Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Huge thread with info and pictures of Outdoor Retreat

Comments

• Options
    Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    Added the map picture to OP
    B5ANHchCIAAZyX5.jpg

Don't get me wrong, that looks pretty cool, but, I fear it is too small. If it does have the regular 25 lots then they'll need the charm my bottom off with new stuff if they want my buy.
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

When is it coming out? I NEED IT NOW!

200_s.gif

You mean your money?

My wallet is spread out like that saying "take me".
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I hope there is large waterfalls.
  • Options
    taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member

200_s.gif

You mean your money?

Mine is too. :p

• Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    Hiking? Sounds like we'd need, erm, different terrain heights. Unless the mountains are big old objects...
    We do have different terrain heights on a minor scale already in the game. There's the mine entrance in the Oasis Springs park which is at a higher level than most of the park. There's also that blackberry bush on the other side of the park (not far from the fishing pond) that's up higher. My Sim played his guitar near that bush and attracted quite a crowd. Created a lot of routing issues and foot stomping.

Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member

200_s.gif

You mean your money?

As is mine!

Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    I need more information about what is included before I decide if the price is reasonable.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    But, is it going to be big is the real question.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Alnairan wrote: »
    I need more information about what is included before I decide if the price is reasonable.

that's exactly where I stand. I mean, if there's really only one lot then no way am I getting this. If there's the 20-25 lots I will consider based on what else is included. Give us 50 lots and plenty of empty ones, and I'll try to swipe my credit card through the computer.....
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    CloverreaCloverrea Posts: 134 Member
    I think canoeing would be an interesting concept for this dlc/expansion. I guess it would only work if there was some sort of lake included on one of the lots but It's something I would like to see.
  • Options
    EowynCarterEowynCarter Posts: 299 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Its definately and new neighbourhood or world!
    B5AJcEzCQAARp61.png

I say this in the nicest way possible. How could anyone pay $20 for this? it should be $10 AT MOST
    At least in Sims 3 we paid for huge world that would be usable with no limit of lots- well as many as you can fit on there.
    Sims 4 has flat landscapes and flat backgrounds with limited lots, this is probably not even as hard to make as the Sims 3 worlds.

EA, are you trying to get you money back?
    Depends on what exactly come with it hey.

Wait and see what they actually propose, and at what price, before calling crap on them right ? Personally, didn't bought the TS3 worlds, too expensive indeed.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Honestly, I'm all for DLC but I cant really see myself getting something like this. Campgrounds were never really my thing in the series. If anything, I'll wait for some gameplay vidoes or screenshots or something before even considering buying this Game Pack.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited December 2014
    'become a herbalist'

'Herbalist' indeed.....*snickers* :D

Edited:

I sincerely hope there are double rainbows. Whoa! Double rainbow. What does this mean?
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    B5AJcEzCQAARp61.png

I say this in the nicest way possible. How could anyone pay $20 for this? it should be $10 AT MOST
    At least in Sims 3 we paid for huge world that would be usable with no limit of lots- well as many as you can fit on there.
    Sims 4 has flat landscapes and flat backgrounds with limited lots, this is probably not even as hard to make as the Sims 3 worlds.

Depends on what exactly come with it hey.

Wait and see what they actually propose, and at what price, before calling crap on them right ? Personally, didn't bought the TS3 worlds, too expensive indeed.

Probably the standard objects and some Premium content, like what came with Sims 3 worlds.
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    the background for granite falls
    B5ARcnfCcAACtZ7.png
  • Options
    EowynCarterEowynCarter Posts: 299 Member
    If that's just it, I probably won't buy it. *shrugs*
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Kittenkiss wrote: »
    'become a herbalist'

'Herbalist' indeed.....*snickers* :D

Edited:

I sincerely hope there are double rainbows. Whoa! Double rainbow. What does this mean?

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was thinking along the same lines.

There's going to be some serious hysterical laughter coming in the Sims 4 soon.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited December 2014
    B5AJcEzCQAARp61.png

I do agree. $10, and I might be sold. Sorry, I refuse to pay $20. I'll just wait for a sale.

Goodness, I sound like such a tight wad. XD But really, it's the principle.

Edited: I must say though, it looks great.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Wasn't that something that was supposed to be offered in the Sims 4 Premium Membership? The great outdoors pack.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    B5ARcnfCcAACtZ7.png

Where are you getting this stuff from? I know it's real because simsvip just posted some of this stuff but really where? I want to know :D
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    B5ARcnfCcAACtZ7.png

Where are you getting this stuff from? I know it's real because simsvip just posted some of this stuff but really where? I want to know :D

I'm just getting this from Simsvip, Zebru and Simscommunity go ask them lol i tried it but no reply
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    added a translation not sure if free or not to be honest

Probably won't be free but I think it's got promise. This might be what they consider "game packs" -- not as comprehensive as a full EP but with more game play than your basic SP.

I like it -- hope we get some official details from EA. Offering the Holiday set as DLC through Origin might have been a way to test that system to make sure there were no major glitches.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I really, really, like the idea of going camping but this is one I will have to sit back and see how much gameplay is included in it.

Will there be park rangers to tell you to quiet down if you are too rowdy at your campsite at night?
    Will you see bears, deer, or even bigfoot on a hike?
    Will you even get to hike? Or will it be chance cards like Bon Voyage tours?

So many questions! And for $20, I want to hike along with my sim.
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    Maybe it's a free world like Riverview :grey_question:
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    I'll keep my eyes open but I'm not for sure buying. I'm totally fine with the free patches because they're free but now that we're headed towards paid content, you can bet I'm going to be choosy. That said, if it's a large world with many more neighborhoods with lots of free lots I could be convinced....

Things that actually add game play, like worlds, I'd be more apt to add, especially if those worlds had some sort of unique venue (Amusement Park World please please please...). Things like CAS items or more furniture I'd probably pass on, unless it was something unique like bunk beds or a pull-out sofa that turns into a bed (that would be nice if we do get apartments in a future EP).

Got to think that this sort of theme is why they added the paid time off in the patch; what's the point of traveling to an outdoor world if you have to turn around and go back to work the next day? And if this is successful maybe we'll see other themed worlds for Sims to vacation...could even be doing this instead of a full blown Vacation EP so you can pick and choose which destinations you want in your game. They could follow this up with a Beach Retreat, then a glitzy and glamorous resort with gambling, maybe even the asked for Cruise Ship destination.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)