Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sorry guys...

Gnarl_LeeGnarl_Lee Posts: 1,014 Member
so we got into a bit of a tiff in a recent thread and perhaps I can present this as a learning experience for others when emotions get heated...I came on too strong and got warned (first offence) and I guess one or two others might have as well (I never flagged or reported anyone)...to the point, one user feels like this was the last straw and wants to leave the forums...that was never my intent and I must apologize to that person and everyone else for takin the plum like I did...I was wrong for posting so harshly and I can admit that because im not the troll a lot of other users may see me as...i love this game too and i care enough about it to get into trouble over it...part of my nature I guess but im backing off and keeping my spite in check from now on...again, I am sorry to have caused such a stir and if anyone did look to that argument as grounds for leaving the forums then please, do reconsider.

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I admire people who are brave enough to apologize (missed the whole thing so I don't know what happened, hope you guys make up again).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    i have no idea what this is about
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Gnarl_Lee wrote: »
    so we got into a bit of a tiff in a recent thread and perhaps I can present this as a learning experience for others when emotions get heated...I came on too strong and got warned (first offence) and I guess one or two others might have as well (I never flagged or reported anyone)...to the point, one user feels like this was the last straw and wants to leave the forums...that was never my intent and I must apologize to that person and everyone else for takin the plum like I did...I was wrong for posting so harshly and I can admit that because im not the troll a lot of other users may see me as...i love this game too and i care enough about it to get into trouble over it...part of my nature I guess but im backing off and keeping my spite in check from now on...again, I am sorry to have caused such a stir and if anyone did look to that argument as grounds for leaving the forums then please, do reconsider.

It's not that, Gnarl_Lee, though I'm glad you recognized that the tone of your comment was what hit me the wrong way. I'm happy that you love the game, mind you, and I don't begrudge you being upset that others don't, but I've never enjoyed being talked down to. However, you're not the reason I'm considering leaving the forums. I feel that there's a double standard here, and plus, I'm losing interest in The Sims 4.

Please, bear in mind that I'm used to playing a game that allows me freedom of choice within the parameters of the game; the Sims 2 and Sims 3 gave me that freedom. I feel this particular game is too restrictive and, frankly, it's not challenging enough for me. I have more fun playing "Jones in the Fast Lane" (a mindless game if there ever was one) than I have playing *this* game.

Anyway, for now, I continue to lurk moar and post less. I just felt I had to put your mind at ease. You're not the reason I'm lowering my participation levels on this forum.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I also admire people who can stand up and take responsibility, apologise and mean it. Being blunt myself, I feel you on the "appearing to harsh" thing, but you can also be sarcastic and amusing without being spiteful. Anyhow, good on you for clarifying :)
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    Personally I like a straight talker , you know exactly where you stand with someone like that
  • JuanaJuana Posts: 840 Member
    I admire people who are brave enough to apologize (missed the whole thing so I don't know what happened, hope you guys make up again).

agreed.
  • RARAWRARAW Posts: 863 Member
    It's all cool Gnar_Lee :) I didn't had a heated exchange with you but I can understand you and the other members who had a heated exchange. We all or most of us here feel strongly about the sims 4 and we are all different unique individuals with different opinions. I'm glad you were mature about this and apologized. I hope you two do become good friends after this!

tumblr_n5dt2fzXjY1s7xoeto1_500.gif
  • dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    it takes a lot to admit when you were wrong. many people can not do that. I'm not sure what happen as honestly I haven't played s4 in so long I don't come on here often. But glad you were the bigger person and apologized. hope everything works out
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I'm glad to see such a heartfelt post, it takes a lot for someone to admit when they've read a situation wrong or reacted in a way they perhaps wouldn't have in real life or out of the heat of the moment.
    So I've got a lot of respect for you doing so :smile:

These forums have made things rather fraught for everyone and I think that has a lot to do with these situations-if we could all begin to leave past dramas behind and start again in a more tolerant manner these forums would be a much nicer place to be for everyone :smile:
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Good apology. I like straightforwardness.
    I only read half about that argument in that thread, but emotions can always get the best of us. And even though they're hard to control, I'm glad you were kind enough to apologize and make up. Hopefully there will be people who are more like you in the end.
  • thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    Hi @LaAbby I hardly recognized you with your new profile picture :)
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Hello @thesimsfairy47 :) I hope you are doing well.
  • thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    LaAbby wrote: »
    Hello @thesimsfairy47 :) I hope you are doing well.

The same to you :)
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg