrote: »
    If the rumors of the cost is true, it's almost the cost of Sims 3 expansions when they were new. And if that is indeed true, I will be ever so annoyed.

It has been confirmed that the price will be $20. That's why I just asked a family member for a $20 EA cash card for Christmas.
  • Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    There hasn't been a lot of information released for the new game pack. I hope they release some new news soon. :)
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited January 2015
    3 months after release: "God this base game is boring we want more content NOW!"

When they actually push out content fast "GOd why don't they delay anything instead of rushing to put it out fast"

When they actually try to do a mini content pack that's very cheap and doesn't take long to make so that they can give us content to hold us over until the first expansion pack: "I'm not happy it's not an expansion pack!!!!"

When it's not Seasons (Aka the expansion pack that was in production since sims 3 late night for sims 3 BECAUSE IT TAKES FOREVER TO PROGRAM ALL THE PARTICLES) : I want seasons content hurry up!!

Aaaaand repeat cycle. Not defending EA but wow does Maxis never win ;)
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

Well Sims 3 content was much more expensive. A new object with new Gameplay "elements" used to cost $5 each on the store.
    We are getting 20+ for $20, including new world, new NPC's, a new Career, Vacation homes, Camping, Lodging etc.

It's MUCH better than what people had to pay for in The Sims 3.
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    I'm absolutely with you! They should have at least done an expansion first and then do all of this. Things like this are more optional than compared to expansions.

Oh god.

You do realise that the first Expansion ALWAYS comes 6 months after release. They are still working on it, and they are giving us this in the meantime.

So now Sims fans are getting MORE content choices than previously and they still aren't happy?
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    EasyToRead wrote: »

Oh god.

You do realise that the first Expansion ALWAYS comes 6 months after release. They are still working on it, and they are giving us this in the meantime.

So now Sims fans are getting MORE content choices than previously and they still aren't happy?
    Oh god.

You do realize this game is thee most lacking Sims game ever. I'm not going to settle for this in the meantime. They should have worked on something more important like toddlers and family trees.

You can be happy and satisfied with the current state of the game all you like. You aren't going to change my view and the countless others who are feel the same way. #DealWithIt #OddSpacing
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Kittenkiss wrote: »
    If the rumors of the cost is true, it's almost the cost of Sims 3 expansions when they were new. And if that is indeed true, I will be ever so annoyed.
    And then imagine how much a sims4 expansion pack will cost? oooh hideous thought.
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    Have we still not had confirmation yet regarding the price in GBP?

I for one don't believe £20 is the right price (even by EA's expensive pricing standards they've never simply swapped one currency symbol for another & the Euro price never stacked up right either) but I'd have thought this would've been addressed quickly to avoid any further damage being done to their reputation.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    3 months after release: "God this base game is boring we want more content NOW!"

When they actually push out content fast "GOd why don't they delay anything instead of rushing to put it out fast"

When they actually try to do a mini content pack that's very cheap and doesn't take long to make so that they can give us content to hold us over until the first expansion pack: "I'm not happy it's not an expansion pack!!!!"

When it's not Seasons (Aka the expansion pack that was in production since sims 3 late night for sims 3 BECAUSE IT TAKES FOREVER TO PROGRAM ALL THE PARTICLES) : I want seasons content hurry up!!

Aaaaand repeat cycle. Not defending EA but wow does Maxis never win ;)

I totally agree. They are working on improving this game and people continue to moan and complain.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited January 2015

The 20 dollar price tag was the same price as those horribly overpriced stuff packs. This not only has stuff but game play and a world and hairstyles and clothing. I am guessing you never bought a sims 3 stuff pack before because those were ridiculously overpriced for what you got. EA actually listens to us and decides to add more for a better price and it still isn't good enough. I am seriously doubting if anything will make a Simmer content. Lol
  • SandBumblebeeSandBumblebee Posts: 76 Member
    I live in a state that gets too much snow, give me a tropical island. Pets that doesn't do it for me. I couldn't wait for Sims3 Pets because of the horses, but there was so much other stuff like stray pets, and the ice cream truck always parked by my house that it turned me off, and it was the same way with Supernatural zombies everywhere Thank God for Mods that took care of that problem. Camping sounds good to me, and if it turns out to be crazy like some of Sims3 I will be looking for tips to take care of .
  • YorkieGirl4YorkieGirl4 Posts: 361 Member
    I think this game pack was just meant to give those who are getting bored with the game something to do while EA finishes up the first EP of the series. It's a cute little pack with a lot more than we've gotten for a similar price in the past. There have been multiple leaks showing that there is an EP in the works, but until they've finished it I think releasing something like this is a fairly smart idea.

