Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weekly Sales Page

Comments

• Options
    simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    Did u get the Compilation @LadybugLeslie and @Sophie-David ?? Hope so :smiley:
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • Options
    Sophie-DavidSophie-David Posts: 98 Member
    > @simgeek79 said:
    > Did u get the Compilation LadybugLeslie and Sophie-David ?? Hope so

I sure did, thank you - and for free! "DD242" has been etched on my brain for the last month or so! :)
  • Options
    Yay!!! Glad to hear! :p I really wished that there were more compilations on the DD - such great value!

• Options
    Yes, its really an amazing value. Thanks to @LadybugLeslie's tip, the Ultra Lounge Compilation is also free after downloading Best of 2010, so I just counted 31 subsets on my Purchase History screens thanks to these two compilations!
  • Options
    Cynth220Cynth220 Posts: 1,162 Member
    I completely missed Best of 2010 actually! Not even sure I had enough to get the Green Button. Panda & Friends is part of Tip Top Toddler & Kids! 2012 and I happen to think it's cute for a tropical climate. Best of 2010 never crossed my mind!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    That's awesome news @Sophie-David :p The information @LadybugLeslie has put on her thread is so helpful, glad to see you using it, it's a shame more people don't :confused:

I've updated my Sales post finally (my girls were busy playing in Lucky Palms - gambling no less!!) finally got my computer back!

Well, I see we have a couple of new sets including Jet Set Teen which isn't on the DD list, Future Shock Kitchen but that's on the DD this weekend for 57% off so no point buying it on Sale unless you already have enough items to get it free; The Not So Routine Machine is new as well (since I've started tracking) but it too will be on the DD soon at a whopping 79% off (April 12th/13th depending where you live) so definitely wait for that one if points are precious. Finally Ultra Lounge Dining has already made its only appearance on the DD list this rotation so unless you want to wait till the next time Deal 54 rolls around, this might be your best route or you could wait and see if it turns up another week on the Sales page.

Hope everyone gets some great deals this week!! :)

• Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    @simgeek79 - Thanks so much for the birthday greetings and goody. <3 Thanks again for keeping up this weekly list. (I know it involves time you could spend doing something else and I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates you for this gift.) I can't believe how helpful this list is to use, especially when searching for sets that are not on the DD and to compare prices. For example, Jet Set Elders is always on sale for 167 SimPoints, when it's on the weekly sales page. LOL
  • Options
    You're welcome @ReachSims :) I hope you had a wonderful birthday <3 I actually have a spreadsheet where I list the items alphabetically so you can see the items stacked and what their different discounts have been and when they showed up but I don't know how to upload it. Perhaps yourself or someone else visiting this thread knows and can walk me through it because I think it can be a great tool as well. I know trithone has been busy and hasn't had a chance to update hers so it would be good if I could share mine. Need to get ready for work now, have a wonderful day :kissing_heart:

• Options
    LadybugLeslieLadybugLeslie Posts: 698 Member
    Sorry- I'm late to the party, but I did get the compilation!!! It was AMAZING. It was my last piece for World Inspiration, which then gave me Morocco Mystique for free. It also gave me Ultra Lounge 2010 for free, which will make Loads of Laundry free later on when it's on DD. It also set off Finest Living/Finest Cooking, which set off Dec 2011. So fun :)
  • Options
    I just wanted to make a quick note that the Mini Dirndl currently on the Weekly Sale makes a good CYS discount item for the Oktoberfest Celebration set. Although Oktoberfest Celebration is itself on the DD (DD 175 and DD 786), none of its contents are on the DD list.
  • Options
    Wow @LadybugLeslie that's a cascade and a half!! Great tip @Sophie-David :smiley:

• Options
    Hey @gnlovew I think my post is on page 5...might be off cause I'm on my phone. I'll check back here later if u have any questions. It's soooo awesome!!

• Options
    gnlovewgnlovew Posts: 900 Member
    @simgeek79, Thank you! That was a very clear explanation (I may wind up printing it :smiley: ) Thank you for taking the time to explain it.
  • Options
    Good I'm glad you found it helpful :blush: ...one more question @gnlovew ...have you ever used the Elenahere's Calculator??

