Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is useful to know regarding the latest patch

I have a sim in the Tech Guru career who had fulfilled all the requirement for promotion to Development Captain, her performance was maxed out, she had a programming skill of 5 and had spent her saturday making the 3 plugins she required. All she needed to do was show up for work on Monday.

Then I installed the patch,

Instead of needing to make 3 plugins she needed level 4 in video gaming and the game was not registering that she had any in this field (she was level 3). I got her to play on the computer to raise it to level 4. The game still didn't show in the employment window that she had any skill levels.

I checked the forum to see if anyone else had the same problem, people had and one way they found around it was to quit the job and the get again. I did that and she got a job one level below where she was. I used a cheat to get her to the level where she was. It took her four days to get promoted. She was spending the next weekend trying to get her video gaming high enough to get her next promotion when my game crashed and I was back to just before she quit her job.

This time I noticed how high her performance bar was and decided to send her into work the next day just to see what would happen. She got her promotion Monday evening even the job window was saying she didn't have a high enough skill.

So the moral of the story is if after the patch the game is saying that your sim doesn't have any skill levels in a new requirement for their career (when you know they do) don't anything drastic like quitting and rejoining a career to make a skill register just send then into work they will still get the promotion if their skill points and other requirements are high enough and after that their skills will register normally in the Job window.
tsNVdyA.png
Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
Until it joins some larger way,
Where many paths and errands meet.

Comments

• Options
    MakoSimsMakoSims Posts: 284 Member
    That's good to know. I have 2 teen C grade students in my household & only one of them was affected by this but I had no idea what to do about it.
    Origin ID: sakura-drops
  • Options
    akashathekittyakashathekitty Posts: 17 Member
    > @Moon_Willow said:

> So the moral of the story is if after the patch the game is saying that your sim doesn't have any skill levels in a new requirement for their career (when you know they do) don't anything drastic like quitting and rejoining a career to make a skill register just send then into work they will still get the promotion if their skill points and other requirements are high enough and after that their skills will register normally in the Job window.

Yep, I can confirm this as my experience as well. I loaded into a family with four adults and three of them didn't show their skills right under job requirements. They all got their promotions like they were supposed to, and on the next tier it showed fine.
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    That is such a relief to know. I was freaking out about it...thinking my family was glitched, which would be bad since it's the family for my story.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    dmama1314dmama1314 Posts: 262 Member
    Thank you! I am level 6 in tech and it was not registering my level 5 in video gaming. I was wondering how that would work!
  • Options
    Bird166Bird166 Posts: 443 Member
    Thanks for the info! Two of my sims are both not showing correct levels, hopefully sending them to work will fix this!! Although I will need to max out the piano skill first, he is at 9.5.
  • Options
    qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    I had a similar issue where a sim child had to get an A-grade in school. She already had it but wasn't credited...I did send her to school like you suggest but that didn't fix it. I ended up cheating the milestone (she'd technically fulfilled it) because she was aging up that night.
  • Options
    devilchild803devilchild803 Posts: 48 Member
    I've exited the game and gone back in, which updated the job requirement details for me. Just in case somebody hasn't tried that.
  • Options
    BlargghhBlargghh Posts: 46 Member
    This same glitch can apply to Aspirations, too, which is unfixable. The only way to get around it is to use testingcheats to forcibly complete a milestone. :/ I'm having an issue with a child sim who has completed the Mental Aspiration goal of getting an A in school, only for the requirement to not tick off. So today I'm going to have to force the milestone using cheats.

I hope they fix this bug soon, it's making it really difficult to make progress.