Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paid Time Off, Not getting credit for skills -- Solved

FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
I can't figure out if I have a bug or if I'm blind, but I can't find a way to actually have my sims take PTO. They have it accrued, but I don't see any way for them to take it. Should it be a choice on their phone?

Also, the child in my house is not getting credit for skill points he already has for a school promotion. I'll cheat him to a B and see what happens, I guess.

I'm about to trash this save file anyway (with over 100 hours on it -- cry) but I don't want to do so if these actually are bugs and not just bi-products of an old game.
Post edited by Felicity on

Comments

• FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Well, cheating the child to a B seems to have fixed him. Still can't find the interaction for PTO. It's not on the phone, not on the computer, not on the work panel. Either it's not there, or I have some very strange bug.
  • netguystevenetguysteve Posts: 470 Member
    To take PTO or Family Leave, look in the Household category of your phone. The same place where Find a Job is now located.
    "UR" is NOT a word, it's the sound stupid people make when they try to spell "You are".
    edited December 2014
    To take PTO or Family Leave, look in the Household category of your phone. The same place where Find a Job is now located.

Okay, then I have a bug because it's definitely not there for any of my sims in any of my households. I'll start a new game and see if I can find it or if I'll have to take more drastic measures. Thank you.
  • EmmySim79EmmySim79 Posts: 30 Member
    Ejoslin, you have to wait until one hour before your shifts starts, then you will get the option via your phone.
    edited December 2014
    Unfortunately, that's not it. I think the problem is with that save -- which was having severe with very long loading screens as well. I have started a new game after doing a reset and there's no issues -- the option comes up even on the guy where it's 14 hours before his shift. I'm trying to narrow it down to see if it's a mod that caused it, but it doesn't look like that is the problem.

I also ended up losing my tray folder, which makes me very sad. But the game won't load with it any more.
    Oh, wow, I'm surprised, it was the last mod I tested and one I wouldn't have expected. So if anyone else is having this problem, what caused it for me was the larger interaction queues mod.

I feel dumb now, but perhaps my old save can be saved. The tray, however, is beyond hope.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    ejoslin wrote: »
    Oh, wow, I'm surprised, it was the last mod I tested and one I wouldn't have expected. So if anyone else is having this problem, what caused it for me was the larger interaction queues mod.

I feel dumb now, but perhaps my old save can be saved. The tray, however, is beyond hope.

One user said she was able to put her Tray folder files back in and the game would load. Like it needed to refresh something it couldn't refresh with the Tray folder in, then it was fine. Another user was able to keep *most* of her Tray folder except the most recent ones, so you might try putting *some* files back (sort by date and batch them) and see if it helps.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    @luthienrising than you so much -- that worked. I took out everything dated from today -- odd that there were entries as I didn't do anything that should have added to it -- and now my game launches again.

So yay, I now have my old save and my old stuff and can take vacations :D Thank you everyone!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Soooo weird that it seems to be the same-day Tray files that bork it! That's two people who found the same thing.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • GumibrosiveGumibrosive Posts: 2 New Member
    I am having the skill problem with an adult, how do you cheat them up a level? would the same process possibly work to fix adult sims?
    I cheated him up a grade, not a level. I actually use a mod that enables cheat codes on a right click. I have heard, though, that if your sim goes to work, they'll still get promoted when appropriate.

I use this http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=532735 but you could also google cheat codes and find the cheat for promoting a Sim.