• Options
    gnlovewgnlovew Posts: 900 Member
    edited March 2015
    Holy cow, can't keep up with these posts :blush:@simgeek79, I have no idea what the Elanhere's Calculator is! I'm just so new to all of this. Sims3 is the first sims game I ever played, and I just started that two years ago. Don't think I opened the forums until this year :smile: I've just kind of been drifting through the game, picking up pieces here and there. Whoo, my baby (90lbs) boxer was trying to help me type :smiley: Yep, messed up my post :neutral: Anyway, I'm a newbie and have no idea how the forums work. I came here to socialize :smiley: with other people who love sims too, found the gifting, which is a ball! Now you're going to have me even more addicted :smiley: I love it!
  • Options
    gnlovew wrote: »
    Holy cow, can't keep up with these posts :blush:@simgeek79, I have no idea what the Elanhere's Calculator is! I'm just so new to all of this. Sims3 is the first sims game I ever played, and I just started that two years ago. Don't think I opened the forums until this year :smile: I've just kind of been drifting through the game, picking up pieces here and there. Whoo, my baby (90lbs) boxer was trying to help me type :smiley: Yep, messed up my post :neutral: Anyway, I'm a newbie and have no idea how the forums work. I came here to socialize :smiley: with other people who love sims too, found the gifting, which is a ball! Now you're going to have me even more addicted :smiley: I love it!

I picked up Sims when it was the classic on the XBox, though I fell for Maxis/EA when I had SimCity 2000. I eventually picked up Bustin' Out for Xbox and moved on to TS2 for PC, and found out about the (this is nasty to spell) Laganaphyllis Simnovorii (aka The Cow Plant) in Sims 2 University. From there I gravitated/Graduated to Sims 3 and haven't looked back since! Though I don't use the Cow Plant any more, it's still a favorite. And if you wanna get a bunch of really cool stuff I rec buying it A.S.A.P 'cause it falls into 2 different sets: Killer Classics & January 2012, both of which *I* wound up getting for Free by having the Cow Plant. Well, that & the CNY Year of the Dragon items. Anyway~ yeah...
  • Options
    This time I picked up Jet Set Elders on the new Weekly Sale - it is not available on the DD list. All items from Jet Set Elders cost 25 SP each, so it doesn't matter which one you choose to work the CYS discount. However, if you had the opportunity to get DD 657, Audrey Hepfire Vintage, it is a cheaper way to get the CYS discount on Jet Set Elders (I missed the DD 657 opportunity).

Also, this week's Immaculate Marcos shoes are a good investment towards Fanciful Fashion & Hairstyles which is also not on the DD list. There are three other items from Fanciful Fashion & Hairstyles that are on the DD list, so with patience these several items can wrestle down the CYS price.
  • Options
    Meh, nothing for me this time surprisingly. Well, MAYBE the Dead Man's Hand table but I'm waiting until I find out who wins Jaceigh's Easter lotto to add anything else. I *really* wanna win this one 'cause I can then knock out Sunlit Tides & Lunar Lakes from my "Eternal Wants" list and focus on getting a bunch of other sets.
  • Options
    Well two new sets since we started tracking Happily Ever After and Le Cirque Esprit. All of the individual items are new as well. Hope the new list is good for you :smile:

• Options
    Not sure if I'm remembering this right but didn't Jet Set Elders come as a gift with Generations? I know Generations has a cute registration gift which includes the old Rotary Phone...or am I over-thinking this?
  • Options
    I don't know about the Jet Set Elders gift @Cynth220 sorry. I bought Generations when it was released for full price many moons ago, and got the free phone & outfits but that's all I got back then.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    simgeek79 wrote: »
    I don't know about the Jet Set Elders gift @Cynth220 sorry. I bought Generations when it was released for full price many moons ago, and got the free phone & outfits but that's all I got back then.

I lucked out and landed it with World Adventures, didn't bother with the Worlds bundle since I bought each one available (Monte Vista & Hidden Springs) on their own. Gimme a bit to dig through my purchase history, I know I got it for free...

Edit: oh, forgot the Store is wonky right now.
  • Options
    Cynth220 wrote: »
    Not sure if I'm remembering this right but didn't Jet Set Elders come as a gift with Generations? I know Generations has a cute registration gift which includes the old Rotary Phone...or am I over-thinking this?
    When I bought Generations during the February sale it gave me a code to download The Sims 3 Generations Registration Gifts - the set you are referring to. This is the only additional content I got with Generations (the digital download from Origin). I also have World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Seasons and Into the Future, but I did not get Jet Set Elders until I bought it this week. It is possible that EA was more generous when Generations first came out.

• Options
    fairygirl7fairygirl7 Posts: 1,003 Member
    The Jet Set Elders Set was free during the 12 days of Christmas giveaway a couple of years ago. That's where I got mine from.
  • Options
    Thanks for the information @fairygirl7 :)