Don't complain that it isn't weather. All of that is incredibly hard to code and will take time to get right. It's already been mentioned that they spent years working on weather for The Sims 3. While I hope it doesn't take that long, having additional things added to tide me over until it's done is nice. Releasing things that are easy to add into the game in between the huge updates we all want so desperately is a great idea and I like the direction it points for the future.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I think this game pack was just meant to give those who are getting bored with the game something to do while EA finishes up the first EP of the series. It's a cute little pack with a lot more than we've gotten for a similar price in the past. There have been multiple leaks showing that there is an EP in the works, but until they've finished it I think releasing something like this is a fairly smart idea.<br />
    <br />
    Don't complain that it isn't weather. All of that is incredibly hard to code and will take time to get right. It's already been mentioned that they spent years working on weather for The Sims 3. While I hope it doesn't take that long, having additional things added to tide me over until it's done is nice. Releasing things that are easy to add into the game in between the huge updates we all want so desperately is a great idea and I like the direction it points for the future.

I see it as the equivalent of the Store Worlds and Premium Venues we got in Sims 3 -- with the worlds we'd get a themed world, some new Sims, and additional gameplay through premium content. Those came out every 3 to 4 months or so. I think we'll see a similar schedule with the GPs -- a couple of mini GPs, then maybe an SP and an EP.

One of the biggest complaints about Generations was that it wasn't really an EP, because it was so skimpy. If we'd had GPs back then and it had been released as a GP, would we have heard the same complaints? This GP seems to offer more than Generations did in Sims 3 -- collecting, new aspiration, a new themed world, some new objects and interactions -- yet it's about $10 US less than Generations cost. And people think it's "skinny"? Sure, if the theme isn't to your liking, you can pass on it, just like people didn't buy certain worlds or venues because they weren't their cup of tea. But there are plenty of us who are enjoying Sims 4 despite some of the limitations, and are looking forward to this pack to add features to the game.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    I think this game pack was just meant to give those who are getting bored with the game something to do while EA finishes up the first EP of the series. It's a cute little pack with a lot more than we've gotten for a similar price in the past. There have been multiple leaks showing that there is an EP in the works, but until they've finished it I think releasing something like this is a fairly smart idea.<br />
    <br />

I see it as the equivalent of the Store Worlds and Premium Venues we got in Sims 3 -- with the worlds we'd get a themed world, some new Sims, and additional gameplay through premium content. Those came out every 3 to 4 months or so. I think we'll see a similar schedule with the GPs -- a couple of mini GPs, then maybe an SP and an EP.

One of the biggest complaints about Generations was that it wasn't really an EP, because it was so skimpy. If we'd had GPs back then and it had been released as a GP, would we have heard the same complaints? This GP seems to offer more than Generations did in Sims 3 -- collecting, new aspiration, a new themed world, some new objects and interactions -- yet it's about $10 US less than Generations cost. And people think it's "skinny"? Sure, if the theme isn't to your liking, you can pass on it, just like people didn't buy certain worlds or venues because they weren't their cup of tea. But there are plenty of us who are enjoying Sims 4 despite some of the limitations, and are looking forward to this pack to add features to the game.

Exactly how I feel. Thank you. =)
    alan650111 wrote: »

The 20 dollar price tag was the same price as those horribly overpriced stuff packs. This not only has stuff but game play and a world and hairstyles and clothing. I am guessing you never bought a sims 3 stuff pack before because those were ridiculously overpriced for what you got. EA actually listens to us and decides to add more for a better price and it still isn't good enough. I am seriously doubting if anything will make a Simmer content. Lol

First of all, yes, I bought a lot of the stuff packs. Secondly, did you see when I posted that comment? We hadn't exactly gotten much information at the time regarding this GP. With added gameplay, a new area, and all the other stuff, yes this does seem more like it's worth 20 dollars. So lol yeah whatever. Some of us can be content.
    Valar Morghulis.
    gif345_zpshthqe2cw.gif